TJ09

2011-04-23 - Second Annual Festival of Eggs

I am very surprised that it didn't end at PST like the majority of places/events run by other US planners do. That gives the last of the US players a more of an even playing field (for lack of a better word) like the rest of the country got. The East coast has been home from their day for 3 hours and the West coast is still at work/school/etc.

Just an observation from me.

How was the time extended 20 hours if Easter was on the 24th, was supposed to last for three days, and the site went down on the 26th at 8:00?

EDIT: 3 days

A few hours after the event started on the first night, the site went down for 20 hours. :3

*sigh* the forums were down for me until now, I'm so sad it was over before I could even go to the caves, which might I add, are *still* down. :?

I am very surprised that it didn't end at PST like the majority of places/events run by other US planners do. That gives the last of the US players a more of an even playing field (for lack of a better word) like the rest of the country got. The East coast has been home from their day for 3 hours and the West coast is still at work/school/etc.

I agree. Very disappointed with all the down time (though obviously not TJ's fault) and with the fact that it doesn't end at midnight depending on your time zone.

Got all of my eggs before the site decided to go away x3 I actually wasn't aware I had them all for a little bit... I was thinking, why are there no more eggs showing up...

Then I went and counted them x3

All DC events run on "Cave Time" which is Eastern Time.

ok went in to check on scroll and dc web sight is timing out, is the cave down again? is something wrong? help I can not get in unsure.gifsad.gif

ok went in to check on scroll and dc web sight is timing out, is the cave down again? is something wrong? help I can not get in unsure.gifsad.gif

Yes, sadly DC is down. It went down just before 8PM Cave Time.

TJ is looking into it, but we don't have any information / updates yet.

dc 's been down for a while because so many people were on in a last min. rush for easter eggs :3

A few hours after the event started on the first night, the site went down for 20 hours. :3

Apparently, something is funky on my end, because I could use the cave Sunday morning, and it is down for me right now. I only lost approximately 4 hours, but it is still confusing. huh.gif

Thnks for the explanation,though. smile.gif

EDIT: nvermind, I see other people are having issues too...please say we get oh...1 hour or so added? please?

Edited by Kellach

Thank you both so much for your fast reply, was starting to think it was my computer. ....now waits to get in.....

Thank you

KelHel

The 20 hour downtime occured on Saturday.

WHAT?!! This started on sturday? That explains it. I thought it started on sunday. Thank you Dolphinsong! smile.gif

dc 's been down for a while because so many people were on in a last min. rush for easter eggs :3

We don't know why DC went down, only that TJ is looking into it. :3

EDIT: nvermind, I see other people are having issues too...please say we get oh...1 hour or so added? please?

I don't believe the cave was down an hour before the event ended. AFAIK, it was just by a few minutes, yes/no/wat?

DC went down during the last few minutes of the event.

I'm glad that I got all my eggs before the downtime. And thanks to all the people who made this event possible!

Yes, sadly DC is down. It went down just before 8PM Cave Time.

TJ is looking into it, but we don't have any information / updates yet.

The cave seals ate it. I'm surprised TJ didn't figure that out. D8< It's obvious.

Only time TJ would extend something for a day is if the cave is down for roughtly a day. Just because a few minutes were lost at th eend of the event doesn't equal a full day's worth of extended time.

Only time TJ would extend something for a day is if the cave is down for roughtly a day. Just because a few minutes were lost at th eend of the event doesn't equal a full day's worth of extended time.

I haven't been able to get on for hours.

Not for nothing but the site was down, for me at least, a few hours before the event was suppose to end....was it only me that it happened to that early?

The cave seals ate it. I'm surprised TJ didn't figure that out. D8< It's obvious.

*conks your head playfully* Silly, anyone can tell that those are in fact cave sea elephants! Really, it's elementry my dear!

OT: If TJ does in fact add time, I hope he gives us a little warning so we know when to get on. Then again, that could cause another crash.......... hmmmmmmm............

*waddles off to devise a new plan for world domination for cave/event restoration*

... anyone have sea elephant bait?