~!~

Begging for Breedings

I've been asked for some pretty rare stuff, but on the most part the people who ask have been polite, which I usually have no problem with.

Occasionally, I get that one mean-annoying-egotistical person who PMs me for something and demands that i give it to them. But dealing with those types of people is pretty fun. :]

I'm actually thinking about hiding the contents of my scroll....it's getting a tiny bit annoying. but w/e, gotta spread the love somehow. :/

Never happened to me.

But I really don't have anything someone might want to have ^,^""

Guess the only dragon I have "special" is a white Thuwed with a whole bunch of hollies in the lineage (got it from a the departure side happily ^___^)

My few metalls are all long,messy, inbred lineages.

No Price dragon

No Hollie

No special lineages

No holliday alts

so...

I wouldn't mind trying to breed any, as long as it's polite, but well.

After I got my holly I've received a few breeding requests by PM, but both were polite and asking for common-breed offspring from him for lineage projects, which I'm happy to do. =) Haven't had any of the demanding/entitled type of people yet, thankfully!

I have the offer to breed posted in my signature and still get very few requests. Granted I do not have a holly or any prize dragons, but I have some decent stuff. If someone asks politely, I will try to breed them what they want. If they ask for a metallic I will tell them that it could take awhile. And for the most part people are polite when they ask.

I had a few requests but all very polite. If my scroll is unlocked and my dragons are willing to breed I'm happy to breed for other people. Sometimes I have to decline when there's no possibility to be online at the same time for the trade. (I'm so looking forward to teleport!)

Once in a while I ask for a certain breed/lineage myself. But I do it polite and if I get the answer "I don't take requests" or "need that dragon for a personal project, you have to wait a couple of weeks" it's fine with me. wink.gif

I would probably feel differently about this if we had teleport, or if I participated in trading/gifting/breeding threads, but if I see someone on the forums wanting a particular egg, I might go to my scroll and attempt to breed one, then if I am successful, offer it to them. Otherwise I seldom breed. If someone that I have mentored, know from the forums, or gifted to before requests an egg from me, I try to comply, but a few times, it took an awful long time to fill the request, so I sort of steer away from that. I have only received 1 or 2 random requests from strangers "I see you have ___. Breed me one? OK, thanks, bye." Those I simply ignored, and the request wasn't repeated. I've never had anyone harass me for an egg.

I get requests all the time.. they run everywhere from demands to begging to super shy and very polite, and everything in between.

Begging, demands and anything rude gets deleted, and that person is added to my ignore list.

Anything polite and reasonable gets a response.. yes, not possible, that pair is on cooldown.. whatever the case may be. I take requests seriously, whether it's for one egg or 20 eggs, and you will get your eggs, even if it takes repeated attempts and/or waiting lists.

I'm proud of my Draconna dragons and love to share them with others, and see the name continue. Nice, polite PMs are always accepted, and I take live requests in the IRC chatroom too.

I'm also not shy about asking others for eggs. If I see something I really like or need for one of my projects, don't be surpised if you get a nice, polite PM asking for a breeding with a trade offer attached.

I don't mind breeding requests for PB or certain lineage project dragons. I'm also working on my own project and sometime need help. It's fine with me and if I can help I'll be glad to do it ^^

I've been PM'd, and sometimes it's not even by newbies. :P

The most memorable... There was this one person on the IRC who had asked me for a 2nd-gen egg from a stripe x gold pair - and well, I said "Sure, you get the next egg." next egg was gold. :P I gave it to them and a few months later they decided to PM me going, "Hey, you know, a 2nd-gen silver would go really well with the 2nd-gen gold you gave me... Oh, I see you bred one. I can take it whenever. :D" It was already promised to someone, so they kind of spammed me with ): ): ): faces and I fled the IRC for a week instead of snapping at them. XD

Most of the actual newbies have been so nice about it, though. "Can you breed [insert common here] and what do you want for it?" or, "Sorry for bothering you" and so on. So sweet. <3 I don't mind their breeding requests.

