GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

881 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After many attempts I finally produced a black egg. Stripes are still unsuccessful.

My results in trying to breed metallics, Stripes and Blacks certainly seem much worse than one in 100, but last night I finally bred a Black I'd been trying to breed for someone for I'm not even sure how long.

That's the second Black I've bred in somewhere approaching forever.

Unfortunately, I still have people waiting for other Blacks I've been fruitlessly trying to breed for months, apart from New Releases, when I stop everything but Tinsel-breeding attempts. (Have a Tinsel gifting list of over 30 people and recalcitrant dragons - those breeding attempts precede almost anything else, lol.)

I think I've bred 2 Stripes in the past few months, but at least there I only have (I hope - missing data) one outstanding request, which was deferred by the requester, and sure as heck won't be taking on any more requests for the almost mythical little blighters.

But people are catching CB Blacks and metallics now, seemingly not so much Stripes, though, going by what I hear and see in posts...

Three more silvers bred tonight. Not even a common from the breedings *headdesk* Not frustrated so much for myself as those waiting on a gift of a gold or silver. *headesk again*

I can't seem to get any of my pinks to give me any babies, and I'm pretty sure BSA pink is supposed to be fairly common.

I've been pairing them up with things like Bright Pinks and Holidays since that should guarantee that any egg from them will be a BSA pink, but I just get no interest every time. :/ Been playing this game for years and breeding just seems to be getting harder and harder.

Blue stripe X red:

"these dragons don't really show any interest in each other."

*makes a sound like a constipated person due to rage and frustration.*

I can somewhat understand certain commons (reds, nebulas, pinks and blacks) being difficult to breed right now because they are popular dragons and they might be a bit "too common" at the moment, meaning there are plenty of them and other breeds need to catch up. But I am having trouble getting *anything.* I bred a balloon dragon and didn't get an egg! I bred 4 gray dragons before getting a single egg. My seasonals decided they were not going to produce any eggs at all, and when does THAT happen?

Like everyone else I did try all my rare and uncommon dragons (silvers, golds, stripes, legends) and did not get any of those special eggs. I am not really complaining about that--they are rare and should be difficult to breed--the occasional egg from them should be just that--occasional. What was frustrating and surprising was that I got nothing at all--I usually get the common parent egg. But again, I used mostly black, pink and red dragons for these mating attempts. I suppose had I used a water walker or a whiptail, I would have gotten one of those eggs.

In somewhat related news, I haven't had a successful vampire bite in ages. My husband did finally get a bite the other day, but his calendar lineage project is ruined because of this sudden high failure rate.

I've been breeding my golds & silvers off & on for a while now, & the last time I got any eggs out of my Silvers was in the end of March/beginning of April. I think the last time I got an egg from my golds was in January. The CB gold I found a couple of weeks ago, still hasn't given me an egg. I don't care if I get commons from the breeding, but I was hoping to get some silvers to dump in the AP for people to pick up. I also just bred my stripes the other day & out of the 25 I have, I only got 5 eggs & one of those was a white stripe, which I sent to the AP. I've been trying with no success to breed a Thunder (one of the trios) for a friend, but I all I got from the 3 I have, was an electric egg. *sighs* Aside from that, I mostly bred any new releases to see if I have breeding pairs & because they're new I generally get an egg, with the odd "no egg is produced" showing up. They always give me eggs the next time I try them though.

Gah!! If you check the dictionary - "Rare" and "Uncommon" are NOT the same thing!!!

ETA: That's not in response to anything but the dismal state of breeding in my Weyr.

Edited by oddsoxdi

Whew. A couple of VITAL summers have been laid OK smile.gif

Let's see fourteen silvers bred this morning to commons and not even one common egg. *sheesh*

Oh well, Another vital summer safely eggified here... I MAY just make it after all... smile.gif

I've been trying to breed a Red Thuwed for someone for some time, the pairing never having produced an egg yet.

Aside from trying that one again tonight, I had several other Red fails before producing one on my 5th or 6th (total) Red try, which is not frightfully unusual.

I thought the BSA dragons had had their ratios increased?

They're still rather hard to come by...

Seven more metallic breedings to Holiday/Commons and not even a common. *sigh*

More "no egg produced" from my Metals, no Trios, no Blacks, I DID get a PB 2nd gen. Pink and a Red.

^ same. Bred all my golds and silvers and SURPRISE! Nothing. This "game" is getting annoying.

more no egg produced from all my golds, silvers and my stripes sad.gif

my stripes last egg produced was in May...my metallic ...ages

I don't think I'm ever gonna get another egg unsure.gif

Bred all my golds, silvers and stripes and got one common egg, LOL.

Oh well, I'll keep trying I guess.

Bred all my stripes last night and got a couple of common eggs and one blue stripe (from two black stripes).

I tried all breed dragons but no successful right now some dragon together but said no produced eggs mad.gif no know why still not getting any new eggs right away.. so only I got nebula egg from purple and blue breed and hope for purple or blue next in egg, and also summer egg 4th as well hope last one before next fall time in sept hope so.. dang all dragons's eggs are.. nothing new and Hope for summon this sunday... smile.gif

More total frustration in the Black-breeding attempts - all of them futile.

I did manage to breed another Magma - I thought the Trio was supposed to be rarer than Blacks in this game. Just total RAWR!! dry.gif

Just had the biggest breeding fail ever since I started on DC ...

Male Stone and female Geode refuse to even go near each other ohmy.gif

So much for the requests I already had on Geodes dry.gif

I used to love breeding stripes & other uncommons to send to the AP for people to pick up, but the constant "no interest" is becoming a real downer.

More total frustration in the Black-breeding attempts - all of them futile.

I did manage to breed another Magma - I thought the Trio was supposed to be rarer than Blacks in this game. Just total RAWR!! dry.gif

I feel your pain regarding the blacks. I'm thinking wistfully back to the days I could stand a chance of producing a 2nd gen black or even more exciting an alt. Those are throw away breedings at the moment. And the purples alas have proved little to no help at all with the "no interest" "no egg produced". I did produce one silver out my large group for someone waiting for one but that's been my only real success lately. I'd love another stripe or black but...oh well.

I got a bunch of no interest or no egg from my usually easy to breed Red pairs which surprised me. I did end up with a few from the ones I wasn't really looking to breed (I need more reds) but my Reds for my linage aren't cooperating.

Interestingly I had several refusals from CB commons I'd intended to start a linage with. Easy to fix since I'll just pick up more commons but I think I've had more refusals from them than I've had since I started on DC. blink.gif

Ah well, I'll just keep trying. smile.gif