TJ09

2011-04-23 - Second Annual Festival of Eggs

ty ty Ruby reboot worked! I have 51 now biggrin.gif Almost all and very happy! Ty artists for the beautiful eggs! Ty TJ for having the event again biggrin.gif I have a very full basket now!

53/53... Someone said there was going to be a purple egg near your basket when you were done

O.o? Where did you hear this?

fwooo! 42 eggs! got a perfect seven rows of six. i can sleep knowing i didn't stop while it was lop sided.

11 more to go!

I just got my own squid egg <3

Happy Kila Squid is overjoyed.

And the egg I got before it was Iarsmuffin's X3

There's nothing wrong with the egg - that's why it's okay. There's nothing about it saying "YOU MUST BE THIS RELIGION!" All it is, is a representation of what a particular person thought was lovely and meaningful. Some artists chose to be silly, some chose to be meaningful. Some would have liked to be meaningful, if they were capable of creating more than bacteria-esque paisleys. (*ahem* laugh.gif )

Not to mention, regardless of what we call this event, it's very much based on activities done on Easter, so why get disgruntled over one egg, when the entire event is technically what you should be upset over, if you're going to get upset at all?

Although it might also be worth pointing out that Easter has ties not only in a certain religion, but in fertility beliefs and ceremonies. The holiday itself is a hodgepodge of various things, so it only makes sense for the DC version to be a hodgepodge as well. Stop trying to be offended and enjoy it for what it is - a very lovely, very well-done piece of art by a wonderful person.

easter along with christmas is celebrated by the many and a lot of different religions celebrate it..

I never said i was offended.. i'm wondering why there is just one religion... why did she not to one for all the religions

Sinsdaemn they are refering to when the large sized basket use to appear on the easter page itself. When it is full, there is is a lil easter egg placed infront of the basket. This is not on the trophy itself.

Reason Nakase did the cross is because she herself is a Christian and thus wanted to express herself on her egg design. Its near impossible to put in all religons on a single entry as there is no room for it all.

Edited by Dolphinsong

51 eggs, 1 more for tonight, and nabbing the last one tomorrow morning. wink.gif

This is true, they are far older symbols than Christianity. I think Lola92 was referring to the egg with a cross on it though.

Nobody should care. Anyone who is offended by this one egg is picking on the artist for her religion.

To everyone who's upset about it: What are you people so pissed off about? The fact that she holds her faith dear to her heart? She's not trying to convert the masses with it, she's not trying to decry your beliefs. She did nothing wrong. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Put down the PC Police badge and stop reading offense into everything.

Edited by Lythiaren

easter along with christmas is celebrated by the many and a lot of different religions celebrate it..

I never said i was offended.. i'm wondering why there is just one religion... why did she not to one for all the religions

Eeeeeh, there was actually drama about that back in the planning process. Nakase had originally pulled the egg, but TJ gave the green-light for its use.

No one else wanted to make an egg with a religious symbol so as to avoid upsetting the masses, I suppose. someone had the idea to do one for different religions, too, but that started more drama, and we just kind of left it at that.

But again, TJ gave the green-light. And the egg is not, I repeat not demanding you drop your own beliefs and adopts a christian one. It's, as Iarsma said, an expression of something meaningful to the artist.

I would really prefer if there was no religion drama in this thread. It's a celebration meant for fun.

I just got my own squid egg <3

Happy Kila Squid is overjoyed.

And the egg I got before it was Iarsmuffin's X3

I'm going to cry blueberry tears if I don't get your egg. :<

Nobody should care. Anyone who is offended by this one egg is picking on the artist for her religion.

To everyone who's "upset" about it: What are you people so pissed off about? The fact that she holds her faith dear to her heart? She's not trying to convert the masses with it, she's not trying to decry your beliefs. She did nothing wrong. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Nobody said they were "offended, upset, or pissed off" or that anybody had done anything "wrong". They were just wondering.

At this rate I'll be lucky to get them all-- up to 32, but with work tomorrow, it'll be a tight race. So many cool eggies!! All of the spriters are wonderful! Love the steampunk eggie, and so looking forward to the cross one-- and the peacock! Got my squid one rather early in the hunt-- OH, and the gold fish/koi one, still waiting for that one as well.

Nice work, everyone! This has been really fun!

Probably because the eggs are small and not enough room for any others symbols... I could barely see the cross on the egg I got...

Doesn't mean anything in particular to me one way or another. I have family practicing many of the major religions of the world and they represent many, many different ethnic origins so I am probably more tolerant than most.

I thank TJ for hosting this egg hunt and the many illustrators who designed these eggs for us to collext...

Perhaps if people want to debate whether it's "moral" to put religious holidays and symbols on DC they can create a thread. I personally think it's causing more drama and confusion being debated here, and it's arguably not on topic. As an atheist, I don't care and I think as long as TJ is the site owner it's his site and so the holidays portrayed on that site are more likely to be those most celebrated where he lives, which happen to be Christian holidays. It's a fun event and it's not meant to offend people, only meant to be something for people to enjoy. There's no reason to take it so seriously. xd.png

Anywho, back on topic, I want to marry Seiss now. That koi egg is gorgeous. I'd want to marry bb too because I love her egg as well, but I think I'm either her daughter or her aunt or sister wife or something like that. I lose track of what relation I am to everyone in the skype family. It's confuzzling. My point is the eggs are beautiful. All the artists did a wonderful job in my opinion and deserve thanks for their contributions to this lovely event.

Hooray! I got all the eggs! I am not upset about anything...these eggs (ALL OF THEM) are beautiful works of art and I so appreciate all the time and effort that was put into this event. smile.gif THANKS!

33/53

20 to go biggrin.gif I'm so excited to see what those last ones look like.

Just got my last egg. I had as much fun finding them this year as I did last year. I hope there will be another one next year and for years to come. biggrin.gif

Edited by Jedi40

I have 50 of the 53 and still don't have Thuban's! *Come to mama, little eggie!* I am not sure which other two I don't have.

I am very thankful to TJ and all the artists who made this event possible. Please let us not spoil it by getting into a religious debate! This is not the place for that.

My daughter got the octopus (squid?) and I got the koi. We both got the peacock. Still hunting on mine, up to 30-something. I dunno if J has kept hunting or if she's too into vocaloid to bother.

I've... I've never seen the chicken crossing the egg one until I got it just now. OwO It's amazing~ :'O I have 24/53 eggs to find still. =3 More than halfway there!

Just finished collecting all the eggs! I hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter, and plenty of fun so far with the egg festival! Keep hunting, and have a good time! Good luck to all!

Once again I had fun getting all the eggs. Thanks to TJ and all the spriters for these awesome eggs.

Nobody said they were "offended, upset, or pissed off" or that anybody had done anything "wrong". They were just wondering.

Do you fall under the category that I was addressing? No? Then back off.

It's very rare for anyone on this forum to say "I'm angry" to express that they are angry. I can see their scowling little eyes going "OMG THAT'S A RELIGIOUS SYMBOL BURN IT". I know that all of you know that someone out there is doing it right now. We may not know who it is, but the fact remains that the haughty injustice that those people silently claim to feel is unwarranted.

Edited by Lythiaren