toxicneon

Game of Thrones

... He did that before, as everybody else did. At this point in the books, his army was separated into three parts. And, Tywin Lannistar also had three armies (Jaime, Tywin and Kevan). As long as there is somebody to lead them everything should be okay. Even if they did get into an ambush, Robb wouldn't be able to do a thing there.

Fighting battles is only one part of winning a war, you need to look at the political aspects of things as well.

I haven't read the books so I have to go off the TV shows, but look waht happened during the Battle of Blackwater. When Joffrey ran off to hide his men started to lose morale. He wasn't on the field fighting with them, but the moment he vanished his army were getting ready to chuck it all in. Thankfully Tyrion was on hand to pick up the slack.

Having someone competent to lead you into battle is all well and good, but at the end of the day you want to know that the person you are fighting for is nearby and actually giving a damn.

Rob might be winning the battles, but politically things are getting screwed up. He sent Theon for aid even when warned that it was a bad idea, he lost Jaime (yes that was his mother's fault, but he's tainted by association), he broke his promise to the Frey's to marry a daughter of their house, he married a woman that was working for the opposite side and now's he toddling off to a funeral despite all advice to the contrary.

Sooner or later it's all going to bite him in the butt.

That situation was different. They were under siege and on a loosing side. The whole city hates Lannisters (especially Tyrion) and they hate Joffrey - I mean, he's the boy that shoot hungry people in front of his gates and then gave them to the rest of the city as food.

Robb, from the other side, has been with his army the whole time, is a Ned Stark's son that everybody loved and his grandfather died. They won every battle, with or without him, are army so they are well fed. And, they wouldn't be fighting - they would just be marching without him.

Sooner or later it's all going to bite him in the butt.

*cries* Just wait for it.

That's the thing. Marching can quickly turn into fighting. It might not be an ambush, maybe they can see the enemy coming, but only having half your army to face them or hold them off isn't going to help.

What I am trying to say is that he shouldn't be paying his respects to a dead man when thousands under his command are trying to stay alive.

Not when Jamie's army is destroyed, Tywin's army is at King's Landing and I'm not sure if Kevan's exists in TV verse. Right now, the only danger for him in the riverlands are Freys, and by the time his army reached Harrenhall, Freys were behind them a long time ago. To be honest, marching back is putting them in bigger danger then marching forward or just staying at Harrenhall.

I think we can at least agree that Rob's newest move is a fail xd.png

I also don't want him to go to Riverrun, but let's face it - he's a lawful Stark and there's no way that he would miss his grandfather's funeral, especially since he missed his father's. But yes, there was a ton of better ways to do it.

I admit I have lost track of where everyone's armys are (I'm not even 100% sure which bannermen are working for who), but Tyrion being at King's Landing has me worried.

Is he there because the city's own forces are so badly decimated that he had to stay after Blackwater to protect it, or is he there because he knows something everyone else doesn't?

I read the books recently in my own language (first time it was in English), so I have a clear picture where everything is tongue.gif

Tywin is King's Hand - he'd be staying in the city either way. But yes, he does know something. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if this season ended on an event in which he participated.

I know he is the Hand, but he had no problem giving that duty to Tyrion when he was fighing Rob. Does he feel that Rob is no longer the biggest problem?

Renly is dead, Stannis is busy recovering, Danny is an ocean away and....I've forgotten if there is anyone else causing problems.

This is what happens when Seasons are so far apart xd.png

At that time, Renly and Stannis were in the game and Rob had Freys.

Let's just say that some battles are won with paper instead of swords.

And, they don't even know anything about Danny - last they heard was that she was alive and pregnant.

If you want me to say clearly what's going to happen, just PM me - no reason to spoil the rest of the thread (if that's possible).

Thank you, but I'll pass. I know a few things because of Wikipedia, but I like trying to work some things out from current perspective (in this case being the show).

Anyway, so we are agreed that Rob is still a threat, or at least could be considered to be. Tywin not worrying about him means that something is up.

As for Danny, you have a point there. I know that Jorah was the main spy, but since he has switched sides it must be harder for them to keep tabs on her.

Edited by Fortune86

Just a quick reminder - it's Tywin and Jorah.

The event that's up gave me a nightmare once dry.gif

Right now, they don't have anyone else to keep an eye on her, since the people in Westeros don't care about slave cities, and up till now, Danny only had her riders around her.

((I knew that >.> <.< >.>))

I just want to see Danny's dragons get big and kill people D:

But I don't know why they had him come to Harrenhall, then.

Oh good I'm not the only one who doesn't understand what in the world was Robb doing at Harrenhall.

I'm guessing it was more added for the "irony" effect that Arya ran away from there to look for her family and they end up at Harrenhall anyway.

Fortune86: If they stay true to the books you might get some dragon action soon wink.gif

Edit:

The season is definitely ending with that event it's pretty much confirmed.It was already heavily hinted if you ask me. Look at what Tywin is doing in the first episode when he's talking to Tyrion. It's nothing obvious, but if you know what to look for...

Edited by Isuzu

... I'm an idiot. I completely forgot that Theon took over the North *facepalm* That means that he has to go back to win the North. And, it also means that he isn't a danger at the moment to the Lannisters.

In that context, making a quick detour to Ruverrun with his army is completely accetable.

Sorry for typos, I'm on mobile right now.

Eta: accordig to the trailers there will be some dragoj action soon, probably in the next two ep. Vut no ridg for a long time, though.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Huh? Robb doesn't need to go take back the North. The letter Roose Bolton delivered said that by the time Ramsay got to Winterfell, the Ironborn were gone. Castle burned and people dead but Winterfell was definitely not under Ironborn rule anymore.

Where is Theon anyway? Last I saw of him he was being carried off by his own men. Weren't they taking him back to the Iron Islands?

Where is Theon anyway? Last I saw of him he was being carried off by his own men. Weren't they taking him back to the Iron Islands?

It's probably going to be explained soon.

I'm thinking that entire part was left ambiguous on purpose, but if you want to know, maybe we should take this to PM so as to not spoil something for others.xd.png

No, no, that's okay. smile.gif

I was just wondering if I had missed something mentioned in the show. If it hasn't been explained yet, then that's why I don't know.

They showed Theon in the last episode.

I'm mixing book and series canon. In the books, the Winterfell was returned much, much later. And, the Winterfell is not the only place in the North. The Ironmen are holding Moat Cailin and the coast.

Sorry, I meant how did he get to there from Winterfell with his soliders? Where did his men go?

Edit: Again I should point out that I'm not after any actual answers unless it has been explained in show and I somehow missed it.

Edited by Fortune86

His men are dead. Anything else would be spoilers (but do remember what Roose Bolton said in the last episode - there's your answer).

I wishing I didn't delete the episode from my sky planner now. I need to re-watch it.

I wishing I didn't delete the episode from my sky planner now. I need to re-watch it.

Funny thing is, somebody already mentioned it in the last couple of posts.

Don't worry, at the current pace you'll probably find out in the next episode.

I have the attention span of a goldfish and the memory of a sieve. I regulary miss/forget stuff.