GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My tinsels are producing as decently as they ever have. If there is anything amiss (which there probably isn't, but), it's not affecting them.

I've tried breeding stripes and nebulas recently, and they were all unsuccessful. Kind of disappointing since I have a decent number of stripes. I did manage to produce a magma egg though (from red x magma), which was surprising. :|

Just bred harvest egg from CB ember x CB harvest. Then I tried to breed black x silver and got no egg. :[

No egg, no interest, no nothing, not even commons. It is HORRIBLE :-(

15 stripes - no egg

about 15 metals & trios - 3 comons and no trio or metal

When you TJ09 will stop this madness! And back everything to normal???

I just bred two pinks for a project, and I'm shocked.

Everything else, some 50 odd pairs has been absolutely nothing. This total freeze on breeding is really killing projects, and all the breeding requests I have. dry.gif

My breeding has been terrible as of late; even on my commons. Either they're not interested, or no egg is produced. I'm lucky to get two eggs at an attempt- I used to be able to scroll lock myself by breeding alone, but I suppose I just haven't been lucky lately.

Even my prolific pairs aren't doing so well anymore.

I"m not a big breeder - don't ever do it honestly - but I figured I'd try to breed my few metallics to see if I could get an egg to gift (I have CBs or low gens so work out well for gifting smile.gif ) but not a one of them were successful. Boo.

Same here, not one single egg sad.gif

oh and I learned my lesson the hard way: never do IOUs again,the person is still waiting for the egg sad.gif *sorry*

Edited by Lara_5

I've been keeping an eye on the ND's on Silvi's. They are about to overtake the silvers. wacko.gif

Just bred my metallics, trios, stripes, and blacks - two thunder eggs, one magi egg, and zip for everything else. This is frustrating!

blink.gif I just bred an Ember-Magma pair for a lineage project and I was 100% certain that I wouldn't get an egg... and actually I got the first Legi egg out of a Legi - Ember pairing. All the other eggs I got over the last weeks from various Legendary - Ember pairing were Ember eggs and now of all times, when I didn't even expect any egg, I got a Magma? Weird biggrin.gif But yeah, I guess it was just pure luck (the few other pairs I bred this week didn't lay any eggs, not even the common ones).

This drought is rediculous. I know several people who always breed at LEAST commons from their metals and trios and they hardly have gotten maybe 5 eggs out of like 50 pairs. This IS a drought. My breeding day is usually on wensdays and thursdays for my metals and trios and when I bred mine I was barely lucky enough to get 1 magma and like 4 commons. Now that may sound good but that's not normal for my scroll. I tried breeding my blacks, nebs, whites, trios and metals and hardly any of them bred. The blacks, nebs and whites ALWAYS breed a baby each week but none tihs week or last week. It's getting rediculous xP

I've been keeping an eye on the ND's on Silvi's. They are about to overtake the silvers. wacko.gif

Wow you're right . . . that is actually unbelievable blink.gif *takes snapshot to show in future years*

This is depressing, it's no longer fun when 90% of the time it's always "no eggs produced"

I was just able to breed my Deep Sea dragon to a Skywing dragon, resulting into a little Bluna egg. smile.gif This is the second successful breeding that I've had in nearly 2 weeks (ever since The Drought began); the previous successful breeding was also with this same pair, although that time it resulted into a Deep Sea egg.

Edited by Duysterwald

Just bred silvers, golds, stripes, springs, trios, nebulas, holidays, hellfires, neotropicals, magis, waters, shallow waters, and whites.

Got one purebred white, one purebred neotropical.

Absolutely bull.

Didn't change the ratios? Then what's the explanation?

Didn't change the ratios? Then what's the explanation?

Well, the latest new release was different from others in two ways - two of the new kinds of dragons, the Nebula Alt and the Black Striped, were obtainable from breeding... and a technique people were using to clear the AP, which would have put black dragons back into the ratio pool, was halted.

And there's more people playing DC who have been there longer, and who are looking for filling out their scrolls with rares now that they've got their commons.

It doesn't surprise me that funny things are happening. The whole mechanism of "ratios" was trouble waiting to happen, and so that one day it would cause a mess without TJ having to change a thing surprises me not at all.

What I would prefer would be if TJ just decided that ratios might have been a nice idea, but they don't work - and just have constant ratios (for the production of new eggs instead of for the whole pool of dragons) instead. Perhaps leaner than the initial ones - so that, say, one has commons, and dragons like red, black, electric, and nebula are 1/3 as likely as commons; trios 1/9 as likely; and metallics 1/27 as likely - but those probabilities aren't affected by the number of dragons.

So if people only breed their rares and not their commons, rares could still end up outnumbering commons - but so what? I think that would let the game be a challenge without it getting ridiculous; newcomers would have about the same chance at getting a metallic as the people who were here when the cave started.

Making metallics 1/27 as likely as commons instead of 1/9 would be one way, though, to avoid having getting rid of ratios making things too easy. Or one could go from 1, 1/3, 1/9 to 1, 1/5, 1/25.

This way, how hard it is to breed a metallic or grab one from the cave would just stay the same, and wouldn't depend on what people choose to breed. No more headaches.

Edited by quadibloc

Just bred 26 of my silvers and got a single daydream egg. Three golds gave me nothing. Nine stripe/stripes gave me nothing, as well. Got five out of seven out of geoeds, though.

Having relatively decent luck with pinks.

My scroll is getting overrun with whites. They seem to almost never fail to produce. Except the one troll pair I have that NEVER throws an egg.

It's a bit worrisome, but it seems to me that people that can't massbreed their golds are just mass-breeding the next *rare*. So, Geodes, Trios, Blunas and Shallow Waters will get hit next. I'm still not having any problem egg-locking myself with things I want to keep. But, I went after my black stripes as soon as I could because I figured it would get much harder to get them. Unfortunately, that left me locked and unable to chase nebulas much. But I'll get them sooner or later.

I am one of the older players that is trying to breed rares to fill my scroll goals. I don't breed all of them every week, but I alternate set each week, averaging usually 10-15 pairs.

Today was my first mass breeding - 30 pairs. I was breeding for stripes, geodes, tan ridgewings, legendary (I need 2 thunder), and alt black/vine/nebula. I got 10 eggs - the 1 geode and tan ridgewing I need plus 8 commons. I used to get 5-8 eggs with my smaller sets, still mostly commons, but I would at least get a couple of stripes every month mixed in.

Besides the two black stripes, I've only been able to get 2 stripes since the beginning of the year. The last black I've been able to breed was in January. >.<

Bred all my (20 some) silvers. Got one double thuwed Bluna egg.

I'm not going to bother breeding my golds though. They take a lot more time to breed, and I'll just be disappointed.

It's a bit worrisome, but it seems to me that people that can't massbreed their golds are just mass-breeding the next *rare*. So, Geodes, Trios, Blunas and Shallow Waters will get hit next. I'm still not having any problem egg-locking myself with things I want to keep. But, I went after my black stripes as soon as I could because I figured it would get much harder to get them. Unfortunately, that left me locked and unable to chase nebulas much. But I'll get them sooner or later.

I don't hope geodes get the down!! It throws me back in my 11th gen geode project. sad.gif