Saartje

Lineage Advice

Posted (edited)

Just an update: I decided to make my Sweetling line go with Speckle Throated, Aria, Rosebud and the Black Tea. Three lineages for 1 dragon :)

So, both Sweetlings will have 4 mates.

Sunsongs are so beautiful, such a good choice. I've loved how they look but cannot find a dragon that would look as beautiful with them in a lineage. Sunset dragon comes close, pargulus is adorable with them, not my personal preference but I believe pargulus might be a higher rarity if you decide to use them. :)

Edited by ladyangeliki

ive had this 2g SAkin for a while just sitting there because im not sure what to do with her. absolutely stumped, actually. any ideas??? i have a LOT of female SAkins , so my usual plan to breed two 2gs together and call it a day may not really work that well.. especially since i cant find anything nice to go with it. so i need to plan an actual lineage, but i have no idea what to do here! can someone help?

14 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

ive had this 2g SAkin for a while just sitting there because im not sure what to do with her. absolutely stumped, actually. any ideas??? i have a LOT of female SAkins , so my usual plan to breed two 2gs together and call it a day may not really work that well.. especially since i cant find anything nice to go with it. so i need to plan an actual lineage, but i have no idea what to do here! can someone help?

I think something kind of mirroring the colors might be nice, so here are a couple of ideas (it's just what came to mind first)

1421062047_PastedGraphic1.png.d3fa08d35c2de3cb343f17569a7c69ea.png1794516786_PastedGraphic.png.47dd5607e12b01b2cfabd23d77eb67d5.png

15 hours ago, smartster4 said:

I think something kind of mirroring the colors might be nice, so here are a couple of ideas (it's just what came to mind first)

1421062047_PastedGraphic1.png.d3fa08d35c2de3cb343f17569a7c69ea.png

oh wow! those fire gems look WONDERFUL! i'm going to be doing this combination, thank you so much!

3 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

oh wow! those fire gems look WONDERFUL! i'm going to be doing this combination, thank you so much!

You're welcome! :D 

Posted (edited)

I need some quick advice so I can influence this egg (influence will be based on my decision of mate).

I can choose one of the following as a mate for this egg:

Penk Seagull mate

Or

Meteoric Noodle mate

Or

Silky Spirit mate

Or

Moonlit Element mate

Or

Gentlest Dawn mate

It looks like the ideal mate would have Blacks, Valentines (possibly Sweetlings and Alt Sweetlings), and Whites, with possibly a splash of grey or cream. I don’t have the perfect mate, so I am looking for something that will blend.

Thanks in advance! :)

ETA: I went with the first choice. Thanks, ConfusedCat! ^_^

Edited by missy_

@missy_ I think the first one looks best.

Also note that the third one would be inbred, in case you care about that. (The CB Mistletoe that appears twice is marked with a red border in the lineage viewer.)

16 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

@missy_ I think the first one looks best.

Also note that the third one would be inbred, in case you care about that. (The CB Mistletoe that appears twice is marked with a red border in the lineage viewer.)

Thank you, @Confused Cat! I must be tired. I asked it to “highlight visible inbreeding” and then didn’t even notice the inbreeding. XD

I like the first one as well.  I like it best (so far) because it contains Heartseekers that go well with the alt Sweetling and Alt Black Sweetling; both lineages contain cream and/or white; both have a Caligene in the base; and overall the colors seem to blend better than some of the other choices.

Can anyone help me for my lyrical lineage project? I can't decide the order of the lyrics, I came up some ideas but this could be confusing when reading it...

1. The top half reads from top to bottom and right to left, the bottom half reads from top to bottom and left to right

https://i.imgur.com/QGlfDTy.jpg

2. The entire lineage reads from top to bottom and right to left (this is the order I usually use, but the G1 dragons are further away, this is kinda hard to read)

https://i.imgur.com/41uABXe.jpg

3. The entire lineage reads from top to bottom and left to right

https://i.imgur.com/sZaUipl.jpg

Here is a blank one and you can label it if you have different ideas:

https://i.imgur.com/JcBYhTr.jpg

The song is related to mermaids so the lineage is fishtail shaped :) I'm going to use cantormaris dragons.

