GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The cave drops have been good, breeding really bad. I can say that it does not seem normal. The only time I can remember breeding being this unsuccessful was after the metal ratio glitch was fixed, and eventually the ratios evened out and breeding went back to normal. Hopefully breeding will become easier soon.

My birthday is today and I wanted to breed a tinsel, or something special with today's date on it. I hope the cave comes back in time.

Happy B-Day!!!

I also hope very much that you are one of the few who can breed yourself something special today.

And maybe the Cave will be kinder when it does return.

I've noticed how the breeding was just blah yesterday when I tried some breedings before DC went down. Only two of them were successful; almost everything else resulted in not producing an egg. I even tried something as simple as breeding a white with one of my snow angels as I have had successful breedings with my holiday dragons before (not just Christmas dragons) over time. Same result happened however. I was trying to attempt to get a couple more black stripes and continue my lineage project before I was good.

Edited by Kamoodle

I attempted breeding my Silver pairs and only got one success, which resulted in a spring dragon egg. I'm not sure I'll even bother with breeding the rest of my dragons...I just know this has gone on for a while now and it's been irritating to say the least.

This might be a shot in the dark, but does anyone know when the breeding situation might begin to get better? What all has to happen for the ratios to "fix" themselves? I'm not quite sure I understand the reasoning behind why the breeding has not been successful lately.

Just bred my CB Stripe male to my CB Black Marrow female and finally got a Black Stripe egg - it's my first since the breeding process was tampered with a few weeks ago. smile.gif

I just logged in, glad that DC is finally up again, only to see that my Black Stripe egg has disappeared from my scroll (along with a CB Purple egg that I had caught before the downtime), and that two of my hatchlings had lost their names (causing me to rename them). sad.gif

Is there any chance I can get my Black Stripe back? sad.gif I noticed that the parents (Quintilian Snowgold and Vulturia Calvariana) both were available for breeding (while they shouldn't be, having bred yesterday), but they yielded no egg when I bred them.

Edited by Duysterwald

Just bred an ice, a stripe, a silver, two golds, a pillows and a bbw, "no eggs produced" user posted image

Good morning after the downtime... yeah, a decrease in eggs..

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

I bred metallics yesterday not to stripes or blacks, got NO egg and one refusal (first try of pair)

Blacks are not ready yet... could try the stripes... ?

Gold x Albino: Albino egg.

Silver x Black: Nothing.

Silver x Pink: Nothing.

Silver x Balloon: Nothing

Silver x Sunrise: Sunrise egg.

Silver x Purple: Nothing

Silver x Hellfire: Nothing

Silver x Ridgewing: Nothing

Silver x Daydream: Nothing

Silver x Ember: Nothing

Silver x Bluna: Nothing

Silver x Sky: Nothing.

...Damn. Never realized how many silvers I had.

My Neo x Alt Neb pair produced a Neo egg, but my stripes were unresponsive as ever.

I bred a black with a white egg, fully expecting nothing (since blacks haven't been throwing ANY eggs, even when paired with other commons) and got a white egg. I was happy.

4 silver pairs: 1 seasonal and 1 white

4 gold pairs: no egg

6 pure stripe pairs: no egg (as expected...I was just being optimistic)

At least the white was one that I need for a project, so I'm not quite as disappointed as last week. Hopefully my "luck" will hold until the rest of my metallics are ready to breed because I need some more commons from them.

I bred a red through a redXgold pair this morning (dumped it because I didn't want it) but all of my others have been unsuccessful.

I thought it was just me until I found this thread.

Today my son tried to breed 17 Striped x Striped pairs, 18 Striped x Common/Holiday pairs, 1 Striped x Gold pair (yes, he has a lot of Striped dragons) and 2 Nebula x Holiday pairs. He got 1 Nebula (Xmas 2010 parent), one white stripe (Green Stripe x Valentine 2010) and a Swallowtail (Blue Striped parent).

3 eggs out of 38 breeding attemps? I fear the water supply may be contaminated. Anybody got any three eyed hatchlings?

Okay. Now that the cave's up again, I ran down the totals of my last mass breed.

Total breedings: 81

Total eggs: 39

So I'm at about 48%. Maybe higher, since dead and fogged eggs don't show up on the Progeny lists.

Bred;

Horses; Good breeding this time.

Ridewings; A single, blue egg.

Striped; Not a single egg from any of my pairings.

BBW; Except 2 (Murphy's laws, I NEEDED that egg), all bred ok.

Noturne; Got egg.

Sunset; No egg.

Swallowtail; Got one egg.

Pillow; One egg.

Seems like breeding is returning back to normal. My striped were always very annoying to breed, and the time after the black release was a refreshing time to try to go for the blue one (still don't have it).

5 gold x white pairs: no egg

8 silver x different: only one daydream egg

winter x winter: no egg

pink x pink: no egg

black x white stripe: no egg

nebula x nebula: no egg

ribbon x nebula: what do you think? no egg

Help, my dragons are in a marriage crisis!

Pretty much every dragon on my scroll that I breed with is in cooldown, and it was all I could do to get a white and vine. Breeding my dragons is like pulling teeth anymore.

Tried all my metals today, not an egg to be found, and my trios only produced two commons....blech....

Haven't gotten ANYTHING for the last two days and the same for my friends. :/

Just got one Ice Egg (and I think two other commons) from the many breedings I've done over the last few weeks. There doesn't seem to be any sort of success rate per se just an odd egg produced once in a blue moon. Very hard to forecast and I spend much more time trying to add to my scroll from the Cave as that's the only way now I can effectively grow my scroll.

I bred one ice egg, a spring, and a common pebble -ick.

My golds which I used to get common eggs from and at the very least one gold egg a week I get 'no egg is produced' haven't bred a black, gold or silver since the drought began. Nor have I seen much for black eggs on sites I go to.

My stripes have always been fussy breeders - rarely giving me an egg, now I get even fewer from them.

It is rare when I see an egg that I want from the cave and wish I could go back to breeding what I and others want.

My thunder and Nebula today got me a Nebula egg.

I actually hoped for a thunder as a gift, though xd.png

But most of the time, I don't get any eggs. Blacks never. Not even other parent's breed.

Edited by shirubaaneko

Bred all my embers and fellfires. Not a single egg. Nutters, I say.

EDIT: Nothing from two of m'shinies and 1 of m'thunders either.

Edited by Sinsdaemn