ETAK

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Lock

Just wanted to mention I redid the top post to fully acknowledge Xylene's (1.4/day) method, and to add a new (1.8/day) method.

The only thing left is to work out the number of reds needed to keep it up continually.

My timing is a little skewed at the moment due to the cave, but (unless I decide to hatchie lock myself as I'll be gone) I've been keeping a rotation of 3-5 hatchies 2-5 eggs.

Right now, for example (time approx):

H - 4

H - 4

H - 6

H - 6

E - 5 (inc)

E - 5 (inc) (black, alt attempt - freeze hatchie)

E - 6 (bred)

Tonight:

H - 5

H - 5

H - 7

- alt/non alt black frozen

E - 4 (fog)

E - 5 CB

E - 7 CB

E - 7 CB

E - 7 (bred, black or rare)

incubate/unfog/inc&ER

H - 5

H - 5

H - 7

H - 7

H - 7 (inced/ERed)

E - 6 (inc)

E - 6 (black alt attempt, inc)

E - 7

Next:

H - 4

H - 4

H - 6

H - 6

H - 6

E - 5

E - 5 (alt)

E - 6

-----

H - 6

H - 6

H - 6

E - 5

E - 5 (alt)

E - 6

E - 6 (inc)

-----

H - 5

H - 5

H - 5

E - 4 (fog if you plan to catch one egg, I didn't here)

E - 4

E - 5

E - 5

----

H - 5

H - 5

H - 5

H - 7

-- H - 7 (Freeze)

E - 5

E - 5

----

H - 4

H - 4

H - 4

H - 6

E - 4

E - 4

----

H - 5

H - 7

H - 7

E - 6 (inc)

E - 6 (inc)

E - 7

E - 7

E - 6 (bred black alt attempt) inc

etc.... get it?

Edit: It's a little skewed as it assumes that I get blacks from my metals ( usually do). If I breed my metals to get metals I usually allow for two egg breedings rather than picking up another cave born egg. I also adjust things based on situations... like last night I tried to get a pink cb egg and got two flamingo eggs, so I bred a 2nd gen nebula and a 2nd gen black to alt after I bit two eggs (locking myself with a dead egg and a vamp for 24 hours/5 hours)

Edited by surevesta

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new limits will affect locking methods. I've been using the 1 new egg a day method but excited for change!

Anyone thought about how they are going to use the new limits yet?

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new limits will affect locking methods. I've been using the 1 new egg a day method but excited for change!

Anyone thought about how they are going to use the new limits yet?

One word:

Earthquake.

Gotta love hatching eggs early (and yes, I do know what my failure/success percentages are. Still totally worth it).

I prefer my 3 eggs each. I get 3 eggs then once they hatch I grab 3 more. probaly not the best but allows me to chatch a rare if i happen to see one or if a get a gift offering i can still accept then fix it all later.

I have always tried to lock with 4 hatchlings and 3 eggs, then breed for 2 more eggs, and then try to hatch 3 eggs to get to 7 hatchies and 2 eggs.

The new limits will take a lot of getting used to. Right now, I have 7 eggs and 12 hatchies, so I am doing well.

All my eggs came from the AP except for 1 of them, and the AP eggs I prefer to get are under 6 days. I have used about 15 incubates in the past 2 days. I only have 3 dozen or so left.