GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think things are getting better. In the past few days I've managed to breed a silver, nebula, magma, and ice egg. The only thing I failed to breed was a black stripe.

estimate of 550 metal pairs bred since the drought. 0 metals/blacks/stripes.

I am getting very frustrated sad.gif

Yes and because of the lack of eggs produced there is a very limited number in the abandoned page too - very slim pickings even on commons.

Any ideas on what is causing the egg drought?

I give up, this is getting on my nerves :< my metals normally breed really well, I could actually gift 2nd/3rd gens but now? 1 single white egg and that was it dry.gif" my blacks don't breed either, same with my nebulas...this is no fun atm D:

what a situation! during over a month i dot only 1 gold egg ( breeding with white) and 0 silver\stripe etc.

I bred about twenty pairs a couple days ago, metallics with commons, one egg. Also bred a bunch of geode, stone, and pebble pairs with very few results. Trio results have been null for some time, as have metallic breeding for any kind of offspring.

I managed to get my Thunder to produce. I also got a Vine. However, I just bred all four of my Nebulas to different dragons and got nothing.

Still not getting commons.

stripe x seasonal

stripe x seasonal

stripe x red

stripe x red

stripe x red

stripe x hellfire

stripe x flamingo

stripe x flamingo

stripe x nebula

stripe x magma

nebula x christmas <-- actually an autopilot misclick. v.v

ridgewing x silver

ridgewing x silver

ridgewing x silver

ridgewing x silver

= 3 refusals, rest no eggs. :3 I'll keep trying. happy.gif It's bound to get better.

My sister bred a 2nd gen nebula from the alts that I lost in trade. Other then that, shinies are not breeding. Didn't get any pinks either.

Bred all of my metals and stripes, got nothin, but that's how they've been breeding for a good year now for me anyway, so it's just another wasted week D:

God two nebulas from two different pairs, though, so there's that at least.

I've got a ton of 'no eggs produced' lately. I have had no successful breedings at all, despite trying at least 20 dragons.

The poll option needs an option for 'no success'.

I have had little success lately. 1 Bred BSA Pink and 1 Bred White out of half the dragons on my scroll being bred.

I've been struggling to get much of anything as well, though I did manage to breed two Glory Drakes last night.

I am not satisfied with breeding at all - I used to wait for a little amount of eggs in the AP before trying, but now even then they dont breed for weeks now, not to mention no metals at all and no GON for almost 1,5 years now. Dragons that used to breed, refuse all of a sudden - I thought that when they refuse to go near each other, they are not breedable together, but this concerns dragons that I bred already blink.gif

Its not that I dont get eggs at all but I spend a lot of time trying on the ones I really really want eggs and then after 20 or more unsuccessful tries I end up breeding around any of the other dragons, like "well I can try that one, I dont mind another frozen hatchie" and then those, really not that important breedings, work dry.gif

Edited by Kiwiana

My brother has just bred a Black. smile.gif Other than that, my results have been really bad.

Edited by Orlageddon

33 gold = no egg produced (gold x black/stripe and different common eggs)

19 silver = no egg produced (silver x black and different common eggs)

2 ice = 1 ice egg (ice x swallowtail)

2 electric = no egg produced

2 magma = 1 red egg (magma x red)

yulebuck X purple = purple egg (request)

even some of my thuweds produced no eggs :s (they normally always do)

I've had alright success with breeding...

Here's what I've bred/attempted the past few days:

Black x Nebula- Black egg

Vine x Nebula- No egg

Electric x Nebula- No egg

Silver x Pink- No egg, although the silver is usually good about giving me whichever common I pair her with.

Swallowtail x BBW- Swallowtail egg

Magi x Bluna- Bluna egg

Shallow Water x Coastal Waverunner- refusal

Bluna x Shallow Water- Bluna egg

I also managed to breed a Split.

Edited by Denwayasha

I try all silvers, gold, color stripes, icy, magma, but no luck get new eggs right away.. not know why never get new eggs in a month. tongue.gif oh well. no luck. some refuse and some do but no produce a egg. smile.gif

Things seem to be looking up, at least a little.

Today I managed to breed a Dorsal and a Black for people I owed eggs to, and one of my metallic breeding attempts actually produced a White egg!

I was beginning to think the contraceptives had to be in the water...

I keep trying to breed with no success. I really need to get a spring egg from my one seasonal pair. It hasn't happened since Spring started! O.o

Also, I saw mention of the idea that because there are more people there is less breeding. If it is ratio based that can't be true. Ratios mean there is 1 for every 30 of something or something similar. The ratio of common to uncommon to rare does not change success rates. It just means one type will become more likely to be the outcome. Now I am sure there is also a ratio of producing and no eggs but even then a certain percent of breedings should produce. There wouldn't be a mass of no success as there has been or an empty AP.

The math behind this is say 30% of breedings will produce eggs.(These are all fake numbers for example.. I don't know the ratio) If there are 1000 breedings then that means 300 eggs are made.... if there are 10,000 breedings 3,000 eggs are made. So as the number of breedings go up so does the number of eggs produced this would not empty the AP as we have seen.

Also Thank you to Tridymite for the graphs. They are pretty shocking if your site is the average. I have seen similar counts from other sites as well.

GAWDS!!! Another week, another fruitless breeding session with my Trios, I DID manage to get ONE lousy Pink. My Metallics come breedable tomorrow (like that's gonna give me anything), as well as the Blacks. Nebulae? Nada. I also managed to get a SunSong. This breeding blight is really the pits and just NO fun.

ETA: Metallics and Blacks came into heat today after all - got three common eggs. Truly stinks. It's a breeding stinkathon.

Edited by oddsoxdi

Horses keep breeding fine.

Spring/09 valentines gave me one egg from two couples.

BBW are not breeding fine. I'm worried because I do need eggs from these dragons.

Trio gave me one single ember egg from 5 couples.

Ember couple gave me egg.

Red yesterday gave me 3 eggs from 6 couples.

Swallowtails and Pillow gave me egg.

Pink couple gave me one egg.

As I'm scroll locked, I can't try striped.

Stats from breedings today:

5 gold breedings: not a singe egg, not even a white

9 silver breedings: got one deepsea egg! Whoot! biggrin.gif [/sarcasm]

One CB trio of each breed: Got one nocturne egg. Great...

Winter x Winter: Finally a spring egg I was waiting for since spring began! Yay!

Commons might breed better than one week ago, metallics and trios are still dreadful.