GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't bred many dragons lately (except for the X-mas breeding), but I agree that not a lot of them were in the mood for baby making.

Haven't had a trio breed in weeks, and the Golden Wyvern pair refuse to co-operate -.-

My few metals don't produce, nor do my uncommons

Pillows seem to be breeding incredibly well for me tongue.gif

Yes, it seems to me like not many eggs are produced.

I didn't manage to breed one single egg for Breeding, Gifting this week and did not get Mints, Purples or Waterhorses for my personal lineages.

I don't think it's that bad? I only breed rares/uncommons, and a few days back I got a 2nd gen Black, Magma, and Ice all in the same breeding spree.

I don't think it's that bad? I only breed rares/uncommons, and a few days back I got a 2nd gen Black, Magma, and Ice all in the same breeding spree.

Same here (except for the Ice smile.gif ). My breedings seem to be having the same success/failure as usual.

Same here (except for the Ice smile.gif ). My breedings seem to be having the same success/failure as usual.

My luck may have improved; my magmas have to be my most stubborn trio and they bred an egg ohmy.gif

I did my usual striped mass breeding last Sat. I got a total of 8 eggs out of 40 pairs (ranging from CBs to 4th gen) ... so thats about 1 in 5 for an egg. That's kinda sad when striped is pretty common. And out of the 8 eggs, only two are suitable for my project ... O.o

Purebred blacks seems to be OK because I got 5 out of 7 pairs.

I think I am seeing more refusals and no eggs, but since I haven't really kept records, I'm not sure how different this is compared to last year. My Metallics have definitely been breeding horribly though, especially in the past two months. Normally I can get an egg or two or three out of them, but I have only produced one egg in the past three weeks.

I hadn't bred much due to being locked when the ap opened. But went through my vamp pack and got my worst ratio ever. 8 deaths, 1 turn. Ugh sad.gif

Breeding always seems a little light after holidays though. Maybe it's just things getting re-adjusted.

Edited by Vhale

I'm not sure I've hit the bad breeding drought. In fact, my scroll seems to have been hit by mass fertility - especially my metals. Two of my silvers produced today when they haven't done so in...well, ever. These are their first shiny children.

My stripes have been giving me trouble, though...hmm.

my blacks won't breed but my whites are fine. Also had metallics produce so I think everything is as it should be.

And I keep forgetting to use fertility >.>

Edited by Ashywolf

I totally agree. The only dragons that are worth anything on my scroll ( Trios tinsels) and even not as rare like luminas and stripes are getting constant refusals or the other worthless breed's egg. And vampires are doing bad too, I have only bit 3 eggs and got my first egg killed(my friend got 3 killed and I heard other complaints about this.

all mine are kinda rubbish at the moment dry.gif rares as well as uncommons and even commons...my scroll is a breeding failure at the moment --- out of maybe 20 pairs I regularly breed, i got maybe 4 eggs otherwise no interest...

My dragons bred a Magma egg a few days ago biggrin.gif but maybe they're not breeding so well because it's just after Christmas with the ap having quite a lot of rare and uncommon eggs abandoned at Christmas time so people had room for Xmas dragons?? huh.gif

I managed to breed 2 x 2nd gen Golds last week, so naturally I've had several 'no interests' and refusals since.

I was having a bit of trouble.

My Stripes weren't producing eggs, my Blacks weren't as well.

I had to go through every single dragon in my trios to finally get two (messy lineaged -.-) eggs that I could gift people.

My Blusangs and Gold Wyverns were giving me a really difficult time before, but I finally got them to produce eggs last night and I was able to gift them this morning.

My Tinsels have never given me an egg so it's the same activity with them.

As for the other metallics, I don't have golds and I've only tried to breed my silvers a couple of times just to see if it'd work, so I can't say if they're being more 'stubborn' than usual.

I don't get much out of my dragons the majority of the time anyway, so I can't really be sure if it's the same "normal" lack of breeding, or something being off.

My UV's have been driving me nuts! I'm working on an even gen PB lineage with them and for the past two weeks they've been producing nothing but Spitfires. >_< Finally got a UV egg tonight, but when I tried breeding a Purple and Spitfire for a UV egg, I got a Spitfire again. sleep.gif

I'm also having pretty rotten luck getting Reds to breed successfully too.

I can't get original pygmies to breed with each other at all, but other than that nothing has been out of the ordinary so far as breeding.

My experience has been varied, but I have noticed that I tend to have more luck producing eggs (any eggs, though mostly common) during the 10pm-4am DC time window. My best luck seems to be breeding batches of eggs around 1-2am. Sometimes I get zilch, sometimes I get a full 7 eggs. However, I have yet to produce a single rare (I don't count alt vines, as those don't seem to be too rare) and I've been trying for months. Granted, I don't have many rares to breed, but my successful breedings thus far have all been hybrids or commons.

Even during the time window I mentioned above, half my attempts are no interest/no egg produced, so it's not a guarantee.

Edited by Uigenna

When I first started my breeding was WAAAAAY better than now. Now I barely get anything. I've been trying to breed my magma for more than a month with fertility and I still haven't produced a magma egg. dry.gif

All of my usual activities on DC have been stunted due to this prolonged breeding drought my dragons are experiencing. I breed for most of my trade offers and breed to occupy my time here but yeah, most of my dragons haven't been cooperating, fertility or otherwise.

Are the ratios adjusted as the user base increases? Not sure if that would even affect things but they seem to be the first "culprit" to be blamed whenever the topic is raised. :P

Agreed, in fact things are so bad here that I gave up trying a couple of months ago.