~!~

Begging for Breedings

I've never gotten a breeding request either. I'm pretty much invisible on this forum, and I like it that way xd.png I suppose if the person asked nicely enough I'd give what they needed, but if someone sends me a PM like "PLZ GIVE ME A ______ OR I'LL DIE I SWEAR I'LL DIE" then I'd say no.

I've never gotten a breeding request.

I've both received and requested breedings. I don't mind breeding requests and I actually had one person wait nearly a year for a gold during the metallic dearth. Some people will reply that they can't help me if I request an egg but no one has ever been rude about it.

Edited by Wiz

I've never been asked to breed anything, however, someone PMed me about a dragon once I had announced on a departure board. They were very polite and asked if I could delay the departure as they'd love to have a go at catching but were locked. I was torn, I must admit, as it was a nice PM and I like giving people dragons who actually care about them but in the end I dropped it at the designated time as I felt delaying it/taking my announcement back would have been unfair to other catchers.

Generally I wouldn't mind breeding specific pairs and - as I don't trade anyway - giving away dragons is just fine with me. (The only thing standing in the way of my gifting more is the stupid time difference which can be a pain if you want to meet someone.)

Oh yeah. My most memorable PM for a "request":

During christmas, I had the awesomeness to get not one, but two hollies. I wake up the next day, and I get a PM demanding that I give this one person not one but BOTH of the hollies that I had, because they claimed to be a more "senior member" than me and that I "didn't deserve to have one holly at all, let alone two".

And then I freaked out at this person and I've never seen them again. biggrin.gif

Lol.

To tell the truth, I would report such pm. That's a direct violation of DC rules.

I FFA trios a lot on irc (and was doing golds on occasion) because outside of a couple breeding projects I have what I need from mine. I also will occasionally breed and gift eggs of other more common pairings on IRC. A few times I've been pestered after linking my scroll or giving another person an egg. I generally don't gift or offer to gift eggs to people that come on and just beg for them. If I FFA a trio egg often I'll ask in channel first if anyone is on that doesn't have _____ and see if I get any replies on a first come first serve. I do have a few people I ignore because of how they've behaved in regards to begging in channel before.

Since I added two frozen hatchies with a warning about begging for eggs at the top of my scroll, however, I've not gotten any requests like that.... but I've only had them up for a couple weeks now.

In conclusion: Begging for eggs is unbecoming. If you ask politely for something I may look into it as long as it won't interfere with any projects I'm doing (or if it does something in return might sway me). If I offer to breed something and you don't show up on the day it can breed or poke me shortly there after I may end up breeding it for someone else or myself and you'll have to wait another week.

Lots of people on DC gift lots of dragons, and a lot of us do enjoy sharing pretty lineages.

And I always glow when I see any of my babies in pretty lineages being passed on to others in turn.

(But I also know I'm bogged due to chronically lousy breeding results, have NO memory anymore, and have lost stored draft data as well as having a lot going on right now, so if I owe anyone reading this a promised egg, do check in to see whether the dragons aren't producing, or if perhaps you're one of the people I'm so desperately trying to remember, lol, as there were lots of recent notes on breeding lost a while back... unsure.gif )

Some slow-producing dragons I won't make any more promises on - in example, I've been trying to breed White/Gold-line Dorkies for people forever and for some reason, they just don't like to reproduce...

My Golds are evidently on contraceptives and if I ever get any more low-gens, I plan to add them to the breeding pool to add chances of actual eventual Gold eggs, so I don't make metallic breeding promises anymore.

In other cases, I've dragons people tend to ask for that have been booked forever, so that personal breeding plans have long been indefinitely postponed.

But lots of us gift back and forth all the time whether to acquaintance or strangers, at least, we do when our dragons are finally willing to pop out the appropriate eggs... rolleyes.gif

In the past, I've had PMs from new people wanting metallics, and not always polite or undemanding ones, but I think new people on the forums are being given a better understanding of acceptable behaviour these days, and I thank all of the Mentors and generally helpful-to-new-people people ( xd.png can I phrase it like that? Too late, I did! tongue.gif ) from the bottom of my heart, as I hate having to say no, especially repeatedly. sad.gif

So, yeah, lots of people have bred and are breeding me lovely babies, and I'm trying to breed to gift/trade them them back, and I certainly have no problem with having a shot at trying to breed an open, free-from obligation dragon for anyone who can take any egg produced right away, though at this time I'm not eager to add more to scrambled lists for dragons which may take forever to produce.

