Dr. Paine

Favorite quotes!

Gaston: "You were snobby ever since I met you! I still have the wallet I lifted from you today!"

Phantom: "I was never so snobby! And you never got hold of my wallet!"

“Fame is an empty purse. Count it, go broke. Eat it, go hungry. Seek it, go mad.” – Torquil from Krull

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.” –Inigo Montoya from Princess Bride

“I see NOTHING! I know NOTHING!” – Sgt Schultz from Hogan’s Heroes (the man was a genius wink.gif )

On why a fjord was named Harrison’s Fjord

“Harrison? … He had a droll sense of humor and loved early space adventure stories.” Sean Shongili from the novel Power Lines. (I’ve read it a few times, and that line always makes me laugh.)

From Thor

Jane: “But she tazed him.”

Darcy: “Yes I did.”

Thor: I have no plans to die today.

Heimdall: None do.

"If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH,' the paint wouldn't even have time to dry."

This is very similar to the suggestion put forward by the Quirmian philosopher Ventre, who said, "Possibly the gods exist, and possibly they do not. So why not believe in them in any case? If it's all true you'll go to a lovely place when you die, and if it isn't then you've lost nothing, right?" When he died he woke up in a circle of gods holding nasty-looking sticks and one of them said, "We're going to show you what we think of Mr. Clever ---- in these parts..."

'I can see we're going to get along like a house on fire. There may be no survivors.'

It was followed by a long scream of rage mixed with a roar of complaint: 'AAaargwannawannaaaagongongonaargggaaaa BLOON!' which is the traditional sound of a very small child learning that with balloons, as with life itself, it is important to know when not to let go of the string. The whole point of balloons is to teach small children this.

--Various Discworld books

Dr. Doofenshmirtz - "Lies are the glue that hold society together."

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once." ~ William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar- Act 2, Scene 2

From Astonishing X-Men #7:

Wolverine: Oughta be grateful...

The Thing: Grateful.

Wolverine: Monstro was practically capped 'fore you bothered to show.

The Thing: Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?

Wolverine: You got a problem with mutants?

The Thing: I meant Canadians.

From Good Luck Charlie

(Mrs. Dabney honks horn and yells, "Move it Grandpa!)

Teddy: Sorry, that was her, not me! Oh.. look, grandpa is telling us we're number one!

Mrs.Dabney: No he's not he's-

Teddy: I know...

I would lay down my life for America, but I cannot trifle with my honor!...

John Paul Jones...

"The good of the many outweighs the good of the few" Oh Spock how I love thee.

" My "people skills" are "rusty." Pardon me, but I have spent the last "year" as a multidimensional wavelength of celestial intent." greatest description for an angel's true form - given by Castiel in Supernatural.

Old Klingon expressions...

Revenge is a dish which is best served cool...

Old Klingon expression...

Revenge is a dish which is best served cool...

"Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them."

―Sherlock

"It's not chance, Mr. Holmes, it's chess. It's a game of chess."

―Jeff on his game

"Every fairytale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me, or you're nothing."

―Moriarty to Sherlock

"All magic comes with a price!"

—Rumplestiltskin

Edited by ShadowMonster

Well, well, well. Welcome... to my lair! Let me just flag something up: according to the control panel light up there, the entire building's gonna self-destruct in about six minutes. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the light. I think the light's on the blink, but just in case it isn't, I am actually going to have to kill you, as discussed earlier. So let's call that three minutes, and then a minute break, where we should leave a leisurely two minutes to figure out how to shut down whatever's starting all these fires. So that's the itinerary. Also, I took the liberty of watching the tapes of you killing her, and I'm not going to make the same mistakes. Four part plan is this: One, no portal surfaces; two, start the neurotoxin immediately; three, bomb-proof shields for me; leading directly into number four: bombs for throwing at you. You know what, this plan is so good, I'm going to give you a sporting chance and turn off the neurotoxin. I'm joking of course. Goodbye.

Giggywig – “We goofed. We erred. We misinterpreted the data at hand.”

Blaznee – “Told ya so”

Giggywig – “Let me sum up the entire situation in a nutshell: there are five of us, and four billion of them. They have Strategic Air Command, nuclear powered submarines, and John Wayne. We have this.”

Captain Bipto – “Is it loaded?”

Giggywig – “Let’s find out!”

~from Spaced Invaders

"My new apprentice. I call him Mini-Maul." ~ Dark Vapor from Star Warp'd

Doctor: "Hello! Oka — New teeth. That's weird. So where was I? Oh, that's right — Barcelona!"

Doctor: "You're Mister Thick Thick Thickity Thick Face from Thicktown, Thickania. And so's your dad."

Jack: "Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks 'Oooh, this could be a little more sonic'?"

Doctor: "What? you never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?"

Doctor: "That won't last, he's gay and she's an alien."

Doctor: "You've found a breach in time and space and you think should we leave it alone, no let's make it bigger!"

All from Dr. Who, obviously.

Edited by ShadowMonster

Doctor: Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink.

Mickey: What's that?

Doctor: No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'magic door'

Rose: How much is that worth?

Doctor: They say the wages of the entire planet for a whole week.

Rose: Good my mum's not here, or she'd be fighting the wolf off with her bare hands for that thing.

Doctor: She'd win.

Rose: Five million Cybermen: Easy. One Doctor? Now you're scared.

Doctor: Rose, take Arthur, follow it. Don’t approach it, just go, go, go!

Rose: Arthur?

Doctor: Good name for a horse.

Rose: No, you’re not keeping the horse.

Doctor: I let you keep Mickey!

Doctor: Don't worry Reinette, it's just a nightmare. Everyone has nightmares; even big scary monsters from under the bed have nightmares, don't you, monster?

