OrbiterSpore

What is the very first video game you ever played?

I'm pretty sure I got my game boy first, and first games I got were Tetris (of course) and Wario Land. And then I got a SNES and first games were either Super Mario Bros 3 or Donkey Kong Country 2. And then the first one I got seriously good at was Ocarina of Time. I still love all of those games, haha.

Zelda the Ocarna of time. I was about 3 to 5 at the time so I couldn't read nor know what was going on but later I learned it, beat it, and LOVED IT!

My first game was Super Mario. Then I tried Duck Hunt and the dog laughed at me. sad.gif Screw that! Mario all the way!

I think it was "It's a Bug's Life" for the PS1. Either that or it was Spyro 1 or 2, I forget completely. tongue.gif

Some random baseball game for the big phat Gameboy that I later traded to the boy across the street for Kirby's Adventure. happy.gif That was the first game I ever beat too; pink puffballs for the win! (Music is cool too.)

God you guys really are making me feel old. I was already well into gaming before the first proper console came out, and I still remember the huge excitement around the release of the first handhgelds, and the even bigger excitement when I got one - made the trip to see my gran much more entertaining (I live near Brighton England, she lives near St. Petersburg Florida - bit of a trip).

I'm pretty sure it was Banjo Kazooie on N64. We got it for Christmas when I was 10 I think. We were so excited about it! Never did beat it though...HAHA

First ever: Castle Wolfenstein(PS1)... I was like 5 it was for roughly 3 minutes before my dad caught me and gave me a spanking cause I wasn't supposed to touch the system due to my knack for destroying things.

First one I played and actually understood what I was doing: Centipede. I was 7 and it was pretty basic.

First game with a story: Spyro about 9 years old.

I don't know if it was the first game, but the first one I remember playing was one on the Atari. I can't remember the name for the life of me, but I remember that you had to put out fires and rescue people from the burning buildings. Oh, my sister and I used to play it for hours!

Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros.

We had a long enough cord for the shooter in Duck Hunt that you could hide behind the couch and pop up to shoot the ducks. Good times.

It's funny you can kind of tell people's ages by what video games they played as a kid.

It's funny you can kind of tell people's ages by what video games they played as a kid.

My first was Pokemon Blue, and that doesn't reflect my age at all.

My VERY first was some Winnie the Pooh thing.

My first real game wan Nintendogs.

Man... First Mario I played was Super Mario Bros. Obviously for the Super Nintendo. Good times good times... and I may have to change the first game I understood to Duck Hunt.

First game that gave me nightmares... Time Crisis... *shudders*

I'm pretty sure my first was Lode Runner: The Legend Returns. I had it included with a Windows system (can't remember what version).

And of course Ski Free with that cursed abominable snowman.

My first was Pokemon Blue, and that doesn't reflect my age at all.

Note "you can kind of"

Mostly talking about the system as well. Generally someone born in the mid-90s isn't going to be playing an Atari, or a NES or anything.

Again, generally.

I'm not sure what the first game I've had/played was, but it's probably one from the Mario Brothers(Bros.) series or River City Ransom.

I playde Resident Evil 2 on the PS1, but I was so little, I chickened out while going through the doors.It was a cinematic scene, too.

Note "you can kind of"

Mostly talking about the system as well. Generally someone born in the mid-90s isn't going to be playing an Atari, or a NES or anything.

Again, generally.

Haha, you can guess me by system. I played it on a GBA SP(?), my friends.

And at least it was the first one that I was really interested in. I had played other random games that I can't recall.

Probably Asteroids-- I used to think those rocks looked more like cheese though.

Fun fact: the spaceship in that game eventually gave birth to the mouse cursor. It's true.

I don't know if it was the first game, but the first one I remember playing was one on the Atari. I can't remember the name for the life of me, but I remember that you had to put out fires and rescue people from the burning buildings. Oh, my sister and I used to play it for hours!

I remember that game! Was it this one?

(start around 40 seconds) I played that one a lot too tongue.gif

I think this was my first real game somewhere in the mid 80s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsec_%28video_game%29

/memories

Edited by _blue

My First was Pokemon Leafgreen I beat the game 3 times happy.gif