The only thing that bothers me is when people ask for my holly's babies. In the irc, people know i gift metals left and right (i have all i need from my current pairings) and do get whiney when i dont just up and give them one. Most of my metals i dont care who gets the babies, but some of them im really protective of. I retired all of those because people werent following my lineage rules even after promising they would.

I dont mind breeding requests, it gives me a reason to look at my full scroll rather than just breeding the dragon im thinking of, but i refuse to hold dragons for people. If the dragons arent ready to breed when they request them, its up to them to come back and poke me later. If i breed an egg and they dont pick it up, there is the understanding that if their egg locks me it will be kicked. If their egg hatches and its something i can use, im keeping it.

This hasn't happened to me, fortunately. It's probably a mix of different scroll and forum names and not having more than a couple interesting dragons. I get the feeling it's only a matter of time though, and if someone does come a-begging, I'm not sure how I'll respond. I like to gift, but getting PM'd about it is sort of presumptuous.

In the few years I've been playing, I have only had a few people come out of the blue to ask for something from me without any prompting. They just happened to see some of the nice FFA's I've posted, but didn't see the announcements in time and missed out on the drops. Only one was actually demanding/rude, but I think that was more of a misunderstanding as they didn't seem to understand what a Free-For-All drop was and thought they just had to be the first person to send a message to get the egg.. so they were ticked when I had already "given" the egg away. rolleyes.gif

I do see a lot of people asking for specific breedings/lineages, but those are made in threads designed for such postings. If I happen to have something that matches what someone else is looking for and the dragons cooperate, then I may offer the result to them. I usually don't want anything in return in those cases. Occasionally I stalk trade request threads and chat room when I am specifically hoping to get something in return for what I have to offer.

A few months ago I officially opened my scroll up to breeding requests. I have a post I direct people to that outlines the rules of requesting. As long as a person's request does not interfere with one of my ongoing projects (where I am still trying to get a specific egg from) or someone else's currently pending request I have no problem trying to accommodate whatever pair they want me to try hooking up. So far it has gone very well. People have been polite and appreciative. Of course the most popular requests are people wanting golds/silver eggs and I have special guidelines for getting those, but nothing outrageous.

Oh yeah. My most memorable PM for a "request":

During christmas, I had the awesomeness to get not one, but two hollies. I wake up the next day, and I get a PM demanding that I give this one person not one but BOTH of the hollies that I had, because they claimed to be a more "senior member" than me and that I "didn't deserve to have one holly at all, let alone two".

And then I freaked out at this person and I've never seen them again. biggrin.gif

No breeding requests yet. Maybe it's because I'm still pretty new to dragcave.

I don't know if I should take breeding requests or not, though.

tehjohnli, you are much more deserving of the hollies than that mean person.

Edited by Durppie

I've had a few requests but never anything demanding and only one rude. Most people have been very polite.

I get a couple requests now and then. Yesterday, actually, was the last one. Someone asked me to breed them a Geode. I was happy enough to oblige, since Geodes are usually pretty easy to breed, and I don't breed my Stones or Greens on a regular basis.

The only thing I don't like is when someone keeps requesting from me over and over... Once I had someone wanting me to breed them a full trio and a gold and silver. Uh-uh, honey. Just because I gift sometimes doesn't mean you have an all-access pass to my scroll.

I don't usually ask people to breed for me directly, either. I keep my wants in my signature. Takes a while, sometimes, but I've been able to acquire my first metalics, vampires, and some specific parentage through that method. Though I really don't expect to get anyone offering me Hollies or Prize dragons... seems like you need connections for those. But it's no big. Just four dragons out of... how many, on this site? tongue.gif

I have gotten, "I see you have a lot of x give me one" usually metallics.

I usually send them to one of the gifting boards.

The worst was when I WAS trying to breed for a gifting and the next on my list kept sending "where is my egg" ending that phase of board life!

