OrbiterSpore

What is the very first video game you ever played?

When I was three, my parents got a DOS Computer. There were two games I loved. The first one was so simple. You just pressed keys to make balloons. The longer you held the key, the bigger the balloon got until it finally popped. The second one (in a complete 180) was the original Duke Nukem Episode One: Shrapnel City. I just recently downloaded DOSBox so I could relive those days. Still love that game. Such a classic. laugh.gif Two years later, I got a GameBoy with Kirby's Dreamland and Mario Bros.

Edited by Millie_Azure

The farthest back console-wise I can remember is Pokemon Stadium. I played it before I could read, though because it was so long ago it could have been an Elmo game for the N64. Though I remember loathing that game my whole life so I never touched it.

The first thing I remember playing was a number/reading pre-school game for the computer. I touched that thing the moment my fingers were big enough to click a mouse. Then the first real gamey computer game I owned had to be either Adiboo or a Disney Activity Center; probably for Lion King.

I'm not really sure, but probably Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii. Or maybe it was just plain old Wii Sports/Resort...

Either Heroes of Might and Magic III (something like that, perhaps II) for the PC (if PC games count?) or Pokémon: Crystal for the old GB color. I still remember not being able to figure out how the save the game, couldn't understand English - barely read my native either, so I had to start over each time!

...Actually, I might have played a bunch of games before that, I just can't remember which... I always did love games and never had much else to do. :)

Edited by Herada

Either Tetris Attack for the SNES or Pokemon Crystal for GBC. o-o

I'm honestly thinking it was Tetris Attack. I freaking love that game. So fab.

I think it was

Alex Kidd in miracle world

but I remember my mum and older sisters playing Mario & sonic games

with that old console I don't remember it well enough to know what one it was

so I don't know if I played them as well

My first game that I remember playing is Unreal Tournament Game of the Year Edition on the PC my dad kept in the cupboard under the stairs. I'd take turns playing it with my brother, with our mum blissfully ignorant of the violence on the other side of the door from her.

My first has to be something on arcade... Not sure which, though, possibly bubble bobble, wonderboy or something out of the terra cresta family.

That was at least 4 years before ever playing on the original gameboys as they did not exist yet. smile.gif

Edited by whitebaron

I really don't know anymore, I'm thinking it may have either been the computer version of Frogger running off a floppy disk or Mario on my cousins Nintendo, two of my earliest memories of video games.

Honestly can't remember my first video game. I know my first console/handheld was New Super Mario Bros, but since my dad's big on gaming, I've been gaming since before I can remember.

Mario Kart Super Circuit or something. GBA Mario Kart anyways. Quite soon I had like 20 GBA games though... Damn I'm a spoiled brat.

I think it was Kirby's Dream land for the original gameboy. Gotta love that bad grammar right in the title! xd.png I think I still have it somewhere....

To this day, I can't beat the extra hard mode...

Pokemon mystery dungeon, blue rescue team. Ah.. My very first game.. I was a Mudkip with a cyndaquil partner. I was about 7, and the DS was my very first console... I lost my save afterwards, as a little kid, I was bad at tech stuff and accidentally deleted my game.

I probably played some sort of game on the PC beforehand, but I think my first handheld game was Hamtaro 3: Ham Ham Heartbreak for the GBA. Or maybe Disney Princesses. One of them, at any rate. I was very little.

DOOM! c:

I remember it like it was yesterday even though I was quiiite young and had zilcho idea what I was doing. tongue.gif

I'd just run around from room to room and my cousins would frantically be mashing the mouse button since I was like.. four?? Or something and I didn't know you actually had to SHOOT the bad guys; I thought they just died as I blissfully pranced around the room LOL.

Probably the first Kingdom Hearts game. I got it, and a PS2 for my birthday way, way back when the PS2 was just new, and It's still one of my favorite games.

Super Mario Bros or Megaman 3. Both were on the NES that my brother had and I used to sit and play forever. Then I got a PS1 and all I played was Rayman, Spyro the Dragon, and Crash Bandicoot.

Good ol' days. Now, I've got all the Crash and Spyro games on my PS3. I still play them all the time.