TJ09

2011-04-23 - Second Annual Festival of Eggs

maybe hes adding the new features biggrin.gif just guessing

maybe hes adding the new features biggrin.gif just guessing

Or maybe he's still sleeping. smile.gif Can't fix a glitch if your eyes won't stay open, it would only make things worse.

Word on the IRC is that it's the host that's actually having the issues, which is why it's taking so long to get taken care of. xd.png Oh well.

Many websites are down today. It's not only DC.

Part of the problem for some of these sites - they are hosted on one of Amazon.com's servers and one of them crashed. The other servers are still up, so world's only tilting a bit.

From what I could tell, it seems that the Amazon servers happen to be the primary domain holding area - hosts use THEM to host sites... basically a domino effect here.

Should be interesting to watch the news as very popular sites are down - so I'm definitely interested in seeing how people are reacting to suddenly not having half of the internet there at their fingertips, so to speak.

The internet took off like a wildfire in roughly early 1990's, becoming more accessible to not only computer geeks (I'm married to a computer geek who's been using the web, etc, since the early 70's), but also to non-computer geeks.

It's been fascinating watching the internet change - almost without any fanfare. Now, instead of saying "oh, that site's down, might be just be working on it" - people now panic and sweat when a site goes down, thinking it got hacked or something... aaaccck.

I tell you - it's fascinating to see how people react and compare to how people reacted just a mere 10 years ago, 20 years ago. biggrin.gif

So that's what happened! Hope that Amazon can get their server back on soon. Good luck to them!

Wow, definite domino effect! I hope that is sorted out soon, for everyone's sakes, not just ours.

I must admit, that I hate this situation.... I don't really like this whole easter hunt thingy and now I would have the time to do it today and then...... well.....

I hope he lets us hunt the eggies till thuesday or something. i will be the next two days with my family....

Stupid stuff -.-

When a site goes down I ALWAYS think it got hacked~Coming from a hackers daughter

Oh, don't take my post as fact - I do not know if that's what happened to DC or other sites. All I know is that there are many sites down because of that. Some sites might be down for other reasons.

The only thing I can state as 100% fact is that there are many more sites down today than usual. That's all I can say. The rest is speculation.

I just found about this and the Cave is down sad.gif

I'm happy I can have the last year's basket too, but I'd love to have even last year's eggs!

urgh, perfect timing. the site is down when i find out about this.

D:

oh well, it's going to be fun smile.gif

Lol! Same here! Well, let's wait a little.

But I'm so excited for this festival! smile.gif

Safari can’t open the page “http://dragcave.net/” because the server where this page is located isn’t responding.

ohmy.gif

I do hope TJ will only add time to ERs...

Happy Easter, all, anyway.

I'll bet we have/are given time to get all the eggs, whatever happens.

Lol! Same here! Well, let's wait a little.

But I'm so excited for this festival! smile.gif

Same here as too. Maybe too much people trying to connect with DC?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be a couple hosts down according to this page: click

That being said, I hope all gets resolved soon. smile.gif

Too bad I didn't check DC before I went to bed last night. I just assumed that the egg hunt would start at 12:00am tonight. I hope the issue with the cave is resolved soon, but I'm confident TJ will adjust things so we have time to get all of them.

Anyway, Happy Easter everyone!

Glad to know that it's not just me having an issue. I was hunting in the cave when the site went down. I'm stoked about being able to hunt eggs since I missed it last year but I can't do that if I can't get on! sad.gif

Ah, darn...the cave is still down....on the up side, I did manage to snag one easter egg last night! smile.gif I hope it's fixed soon.... Happy Easter everyone! biggrin.gif

And here I made sure my alarm would wake me extra early and go off every 5 minutes to ensure I dragged my lazy bum outta bed so I could finish collecting before work! rolleyes.gif Ah well, back to bed.

Happy easter to you all!

Eiiiik, this is my first Easter egg hunt ever (even including real life! xd.png) so I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the DC to be back up! I'm excited!

I'd play if I could = = can't get on the site.

It seem to be "LOST".

Anyone else got this problem??

sad.gifsad.gif

NEVER MIND It seems it has been down all day.

Edited by DesolthDima

I hope TJ'll extend it by one day if the cave is down much longer. ;(

I hope TJ'll extend it by one day if the cave is down much longer. ;(

Ahh, he will, he always does that. I just hope that we get DC back soon^^