Reinette: What do monsters have nightmares about?

Doctor: Me! Ha!

Abzorbaloff: At last, the greatest feast of all, the Doctor!

Doctor: Interesting. Some sort of Abzorbatrix...Abzorbaclon...Abzorbaloff...

Abzorbaloff: Abzorbaloff, yes.

Rose: Is it me, or is he a bit...Slitheen?

Doctor: You're not from Raxacoricofallapatorius, are you?

Abzorbaloff: No! I'm not the swine; I spit on them! I was born on their twin planet.

Doctor: Really? What's the twin planet of Raxacoricofallapatorius?

Abzorbaloff: Clom!

Doctor: Clom?

Abzorbaloff: Clom. Yes. And I'll return there victorious, once I possess your traveling machine.

Doctor: Well, that'll never happen.

Martha: It's like in the films! You step on a butterfly, you change the future of the human race!

Doctor: I'll tell you what, then: don't...step on any butterflies. What have butterflies ever done to you?

Martha: What if...I dunno! What if I kill my grandfather?!

Doctor: Are you planning to?

Martha: No.

Doctor: Well, then.

Edited by ShadowMonster

Hitler: Thank you. Whoever you are. I think you have just saved my life.

The Doctor: Believe me. It was an accident.

Hitler: He was going to kill me.

Rory: Shut up, Hitler.

The Doctor: Rory, take Hitler and put him in that cupboard over there. Now. Do it.

Rory: Right. Putting Hitler in the cupboard. Cupboard. Hitler. Hitler. Cupboard. Come on.

Hitler: But I am the Führer!

Rory: Right. In you go.

Amy: Mels?

Mels: Hitler.

The Doctor: What about him?

Mels: Lousy shot. *collapses*

The Doctor: Mels. Short for...

Mels: Melody.

Amy: Yeah, I named my daughter after her.

The Doctor: You named your daughter after your daughter.

Rory: Does anybody else find this day just a bit difficult? I'm getting a sort of banging in my head.

Amy: Yeah, I think that's Hitler in the cupboard.

Rory: That's not helping.

River: You noticed. *she fires empty gun*

The Doctor: Of course I noticed. As soon as I knew you were coming I tidied up a bit.

River: I know you did.

The Doctor: I know you know.

River: *she pulls a banana on him* Goodness. Is killing you going to take all day?

The Doctor: Why? You busy?

River: Oh, I'm not complaining.

The Doctor: If you were in a hurry you could have killed me in the corn field.

River: We'd only just met. I'm a psychopath. I'm not rude.

River: And who's River Song?

The Doctor: An old friend of mine.

River: Stupid name.

Amy: Can you ride a motorbike?

Rory: I expect so. It's that sort of day.

Rory: Okay. Okay. I'm trapped inside a giant robot replica of my wife. I'm really trying not to see this as a metaphor.

River: You're dying! And you stopped to change?

The Doctor: Oh, you should always waste time when you don't have any. Time is not the boss of you. Rule 408. Amelia Pond. Judgment Death machine. Why am I not surprised? Sonic cane.

River: Are you serious?

The Doctor: Never knowingly. Never knowingly be serious. Rule 27. You might want to write these down. Oh! It's a robot. With four hundred and twenty-three life signs inside. A robot worked by tiny people. Love it. But how did you all get in there though? Bigger on the inside? No. Basic miniaturization sustained by a compression field. Oo! Watch what you eat. It'll get you every time.

The Doctor still affected by the poison: So sorry! Leg went to sleep. Just had a quick left leg power nap. I forgot I had one scheduled. Actually, better sit down. I think I heard the right one yawning.

The Doctor: What question?

Robot Amy: The first question. The oldest question in the universe. Hidden in plain sight.

The Doctor: Yes, but what is the question?

*pause*

Robot Amy: Unknown.

The Doctor: Oh, well fat lot of use that is, ya big ging. You call yourself a records. Augh! *convulses* Kidneys are always the first to quit. I've had better you know.

The Doctor: Well she did kill me. And then she used her remaining lives to bring me back. As first dates go, I'd say that was mixed signals.

Professor Candy: So then. Tell me, why do you want to study archaeology?

River: Well to be perfectly honest, Professor. I'm looking for a good man.

Amelia: Funny

The Doctor: Am I? Good. Funny's good. What's your name?

Amelia: Amelia Pond

The Doctor: Ohh, that's a brilliant name. Amelia Ponnnd. Like a name in a fairytale.

The Doctor: What happened?!

Amy: Twelve years.

The Doctor: You hit me with a cricket bat!

Amy: Twelve years!

The Doctor: A cricket bat?!

Amy: Twelve years and four psychiatrists!

The Doctor: ...Four?

Amy: ...I kept biting them!

The Doctor: Why?

Amy: They said you weren't real.

Mrs Angelo: Amy, who's your friend?

The Doctor: Who's Amy? You were Amelia.

Amy: Yeah, now I'm Amy!

The Doctor: Amelia Pond! That was a great name!

Amy: ...Bit fairytale.

The Doctor: You were a little girl five minutes ago!

Amy: You're worse than my aunt!

The Doctor: I'm the Doctor, I'm worse than everybody's aunt! *pause* And that is not how I'm introducing myself.

The Doctor: Amy Pond, the girl who waited. You've waited long enough.

Amy: When I was a kid, you said there was a swimming pool and a library and the swimming pool was in the library.

The Doctor: Yeah, not sure where it's got to now. It'll turn up. So, coming?

Amy: No.

The Doctor: You wanted to come fourteen years ago.

Amy: I grew up.

The Doctor: Don't worry, I'll soon fix that.