Tiki G

Making Zombies Appear All Day

Well?  

348 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perhaps as an alternative, like the nocturnes, they could have a different sprite during the day -- it would look like a grave, but a little fancier (moss and such) so that it is clear that it's not a dead dragon.

I support this idea, but I don't really want the actual zombie hanging around my scroll 24/7. Zombies aren't really creatures of the sunlight, y'know?

I've gotten used to it wandering, as well- I just stuck it at the top of my scroll where it's easier to see and move around when it misplaces its self. It's usually mingling with my splits nowadays. It's an odd quirk that I've come to appreciate, and I think a permanent sprite would somehow take away from that bit of personality. Granted, it irritated me to no end for the longest time- but it's one of those things that you grow to love about something.

*randomly pops in*

I don't have any zombies as yet, and personally the thing thats put me off getting any is the fact that they simply aren't there/visible the majority of the time. I would be much happier about getting some if there was something to acknowledge their presence the whole time on a scroll. Even if that happened to be a badge (perhaps with a number indicating how many? very random, just off the top of my head) or a note saying "this scroll has x number of zombies or something.... Though I do like the tombstone idea, but I appreciate it probably won't happen due to TJ's previous no.

Every time there is a problem that concearns time zone and culture, the answer to everyone is everytime the same: DC is a U.S.A. site, so it will continue to refer to it's time zone/culture.

I am on the same time zone as DC, and I would like my zombies to be visible for a little longer. Like suggested, use the same time as the Nocturne dragons use. I almost never get to see my zombies. I agree with not having them visible all day. I don't see the problem with having them visible a little longer though.

There was a thread for this suggestion at one point, though I can't find it now. It was pretty popular, and even had a few mossy old headstone sprites as suggestions. I don't know what came of it in the end, though.

it was closed.

TJ came in himself and said no, that he wouldn't be doing any changes like that with the zombies. that was some time ago, though.

If I were to venture I guess, I would think it's because Zombies only appearing sometimes has to do with the way they are stored in the system, and that they would have to be majorly overhauled if they were to be changed.

However, such changes may perhaps pale in comparison to the new changes TJ just announced, so who knows?

Just wanted to clarify about the time zones thing...

I am on the same time as DC, that is why I don't see them. I'm just not a night owl, and while I am usually up by 6am, I'm getting ready to work and therefore not online. Even 9 or 10 pm to 4 or 6 am would allow me to see them once in a while. This is only a change of a few hours.

But, I don't mean to complain. I just support this idea of making them slightly more visible.

Just wanted to clarify about the time zones thing...

I am on the same time as DC, that is why I don't see them. I'm just not a night owl, and while I am usually up by 6am, I'm getting ready to work and therefore not online. Even 9 or 10 pm to 4 or 6 am would allow me to see them once in a while. This is only a change of a few hours.

But, I don't mean to complain. I just support this idea of making them slightly more visible.

MAYBE it would be possible to tie viewability onto whatever time zone you are signed up to ? NO idea if that would be a nightmare to code....

I don't think the sprites should show up all day - I'd prefer that the actual dragon sprite only showed up at night, but the gravestone showed up the rest of the day. I only have a zombie hatchling named Shreddedpaw, but she's one of my favorites and there have been times when I truly wonder if she's still there. xd.png

Perhaps as an alternative, like the nocturnes, they could have a different sprite during the day -- it would look like a grave, but a little fancier (moss and such) so that it is clear that it's not a dead dragon.

I find having my zombie vanish is part of what makes her special. However, I would love a special alt grave.

there could be random zombie outbreak weeks when zombies would randomly appear in people's scrolls, wilderness, AP and Biomes.

You'd have to click them and they would disappear, has if you killed it, since zombies are bad after all.

If he'd show up in your scroll he would not count in your dragon count. If you have 49 dragons you wouldn't get a badge if a zombie suddenly appeared in your scroll, after a while he would dissapear from your scroll or when you click it.

Same could happen for neglected s.

This would show the sprites more often to people and wouldn't do much else. Of course actually owned neglected s or zombies would still be the same way as before.

I would love this! I'm on cave time so I never get to see my Zombies. EVER. I'm always asleep.

I'm all for extending zombie hours to full Nocturne/Glory nighttimes.

This would be a nice compromise.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I'm all for extending zombie hours to full Nocturne/Glory nighttimes.

I would rather have this. I rather like the mysteriousness of the zombies disappearance, but I would like to see my zombie more often.

