OrbiterSpore

What is the very first video game you ever played?

Q-Bert on a Commodore 64. It had to be loaded from a floppy disk and a command prompt.

First game I ever played was probably Halo: Combat Evolved. First game I owned though was Spyro: A Hero's Tale. I wish I could've played some of the older Spyro games...

The first game I played was Spyro: a Hero's Tale. I played it when I was still in my old house.

((C88: I praise you, friend. Spyro for the win!))

Super Mario World on the SNES

Tetris Attack for the SNES. Beat my dad so many times he quit playing with me. xd.png

When I had that game, my dad kept beating me 90% of the time... until I eventually learned how to mimic the hardest AI available. From that day on, he hasn't beat me once. laugh.gif

Edited by MetalDragon

Was either Mixed Up Mothergoose, Freddie's Rescue Round Up, or Reader Rabbit.

All PC games for an old IBM computer than ran on DOS.

Ah, yes, back in the day. Just dated myself there, lol.

If we are talking strictly consoles, then it was probably a year or so later. Was either Super Mario Bros or Duck Hunt or Double Dribble for the NES. OR, it could have been either Astro Warrior or Hang On for the Sega Master System. Not sure which I picked up first as they were all available at the same time.

My dear childhood, you have escaped me.

I forget the name, honestly, because it's been over 13 years, but it was a WWI flight simulator. I only remember enough to recall that I nearly got in a fight with my dad because I wanted to fly the Sopwith Camel but he thought it was a stupid plane to pick. I still ended up flying it.

The first computer with a modem my Dad got we had a flight simulator on it. My sisters favorite thing to do was to purposely crash into anything.

Hmm First ever handheld was Wario Land II for GameBoy Pocket, First console was Spyro The Dragon.

Honestly video games have just kind of always been a part of my life... but I think it might have been some helicopter game on Atari? Honestly can't recall the name though. It's also possible I only witnessed my brother and father play it, which means I have absolutely no clue what my actual first game was - might have been Super Mario World, Tetris on a watch, or Super Mario Land 2.

Edited by Rhynn Collins

The Lion King for the Sega Genesis. TO this day I still haven't beaten it. (Yes I do stil have it xd.png)

My first actual video game was my friend's copy of Pokemon Sapphire back when I was 8.

But, if computer games count, my very first ever was Busytown 123s, or Busytown ABCs... >.>

Looking back at Busytown 123s, however, I was trying to do stuff as a 3 year old that I wouldn't learn until 5th grade...

Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis. Why my friend's mother was letting six or seven year olds play MK, I don't know, but we loved it. (I also remember playing Sonic and all of the other 'classic' games that most kids who grew up with SGs did, but MK stuck in my brain because Sub-Zero has been my favourite character from the very first game I played.)

(I'm not going to talk about the SNES or Atari 2600, or the fact that my cousin had a Game Gear that I stole more than once. ...Or about the terrible dollar-store DOS games on floppy discs I used to play on one of those tiny, blocky PCs. Windows 95, LOL.)

It was either Avenger or Omega Race on the Vic-20

I used to play on PS1 all the time when I was kid lol

Spyro and Crash are the first games I've ever played :')

The first game I played was Alex the Kidd on a Sega console back in 1992.... Now try playing that with no save function.

Me and my dad usually played it, trying to see who gone the furthest

Pretty sure it was Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire on the GameBoy. Hence why I had a nostalgic breakdown when the remakes were announced.

Very first game ever?

Atari's "Pong"

No, I didn't date myself... We snuck into my Dad's closet and "borrowed" it, and somehow figured out how to attach it to the television. My Mom had this giant thing against video games.

Some time after that she realized we were going to find ways to play video games whether she wanted us to or not, so she got me a GeoSafari so I could have a "video game". Um, okay? It had these cards that you slid into a slot and it would quiz you on the stuff in the picture. It would give you the number of the question, and you had to present it with the number of the answer. It was fun, although it died a year later, after one of the neighbor kids plugged it in using a cord from a different device - the higher amperage killed it. sad.gif

Before 6th grade my parents bought a computer for me to use writing papers, since I wasn't allowed anywhere near my Mom's typewriter. From there we had some phonics game, but we spent most of our time playing Test Drive III and Arctic Adventure instead. I mean, seriously? I was in 6th grade, I knew what "cat" and "hat" had in common! But running over chickens in a racecar, or trying to solve 2D puzzles without being murdered by Barney? That was fun! xd.png