lola92

Posting other's eggs

So i decided to make this topic....

I looked and i didn't see any of the likes so here it goes..

What do you think should be done with someone else posts your eggs when your not requesting the aid...

Does anyone understand that it is actually against site rules to posts other's eggs... or even hatchlings.

My opinion.. if you post someone's eggs without their permission your scroll should be burnt...

What is yours?

Problem is proving it, but hell yeah if you could do that, go for it >____>

/had an egg she was trying to keep an egg "helped"

How would they know who posted them though?

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Stunningfire

Problem is proving it, but hell yeah if you could do that, go for it >____>

/had an egg she was trying to keep an egg "helped"

↑I agree with this.

Burning scrolls seems pretty severe. Yeah, people should mind their own business and it says clearly that aid isn't allowed unless people choose to accept it, but that's like DC's version of capital punishment. If there's something I want to stay at its current level for any reason I just keep it fogged, I think I've had my stuff added to sites without my permission maybe once or twice, but nothing got sick so no harm done except annoyance.

I believe tj can see who gets on your scroll around the time of the spiking views..

i wouldn't mind if someone posted an er egg or whatever.. but when someone posts one of my hatchlings and makes the view hit - 39,784 18,711 87

Then something needs done...

Personally I am against such harsh punishments with the exception of people maliciously posting them with the intent to kill.

With the default set to no help, it makes people wonder if they really do want help, but just don't know how to change it, or are even aware the feature exists. As long as the default remains set to no help, I am against scroll burning for people helping eggs.

Edited by Nectaris

...WOW. I'd be almost impressed to have a dragon with THAT many views. Did it survive?

I doubt TJ can or will bother to check all th IPs who visited your scroll. If YOU put your eggs on fansites, that is YOU who have all the responsibility (you can just run them to er, and then actually er, right?). Just imagine how many users clicked your pretty eggs, while they were on the fansites. You want to burn all of them, or just a half? wink.gif Remember, TJ can't check what the user who once visited your scroll did at any other sites (where they probably posted it).

I really understand your frustration, and I'm sorry for your egg/hatchie, but it's not a method to solve the problem. I don't think anything can actually be done, unless TJ will remove sickness at all. My opinion: we need less "burn them!" arguments, that's just a game after all.

Edited by Outer Space

...WOW. I'd be almost impressed to have a dragon with THAT many views. Did it survive?

no it died... so i'm left with the very ugly tomb stone on my scroll for 2 weeks...

no it died... so i'm left with the very ugly tomb stone on my scroll for 2 weeks...

that's too bad. But you probably could've caught it in time when it got sick if you'd noticed early on, no way an egg could get that many views THAT fast even if they stuck it in every site in existence.

Some sites may have a way of telling what user puts the eggs into the site - instead of relying on "who was looking at your scroll at the time" - but it does seem like a risky effort especially for something as severe punishment as scroll burning.

that's too bad. But you probably could've caught it in time when it got sick if you'd noticed early on, no way an egg could get that many views THAT fast even if they stuck it in every site in existence.

Some sites may have a way of telling what user puts the eggs into the site - instead of relying on "who was looking at your scroll at the time" - but it does seem like a risky effort especially for something as severe punishment as scroll burning.

I was sleeping..

Fog them every night smile.gif That way if people put them in fansites without your knowledge they drop out again - and anyway you can keep an eye on them. I do that ever since I had 4 eggs killed in one night by view bombing.

I doubt if TJ can tell who put your eggs on some fansite or other though.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Burning is a bit extreme, especially when we're talking about people who maybe don't know the rules posting it around. Or perhaps they knew the rules fairly well and killed it maliciously. It happens. Tried reviving it yet?

Some form of punishment for such acts would be nice, however there is first the problem of WHO posted it, and second of all, what would be appropriate? Maybe preventing the offender from picking up any further eggs for a week or something? but you're still left with the first problem of whom to blame.

I doubt TJ can or will bother to check all th IPs who visited your scroll. If YOU put your eggs on fansites, that is YOU who have all the responsibility (you can just run them to er, and then actually er, right?). Just imagine how many users clicked your pretty eggs, while they were on the fansites. You want to burn all of them, or just a half? wink.gif Remember, TJ can't check what the user who once visited your scroll did at any other sites (where they probably posted it).

I really understand your frustration, and I'm sorry for your egg/hatchie, but it's not a method to solve the problem. I don't think anything can actually be done, unless TJ will remove sickness at all. My opinion: we need less "burn them!" arguments, that's just a game after all.

We're talking about other people adding your eggs to fansites, not someone's eggs getting sick because the user added them to a fansite.

I almost lost my Mod Mayhem set last year because someone tried to kill them, the person watching my scroll at the time had only added them to one fansite(I was out of state at my cousin's wedding) and I came home to find them with over 13k views.

I'd say burning is a bit extreme, but they should be punished in some way if it can be proven. It is, after all, against the rules. If you break those rules, especially with the intent to harm another's scroll, shouldn't you be punished for it?

Edited by Seraphinu

We're talking about other people adding your eggs to fansites, not someone's eggs getting sick because the user added them to a fansite.

