CowlRaven

Assassin's Creed

((Same here.))

Elena was halfway up when she felt her limbs suddenly tingle. She felt a slight shaking feeling and tried to pull in more oxygen. All she could think was 'not now'.

She looked to the ground and then to the top of the tower, pushing herself higher. Her fingers fumbled around and she had to dig them into the rock and send pain shooting through them to keep hold.

"Dannato apple..." She growled. If her father had nothing to do with the apple then she probably wouldn't have these problems.

She kept flipping in and out of Eagle Vision, and kept losing her focus of the current time line. Her mind kept flashing back and forth in time, memories flashing before her.

With one final pull she climbed onto the roof, her breathing ragged. She looked over the surrounding rooftops, her eyes still a bright gold. She couldn't switch out of it either.

Phoenix was outlined in a pale yellow, which was odd. Usually it was bright and gold, but she then noticed everything was muted. The guards were a dark red instead of a vivid crimson.

"Give me a moment." She asked, sitting down with her legs hanging over the edge.

Outside of Elena's mind, the girl in the Animus was suffering from the prolonged usage of the machine. She calmed herself and focused on only Elena, forcing herself to let go of everything else. She didn't care if she lost all of reality, at least the confusion and pain would end...right?

((Whoo, intro of the nameless Subject (insert # here).))

((How would Elena be effected...oh great...my brain. o.e #16 because at least someone's brain would fry. :B ))

Elena was breathing hard as Phoenix watched from higher on the slanted roof, the assassin's eyes had glowed golden before she had looked away, strange. Phoenix had absolutely no idea how she could help, of if she could help at all, so she simply sat on the rusty-red roof and look down at the street below. She concentrated yet again and her world became dark, accompanied once again only by the curious flickers of color. While in eagle vision, Phoenix scanned the square below, searching for any more allies. Finding no glimmers of blue, she diverted her attention to the roofs of the world above the bustling streets or Rome. Still no blue, but Phoenix did see two red armored men free-running their way to her and Elena. Normal colors seeped their way back into Phoenix's vision as she pulled out her trust cutlass, the guards were already armed with battle axes, the two must have decided to meet on a restricted area.

Metal clashed at Phoenix blocked one guard with her sword and the other with one of her hidden blades. She kicked the one she was blocking with her sword off the building and sunk her sword through the one that she was fending off with her hidden blade. Blood was splattered across the roof, as Phoenix withdrew her sword and shook more blood off of it. The guard struggled to catch their breath as they sunk their axe at Phoenix's waist. Startled by the guard still being alive, she had no time to react and made a grunting sound as the axe flew to her waist, it cut through her two guards and made contact below her ribs. Just then the other guard made his way back up the structure, relatively unharmed. Quite a bit frustrated, Phoenix took a long strand of cotton bandages and quickly dressed her wound, she was having an awfully hard time with only two guards, but she needed to protect Elena as well. She wasn't about to let a sister who was have some bizarre sort of mental breakdown handle two city guards.

Edited by kolodragon

((Your OOC post confused me...))

After a moment of watching the scene in front of her, Elena snapped back to her senses. It only took a second to pull out her dagger, and several throwing knives.

She tossed one knife at the already injured guard and then jumped on him, digging her knife into his eye socket. She threw her other two knives at the other guard, running behind the stunned man and ending him by breaking his neck.

She had calmed her breathing and seemed completely normal now. Except her usually russet-brown eyes were almost a light hazel. "Maybe next time we'll pick a better place to talk eh? Come, let's see a dottore and then we'll discuss things." She said.

Placing her dagger back in it's sheath she gestured for Phoenix to go first, seeing as it'd be best to follow an injured person than to lead. From experience she knew that keeping an eye on the target was the best idea.

She glanced around the rooftops, looking for more guards. An archer shouted at her and made his way over, Elena looked over the edge of the roof and saw a pile of hay. Which was quiet lucky for Phoenix. "You're hurt, don't follow me." She said, shoving the other Assassin off the roof.

A cut from an ax to the abdomen was not just a flesh wound. It could be deeper than that. It may also confine her to a bed for at least a day. Hopefully not.

