TJ09

2011-04-23 - Second Annual Festival of Eggs

53/53 done .... got 'em all

Thank you TJ and all spriters for a wonderful Easter Egg Hunt

Hope we can do this again next year .... 'til then happy hunting to those who still need 'em

So how many are still only halfway? =)

Edited by Dolphinsong

Just four left to go for me! LOL, though I think I'm only likely to get one more before I head off to bed. Gotta get the dog to the groomer in the morning, and it's getting late. Nice to have plenty of time to get those last few - best of luck to those who still have lots to go!

And thanks so much to those who worked so hard to organize this. (I believe Dolphinsong was particularly instrumental, iirc? <3) I know I had a ton of fun with the small contribution I was able to make. So glad to see people enjoying things! ^.^

Edited by Imbecamiel

I love being an atheist, it makes me less angry with the world and other people. Just my general opinion on how people react to such situations as this. Personally, I think the egg is pretty. And as long as these "silent haters" continue to be silent, who cares what they think? Really...it doesn't make sense to bring it up if no one is openly saying anything against it. The world is full of religion, and trying to make ANYTHING 100% void of it is unreasonable, unpractical, and darn near impossible.

Also, a badge for anyone that completed if they choose to use it:

user posted image

I'm over halfway. My daughter, last count, was 25-ish. Will egg hunting be open tomorrow? *thought it was Fri, Sat & Sun only*

Oh man I love egg hunts. My eyes nearly fell outta my skull the first time I saw the goldfish.

I hope everyone had a pleasant easter?

Please take the "religious egg" discussion elsewhere - to PMs or a set-up IRC channel, perhaps. If it continues here, I may start handing out warns. Thanks. :3

I'm over halfway. My daughter, last count, was 25-ish. Will egg hunting be open tomorrow? *thought it was Fri, Sat & Sun only*

The first post has updated dates. :3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

It started Midnight Saturday Morning, but cave was down for 20 hours so TJ extended the event. First post has the deadline.

Perhaps if people want to debate whether it's "moral" to put religious holidays and symbols on DC they can create a thread. I personally think it's causing more drama and confusion being debated here, and it's arguably not on topic. As an atheist, I don't care and I think as long as TJ is the site owner it's his site and so the holidays portrayed on that site are more likely to be those most celebrated where he lives, which happen to be Christian holidays.

If people are going to be upset with religious symbols, maybe they shouldn’t be celebrating religious holidays. xd.png Egg hunting might have nothing to do with the actual background of it, but the religious aspect is why its endured so long and why its still celebrated.

Personally, I’m not religious, but I am grateful for the chocolate and candy, and DC egg hunts.

And to stay on topic, I finally got the flipping Steampunk egg, i can now rest.

I love being an atheist, it makes me less angry with the world and other people. Just my general opinion on how people react to such situations as this. Personally, I think the egg is pretty. And as long as these "silent haters" continue to be silent, who cares what they think? Really...it doesn't make sense to bring it up if no one is openly saying anything against it. The world is full of religion, and trying to make ANYTHING 100% void of it is unreasonable, unpractical, and darn near impossible.

Also, a badge for anyone that completed if they choose to use it:

user posted image

I LOVE your banners... !!!

THANKS!!!!

Wooa 46/53 smile.gif

Okay, so. I'm going to take it up one notch from what Sock says. Next person to mention religion and/or whether or not people are upset with the appearance of a religious symbol in this event in this thread gets a warning and at least two days of post moderation.

This is not the place for that sort of thing.

Now go enjoy the event and stop getting angry on the internet.

53/53! Last one was by Skinst biggrin.gif ... Love ALL the eggs, but favorites (in no particular order) by: Rhea, EarthGirl, Gradient, Sif, Nakase, Silvanon, Imbecamiel, Cheshire, Zovesta & EarthGirl’s banner. Thank you to all the artists.

Edited by JaneMcAsh

I LOVE your banners... !!!

THANKS!!!!

Wooa 46/53 smile.gif

Your quite welcome. I don't really like this one as much as my past 3...I just wasn't in the mood to be elaborate. Don't be surprised if the image changes slighty in the coming days or so, if I feel an urge to work on it laugh.gif

There is some amazing detail in these little things o.O

I think my favorite so far is Jupiter, though I've no idea why laugh.gif

It's just neat.

Done!

Thanks again to all the artists who created the beautiful eggs. I cannot even begin to pick a favorite. I love them all. So creative!

25/53

I'm getting there.

Waiting for these Eggs to pop out now and then causes me to multitask which I end up forgetting I've been hunting these in the first place.

So how many are still only halfway? =)

Eh he heh, yeah, that'd be me. Been a busy weekend. I think right now I'm just really hoping to get my own egg before I run out of time. xd.png

alabaster_demon - love your sig. smile.gif