GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hard to get a tinsel ???

I've been using them in the hope of getting something else and just keep getting them - almost successful every time. Not that I'm complaining - I have a lot of happy friends biggrin.gif

Shall I add my tale of woe?

Out of 2075 known living offspring I have bred:

Between 4/27/09 and 5/28/09: 3 Golds, none since then.

Between 1/3/09 - 4/2/11: 9 Silver, none since then

Between 3/2/10 - 8/11/11: 6 Ice

Between 1/25/10 - 8/11/11: 11 Magma (not too bad)

Between 2/14/10 - 5/30/11: 12 Thunders (not too bad either)

1 Gold Tinsel on the 7th, but I've only recently acquired any Tinsels.

100 offspring changed into Vampires

Not counting the rares above or the Holiday offspring:

Between 9/19/08 - 10/17/11: I have bred 1923 commons - the breakdown's in the GoogleDocs link: perzephone's Dragons' Offspring.

Some background on the data:

While I was getting my degree, I took pre-cert classes for the various MS Office products, including MS Access, which is a database. Since I'm not a business-owner, I decided to use my dragons as a database project - and all of their offspring.

The numbers may be slightly skewed by a few offspring because I delete offspring that are dead or have 2 wild parents, but that's maybe been 100 or so dragons since the database's creation. I do go through and look for old dead offspring to clean out of the db every once in awhile. It also doesn't take into account any offspring of dragon pairs & their offspring released or killed prior to Sept. 08, but I think I had only started playing in August.

Tinsels have a little less than 40% of chance of reproducing without fertility, I think. This was the result of a ~70 tinsel mass breed and drop about a week-ish ago.

I've had no trouble at all breeding Tinsels, which is good. Also, my Reds have been producing Red eggs a lot lately. My pinks, however, haven't produced a Pink egg in a while.

Also, the last time either my CB Gold or CB Silver produced any egg was in April. That may just be a coincidence though. Either way, I wish they would both start breeding again...

Tinsels have a little less than 40% of chance of reproducing without fertility, I think. This was the result of a ~70 tinsel mass breed and drop about a week-ish ago.

Those really aren't bad odds - I get commons from them, but so far only 1 actual Tinsel. I've only gotten them over the past month, so I'm not too worried about their productivity. I just hope I can find mates that don't have dominant genes so the Tinsels will pop out Tinsel eggs laugh.gif

Also, the last time either my CB Gold or CB Silver produced any egg was in April. That may just be a coincidence though. Either way, I wish they would both start breeding again...

This, yes. I have a CB Gold and Black mate that have not produced an egg since April, I have a CB gold female that I mix up who she breeds with and I know I haven't had an egg from her in the longest time.

I have managed to breed the occassional gold or silver egg but they usually end up longer lineaged. I have two people waiting on eggs from CB GOlden Ray of Light and his Mate Witch Legacy and they haven't even thrown out a black egg for more then half of the year.

I have managed to breed a few tinsels from my tinsels but many times get common or no egg from them as well.

My Pillow dragons do seem to be good breeders though.

I can never seem to get any of my rare dragons to breed with any thing, out of bread basically all my dragons I got two eggs, a pink (which is the one I was trying for) and an orange, although I didn't successfully breed much, at least it was BSA's I got =]

I was gifted both a Gold and Silver almost a year ago by a lovely member here, and neither has produced anything.

I've tried every time the cooldown period has finished.

I still have just one Gold and One Silver on my scroll! sad.gif

Yep, my hub Ayelldee has Metallics on his Scroll - some of which I gifted him in '08 - that he has bred every time they came available, and only this Spring did his Silvers give him anything. That ONE time he got his three Silvers to each give him an egg - and that was IT. NOTHING from his Golds and nothing more from his Silvers since. I find this really really interesting.

My tinsels are breeding badly now. I got no egg from a specific pair in about a month (even with fertility, as if it would have an effect for me). I made a bigger breeding attempt of about 5 different tinsels and got only commons or nothing. Anyone else having problems here?

This week has definitely been shoddy for breeding. Most of my more 'important' breeding attempts resulted in no eggs. These mostly consisted of my blacks, reds, stripes and tinsels (though single pair of even-gen tinsels seem to still like producing bronzes together). Not too surprised about the outcome of breeding trios and my two silvers - I haven't been able to get a single trio this whole year.

I honestly don't think fertility has done much for me in terms of breeding success, unfortunately.

Tried breeding my Silver Tinsel for the first time this past week and got nothing. I never bred much in the past, but I just decided to start working on two personal lineage projects. So I will keep everyone updated on how breeding results are for those over the next few weeks (or months, depending on how the breeding goes).

I got one tinsel a bronze from breeding all my tinsels.

Got two or three black eggs this week.

In less then 24 hours have bred two gold eggs one I bred last night and one this morning the one I bred last night has allready gone to a new home and will be gifting the other gold as well.

No. smile.gif They are just pretty and decorative and you can only ever have two.

Which is a pity as I would love an army of those.

You can only ever have two? blink.gif

I have five, and am working on getting more. Why did you think I could only have two?

I got three tinsels(one of each color) out of 9 breedings, and got two black eggs out 23 breedings.

Edited by Nectaris

You can only ever have two? blink.gif

I have five, and am working on getting more. Why did you think I could only have two?

Oops. That was AGES ago and I think I thought we meant ribbondancers - that was what some of us were calling them some of the time way back when ! I have more than five tinsels myself now !

I just bred an ice.That was a nice surprise - not least to the person I bred it for biggrin.gif

I've been trying to breed someone a PB Thunder for months now...

But the Tinsels (knock wood) have been breeding well, and I've even been getting some Blacks on a fairly regular basis!

I haven't breed all that much, but from the times I do try it's about 50/50...Though I can't seem to get a Two-Finned Bluna from the few times I have bred my Skywing and my Water. Going to be trying for that when I'm not egged locked.

Now a long time ago I managed to catch a CB gold(male) and a CB silver(also male), and both seem to have the biggest crushes on my Guardian female since she's the only one they've EVER bred with. My silver and her gave me two silver females and my gold did not want to give up his goldness so I had another guardian. Now I'm hoping this changes because I really want to start up lines with these two using Sunstone dragons for the gold one and Moonstone dragons for the silver one.(Let's hope the four stone dragons I do have gender female.) So we'll see when I do start to try to breed for lines. It should be fun.

I got an Electric, and a black Stripe, as well as a gold Tinsel. My Tinsels breed like uncommons... My Red was a luck AP catch. But now that you bring it up, I have noticed that most of my breedings have failed.

I don't think that my Ice has EVER had a baby Ice... (and now I have a CB ice, too, that refuses to breed) and I don't recall getting a gold out of my gold...

But other than that, all the others seem to be breeding normally.

I've gotten a tinsel out of each of my tinsels at least once, but I've only ever gotten commons out of may trios and my gold.

As for my silvers, I haven't seen anything shiny out of them since early september. I've given all of the ones with nice lineages new shadowwalker mates, I hope that helps.

Yeah out of breeding my gold, my trios (all 9 of them), and my tinsel, i only got two red eggs and a white egg....

I've had one Gold and one Silver for over a year. Neither have bred for me. I just caught a CB Silver, so I'm hoping...

Didn't do too badly with my trios a few weeks ago but tried to breed a Thunder for someone a couple of days ago and both mine refused.