GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

881 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmm, I suppose recovery will be gradual :3

Well, the AP was almost entirely bare last night so I let myself do a mass-breed of my scroll. I didn't notice any difference in the success rates of my breeding. I didn't get any metallics, but that's not unusual. I did actually manage to breed an Ice egg, which was a first in a while. Got plenty of Bluna and Shallow Waters.

I've been keeping an eye on the ND's on Silvi's. They are about to overtake the silvers. wacko.gif

They overtook the silvers and are going for the golds... blink.gif

Somebody referred to this as a drought and it really is. With "no interest" and "no egg produced" I've only been able to produce one white egg out of my breedings--thus I'm not going to breed. Normally, my scroll is only used for about 1/3 of my needs but with what's happening I refuse (I weakened the other day) to attempt any more--it's too frustrating. Sure, I love the long cave drops but not to the exclusion of being able to use my scroll. Whether the Cave was trying to right the ratios or some other reason it's almost not worth playing the game (almost) if there is no balance to the system. I know there will never be the sort of system that pleases every player but this is really a major set back.

only one pair of five bred toiday gave me an egg. other four were either no interest or no egg produced sad.gif

Bred a load of stripes/blacks. no interest whatsoever

Please remember the over 12 hour downtime of cave, therefore we see a 'drop' in breeds...

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Happy Eastern!!!

I saw three or four little blacks speed through the AP last night.

I managed to catch one of them.

Maybe it means their dryspell is finally starting to taper off?

Boy I'm feelin' bad for my hub!! I gifted him a Silver egg when he first came onto DC in Feb of '09, he managed to breed that Silver and get a Silver egg ONCE. Every breeding since then has either produced no egg, no interest or a VERY few commons. He was gifted a Gold in October of '09 and every breeding of THAT beast has produced no egg, no interest and only FOUR Commons. It's not like he never, ever breeds, either.

During the 'Metallics Are Allowed to Breed True' season earlier this year he DID manage to snag a few Metallics from the AP - although none from his own dragons. Breeding results like these seem to border on the suspect. Two solid years of absolutely NO decent results??? No wonder he feels like DC is no fun any more. The reason I'm posting instead of him? He doesn't do a lot on the Forums at all, and I find it VERY curious that he's stuck with such crappy breeding results.

I bred a gold, 4 ice and 3 magma with mostly no eggs produced and 2 red eggs.

Boy I'm feelin' bad for my hub!! I gifted him a Silver egg when he first came onto DC in Feb of '09, he managed to breed that Silver and get a Silver egg ONCE. Every breeding since then has either produced no egg, no interest or a VERY few commons. He was gifted a Gold in October of '09 and every breeding of THAT beast has produced no egg, no interest and only FOUR Commons. It's not like he never, ever breeds, either.

During the 'Metallics Are Allowed to Breed True' season earlier this year he DID manage to snag a few Metallics from the AP - although none from his own dragons. Breeding results like these seem to border on the suspect. Two solid years of absolutely NO decent results??? No wonder he feels like DC is no fun any more. The reason I'm posting instead of him? He doesn't do a lot on the Forums at all, and I find it VERY curious that he's stuck with such crappy breeding results.

Eh, two dragons is not really a large enough sample size. I'm about 99.9% sure breedings do not just depend on ratios and chance; some pairs breed well together, others do not, some dragons breed true more often than others. I have plenty of golds and silvers who've never bred true; I also have pairs who produce metallics well over half the time. I'm pretty sure it's not a conspiracy against your husband, he just happened to get unlucky with a couple of not-very-productive metallics.

But I agree something funny is going on at the moment; the stats from Silve's speak for themselves. FWIW, I'm pretty sure the number of CB metallics was higher than usual last week / the week before - I saw one go through myself, despite barely hunting the cave at all, and one of my friends with time on his hands caught several.

I think it's true that some dragons breed true more often than others. I have this 2nd gen thunder that produces thunder offspring rather often (being paired with a CB storm), and guess what? That one's son (3rd gen thunder, also mated to a CB storm), hasn't given me a single thunder egg in over 9 months, despite being bred on an almost regular basis. I know the sample is pretty small, but it's still unusual.

My dragons seem just about infertile these days. Can we please get the Fertility BSA up and running?

aw tell him don't feel so bad. I have a white dorkface / gold pair I've been pairing up for almost 2 years straight.. and today they FINALLY gave me their first gold egg!

aw tell him don't feel so bad. I have a white dorkface / gold pair I've been pairing up for almost 2 years straight.. and today they FINALLY gave me their first gold egg!

They didn't breed when metals were breeding so much that I autoed about 20 metals at any given time? And they bred during the drought? tongue.gif

They didn't breed when metals were breeding so much that I autoed about 20 metals at any given time? And they bred during the drought? tongue.gif

What an irony right? I test bred my metals today and got a silver (long and inbred - haha .. but at least I got one). Thinking that it's good omen, I bred about 60 more and nope, luck doesn't strike twice. tongue.gif

Still, m'thinking things are slowly going on the mend. >w>

*also thinks the paper and cheese egg stats are performing some sort of mating dance so feel free to disregard my optimistic and odd views*

Always kept meaning to say it but thanks for all the graphs and visual representation of silvi's lair sampling, tridymite. ^^ It really helps put things into perspective and at least divulges information.

I'm glad that at least a few people are breeding metallics now, hopefully it's a good sign for a few weeks down the road C: I hope I can be one of those people soon... >.< I still haven't bred any stripes, metallics, or trios in a few weeks.

*also thinks the paper and cheese egg stats are performing some sort of mating dance so feel free to disregard my optimistic and odd views*

So I'm not the only one wondering what those two are doing. huh.gif

Always kept meaning to say it but thanks for all the graphs and visual representation of silvi's lair sampling, tridymite. ^^ It really helps put things into perspective and at least divulges information.

Ditto! smile.gif

bred some dragons today

5 eggs

2 no egg produced

1 no interest

these were only commons or commons x holidays

hope trios successfull breeding will be back soon, as I need it for my lineage project D:

From experience, strangely there haven't been any alt blacks this month . . . period.

Somehow I feel like this is all a plot from TJ to get us to want the fertility BSA and then he will release it tongue.gif

28 pairs of stripes yesterday & today... not one egg.

None of my white stripes bred anything today, so annoying because I want another black stripe.

28 pairs of stripes yesterday & today... not one egg.

I only have 5 pairs of cb stripes and 4 pairs of lineaged stripes and I usually get at least two eggs from my set.... and I haven't gotten a one from any of my stripes, even the non pb pairs since the drought started. It stinks as my EPIC pair I need to breed are a metal and a stripe >.<