Honestly, some aspects of DC are getting to be nearly as complicated as RL...

I've never really had people ask me for things that much. If its a friend I sometimes gift them something. I had one person I had to block but other then that nothing.

It says in my signature I take breeding requests, and I've had a few very polite requests over the past few months, except for one who wanted a trio and refused to meet with me saying I had to drop it now. It frustrated me to no end, but that was the only one. (Though I must admit, I was secretly glad when they told me they missed it tongue.gif ) I certainly don't mind giving someone something they need, and I love it when I get requests for my own personal breeding projects.

However, long before I started taking requests, I got a PM asking if they could have my split and silver hatchlings. It was the first ever offspring of my only CB silver, so I was like "no way". My scroll and forum name are different, I wasn't posting, only lurking, I honestly couldn't even figure out how they saw my hatchlings. Another time I got asked for a bred pygmy, and the person was so thrilled with it. That's part of the reason I started allowing breeding requests. Almost everyone is always really grateful.

I've only gotten a couple of requests, all of them polite and all of them I'm planning on fulfilling... once I remember. xd.png My memory is bad. I don't mind requests though, especially if something would be used in a cool lineage or even just gets a good name I'm happy, so I wouldn't mind more requests even.

I've only been asked to breed once for another member. The request was polite & I was happy to fulfill it (once the requested dragons cooperated, of course!). I wouldn't mind doing requests more often.

I get breeding requests all the time.

Doesn't bother me - I like giving out eggs. smile.gif

I keep an Excel spreadsheet for breeding requests and just add people in order of first-come first-served.

if something would be used in a cool lineage or even just gets a good name I'm happy, so I wouldn't mind more requests even.

...so if I promised to name an egg of Night Lords Geneseed's Konrad Curze...?

I started experiencing this when I got my Tinsel. Some PMs can sound pushy or demanding, but I honestly think there was a language barrier issue involved with those so I don't hold it against them. There are a few that attempt to grovel and simper their way to a Tinsel offspring from me, or they tell little heart wrenching stories about how they need it so they can give it to their "sick sister" or something along those lines. I'm usually either amused by or skeptical of those types of messages, but again, it's not something that bothers me. The vast majority of messages are simply one time polite requests or trade offers.

Regardless of how the request is worded, I never mind a request and I try to answer everyone who PMs me. Unfortunately my answer to Tinsel requests has to almost always be, "No," but no one has ever hounded me after receiving that reply, and I'm almost jealous of those who have experienced rude requesters, as weird as that sounds. I'd like to be able to say, "Boy, you wouldn't believe the PM I got . . . no egg for that jerk!" Obnoxious requests would make much better story fodder.

...so if I promised to name an egg of Night Lords Geneseed's Konrad Curze...?

Actually I was planning on doing that myself. xd.png Same for all of the geneseed-named dragons. After I get one successfully bred for myself though, I could breed you one if you want.

I've been very lucky in that I've only had two or three "begging" PMs. Most are fairly polite, and understanding if the breedings don't produce eggs.

I did get one, awhile back, that was basically "I have no metallics and you have lots, you should give me one!". It didn't actually annoy me until I checked their scroll and saw that they had 1 adult and a whole slew of killed eggs. No, I'm not going to give an impolite person one of my metallics when they deliberately kill the eggs they get, and I told them that.

never had anyone PM asking me to breed anything

I have an online person that has asked for a common of every breed bred with my CB gold, I try to remember to breed when I can but with breeding being fickle right now nothing but no egg produced

Ive been pm'd a few times concerning trades and requests from people who have seen me around the forums and liked a few of my lineages. Or, they'll pm me when they catch one of my eggs. It doesnt bother me, and I've never had anyone send me rude pm's thus far.

