The Fire Within

1. The Fire Within

2. Ice Fire

3. Fire Star

4. The Fire Eternal

5. Dark Fire

has anyone read any of these? I JUST GOT STARTED ON THE FIRE ETERNAL!! xd.png

Edited by sarrepta1

I tried to read the first few, but I didn't know which order to read them in and they confused me anyway... I might try again, I might not. It really depends how I feel at the time, really.

I do like the idea of living dragon statues, though.

The only one I haven't read is Dark Fire. They were interesting books but certainly could be confusing (I just didn't understand ending of The Fire Eternal).

It gets explained in Dark Fire. It was completely different than what I thought had happened.

i thought it was a great series, but it was just to long for me. i stopped in the middle of firestar. sad.gif

I started with Icefire and went back to read the first eventually. I never got The Fire Eternal Dx There's going to be a 6th book also, Fire World. Found that on a book site, not sure how true it is. <<

Anyway I love the series. When I first read it I was like "OMG LIVING DRAGON STATUES GIMME ONE 8D". lol.

I hope my library has The Fire Eternal, so I can get back to reading this series again. :/ I want to know what happens. D:

I've read them all. I loved the stories at first, but I hate how it's turning into a whole commentary about global warming. xP

I love Zookie. And Gretal. <3

Although, if you're only on book one, you wouldn't have heard of Gretal yet...

I've read them all, and loved them. The end of Dark Fire was kinda confusing, but they were still really good.

Yay Gretal!

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I've read them all, and loved them. The end of Dark Fire was kinda confusing, but they were still really good.

Yay Gretal!

Yes. Yay Gretal!

She has a quiver of flowers. I found that pretty cool.

And I like her personality. ^^

I read the first three a couple years ago and loved them, but I never made it through the fourth. Which is pretty weird for me.

I have read all of the books and there is only one word that I can describe them with: Awesome!

I'm still quite confused as well about Dark Fire's ending. I am constantly racking my brains over it.

The only one I've read is The Fire Within... But it was really good! I would like to read the rest of the books (If I ever get the time to dry.gif )

The only one I read and LIKED was The Fire Within. Everything else didn't make much sense. I might try to pick it up again later.

It's too bad that in Fire Star that they barely mention Grace's name. I'm getting to the point where I miss that listener dragon sad.gif .

There's another book out... I found it two days ago when browsing a book store for a different book. I was like OMG, but wait, wasn't Dark Fire supposed to be the last one?

Obviously I haven't read Dark Fire yet (been too busy with summer reading for school to read books I actually want to read) and read somewhere that Dark Fire would be her last book. Whoever wrote it... WRONG! and now I have to wait for the paperback of the new book :/

but, maybe I'll get to read Dark Fire before then xd.png

I didn't understand the ending in The Fire Eternal... not at all. Even after rereading it for the 6th time.

love them

just the history always confuses me

finished the 6th book, and i was like "what... just .... happened..."

There's another book out... I found it two days ago when browsing a book store for a different book.  I was like OMG, but wait, wasn't Dark Fire supposed to be the last one?

Obviously I haven't read Dark Fire yet (been too busy with summer reading for school to read books I actually want to read) and read somewhere that Dark Fire would be her last book.  Whoever wrote it... WRONG!  and now I have to wait for the paperback of the new book :/

but, maybe I'll get to read Dark Fire before then xd.png

I didn't understand the ending in The Fire Eternal... not at all.  Even after rereading it for the 6th time.

Yeah I thought Dark Fire was the last book too. Spent half a school night to finish that book. Apparently the author says there would be a total of seven books in the series. Now to find the sixth book. happy.gif

I started with Icefire and went back to read the first eventually. I never got The Fire Eternal Dx There's going to be a 6th book also, Fire World. Found that on a book site, not sure how true it is. <<

Anyway I love the series. When I first read it I was like "OMG LIVING DRAGON STATUES GIMME ONE 8D". lol.

I hope my library has The Fire Eternal, so I can get back to reading this series again. :/ I want to know what happens. D:

Yep. That book site was telling the truth. There is a sixth book and it is called Fire World.

Edited by MangaFreak

I have the entire series + Fireworld. It gets confusing and I often think about the message that the author is trying to giving me. Sometimes, it seems like a very childish novel, with a childish plot; yet when I think deeply about the plot it seems so symbolic and philosophical.

David is such a Messiah-ish character. And the Fire World is AU (alternate universe) and all the characters have different names and lifestyle, yet what makes them essentially them is the same. The human condition. wink.gif

Yeah I thought Dark Fire was the last book too. Spent half a school night to finish that book. Apparently the author says there would be a total of seven books in the series. Now to find the sixth book. happy.gif

Yep. That book site was telling the truth. There is a sixth book and it is called Fire World.

So there's more... alright, I can live with that cool.gif I was kinda sad that it was going to end anyway, with Fire Eternal's ending confusing me and all.

I only just found out that Fire World already got released. xd.png I'm late!

Well, I've read the first 5 of them, and I like it, but I must admit, it's quite confusing at first. I guess that's what makes them interesting, for me anyway. I hate all the cliff hangers though! Drive me crazy, but that's how they sell! tongue.gif Anyways, the first book was definitely childish. [but I am a child, after all!] But by third/fourth book, it starts to get series. Especially with all this Polar Cap Stuff.

Now, I'm just waiting for whoever has the only copy of Fire World at my library, to hurry up and return it!!! August 20th.... ~waits~

I loved 'em so much until I saw what the figurines actually looked like. I thought they were supposed to be realistic looking. But... alas, no.

But all in all, with my realistic figurine fantasy. It = <3

yep the entire thing the last dragon cronicles from the fire within to fire world i love david zanna lucy and lexy love them and zookie rules G G G all the dragons are named with the first letter G yay G gadzooks penciel and note pad sometimes du du duuuuu i wish i could have a pennykettle dragon