My rules- no metallics unless that's what I get from the breeding( or I offer), and you have to take it asap, unless I breed it in advance on my own( which I have been known to do when I'm locked otherwise and bored dry.gif --- new limits please TJ)

Happy to breed my Holidays for commons( all CB 'cept Holly) but I do not promise any Holiday during season, all are dropped to AP unless I choose to gift

I don't do metallic lineages so most of my "prettys" are probably only pretty to me wink.gif

Since I rarely breed for my own gain I tend to get them a lot, though nowhere does it say I'll breed for people so I'm often amazed on how they know xd.png

I usually get them for any of my dragons... metallics slowly becoming more frequent.

they're usually not that bad but when I kindly explain that the dragons didn't produce... people get mad, at me. LIES they say... I tell them no, look. I show them a screenshot of another pair that refused and wham, they're nice again.

then if I do manage to breed an egg, I tell them and more than often not, they say they don't want it anymore (which is how I've been ending up with more of my own golds) which i find odd but don't question.

yes, sure, I've had my fair share of 'you give me this now!' pestering and such, constantly... for a week once... until I reported it and then after those for times, no more happen.

I've never had any PMs requesting a breeding that I remember. No Hollies/Prizes to tempt people to ask, just my personal lineage project and a few other things that could be nice. I tend to lurk anyway, so I'm not that noticeable.

I have in my siganture that I breed on request and I do get requests, but not too many.

I've never gotten a rude or demanding pm, they were all very polite, but it has happened that people have only been friendly until the second they got the egg and then they vanished without saying thanks or goodbye blink.gif

I don't have any rules what people are allowed to do with gifts they received from me, but recently someone used a gift as trade fodder. I'm not sure how I feel about it, I never told them they couldn't, but I usually treat gifts with more respect myself.

I don't take requests for my metallics (takes forever and mine have ugly lineages) or my holidays during their season. I usually announce the holiday eggs in the threads that apply once I have bred them.

It´s happened a few times for me that ppl asked me to breed something. some offered a trade and others just wanted me to breed for them. if I declined they´ve all accepted it though. I don´t really mind ppl asking as long as they don´t keep pestering me if I say no.

I only was bothered once, by PM, after I posted a bred rare I didn't want on the hatching/rare departure announcement board.

I wouldn't have minded, except this person send me a PM with a lot of swear words in it (and the subject line was an expletive, too) and NO request (just complaining and swearing), and then followed it up with a separate PM asking me for an egg. No "pleases" or anything. Just, "you got any more?"

Blocked! The end.

Like blah, I have the fact that I take breeding requests in my signature. I've gotten a few requests, some for metals, but nothing I can't handle at the moment. And all of them have been requested nicely. I have yet to get a demanding or rude PM about giving someone an egg. However, you can guarantee the second I do that person will be blocked since it's uncalled for to be that way, especially when REQUESTING an egg from someone.

I've had a bunch of requests over my years here, only a few rude ones (though after a "strongly worded" reply I never heard from them again, or got a "o.o ...oh sorry..." xd.png lulz) I try not to snap too badly on ruder requests, since I understand that there are many people on this site who are either quite young and thus simply more direct (which could be misconstrued as rudeness) or some who have a different first language, and simply don't understand how to use the language properly (though I have to say I'm really impressed with the majority of non-english as a first language speakers I've met, many of whom I'd have never guessed it of). But overall I'm kind of amused that I've not gotten more requests considering I may arguably possess one of the largest corrals of shiny dragons on an active scroll as well as all CB holidays except holly xd.png

I don't mind requests for pairings or eggs from particularly named parents, in fact I really do enjoy getting them, however my only 'rule' insofar as requesting from me is that in any pairing involving a rare dragon that the requester be willing to take and raise either parent's dragon type, not just skip off on me if it doesn't turn up gold or silver. Oh and I don't reserve holiday dragon breedings for anyone (except friends :3) but will take requests at time of breeding season.

I've made a few requests in my time too, usually common offspring, bringing trade fodder to the table, and doing my best to be polite. Don't think I've been turned down yet xd.png