sarrepta1

Jurassic Park

jurassic park is a movie that i dont like. but for some reason i watch it anyways. the information in that movie is rlly fake.

Good thing it's not meant to be an educational movie. :3

I looooove Jurassic Park, all movies and all books. It was meant to be a suspenseful/thriller type movie, and I think it was pulled off excellently.

I <3 Ian Malcolm.

I love Sarah, but I have to admit, she was much more awesome in the books. I also really enjoyed the way Kelly and Arby were set up in the books, so it was kind of sad that was changed in the movies, but I'm glad Kelly was still awesome (velociraptor defeating gymnast? Heck. Yes).

There were rumors of a fourth Jurassic Park which would concentrate on Ellie, which I was really excited for, but it seems those were either just rumors or they met a dead end. Sad, because Ellie was an awesome character, too.

I think Michael Crichton and Spielberg both did an awesome job of having human characters and heroes of both genders and of all ages.

Man, I could talk forever about Jurassic Park. Someone stop me or I'll come back and add a novel to this post. x3

(Fun fact, when I was around four, two years after the first Jurassic Park came out, our neighbor told my mom how great the movie was and how her two young sons loved it. My mom went ahead and let me watch it. I loved it, too. I could watch it over and over and over and over again. My mom stopped letting me when I asked if I could watch "the monster movie" again. :B

Also got to see the third Jurassic Park in theaters. The spinosaurus turning around and bashing through the gate after the family reunion scared the heck out of me.)

I love the movie(s) and the books. I've watched them numerous times.

Love all of the Jurassic Park movies. Velociraptors, FTW. <3 I've never gotten around to reading the books though! I'd like to get around to doing that sometime, I've heard they're quite good.

I would highly recommend the books!

There are some major differences between book and movie (especially the seconds, and most changes in the first were done for dramatic purposes), so they're kind of different tones, but Crichton rocks and I love him. x3

I only recall bits and pieces of the movie; I remember the booka lot better.

I keep trying to imagine the movie raptors with feathers... it just doesn't work out. I keep laughing.

Hey, I'm not the only one!

I went to some lecture that painted raptors with feathers and I just kept thinking "but then Jurassic Park would have been ridiculous D<" lawl.

They don't even have the "distorted cuteness" horror factor. Savage teddy bears would be scarier. Edited by RheaZen

Love them! Books and movies (although, as always, there's more detail in the books and some changes made for dramatic effect in the movies). They're movies I still watch regularly, and I don't think they've dated at all. Even if our knowledge of dinosaurs has come on quite a bit form when they were made wink.gif

An interesting note: in The Lost World novel, the baby T. rex is feathered. Makes one wonder what people would think about feathered dinosaurs now if they'd used it in the movie. :3

Jurassic Park is pretty much the best movie (series) involving dinosaurs we have, which is kind of sad considering how much more we know about dinosaurs now. Regardless of how inaccurate they are, I still love watching them. I partly blame the music though. ^^

I don't care how inaccurate the information is, I love the movies. Especially the first one...definitely my favorite...

and yes, the music is a big part of why I love it so much. :3