GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't managed a tinsel egg. The bronze that I traded for is being stubborn for a month or more, but I haven't had enough time with the silver to know for sure yet. Even more frustrating when it seems like there's tinsels where ever you turn. My hope is to get a gold tinsel before breeding dries up and they become much rarer.

As for stripes: wow, what a comeback! I hope to get a white stripe with just the right lineage before they disappear, if they disappear again.

I breed a whole bunch of tinsels and tossed some in the AP, my stripes are breeding ever so well and I have the feeling, blacks are getting more cooperative too biggrin.gif only the golds and silvers....they remain pretty stubborn :<

If my scroll is anything to come by...before the stripe explosion I had 2 male whites. I now have 4 whites, 3 reds, 2 blacks, 2 greens, and a blue.

Is it just me, or are the trios lagging behind now?

Jeeze breeding REALLY sucks this week!!! Someone came around and gave my dragons a cocktail of 'You will have no interest, you will have no egg or you will just outright REFUSE anybeast who comes near you'. This stinketh unto the heavens!!!

Oh ? I have bred three tinsels the last 10 days (one that AUTOABANDONED... MUST learn to count !) and a silver.... as well as ordinary stuff.

I am using fertility for ones that matter, though.

Bronze Tinsel 1: Nothing in a month! mad.gif It knows it's got two IOU's waiting on it.

Bronze Tinsel 2: Grew up yesterday and bred a Terrae egg.

Silver Tinsel: Bred a water horse last week on its first breeding. Has yet to breed this week.

Gold 1: Nothing since 26th June (which was a common).

Gold 2: Nothing since 18th June (which was a Gold with a Silver father).

Silver: Nothing since 18th June (the Gold).

No stripes or trios bred at all, ever.

Reds breed fairly well, recent most being today.

Pinks very well at the moment (thankfully and hopefully to continue!), 4 bred in the last 3 days.

Commons: Always good breeders. dry.gif

Wow. Just wow.

After a severe attack of altruism I bred Reds, Pinks, Stripes and others and got a goodly amount of eggs that I happily sent to the AP for other people to snag.

This was Sunday I think. Or maybe not.

Today I went in to breed some eggs for my Scroll - nothing - ok, I got ONE DayDream (booted) from breeding well over 30 dragons. Even my loverly little new gifted Silver Tinsel produced nada.

There isn't a face to paste here that's expressive enough.

It stinketh.

ETA: And then after I got done whining here, I went back and bred my Holly with a Black and got an egg!!! Can I UN-whine some, now?

Edited by oddsoxdi

My trios have been on strike for like a month now. I got 1 egg from breeding them every 7 days for the last month, and I've 28 of them. >.<

Other than that, I've had a lot of common x common produce no interest, but Tinsels aren't doing any worst than usual. And reds and pinks have been breeding a bit better of late. Ratios are just shifting again, that's all. Probably due to the new breed.

Cheers!

C4.

Yesterday was the worst day of breeding ever! Over 23 dragons and I got 1 egg - a Bronze Tinsel. After trying with ALL ready Metallics, Tinsels and Trios and even Commons.

Getting nothing from my trios. I've had quite a bit of luck from my two purple ridgewings - one egg from each.

It has been an absolutely TERRIBLE couple of days breeding! My Metals are back in the 'surely you jest' mode, along with my Trios and Reds and Stripes and Blacks.

oh my stripes are in a wonderful mood the last few weeks been getting at least one different colored egg from my first cb pair each week for the last month... but my metals are like no egg again and i'm close to stop even trying to breed them... the last metal i had must have been late July... yeah it would be a sad shiny-less world on my scroll if it weren't for the tinsels.... my bronzes breed like rabbits to the point I'm not wanting to breeding them so often as i dont want eggs from them..

blacks forget blacks i haven't gotten a black from my blacks in a while.. although i did breed a black stripe earlier that auto'd because i forgot about a spit i picked up from the desert so no blacks from me for several weeks....

None of my tinsels gave me eggs, I got one gold egg that was gifted from one of numerous breedings of gold dragons, and got one silver egg that was also gifted a couple days ago.

My bronze tinsel is 2 for 2 but everything else has been a no go. None of my other "rare" pairs produced an egg this week.

I just had 2 refusals in a row. ;_; My CB Stripe refused my Nocturne and my CB Ice refused my Waterhorse. As usual, neither of my metallics produced anything.

Edited by Saloiq

Are seasonals being stingy? I bred four autumn/harvest pairs and one ember/autumn, and only got one ember egg.

I've read this page and picked up on how most of the people's tinsels seem to be breeding very well. I can back that up with my tinsels, I bred two tinsels last week (only had two tinsels total, now I have a bunch) and they produced two tinsels. So I can't wait to see if my new tinsels breed. (unfortunately I wont be able to breed most of them due to gendering wrong mad.gif )

Well, I am relieved to see that I am not the only one having problems!

I came back from a 2 year long hiatus to find that my blacks and silvers won't breed for beans. Not even my proven silver/bright pink pair that never failed to give me silvers in the past.

I have never kept a breeding log because I always had high success rates. I think I should probably start. This is very discouraging indeed. One would think that if ratios were the problem, that it would have adjusted itself by now? I mean, this has been going on for months it seems. It can't be that the ratio is still off?

My goldxice tinsel is doing badly. No eggs in three attempts. Tinsels seem to breed worse now.

Tinsels seem to be breeding on and off for me. Sometime I get no eggs or just commons, but sometimes all I get is Tinsels. Like not too long ago, bred 6 of them, got 4 Tinsels.

In two days I can breed 8 more, so we'll see if they keep up the good work.

As for Silvers, well, my Silver x Black pair finally gave me a Silver after many months of nothing (from any of my metals).

Edit:: And holy crud, I just bred another Silver. After such a long drought, this is a miracle. xd.png

Edited by tikigurl91

I find breeding still veeeery tedious - I have a pair that didn't produce an egg for 7 weeks in arow now. And that is Waterhorse/Waterwalker...

Just now: Waterhorse/Canopy: no egg

A Black and white pair: no egg four weeks in a row now.

Aproximately only half my breeding attempts produce anything at all right now - and fertility does not seem to change that so much.

Yep, breeding still stinks. Haven't had a Metallic in weeks, it's even hard to get a Tinsel. After going through all available Trio members, I finally managed to get ONE Thunder and ONE Magma. Even Commons either aren't interested or aren't producing.

@Chicknthief: Hope you didn't lose your dragons' names after being gone so long. And after all this time, I think 'the ratios' are a lovely bit of fluff to keep everyone placated since it's been going on for so long.