The Auditore descendant then engaged the archer, getting shot in the shoulder almost instantly. Her robes softened it, but she still winced. "You're going to regret that." She growled, pulling out Altair's sword.

((This doesn't count as power playing right? She was just shoved off the roof.))

((How would Elena be effected by something happening in the future? Or is it like a multiplayer-ish world where the events that are happening are only loosely based off of their ancestors' memories? o.O ))

"Wait, wait wai-" Elena shoved Phoenix off the rooftop and into a hefty pile of hay below. She made a strained sigh as she rolled out and tried to locate a doctor, leaving a small trail of blood as she walked. By the time she was able to find one of the masked medics, she was breathing hard. "Medico, please..he..help..." Everything went black, and Phoenix felt the searing pain in her right abdomen dull. Her awareness of her surroundings ceased and she was pulled into a pain-induced faint.

Phoenix's right waist was pained as she awoke, her artillery of weapons, her robes, and her armor were all neatly propped up by a chair, and she found her wound was properly treated and immensely sore.

"Ah, assassino, I see you come to very quickly. I taken the liberty of taking all the money in your possession, it was just enough to pay for my fees." The man she had passed out in front of was watching her, still wearing the mask of a doctor and gloves smeared in blood, probably her blood. "The cut wasn't too far in, but you will need some rest in bed, less than a day perhaps. Your location shall not be spoken of, but do leave quickly." He then left the room and closed the door behind him. Phoenix figured that she was in a hotel, for the decorations were simple, and included only a bed, a small bed stand, a chair, and a table. Albion, to her relief, was waiting for her in the chair, chirping as he saw that his friend was fine. She could only hope Elena was fine as she lied on the bed and stared at the ceiling Thoughts of escaping through the window and trying to look for Elena passed through her mind, but Phoenix quickly shooed the idea away from her head, she needed to rest, and climbing building could provoke guards. The Pazzi were to meet with other Templars in the city of San Gimignano in four days, there was still enough time to do what Phoenix planned.

((I was thinking that the Subject was actually having such severe issues that it bled over into controling Elena...According to Desmond talking to Lucy and them it sounds as if he is directing Ezio, not following. So I'm goin' offa that.))

Elena managed to kill the archer, only after the two fell off the roof and she was spotted by more guards. This included a Brute, and two Seekers. Great.

She used up all of her knives, and only killed one Seeker. "Dammit! Hold still so that I can kill you!" She growled.

The guards were niether upset nor offended, mainly stunned. This allowed the Assassin enough time to slaughter the Brute with her sword. Then as soon as the sword was free of the armor, she turned around and killed the seeker with her hidden blade.

The Archer ran off then, but being stubborn like she was, she hunted him down and killed him.

Out of all this, she only got a cut across her forearm and a bloody lip from her fall. Then there was the cut on her leg, but nothing too drastic. She cleaned her sword and sheathed it, returning to the haystack that she had pushed Phoenix into.

The trail of blood was obvious, and so she followed it unobtrusivley to a doctors stand. "Excuse me, but a white-clothed woman was here earlier was she not?" At the doctors shrug elena twitched. "I do not recall, I have many paitents." He said simply.

"Yes, but this one was a sister of mine, I want to know if she's alright." The Auditore said, drumming her left hand in sight of the beaked man. The doctor nodded then at the sight of her mark.

"Si, she had a burn scar over her eye? Yes she's fine don't worry. Now what about you? Do you need leaches or just flesh wounds?" Elena hated , but she was glad that Phoenix was alright. "Just medicine, no leaches." She said. "I do have these though." She said, pulling out a jar of leeches that she pulled off one of the guards. "8 Flroins?" He asked.

"17." She replied. "I won't go higher than ten." Elena sighed. "Fine, 7 Florins and no charge for bandages." The man nodded. "Done."

According to Desmond talking to Lucy and them it sounds as if he is directing Ezio, not following.

((Are you talking/writing about the part in Brotherhood where they take the tunnels to get to the Sanctuary? o-o))

As Phoenix stared at the ceiling and ruffled Albion's feathers in affection, she listened to the conversations the people below were having outside. At one point, she heard Elena talk to the doctor who had treated her. Though she easily could, Phoenix decided not to get up from the bed and call for her, she didn't want to aggravate her wound.