Yes, but just imagine you're an admin. You're manually checking IPs of scroll's visitors, like you don't have other things to do. How would you make difference between a person who once visited the scroll, copied codes and posted them elsewhere and a person who clicked the egg from the fansite? I don't think the OP wasn't using the fansites at all, right? That is that - you can't prove anything, so burning scrolls is probably a very bad idea.

EDIT: It makes me worry a bit, how members would like to punish and punish; that doesn't look good. The best I can advice is keeping your eggs fogged, and er them manually, at least, if you suspect smb is trying to kill them intentionally.

Edited by Outer Space

The only way I can see to have proof is to start requiring registration for fansites. And I know people don't want to have to register, but it would be very easy then to tell if someone added your scroll to a fansite without permission.

The only way I can see to have proof is to start requiring registration for fansites. And I know people don't want to have to register, but it would be very easy then to tell if someone added your scroll to a fansite without permission.

Really? How? You should not only add registration, but synchronize Fansite accounts with the DC accounts then. Otherwise, I can post anyone's scroll, and you can't prove anything. Think about DailyDragonFix, for example: you could post anyone's eggs there.

Anyway, with the stats OP mentioned, I highly doubt we're dealing with the regular fansites. That should be some sort of AutoRefresher, or Click Exchange site; normal fansites can't get such massive amount of views in a day. Thus, again, you can't do anything, but try to be cautious and save yourself.

Edited by Outer Space

What I think wasn't mentioned was how occasionally, LiT posted hatchlings or eggs are just that - posted LiT. People get upset enough to post that they're lost, and then they get viewbombed to death with 10K+ UVs. I don't think that's a coincidence, especially when it comes to the types of things posted LiT. In most viewbombing cases, it's "If I can't have it NOBODY can!" rather than a legit form of "Oh, let me help it grow."

And forgive me if I'm wrong, but if someone posted LiT for something and it died, I think I'd know who I want to get burned. I mean, if I catch something I don't have to give it back. If it mysteriously dies after someone throws a ragefit at me for catching faster than them, hm, I wonder.

Not everyone uses fansites you know, there are some people who do it the old fashioned way, by putting them in signatures in forums. How would you regulate them?

Anyway, with the stats OP mentioned, I highly doubt we're dealing with the regular fansites. That should be some sort of AutoRefresher, or Click Exchange site; normal fansites can't get such massive amount of views in a day. Thus, again, you can't do anything, but try to be cautious and save yourself.

That or posting them on multiple sites, which could have contributed to the massive viewbomb.

But I agree that burning is extreme - it's more than a bit extreme. It's also going on the assumption that whoever plugged the egg codes or the scroll actually has a scroll themselves, which may not be the case. Going on top of the issue of whodunnit - it's a pretty massive process.

Really? How? You should not only add registration, but synchronize Fansite accounts with the DC accounts then. Otherwise, I can post anyone's scroll, and you can't prove anything. Think about DailyDragonFix, for example: you could post anyone's eggs there.

simple- you would have to login to add, and add through scroll-name.

I don't know much about coding, but wouldn't a site be able to track that?

And I know it doesn't solve every problem, but I think it would help.

Edited by Seraphinu

What I think wasn't mentioned was how occasionally, LiT posted hatchlings or eggs are just that - posted LiT. People get upset enough to post that they're lost, and then they get viewbombed to death with 10K+ UVs. I don't think that's a coincidence, especially when it comes to the types of things posted LiT. In most viewbombing cases, it's "If I can't have it NOBODY can!" rather than a legit form of "Oh, let me help it grow."

And forgive me if I'm wrong, but if someone posted LiT for something and it died, I think I'd know who I want to get burned. I mean, if I catch something I don't have to give it back. If it mysteriously dies after someone throws a ragefit at me for catching faster than them, hm, I wonder.

Well, but even in this case it just stays an assumption. You can't burn the previous owner of the rare egg which died from the viewbombing, only because they had it before. May be we should stop the burning theme? I would rather ask T.J. to consider changing sickness regime. For example, an egg can't get sick, if it doesn't get views repeatedly 6 or more hours. Thus, you have time to wake up and fog it before it gets sick, and interrupt the view gain.

EDIT: Seraphinu, the site will track that you have logged in and added some scroll. May be yours, may be not. Anyway, I insist, a normal fansite CAN"T do viewbombing, even if I put the egg everywhere.

Edited by Outer Space

I've accidentally gotten eggs sick by adding them to three sites too early. It's not that hard to get a egg sick, trust me. If it stays sick, generally it will die.

Well, but even in this case it just stays an assumption. You can't burn the previous owner of the rare egg which died from the viewbombing, only because the had it before. May be we should stop the burning theme? I would rather ask T.J. to consider changing sickness regime. For example, an egg can't get sick, if it doesn't get views repeatedly 6 or more hours. Thus, you have time to wake up and fog it before it gets sick, and interrupt the view gain.

Yeah, but you gotta admit it's a pretty good guess for who would be butthurt enough to kill it. If you have an angryface PM, you do have proof for why, as well. I'm not saying burn them outright. I'm saying keep track of things like this - and if it happens again, it's probably not a coincidence.

On another note, I like your suggestion, but it doesn't quite make sense to me. I'm getting that you want it to stop gaining views for a few hours if it's sick; is that right?