GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pinks are not breeding good with me, so are some other commons. my Trios stopped giving Trio eggs at all, the last time I got one from them was in the beginning of summer. as for my Gold and Silver - I am having thm for almost a year and they have never given me a metallic biggrin.gif

So I joined way back when and I've been sporadically active since. My last holiday before the Spirit Walkers were the '09 Valentines... happy.gif But anyways, when I started playing again probably the biggest difference I noticed was the decrease in metallic (Gold/Silver) production. O_O I used to be able to breed my Silvers and usually fill up (4 egg slots) without even breeding them all (I have ~40).

Now I'm super happy if I get one every two weeks... I don't even want to talk about the Golds. xP

I don't have any CB Golds to breed. But I've been trying my Ice with Rosebud for several weeks now, and haven't gotten a single egg.

Been trying my CB Silver too for a while, with a few different mates - no egg either.

My two pairs of Blacks haven't given me a single Black egg yet, in a month of trying.

I have a couple checkerboard lineages I'm building - one Terrae x Pink and one Magi x Pink. They're both stuck because the eggs keep being non-Pink.

Last but not least, in the past few days I have gone through EIGHT PAIRS of Stripe breeding - and not a single egg. I find that pretty surprising.

Oh yeah, and I have a couple of 2nd gen white eggs that haven't given me an egg together since the first week of October... and I've been trying them every single week like clockwork dry.gif It's too bad, because the waitlist on their offspring is filled up to the point where I can't take any more requests, and some of those people have been waiting almost a year. I've even tried fertility - like pretty much everybody else has said, it doesn't seem to help at all.

Edited by jerusha

I hate hate HATE this breeding drought!!! I started a couple of even generation breeding projects and have had FOUR refusals today!! Now those projects will take even more time since I have to go get more CB eggs. Could SOMEONE please explain wth is UP with breeding and how the bleep long it's going to be this way?

The last time I got a gold egg from my CB gold was in '09. I've had some breaks of course, but I have been breeding my gold actively for over a year now and all i get is either a common or no eggs at all. It's starting to get frustrating.

Blacks started breeding again or it is just me? huh.gif

In the last two days breeding 5 blacks / pair of blacks I got ... 5 black eggs blink.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

I went through all of my breeding pairs today and got NO eggs.

This is why I hate holidays. And why I'm never using Fertility again.

I've had plenty of luck with breedings. In the past two weeks I've produced Magma, Ice, Red, Silver, Silver and Bronze Tinsel, Pink, Black, and various other commons. It's been about three weeks since I produced a Gold, but they are hands-down the worst breeders on my scroll, and always have been.

On the flip side, I've had a couple sets of heartbreaking refusals: namely, my Gold Tinsel x CB Vine and my PB Swallowtail pair.

Fertility also doesn't seem to make even the tiniest bit of difference. One of the refusals had a fertility used on it. Like Derranged said, I probably won't ever use it again. *puts Fertility and Earthquake in the toilet... FLUSSSSH.*

I've gotten a Bronze tinsel from my Bronze Tin X Silver (reg) pair. It's shocking. I honestly didn't believe Rare X Rare would ever work, because it's one of those things I just didn't believe in. (=P) It's a really great change from the insane drought I have been getting nonstop. :/

I've gotten a Bronze tinsel from my Bronze Tin X Silver (reg) pair. It's shocking. I honestly didn't believe Rare X Rare would ever work, because it's one of those things I just didn't believe in. (=P) It's a really great change from the insane drought I have been getting nonstop. :/

Heh, I was on a break from DC when the Rare x Rare breeding was instituted. I was almost afraid to try it, and I've yet to produce an actual egg from a Rare x Rare breeding. They don't refuse like they used to, however, so I know it's technically possible. And I've seen a few metallic eggs on the trade threads that come from Rare x Rare pairings. I find that I have a higher success rate when I breed Rare x Common... thought I'd love a PB Ice. wink.gif

My lovely silvers wont breed,golds refuse to give eggs..on up side...my tinsels have bred tinsels 3/4ths of the time or more...

but Ive gotten only one egg from my C/B blacks..(I have no c/b golds/silvers) so looks as if hunting one down is only way Ill get one soon! sad.gif

Rockin' On

My Tinsels, amazingly, both bred an egg. And it was a TINSEL egg this time, too! xd.png Actually, I've been having incredible luck with my Tinsels.

Gold wouldn't cooperate a week ago. If I have the same luck as I did with my Tinsels, I may just get a sparkly gold egg, though. smile.gif

Black and Stripe and Red and Pink I'll try later. They all failed a week ago too. It's like breeding success shoots up and down randomly. xd.png

OMG!! I bred a SILVER(metallic) last PM!! First one in WEEKS! Had been chatting with a newbie who asked if I could breed one,& I explained metallics wernt breeding much at ALL lately,but would put them 1st on list...bred one(and ONLY one!!!) in next hour!

Well,of course...noob was VERY VERY happy! biggrin.gif I was sooo glad to gift their FIRST metallic!

THEN...I bred this...

http://dragcave.net/lineage/OlaE6(2nd gen. blackstripe..whoa!

Rockin' On

Just bred my tinsels with IOUs and again nothing for the maybe 4th time! sad.gif

Maybe my non-tinsel metallics have more luck...

The only one that worked was Red. *sigh* Hold on, IOUers, I'll get you your Gold eggs eventually...

Tried breeding Nebulas today. 1 egg out of 4 pairs.

The one success was without using fertility. *sighs*

Bred my newly matured low-gen Tinsel...nada.

On the other hand, by CB Silver popped out a Mini-me two days ago! biggrin.gif

My tinsels breed like rabbits, & everything else on my scroll has had headaches for months... I would literally kill to breed a regular metallic...

I just tried to breed some pink and out of almost 30 only 2 gave eggs - even proven pairs! i've never had this bad of luck with pinks. =/

just yesterday i also need to breed my nebulas and hellfires and there were a lot of refusals too - what gives? these are commons, they should be doing that >_>;; i mean it's one thing if it was a handful of dragons but pinks, nebulas, and hellfires are mini armies on my scroll. i can count the eggs they produced on one hand with fingers left over. this shouldn't be the case when all of those dragons combined count over 50 dry.gif;;

Tried breeding Nebulas for the alt coloring. Didn't work, even with the purple fertility =[

On the other hand, business as usual for the balloons.

Attempted to breed a gold tinsel and all I got was a lousy common.