GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so now what affects breeding? AP isn't an issue, and ratios don't seem to be an issue either. Even main Cave blockers have problems producing eggs

My dragons don't seem to be producing any offspring.. I sometimes get 1 egg out of 40+ breeding's and this includes commons too.

I fully agree with drabrugon (do not want to quote all the statement, because it's quite long).

Oh, just for the record:

Last bred gold egg: Feb 26, 2011 (have 19 gold dragons)

Last bred silver egg: Apr 06, 2011 (have 59 silver dragons)

Breeding all of them every 7 days. Got only 2-3 common eggs in past 3 months.

No stripes at all.

I do not expect any miracles, but I am slowly losing interest in the game.

Becka has 90+ golds and Aama 59 silvers and they are getting no eggs from their armies?! Not even a noteworthy amount of common eggs.....I think there is no hope that users with only a few metallics (like me) will get an egg anytime soon sad.gif .

But what are the future prospects for the DC longtimeplayers? After more then two years of playing you have nearly everything on your scroll you want to have. And it is nearly impossible to keep lineages running no matter if they are including rares or not. Ok, there are new releases, but with the new egg limits it took me a week or two to get all the new eggs I want. And then? The big boredom until the next release? As I can take from some posts in the new-release-thread in the news section that is exactly what is going on.

I really love this game, I never took a single break from it and I still check my scroll every day. I hate to see me complaining, because I know that TJ is doing an awesome work. But I am a little bit afraid that things will take a turn for the worse.

I fully agree with you drabugon. Its sad, but unfortunately it gets boring.

Breeding Metallics for gifting is just a waste of time and energy.

Edited by Becka

yeah problem since we getting few new dragons to be hard to breeding for while.. I wish need come back good one. smile.gif

Becka has 90+ golds and Aama 59 silvers and they are getting no eggs from their armies?! Not even a noteworthy amount of common eggs.....I think there is no hope that users with only a few metallics (like me) will get an egg anytime soon sad.gif .

There is hope. I only have a handful of Silvers, but I managed to breed two Silver eggs in one day. You just have to keep trying though. Those two eggs I bred were the first rares I've bred in over a year.

I really don't have any rares but I've been trying to get more than 1 black stripe while also trying to fill a blud stripe request....

I haven't had any stipes since March of this year...

I also haven't gotten any: pinks,vampires,or magis bred either

I've bred pinks and magis within the last month or two and know of others that have also. I also successfully bred a day glory drake egg from day glory + ochredrake by using the Fertility BSA on both dragons. Pure luck? Who knows? On the other hand, I can't breed a stripe to save my life.

When I started playing DC a year ago, black eggs were hard to come by so I figured they were rare. The black stripe breeding created a wall of black eggs for days then poof, they were gone. I figured the ratios were screwed up and now that I want another alt black, they're impossible to find. I also never see CB Whites.

I did notice that there were some "commons" in the desert biome earlier this evening. I almost grabbed a gray egg by accident.

I've also been breeding my metallics (33 gold/19 silver) every 7 days. this time i was lucky to get 3 common's out of them.

It's getting frustrating to not be able to continue a pretty lineage/gift some egg's to people who have none. sad.gif

I have bred more tinsels from just two tinsels in the past 3 weeks than stripes (23), golds (2), blacks (17) and silvers (2)

Still no luck with metallics and stripes. My metallics have never bred and my stripes haven't bred since the black ones came in.

I've bred my metallics every Friday for almost a year and no egg. I have gotten a few commons, though. With my Trios, I've gotten a successful trio egg once in a while. With my blacks, I used to get eggs, but not anymore.

I'm not concerned, though. I'll just keep trying until I do get something.

But what are the future prospects for the DC longtimeplayers? After more then two years of playing you have nearly everything on your scroll you want to have. And it is nearly impossible to keep lineages running no matter if they are including rares or not. Ok, there are new releases, but with the new egg limits it took me a week or two to get all the new eggs I want. And then? The big boredom until the next release? As I can take from some posts in the new-release-thread in the news section that is exactly what is going on.

I really love this game, I never took a single break from it and I still check my scroll every day. I hate to see me complaining, because I know that TJ is doing an awesome work. But I am a little bit afraid that things will take a turn for the worse.

I agree. I always get the same message when I try breeding my metallics and stripes, "You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced." Seriously, I'm sick of it. They won't even produce a common!

I bred TWO Stripes!! I was just SO surprised to get that first Stripe - a White, but when I actually managed to get a BLACK Stripe (with my Marrow), it was an even bigger shock! Maybe the pendulum has hit the end of the drought swing - or is approaching it.

Wull, I can hope, anyway.

Thanks be to the Breeding Gods of DC! biggrin.gif

I bred TWO Stripes!! I was just SO surprised to get that first Stripe - a White, but when I actually managed to get a BLACK Stripe (with my Marrow), it was an even bigger shock! Maybe the pendulum has hit the end of the drought swing - or is approaching it.

Wull, I can hope, anyway.

Thanks be to the Breeding Gods of DC! biggrin.gif

Envy envy envy.

"Course I just went through a fail-breed with every breedable Stripe on my Scroll.

Anyway glad to hear it!

For those lucky enough to have bred a metallic or stripe CONGRATS!! *is also green with envy*. I wish my metallics would cooperate because both my family members as well as some would be first time owners of silvers and golds are waiting on my success (or lack thereof in this case). I'd really like to spread the wealth but I must inform any on the potential waiting list that nada is working for me over the last few months. I currently have 12 Golds (no not a lot for breeding chances) but I do have 25 silvers so you'd expect maybe something from the silvers at some point. dry.gif

Edited by Misha

I managed to get an ice egg recently, donated to charities since I have too much ices. This is my second rare breeding but the first in a loooong while. (Since January of 2010. But partly because I didn't breed my rares often until I got at least one of each rare)

...Oh god, I love Midnight Ninja now. <3333

I bred one of my stripes with a red dragon and got a red egg. It's the first egg I've gotten from my stripes in a long while.

My stripes don't actually seem to mind giving me common eggs, just not stripy ones. The same goes for my Thunders and although to a lesser extent, my blacks. My only silver though has never produced a silver egg (Has produced 2 guardian eggs in total), and this is despite the fact that I got him last October. I'd love more silvers, and a gold, and lots of shiny's, but at this rate I'm going to have to be patient. Congrats to those who have actually got shiny eggs.

Uh, guys, I was just able to breed another Black egg! So maybe that pendulum really IS slowly starting to swing back?

My dragons are breeding incredibly well these last two weeks ohmy.gif

My golds, stripes and blacks had been breeding nothing at all for months, and in the last two weeks I bred

- 2 blacks

- 1 white from black parent

- 2 whites from gold parents (I had been waiting for an egg from them since March and April!)

- 2 stripes! and 3 common eggs from stripes (more than 1/3 of my stripes produced)

Breeding is not going well for me at all. The last 10 times the dragons either didn't except each other, or no egg was produced. Out of my last eleven tries, only one pair bred! I'm getting rapidly frusterated. What is going on here?!

Edited by leaf0701

I got a black egg this week from a black and stripe mating.

My golds still have not produced an egg common or otherwise.