toxicneon

Game of Thrones

I have decided that I am going to wait until the book series is finished (not including side storys like this Dunk and Egg thing I've heard about) before buying and reading them. That's because I'd hate to get so immersed in a series and then have to wait a few years to find out what happens next.

Pfft, I hope that GRRM doesn't die before that, at the pace he's going now.

I waited four years for A Dance With Dragons, and there was a total of a six year wait for that book after A Feast For Crows. :u

Edited by lightbird

Pfft, I hope that GRRM doesn't die before that, at the pace he's going now.

I waited four years for A Dance With Dragons, and there was a total of a six year wait for that book after A Feast For Crows. :u

That's one of the reasons why I love Terry Pratchett so much. A new book nearly every year happy.gif

But yeah, the death of the author before the final book is published would utterly suck. I'm only watching the TV series at the moment, but I would hate for it to be canceled or have a thrown in ending.

I hate Joffrey, and absolutely love that slapping scene biggrin.gif So deserved!

That's one of the reasons why I love Terry Pratchett so much. A new book nearly every year happy.gif

But yeah, the death of the author before the final book is published would utterly suck. I'm only watching the TV series at the moment, but I would hate for it to be canceled or have a thrown in ending.

I'm kind of hoping the TV series will give him the drive to write a little faster, so the gap between the books won't be so long.

Also, for all you who are waiting for the next episode, perhaps a GoT parody will keep you entertained until monday:

There's one parody for each episode of the season 1 and they've also started doing season 2.

What's with Bran and the weird dreams he is having?

I have the books and have read -and reread them numerous times. But was not able to watch the series on TV as it is for a channel that we don't get due to having to pay extra for it and usually means paying to have other channels thrown into the package.

However, bought the first season on DVD. From what I've seen it is a wonderful portrayal of the books. Love Tyrion, both in the show and in the book, actually all the characters even the ones I don't care for like Viserys are well done and impressive in the show.

Having read the books I know what is coming for Lord Stark and the others.

Jedi40: Bran's dreams will make more sense later on, consider them as sort of a prophecy dream. His dreams are trying to show/teach him something.

I loved the first season and was amazed by how close it followed the book. The second season seems to follow the second book more 'freely', but I don't think that is a bad thing. I loved all the different twists and turns in the plotlines (for example Arya's) but I understand the need for combining some of them. And, it does make me more excited to see the following episodes to see how they will develop the changed storylines.

Jedi40: Bran's dreams will make more sense later on, consider them as sort of a prophecy dream. His dreams are trying to show/teach him something.

Thanks for the info on Bran's dreams. I see he see's himself walking in them, does that mean he will walk again in the real world as well?

Seen last Monday's episode (why do I have to wait so long? T-T) and I thought it was hilarious when Tyrion saw the street preacher. My favourite scene so far xd.png

I loved it that not only did Joffrey get a cow pie in the face but Tyrion hit him again laugh.gif

Was last night the last episode for the season? I didn't see a preview for next weeks at the end.

@ Jedi40 There's still one more episode to go. smile.gif

I just finished watching the latest episode a short while back and I loved it - The Rains of Castamere man, The Rains of Castamere. <3

Thanks for the info.

Is Tyrion dead or just wounded? Love the ambush he came up with using the wildfire.

Thanks for the info.

Is Tyrion dead or just wounded? Love the ambush he came up with using the wildfire.

Yes, that scene was awesome in the books and in the show itself (there are differences of course, but the show pulled it of pretty well). smile.gif

And to answer your question - since I don't want to spoil anyone...

*spoiler for the next episode* No worries, Tyrion is still alive, just wounded. ^^ *end spoiler*

Edited by stagazer_7

Yes they did a great job on the ambush scene.

And thanks for the next episode info.

Check out this interesting version of the main title song

So everyone ready for the big season ender tonight?

I am. ^^

Game of Thrones SDCC Entire Panel 2011

user posted image

Why is stuff like this never found in my neighbourhood?

That is so cool looking. I wonder who made it. And I guess no one will get the reward since she found them herself.

I'm a little dissapointed with how little screen time Danny got this season. It doesn't feel like she did much. Hopefully she'll do more in Season Three.

I just started watching today! Finish the first episode, and I'm halfway through the second biggrin.gif

It's so good! I don't really have opinions on who my favourite characters are, but Daenerys is pretty cool. So is Eddard. I'm not really a fan of Tyrion right now, or the Lannisters as a whole.

I'm a little dissapointed with how little screen time Danny got this season. It doesn't feel like she did much. Hopefully she'll do more in Season Three.

Was there more of her in the second book then they had on the screen?