She spotted a few slips of paper placed on the table and a bottle of ink and sprouted an idea. "Albion, fetch me that a sheet of paper and the bottle of inchiostro." The obedient little hawk dropped the items of question next to Phoenix on her bad and pecked the pouch she used to store bird seeds. "Aiutare se stessi." Albion unbuckled the bag and munched on a few of the seeds as Phoenix wrote on the parchment, Come up to the room the white hawk just flew out of. Once she was done, she then rolled up the tiny note and whistled for Albion to come closer. She let him grasp the note with his talons and then instructed him "Take this, swing open the window, and then deliver this to Elena." Albion nodded, took the short letter, lifted the latch on the window pane up with his beak, and flew down to Elena. He handed the girl the letter, circled around her twice, and flew back to Phoenix's room.

((No...when they talk to him about controling and Syncing with Ezio. My thoery is that the person in the Animus isn't simply watching, they can partly control their anscestors actions. It's simply a memory, and so can't actually effect history. Straying too far from the memory will cause de-syncing (dying, becoming detected when it didn't happen in the memory, shooting a target instead of drowning them, etc.) So simply, Elena's descendant is having such severe issues that it's effecting how they control Elena in the memories.

Damn that was a long explination...shoot me next time I do this...sleep.gif))

Elena yawned, stretching as she sat on a bench. It was nice to relax for a moment, to pretend she had nothing to fear. It wasn't panic-inducing fear, it was I-feel-stupid-fear. Being seen and caught/attacked by guards would make her feel like a Novice. She didn't like that. Her mentor never treated her like she was an eaqual. Turned out that she had been better than him. In the end, he had turned traitor, and she had beaten the master.

Now she was on top.

Shaking her head, a white bird gave her a letter. upon reading it the girl smiled and looked up at the bird before watching it fly into the window. Elena didn't take extra time, and she simply ran up the wall, climbing as if she were just walking. "Come stai, Phoenix?" She asked, swinging her legs over and sitting in the window.

((But it caused Phoenix to get hurt, which effects where some things might happen. o3o Paradoxes, paradoxes everywhere.))

"Come stai, Phoenix?" Elena sat on the windowsill of Phoenix room and stared at her, mostly unscathed and looking a whole lot better than her.

"Sono stato meglio." With a soft groan Phoenix sat up and looked up at Elena. In a flurry of feathers, Albion flew around the room, perched himself on Elena's right shoulder, and chirped, showing that he trusted the still rather unknown assassin. "Now then, I might as well tell you why we've been looking for you." Phoenix said as she tied her bangs with the twine to better see Elena. "I along with a few other assassins, if they want to, are to travel to San Gimignano and assassinate the two heads of the Pazzi family, Vieri and Francesco de' Pazzi. It's supposed to be a difficult mission, I wanted to ask if you wanted to come along, or if you have other things to do."

((Yay short post biggrin.gif))

((Sorry for taking so long!! First I got hokked on Death Note, then the net screwed up...etc.))

The girl leaned back against the side of the window, one leg stretched out along her perch and the other bent with her arm resting on it. Her preffered way to sit.

Elena took a chance and with her index finger she gently scratched Albion on the back of the neck. Her russet eyes turned from the streets of Tiber Island to Phoenix as she explained her mission. Her eyes narrowed at the mention of the Pazzi family. "A band of murderers and cowards. Vieri's not much better than a corvo." she spat, her accent increasing as her tone sharpened.

"Of course I'll help you. Veiri's mine though if you don't mind. It's personal." She turned her sharp eyes out the window again, her grip loosening on her knee. 'That censorkip.gif***o won't get me. They may have gotten rid of the rest of my family, but I'm still here.' She thought to herself.

((Hello, I was just wondering if my PMed form got through. To ShadowDragonmouse23 right?))

((Oh I am so very sorry, it did get through! You're accepted Russet.))

((Oh great, I'm addicted to Homestuck...))