What their creators created them as. I believe it was TJ who commented before that they don't follow other zombie logic. :3

For reference:

/excuse the carrots

HAHAHAHA!! Socky you destroy me!!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/SibJf

ETA: oops, on topic, if I had one I guess I'd like to be able to see it a little more. So I'm for making it have the same hours as the Glories.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I think this can go two ways.

We can't control a zombie dragon's movement (though to me it's a pain in a butt) but if we could let the Zombie be on during the day, or depending on timeframe it can either appear during the day and it's tombstone can appear during the night.

If you ask me I don't see the point. If a Zombie dragon can't stay in its grave, then why should they even have one?

If you ask me, Zombie dragons aren't brainless, saying a dragon, even a half dead one is a understatement.

Perhaps the Zombies can go into their graves during night hours or alternate between visable or tombstone, but oh well

Personally, I think that if Vampire Dragons are visible during the day, Zombie Dragons should be too.

For the sake of compromise, I like the following ideas..

1. zombie specific gravestone

2. changing to the same hours as Nocturnes

3. having the zombies match the timezone of their owner

Since I've used Legacy Sort since the beginning, I've never had the 'wandering zombie' issue to deal with.. and I wouldn't want to deal with it, I would find it highly annoying.

And since everyone always want an RP reason for everything (no matter how stupid).. Zombies could be visible during daylight hours because they live in a cave; Dragon Cave. Therefore, they wouldn't be exposed to sunlight, so your various 'sunburn' theories can be ignored.

I find the moving pretty hilarious actually, considering I usually stick them Right next to each other (since they were mates in life) And every time I see them at night despite my resorting, they always have a dragon in between them. Don't know if they're fighting or hunting LOL.

As for the suggestion, I would like them to follow nocturne times. Just so I have enough time to appreciate their silly behavior.

I love my Zombies! IMHO, they are perfect just the way they are. Zombies are much more "special" than Vampires and there is no way that they can be compared. Nothing about a Zombie is like any other dragon. Just compare the difficulty creating them to creating a Vampire.

If they appeared more often, they would lose a big part of their appeal.

I think daylight has no true affect on them. Truly I kind of kind of all the Halloween dragons hiding because none of the normal dragons trust or like them, or even fear them.

For my Vampire Kazanna for example none of the female dragons like her because of what she is, and etc, many of mine don't like Darkness (my ungender (hand gendered female) Zombie hatchling) just because it being a Zombie.

I think the dragons that aren't bounded by the time, like the Vampires are, just choose to hide, and a natural Zombie doesn't neccessarily need to eat (eating people is only a movie thing, but think of it) why would a dead thing need food? even if it did eat would the food do it good and would a person want to see it's food in its' stomach?

I'm not being mean since I adore my Zombie hatchling, but still I think it's odd that they would need to be bounded

I rather like the nocturne-night-schedule idea. Keeps the whole 'oooh' factor of seeing one without being as hard to see as the current version. xd.png

Also wouldn't mind a tombstone during the day.

But as for the normal dragons appearing all day long--nghhh I dunno. I realize it's not conventional zombie fare for them to vanish with the daylight, but I really rather enjoy the wandering elusiveness of them. If they were just there all the time, they'd just be a normal albeit creepy breed. ;___;

The zombies only appearing at night is a nice idea, but it sucks for people like me who have several and always have to have a neat scroll (so reordering every night).

support, I support all the ideas that make custom sorting zombies easier xd.png

Eh, the zombie tombstone is a nice idea but I'd still like to be able to see them all the time. I like their sprites, and I think they look awesome with my other Halloween dragons, and not being able to see them all the time, and having to constantly move them every night is just ridiculous.

But maybe that's just me. *shrug*

I'm for either putting zombies on nocturne schedule or having them be up at all times of the day. I don't have one yet, but it would really be nice to see it once in awhile. I'm a little off of cave time, so I'd never get to see it if the zombies kept the same schedule as they have right now.

I love my Zombies! IMHO, they are perfect just the way they are. Zombies are much more "special" than Vampires and there is no way that they can be compared. Nothing about a Zombie is like any other dragon. Just compare the difficulty creating them to creating a Vampire.

If they appeared more often, they would lose a big part of their appeal.

This.

I'm very happy my Zombies wander and roam. Every so often I check to see where they've moseyed off to, and if I think they've wandered too far, I just sort them again at night.

Please don't stop my Restless Ones from their rounds. It's part of their charm.