OrbiterSpore

What is the very first video game you ever played?

My first game was Super Mario Bros for the very first Nintendo! I remember playing it when my mom and dad were sleeping when I was about 4 or 5.

From the Family game systerms, I remember playing the original Mario on the original Nintendo system.

But when I bought myself a Gameboy Advance SP, well it was Pokemon Ruby. I needed something to play to keep myself from getting bored.

My first game was Mario Kart. When my dad got me a gameboy advance, my first game for that was pokemon red. I still have it today, but it doesn't work sad.gif...and the advance's screen doesn't show the games anymore either.

I was young enough that I didn't start playing computer games until they were more developed, so I never played Mario or anything. I played some weird games based on the cartoons of the time before it, but I like to think of the first game I remember specifically as the first I played: Dungeon Siege. I was at the age where the same thing never gets boring no matter how many times you do it, so I played in the multiplayer-only world nonstop until I was extremely high level, then ran the highest-level dungeon I could easily get to over and over again. I did sometimes go to other interesting places, though.

I know this isn't about my first game, but I feel like I should share this since it's very funny. I remember how I did the same thing I did with Dungeon Siege with two other games, maybe more, since I was still young enough to never get bored with the same thing. First was Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon, a game based on the animated Treasure Planet movie. I almost always ran Skirmish mode with the exact same map, exact same fleet (quite often just 1 ship), and exact same enemies, which consistently ended with me dying awfully or winning easily depending on whether I remembered to change the difficulty. Good times.

The game I repeated the most was Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. I ran through the single-player campaign over, and over, and over again, which went a lot faster when I discovered the cheat codes. I realize now that it's no fun without a challenge, but back then I hated even a small risk of losing. I never, ever changed the sequence of missions and probably didn't change the force powers I chose. I think one time I managed (with cheat codes) to finish the game in five or six hours. I did the campaign so much that I now know close to every single line in every single cutscene of the game, plus most of the speech in between. It's kind of creepy how well I can recite it. My memory has faded a bit on some of the exact words since I haven't played it in a while, but I still remember a lot. In addition, I know almost everything about all the maps and have gotten extremely good at combat. With careful observation and cheats like noclip, I also discovered a lot about how the game functions. I will always remember Jedi Academy fondly.

The first game i played in GBA was Sonic Advance, the first game i played in DS was Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, the first wii game i played was Mario and sonic in the olympic games and the first one i ever played in the Xbox was Smackdown vs raw 2011

Edited by Rubs

this all depends...

my 1st game i played on a handheld thing was pokemon red on the Gameboy colour*truely epic gme IMO*

then the 1st game i played on a console was final fantasy 7 on the PS1*again epic IMO*

biggrin.gif

Edited by smokeytripod

Donkey Kong. I remember being at my cousins house. And being the young little tike i was I insisted that i play the monkey game. And died right away. Got really PO'd and kept playing for hours. My poor cousin.

Edited by KatPower

believe it or not, but Starcraft.

PC: First game was clue finders or some sort of educational game... grandpa was big on educational games and believe it or not it was actually fun.

Console: Mortal Kombat was seven and just hit random buttons my favorite character was Reptile ^^;; Only managed to play it at my friend's house, because my mom would've been horrified to find out I was playing such a violent game. Hehe... happy.gif

thats a good question i think mine was either pokemon red or yellow or spyro the dragon for playstation

i only have the spyro game still

I don't remember which one was the first I played, but the first ones I owned were Mario and some football game for the old Game Boy and Crash Bandicoot for PS1.

My first videogame was Tetris, for the gameboy color. I was almost obsessed with it, the music was catchy too.

Edited by Rei720

im not ashamed to admit this but i played south park on the n64 but i used cheats for the whole thing it was the one with giant chickens or was it turkeys huh.gif

Pong, because I'm totally that old tongue.gif

Though, Frogger was the first video game that I cared about enough to want to break the TV when I couldn't pass a level. biggrin.gif

Pong, because I'm totally that old tongue.gif

Though, Frogger was the first video game that I cared about enough to want to break the TV when I couldn't pass a level. biggrin.gif

*hi-fives another member of the older gamer crowd*

Pac-Man for our old Atari game system.

EDIT: Just remembered that Pet Vet: Animal Hospital was the VERY VERY VERY first game I ever really played.

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

don't know the name anymore

it was a game with mouses and cats and you need to help escape the mouses with putting them in rockets xd.png

i played it on my birthday when i got a gba advance sp

Uhm... I think it was the very first Kirby, or Kid Icarus. Those big gray cartridges for those acient gameboys rolleyes.gif I still have them <3