toxicneon

Game of Thrones

So it's already been speculated? Cool. It's not just me reading too much into stuff then happy.gif

I apologise for the double post but I need to ask.

Does Danny lose the baby?

I apologise for the double post but I need to ask.

Does Danny lose the baby?

Highlight: Yes, and she's deemed infertile after that as well. She will get some different... children, if you may call them that way, though.

Another doublepost, another bump.

Saw the final episode last night. Baby Dragons were so cute! I wish Drogo hadn't died though.

Also, what the hell is Cersei's deal? Wasn't that her cousin?

Only want to say one word AWESOME. This is THE BEST series I have watched in can't remember when.

The story; production; and actors are all "spot" on. From what friends who have read the first book say the series is as close to them as possible albeit condensed somewhat.

Saw the final episode ... AWESOME. The second season of the HBO series begins production at the end of July and will begin in the Spring 2012 (which should give me enough time to read the books)

Glad I found this thread. Thank you toxicneon for starting it.

Is the next book out yet?

5th book comes out in less than a month, iirc.

Just finished watching the last episode. Kinda hard to believe that the ending, although I knew it from the 1st book, made my eyes somewhat moist, but it did. D:

And the bone-chilling hatchling screams. Epicawesomesauce.

Can't wait for season 2, it will have many awesome new characters and storylines. And I should reread the books as well, since I've forgotten a LOT of details.

A Dance of Dragons release date is July 12th according to B & N site. Not much longer.

Speaking of reading too much into stuff:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/ASongOfIceAndFire

^ good summary (hard to think it's a summary .__.) of the speculation going on for this series. Please note, full of spoilers if you haven't read up to AFoC.

OMG, that page. O_O

I HAVE to reread the books now, as soon as I'm done with rereading some Robin Hobb stuffs.

Every time I reread the books, I pick up something new I missed before. I haven't read the first book in so long, so the series was almost new to me. The ending is so awesome. I'm foaming at the mouth for the 5th book. I must find out what happened to Arya!!

Also that link has a whole lot of crack theories. o_0 You might want to check out http://towerofthehand.com/essays/ for more convincing theories.

Edited by toxicneon

I had to share ~

user posted image

Go Imp go. I loved when the kid said i will tell MoM and got slapped in the face again.

I was never a fan of fantasy or the whole Camelot time period in general until now. The only fantasy I've ever been into is Harry Potter and that's not considered REAL fantasy like Lord of the Rings. My boyfriend saw the previews for Camelot and Game of Thrones so we started watching. I am in love with both, but Game of Thrones really pulled me in. I am obsessed now lol. After the season finale I picked up the first book. Love the book too! I'm currently reading it and can't wait to breeze through so I can finally get to book 5.

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! Great news people! Game of Thrones has been nominated in 13 categories for the 2011 Emmy Awards, including the much coveted Best Drama nomination. Congratulations to all the nominees! To check out the rest of the categories, GO HERE. Tune in Sunday, September 18th at 9/8c on FOX for the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards.

I had to share ~

user posted image

Joff: I'm gonna tell mom.

Tyrion: No, you're my censorkip.gif*!

/shot

Woo, the show deserves the nominations, even though now that I'm rereading the books before attending to A Dance With Dragons, I do feel that it was a somewhat downgraded version of the first book. I agree to one review that said that since the books are so much about war they shouldn't have conveniently skipped over all the battle scenes, especially since they did such good CGI on the dragons. The author of that review specifically nitpicked on the fact that Drogo's khalasar is 40k-strong, but you never see more than 10-20 riders on the screen at any given time. :b

Edited by lightbird

Joff: I'm gonna tell mom.

Tyrion: No, you're my censorkip.gif*!

/shot

Woo, the show deserves the nominations, even though now that I'm rereading the books before attending to A Dance With Dragons, I do feel that it was a somewhat downgraded version of the first book. I agree to one review that said that since the books are so much about war they shouldn't have conveniently skipped over all the battle scenes, especially since they did such good CGI on the dragons. The author of that review specifically nitpicked on the fact that Drogo's khalasar is 40k-strong, but you never see more than 10-20 riders on the screen at any given time. :b

I haven't finished the first book yet, but in an interview that I read, the directors said that yea there's battle scenes but they're not in depth. The show is very expensive, so since the battles weren't super important, they left them out b/c of time and financial reasons. Read the interview HERE. I'm fine with it if George R.R. Martin is, which he is b/c he wouldn't work with anyone unless they made everything exactly how he wanted. They are planning on adding battles in the second season however. Also, IMO, I don't think it's that important they didn't get 40k extras for Drogo's khalasar, it's jut not necessary. But that's just me.

ETA I wouldn't say the show is a downgrade, there's just obviously a lot more details in the book that would be impossible to include, and details that if left out, would not really make a difference. People who never read won't miss those details, and people who did read still understand what's going on.

Edited by kissxthestarz

CGI for Drogo's khalasar? o3o

And I hope they will do some battles in season 2, because, for one, they definitely shouldn't leave out the battle at the Blackwater in the second half of book two. It was EPIC and changed some things about some characters' lives. And had lots of fire. o3o

Edited by lightbird

To those who have read the books, how big do Danny's dragons grow?

I think they were some dog-sized during A Storm of Swords? Dragons grow indefinitely, but slowly.

Edited by lightbird

I have no idea what the time frame is for the series, so is that a year later? Two years? I know the TV series tended to jump several months between episodes, but the books might not be the same.

I have no idea what the time frame is for the series, so is that a year later? Two years? I know the TV series tended to jump several months between episodes, but the books might not be the same.

I've already forgotten. D:

I think Sansa is 12 going on 13 in the 3rd book (she was 11 in GoT) , but I've not gotten that far in my rereading streak.

I guess I'll have to wait and find out.

I've got a new opinion of Sansa. I always thought she was a bit useless but when she was thinking about giving Joffrey his I got a new level of respect for her.

I love you avatar BTW smile.gif