toxicneon

Game of Thrones

TBH, I'm hoping they don't include the battle scenes. What makes ASOIAF so compelling for me is that the battles happen but it's not the heroes on the field that win; most of what's important are the political and personal machinations that set up everything long before thousands of people fight uselessly. Even winning a war doesn't make you successful. The plotline requires why the battles happen and what their impact on the outside characters' actions are, not what happens in the battles 90% of the time.

So with the budget, I'd rather they shoot awesome character scenes or worldbuilding C:

So excited for season 2, i'm still reading the 5th book very slowly just in case we have to wait another 5 years for the next one xd.png

TBH, I'm hoping they don't include the battle scenes. What makes ASOIAF so compelling for me is that the battles happen but it's not the heroes on the field that win; most of what's important are the political and personal machinations that set up everything long before thousands of people fight uselessly. Even winning a war doesn't make you successful. The plotline requires why the battles happen and what their impact on the outside characters' actions are, not what happens in the battles 90% of the time.

So with the budget, I'd rather they shoot awesome character scenes or worldbuilding C:

I DO hope that they'll include the battle at the Blackwater Rush in all its fiery glory.

That's pretty much the only battle in the series that I cared for.

Edited by lightbird

I just finished the first book, so now I feel safe watching the first season and I'm excited by what I've seen from previews! I just started on the 2nd book and I'm hoping to fly through it, but with school and stuff now... well we'll see. But quick question, does the show hold up to the books? Or does it skip over a lot of stuff like other movies/shows based off books do?

I really enjoyed this last season until Drogo was killed off. I am a big fan of Jason Momoa's and with him gone I might not want to watch it any more.

I really enjoyed this last season until Drogo was killed off. I am a big fan of Jason Momoa's and with him gone I might not want to watch it any more.

Then you have odd values for what makes a show good. There is so much more to the story than just the Dany storyline.

Then you have odd values for what makes a show good. There is so much more to the story than just the Dany storyline.

They may be odd to you but not to me. And I know there are other storylines to this series.

So what does everyone think of S2 so far..granted it just started.

The series is really living up to expectation! Even though the second season has just started, I have a good feeling xd.png

I'm interested to see just how much dragon we'll see in this series, because although they are very important, will they be shown that much? When you think about it, they're not truly that present in any of the books and only have a few scenes, but are more referred to than truly witnessed. It should be interesting!

(Dread seeing more of Sansa's scenes later in the series, poor baby ;n; )

S2 is looking good, I really enjoyed the first episode of this season. smile.gif

I enjoyed it as well even though I have not read the books. Though I am confused about who the other red haired female is...not the "King's" mom but the other one we see down at the beach I think it was.

I enjoyed it as well even though I have not read the books. Though I am confused about who the other red haired female is...not the "King's" mom but the other one we see down at the beach I think it was.

Melisandre is a red priestress from Asshai. I could tell more, but that would be spoiling it for those who haven't read the books. :B

The series is still very good, however, after rereading the books last summer I'm really missing much of the, uh, poetry of it, which probably just doesn't translate well to the screen, especially with so many involved characters. .__.

Edited by lightbird

Melisandre is a red priestess from Asshai. I could tell more, but that would be spoiling it for those who haven't read the books. :B

Thanks for the info. Was she in season 1? I don't remember her at all in it. And I have never read any of the books and I am still enjoying it.

No, Melisandre only appears starting from A Clash of Kings.

Finally seen last week's episode.

I really, really dislike Joffrey. What a nasty little sod.

I found a nice comparison for people who have only watched the series, you are like sweet summer children. :'D

That said, I decided to currently abandon watching s2, I'll probably catch up when the whole season has come out, because I dislike how dispersed it seems now, how the characters lack depth in comparison to their book counterparts, it just doesn't feel worth the week-long wait for a new episode. :|

I don't think a spanking would cut it.

A long painful death then?

I have decided that I am going to wait until the book series is finished (not including side storys like this Dunk and Egg thing I've heard about) before buying and reading them. That's because I'd hate to get so immersed in a series and then have to wait a few years to find out what happens next. Harry Potter 4 & 6 near damn killed me xd.png

@ Jedi: That'll do happy.gif

Terrible thing to wish on a 14/15 year old boy, but meh.

@ Jedi: That'll do happy.gif

Terrible thing to wish on a 14/15 year old boy, but meh.

Glad to hear it wink.gif

Not after what he has done to others it's not.

I don't think a spanking would cut it.

Perhaps slapping then? It probaly won't make him any less psychotic, but it would sure entertain me - I know

always makes me feel better. xd.png Edited by stagazer_7