TJ09

2011-04-23 - Second Annual Festival of Eggs

If it is down for mant. I am sure I know why. As a fellow programmer I know that is it not as easy as it sounds to make sure not only the eggs pop up random at incriminated times but also to check each player for what they have then move to a different egg and check that one. On top of it he is combining last years in the same basket with this one. That means hes adding more code and more work and more checking to make sure there is no duplicate eggs. The code behind this has to be well done and I am sure he is working on making it better for all of us. The downtime is well worth the wait on what we are getting here a FREE special egg hunt on a FREE game where he pays for the server itself. If he reads this I would love to personally thank him for all his hard work and time. To you from me TJ a big warm THANK YOU!

Back just in time... to grab some pretties :3

That is the Coffee Bean. Unroasted BTW. I wasn't sure what everyone's preference was, light medium or a nice dark roast, but I figured you can roast it yourselves.

Does it come in decaf?

The downtime of Dragon Cave is not good for me as i have some eggs that need to hatch realy fast and one of them is a dino egg, hope it gets back up fast as i dont want to lose any eggs becouse of downtime

If it is down for mant. I am sure I know why. As a fellow programmer I know that is it not as easy as it sounds to make sure not only the eggs pop up random at incriminated times but also to check each player for what they have then move to a different egg and check that one. On top of it he is combining last years in the same basket with this one. That means hes adding more code and more work and more checking to make sure there is no duplicate eggs. The code behind this has to be well done and I am sure he is working on making it better for all of us. The downtime is well worth the wait on what we are getting here a FREE special egg hunt on a FREE game where he pays for the server itself. If he reads this I would love to personally thank him for all his hard work and time. To you from me TJ a big warm THANK YOU!

It's most likely just the regular stuff, actually. xd.png The site always goes down at this time, after all. And I think you can relax. Although people seem disappointed and rather anxious to get back to egg hunting, I don't see anyone screaming for TJ's head on a stake or anything like that. I think they understand.

reminds me of a clock I got on my wall that is a spoof of Starbucks Coffee

Starscream's Coffee <3. my bean was a somewhat late entry

reminds me of a clock I got on my wall that is a spoof of Starbucks Coffee

Starscream's Coffee <3. my bean was a somewhat late entry

Coffee is most enjoyed either very early or very late, so it's fitting.

It's never been down for me at this time before, so it doesn't seem to be regular maintenance.

Not only is it down, every time I refresh the DC page it crashes FF.

It's never been down for me at this time before, so it doesn't seem to be regular maintenance.

That's odd. FF doesn't crash for me when I refresh DC. Also, I've seen DC go down tons of times at 3 am. Sometimes the maintenance finishes fairly quickly, so maybe you just missed it.

Yeah I'm usually up this time and it's never down like this. I think they are fixing the double egg issue, which is good.

I've seen it go down plenty of times at this exact time [3a EST]

However, I've never seen it stay down this long. Normally, it would last about 20 minutes or so for me.

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx

Double egg issure?

I think I was on at this time not only today, and every time the cave was up.

Whether it's normal maintenance, egg hunt bugs being fixed, or both, does it matter? xd.png The site's down for the moment. It will be back up eventually. All we can do is wait. I don't think it makes a difference what the cause is. :3

I've seen it go down plenty of times at this exact time.

However, I've never seen it stay down this long. Normally, it would last about 20 minutes or so for me.

Well that's what I meant by 'never like this'. I should have been more specific. Time wise I've seen it go down but never this long. Plus right before this there was the double egg issue. So it would make sense that they would use a normal down time to fix the problem and it is just taking more time than a regular down time.

Whether it's normal maintenance, egg hunt bugs being fixed, or both, does it matter? xd.png The site's down for the moment. It will be back up eventually. All we can do is wait. I don't think it makes a difference what the cause is. :3

Probably not, but it's a bit silly to announce it on Twitter when nobody can get the eggs.

wow is it really happening??? yaaaayyyy! can't wait the site works again. thank you TJ and artists!

I'm really glad they decided to do the eggs again this year. It was fun last year and I'm looking forward to adding more eggs to my collection.

Probably not, but it's a bit silly to announce it on Twitter when nobody can get the eggs.

To be fair, we had a good three hours to start hunting before it went down, and it probably won't be down for relatively all that long, so why not announce it? xd.png

Well that's what I meant by 'never like this'. I should have been more specific. Time wise I've seen it go down but never this long. Plus right before this there was the double egg issue. So it would make sense that they would use a normal down time to fix the problem and it is just taking more time than a regular down time.

I wasn't directing my post at anyone in particular.

Lol, cave is down again. Always the same at events. tongue.gif

Well, although there often is more downtime during an event, it's really not all /that/ long relatively speaking. xd.png It does indeed feel longer though when you're impatiently waiting to be able to continue hunting for eggs or tricks and treats or event dragons.

sleep.gif DC Went Boom again!

Too many users online for Easter Egg Hunting! -Sits and Waits While Sipping Hazelnut Coffee-

Yeah, this can't be the regular maintenence downtime. It's usually up by now (I know, 'cause I usually watch the clock until it comes back up each night).

*wants egggggs!*

I guess I should follow the others and get some sleep, huh?