TJ09

2011-04-23 - Second Annual Festival of Eggs

40/53

.... still no Amateratsu. still 13 to go...

There's an amaratsu egg?

Darn, I doubt I'll be able to collect all of these beautiful eggs. Why oh why must Easter come at such an unconvinent time this year haha. Prom's draining me hard core.

53/53! I can now go to bed knowing that my collection is complete. biggrin.gif And Starscream's was the final piece. Thanks to all the artists who took the time to make such unique and wonderful eggs to hunt!

Only at 30 right now.

Still have a while to collect eggs though, so I'm not really in a rush.

:3

can someone explain to me why it is ok for a christian related egg to appear on dc when there is no other religions on dc..

I managed to get all 53 =D

Just a question. How do you know who created what egg?

Second post of the thread. ;3

I'm over with hunting smile.gif thank you so much for fun, TJ and spriters!!!

50/53. So close that I can taste that unfertilized dragon-yolk goodness.

can someone explain to me why it is ok for a christian related egg to appear on dc when there is no other religions on dc..

Well, for one thing, Easter eggs and Christmas trees really have very little to do with religion, when you think about it. They're a lot more cultural than religious.

For another, these easter eggs aren't even dragons, just holiday extras. There have been similar holiday extras for non-Christian holidays as well, like Halloween, Fourth of July, April Fools day, etc.

Not a big deal IMHO. :-)

I have another 10 to go, but I just found a rapeface-kyuubi egg ... but I think my favourite so far is probably the koi fish egg. happy.gif Thanks so much for all the fun!

There's nothing wrong with the egg - that's why it's okay. There's nothing about it saying "YOU MUST BE THIS RELIGION!" All it is, is a representation of what a particular person thought was lovely and meaningful. Some artists chose to be silly, some chose to be meaningful. Some would have liked to be meaningful, if they were capable of creating more than bacteria-esque paisleys. (*ahem* laugh.gif )

Not to mention, regardless of what we call this event, it's very much based on activities done on Easter, so why get disgruntled over one egg, when the entire event is technically what you should be upset over, if you're going to get upset at all?

Although it might also be worth pointing out that Easter has ties not only in a certain religion, but in fertility beliefs and ceremonies. The holiday itself is a hodgepodge of various things, so it only makes sense for the DC version to be a hodgepodge as well. Stop trying to be offended and enjoy it for what it is - a very lovely, very well-done piece of art by a wonderful person.

Well, for one thing, Easter eggs and Christmas trees really have very little to do with religion, when you think about it. They're a lot more cultural than religious.

For another, these easter eggs aren't even dragons, just holiday extras. There have been similar holiday extras for non-Christian holidays as well, like Halloween, Fourth of July, April Fools day, etc.

Not a big deal IMHO. :-)

This is true, they are far older symbols than Christianity. I think Lola92 was referring to the egg with a cross on it though.