The top/bottom split gets too confusing imo, I do like the left to right for this though.

i also need some help on a lyrical lineage project— i can’t decide which breeds to use for this song!

i was thinking maybe storm riders for one, but usually i like to have more than one breed if i can, any ideas on what i should use here? undecided pattern yet, i need to figure out how many lines there will be before i do that. 

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i also need some help on a lyrical lineage project— i can’t decide which breeds to use for this song!

i was thinking maybe storm riders for one, but usually i like to have more than one breed if i can, any ideas on what i should use here? undecided pattern yet, i need to figure out how many lines there will be before i do that. 

If you do Storm Riders, how about another hybrid to go with them, like Soulpeace (lighter, for a contrasting look) or Nobleshield (darker, more of a matching look)? 

I always think double-hybrid lineages look extra nice because that way the weirdness in the first gen will be balanced.

Edited by sorenna

On 4/19/2021 at 11:17 AM, sorenna said:

If you do Storm Riders, how about another hybrid to go with them, like Soulpeace (lighter, for a contrasting look) or Nobleshield (darker, more of a matching look)? 

I always think double-hybrid lineages look extra nice because that way the weirdness in the first gen will be balanced.

thank you! 

I'm planning a lineage project, a stairstep with white dragons and maybe paired with CB undines so I could end with a hybrid. But then I realized I could also use daydream dragons, and those are easier to catch. I'm not sure. What do you think would look better?

11 hours ago, MeHasToe said:

I'm planning a lineage project, a stairstep with white dragons and maybe paired with CB undines so I could end with a hybrid. But then I realized I could also use daydream dragons, and those are easier to catch. I'm not sure. What do you think would look better?

Both. :lol: Alternate between Daydream and Undine? Make 2 stairs, one up and one down so you use both genders of Whites?

However, I have seen plenty of Undines in the cave recently, so I don't think they're going to be a problem. Good luck! :)

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Both. :lol: Alternate between Daydream and Undine? Make 2 stairs, one up and one down so you use both genders of Whites?

However, I have seen plenty of Undines in the cave recently, so I don't think they're going to be a problem. Good luck! :)

That's a great idea, thanks.

I need an advice about a lineage. I have a 3rd gen Aegis x mageia from spriter's alt grandfather. Since I would hardly be able to find another spriter's descendant I decided to create a 3rd gen from enraged Aegis as a mate instead.

My question is, do you think it would look better this way, with a 3rd gen kemaro

747569289_Screenshot2021-12-02at01-51-52Lineage(mFopK).png.9dd34e9cb3d864ab91f9cf1dbd012ff9.png

Or with a 3rd gen mageia?

Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 01-53-07 Lineage Viewer and Generation Counter The Allure of Neglected Dragons.png

1 minute ago, Iside said:

Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 01-53-07 Lineage Viewer and Generation Counter The Allure of Neglected Dragons.png

I like the mageia better!

14 hours ago, Iside said:

Seconded on the Mageia, although you could always look at a pyro xeno.

Hmm, thinking about this misgendered Halloween. Its a skywing, I am considering trying a deadline/Zombline from Bluna?

CDD38A47-30BB-4054-91D8-193A6583180A.jpeg.b0f8f28232754c83180156d4473d367d.jpeg

The sea serpent would be getting killed this year at Christmas. Does this seem better than just a Khoraki x Skywing. It would be a good excuse to use a Bluna x Hallow line XD 

@Ruffledfeathers

If you want to do a Zombie lineage, you could try to kill the Skywings, giving you a lineage with male Zombies as base.

I just checked my 2nd gen Zombie offspring and found I could breed you an offspring of https://dragcave.net/lineage/hKsw5 with one of my other 2Gs, although I don't have a female 2g Skywing or Bluna from male Zombie yet.

But maybe you could opt for some other 2G to turn into a Zombie kid as mate for the prospective Kohraki Zombie kid?

Here are my 2G Zombie kids as inspiration: https://dragcave.net/group/18746

Edited by Astreya

59 minutes ago, Astreya said:

I just checked my 2nd gen Zombie offspring and found I could breed you an offspring of https://dragcave.net/lineage/hKsw5 with one of my other 2Gs, although I don't have a female 2g Skywing or Bluna from male Zombie yet.

Ooh, that is pretty nice! I do not own the skywing parent, though! But it has given me ideas in future as I am pursuing zombie lines now. :D Thanks, the look so good!