However, most of my gifted eggs go to people in the IRC after I toss/gift a pretty egg and someone else sees it and wants a sibling. But I accept breeding requests because I enjoy helping people out. I request eggs from people at times, but I always try to offer something in return. ^^

I've never really gotten any random out-of-the-blue requests except from friends (boy, did I get pestered when I got my Holly...). I held a sort of festival to celebrate my DC anniversary, and I put in my signature that I would take any requests for eggs. I got 2 requests, and they were polite. Unfortunately I didn't get eggs for either of them, so I offered to breed again, but both of them said no thank you.

I do fear, however, that I may begin getting random requests, as I am currently on someone's IOU list for a Prize Dragon. As long as the person asked nicely and my IOU list wasn't already packed, I wouldn't really mind. smile.gif

I started experiencing this when I got my Tinsel. Some PMs can sound pushy or demanding, but I honestly think there was a language barrier issue involved with those so I don't hold it against them. There are a few that attempt to grovel and simper their way to a Tinsel offspring from me, or they tell little heart wrenching stories about how they need it so they can give it to their "sick sister" or something along those lines. I'm usually either amused by or skeptical of those types of messages, but again, it's not something that bothers me. The vast majority of messages are simply one time polite requests or trade offers.

Regardless of how the request is worded, I never mind a request and I try to answer everyone who PMs me. Unfortunately my answer to Tinsel requests has to almost always be, "No," but no one has ever hounded me after receiving that reply, and I'm almost jealous of those who have experienced rude requesters, as weird as that sounds. I'd like to be able to say, "Boy, you wouldn't believe the PM I got . . . no egg for that jerk!" Obnoxious requests would make much better story fodder.

I think I sent you a PM, asking for a possible trade. I never got a reply, though. tongue.gif I think I tried to be nice, but I just came off as whiny and obnoxious. tongue.gif

Back on topic, i've actually noticed that beggings are worst during the holiday seasons, especially christmas and halloween. On Christmas, I got so many random PMs asking for holly breedings. And on Halloween, when I had 5 Marrows, I had people saying "Hey, i never got a marrow, give me one!".

I've never been begged for breedings or anything here on the forum. But then again, I've only really started being active on the forum this month~

I've been repeatedly begged to breed my CB metallics on another forum though. They asked nicely, but it got annoying when I was asked every other day. =/ But you should know better than to spam a board mod's inbox with spam like that. xd.png

I've never been PM'd with a breeding request before.

On the other hand, I have PM'd other users with requests occasionally.

It's kind of hard to resist when there's a pretty lineage but I don't do it spontaneously.

I usually check all the related dragons in the lineage and see if there's another owner listed that I might of seen around the forum.

Then I check to see if they have a "open to breeding requests" in their forum signature.

If it doesn't say in their profile or siggy, I usually try to gauge how they might react to a breeding request before decided whether or not to actually contact them... Is that what they call stalking? xd.png

No one likes bugging people, you know...I hope.

I always try to ask politely and usually offer to breed in exchange so I haven't gotten an angry reply before. I appreciate a reply even if it's a refusal, at least I know I didn't offend them or anything.

The worst for me is when I get ignored, I hate when that happens but what can you do. xP The same applies to inquiring about a trade.

I've also met some wonderful people, I think I've become more active than I use to be. I may still a lurker but at least I think I come in contact more with other users. >v<

In the end, as long as it's polite I probably wouldn't turn them down.

Bregging has happened to me much earlier in the game when I had an open scroll. It wasn't always the most pleasant but I attributed that to language barriers and some immaturity in the younger player.

I still get some request every now and then but they are all really polite request. I have to say that the last person who PMed me was really nice but the trouble is, I have completely forgotten who it was, although I kinda still remember what their request was.

Another thing that I have personally experienced has nothing to do with breeding requests but similar enough. I usually announce shinies through the Departure Thread and some people actually follow my metal breedings and if they see any metal that was still sitting in scroll unannounced, they would PM and ask *Hey, when are you gonna drop that gold/silver? - Hurry up please, I can't stay too long*. LOL .. now that has happened quite a lot and I make it a point to hide my scroll now whenever I am dropping shinies.

In no way do I have the scroll to breed anything AMAZINGLY brilliant. But I have a few things to turn some heads. I expect to one day have requests for my awesomeness, but that day is not here yet :3. I would not be angry at all because with the advent of telelporting one day it will be easy and many with get my sweet little eggsies.