GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nothing's breeding well here, it took me weeks to get even nebulae or reds to give me eggs, and I just bred a flamingo that didn't produce o.O

My UV's have been driving me nuts! I'm working on an even gen PB lineage with them and for the past two weeks they've been producing nothing but Spitfires. >_< Finally got a UV egg tonight, but when I tried breeding a Purple and Spitfire for a UV egg, I got a Spitfire again. sleep.gif

I'm also having pretty rotten luck getting Reds to breed successfully too.

My experience was just the opposite of yours: I just bred 9 pairs of UV and of purple x spitfire and the result was 1 no interest, 1 spitfire and 7 UVs blink.gif

Never had so much luck with them

Edited by Iside

I have Golds and Silvers that have been on my Scroll since '09 that have only produced one or two Metallic eggs, and they were bred on a regular basis. The one '08 Metal I have has only had 15 successful breedings (that resulted in an egg of any kind). I can't get an egg of ANY kind when I breed my Tinsels. Even Reds and Vines have been giving me zilcho, along with the Sunsongs and on and on. I GET that Metallics are supposed to be rare - but this is ridiculous. Refusals are more and more common as is the no interest thing.

NOT TOO MUCH FUN.

I have the agree that the metallic drought is really, really frustrating xd.png Then I go to the trading threads and I see someone who has three or four that they just bred off their scroll, or someone with, say, a 5 gen gold/heartseeker stair (and I'm like, what!? you got a gold 5 times since last Valentines !?) and then I just get even more grumpy, LOL.

My other breedings seem the same as always, hit and miss, but I don't breed that many commons.

Yeah, breeding's been awful for a long time and almost completely non-productive for a while, especially with Tinsels and (of course) metals.

On the plus side, since I pretty much can't catch or breed anything I want, I now waste MUCH less time here when I should be doing other things, lol.

On the other hand, I used to have a lot of fun here and I do miss that...

Thankfully, I'm working on relatively common lineages right now, so the worst thing that tends to happen to me is that I can't produce the particular breed I want out of a pairing.

That said, it's really irritating when I can't even produce a common out of a metallic.

just bred all 23 of my desirable dragons only had 3 things even made babies (2 of which were commons that i abandoned) so the only one im left with is a deadlined messy ice =P but hey its something i guess lol plus i need it 2 freeze anyway

Lately it seems like a significantly higher number of my dragons are refusing new mates, rather than not producing, although they haven't been great at that either. I mostly only breed very common commons, (Greens, Neos, Waterwalkers, etc.) but even they have been sluggish producers the last few months. The only eggs I seem to get regularly are Geodes from my Greens and Stones, which I assume means the number of Stones and Greens being bred is fairly low, as Geodes can only be created via breeding.

Lately I get a lot of 'tried but didn't produce an egg' responses. I don't really get to many refusals, which is good. My Magma dragons are usually the best when it comes to breeding (knock on wood) as I usually get at least 1 Magma egg and several common eggs from them each time I breed my dragons. My Silver and Gold haven't given me any eggs (rare or common) in ages and even my Tinsels aren't being cooperative.

The only problem I had recently were my Reds, and that was probably just bad luck. Otherwise breeding has been normal, I even got a pair to produce an Ice which doesn't happen often. biggrin.gif

Refusals seem to be a bit more common for me than when I started playing, but nothing extreme.

Meh, commons all around. Mostly because my only rares are Holidays. And even then, for the most part my dragons either hate eachother's guts or no egg was produced :l

My White Dragon's Genderfail ruined his lineage, so I can create as many inbreds as I want without feeling guilty of ruining a lineage with him. I bred him with my Holly (another horrible lineage), but since I have EggLock it went to the AP. It played Hot Potato with about 4 other users until one of them decided to pick it up and keep it. tongue.gif

Silvers are my kink. It took me 7 weeks...7 WEEKS to get a silver out of one pair I'm working with. The other 2 Silvers had a few good weeks, but I now seem to get "no egg" now-a-days.

Just got 4 "no egg" messages and 2 refusals out of 6 breedings. dry.gif Two of the pairs were commons.

Can't say I'm having much of a problem.

I have had way more refusals than normal but most of my breeding goes well enough.

Commons are my big downfall. They just don't like me dry.giflaugh.gif

Metals, esp. silvers and tinsels are making a huge comeback. I am locked with all shinies ... been a very long time since. xd.png Anyone who wish to trade for them should start hoarding cb hatchies now since I see a lot of them traders are asking for those ... (just a tip!).

All my Holidays BUT my Rosebud have been rejected by my Silver Tinsel. He is almost a year old. He has never had a child. Once he was bred to a Canopy, when you could get 4 eggs. They didn't have any eggs. Every other breeding Fertility is used on him.

I guess the Rosebud and him are mates now? O.O

Mine breed like crazy at the moment huh.gif they have given out 10 by far...