"Allora" Phoenix climbed out of the bed and reequipped her armor. Her side still seared with pain, but she wasn't going to stay in a bed all day. As longs as she made sure no foes swung another weapon at her left abdomen, fixing her leather and metal protectors would have to come at a later time. For now, she would have to settle with scampering across the rooftops, with a large gash across her waist guards, trying to avoid city watchers. She sheathed her basket-hilted Cutlass, the assassin insignia weaved intricately on the basket, its silver sheen gleaming in the sunlight. Then came her bone-rending Claymore, and her slender, underused throwing knives. Phoenix didn't bother to flip up the flaps that concealed her weapons, it would only be inconvenient later if she and Elena found themselves in a pinch. "E ora, we make some friends."

((Great, thanks!))

A hooded man rode a horse in a crouch on the saddle. In front of him, he chased a double-horse drawn carriage. The hooded man primed a weapon on his bracer. A thunderous shock struck a guard and the driver tried to make himself small. The hooded man leaped from his 'borrowed' horse upon the carriage. Unsheathed one of two short-swords and drove it through the heart of the second guard. Putting away his sword, he warily walked across the carriage which was essentially a wooden box. A blade seemed to appear from his wrist and it was fluidly guided through the driver's throat. He kicked the driver's body off the box and took the reigns.

Emilio drove the carriage full of explosives through a gate into Roma. He drove into the streets and had trouble controlling in narrow-paths. His notoriety was likely at such a high point that guards were put into the city just to find him. He found that out the hard way when he was chased through the streets by three mounted guards. They fired at him. He dodged each one and made one to many tight turns around a corner. Luckily the square he had just entered was often empty, it was now. Only a fountain sat in the middle with various shops, including a dottore's office.

The carriage tipped over and the lead guard smashed into it. Misfire from his guard squad hit him in the head and he died instantly. The other two were ready and jumped over the over-turn carriage from their horses. Emilio thought fast and immediately went for his pistol, loaded without thinking and aimed.

Another thunderous crack burst from his wrist. It lit the explosives and killed the guards and horses. Distracted their back-up as well. The houses around the square weren't affected, but the fountain was destroyed in a ball of fire, likely seen from all around Roma. It was no wonder why Emilio immediately bust into the closest window rolled off the floor and bust out a back window. He found himself surrounded. Better yet, the lead guard, he knew well. Emilio often gave him trouble. But this was over-the-top. The only thing he noticed, however, was a sister sitting in a window across the street, a few stories up.

"Benvenuti a casa, Emilio." The guard spoke.

Edited by Dusset

Elena nodded, but her attention was soon drawn to the explosion below. Her eyes caught hold of a man dressed in white and she didn't hesitate to leap into a haystck below her. Saying over her shoulder quickly, "I have dibs on the dark meat." Simply this meant that she would take out the harder-to-kill guards.

She jumped out of the hay stack and into a passing crowd. With eagle vision she found the lead guard and decided that her brother could have him. She snuck over to crouch behind a low wall and glanced at the man.

She then waited for Phoneix to get into a position where she could attack silently before moving again to repeat the process. Once the other assassin was in place Elena would signal their brother and attack. Or so she hoped.

The Auditore was never good with plans or stratagie in her opinion. Maybe this would've worked better if she had explained her idea a little more to Phoenix. "Oh well, that's what I get for being hasty to save a brother." She muttered to herself.

The commotion below caused Elena to drop from the window and attack what sounded like city guards. A brother was below, apparently fending off a large patrol of guards. Phoenix fastened her hidden blades, and leaped out of the building, impaling one guard in the neck and another in the face with her cold steel as she landed. More of the men were drawn away from the unknown assassin and towards Phoenix, ready to attack her in an open dispute. Though her movements were limited and it would have probably been a better idea for the three assassins to regroup before fighting the large mass of guards, Phoenix drew her cutlass and swung at a guard. Sparks flew as sword met sword and the two were in a steely lock. Eventually, Phoenix overpowered her adversary be kicking his gut and stabbing her cutlass into their chest. As the assassin retrieved her sword, other guard quickly took the place of his defeated comrade and shoved his polearm in Phoenix's direction. The halberd grazed her right shoulder, but left no damage, the damage taken by the shoulder armor Phoenix wore. "So much for staying incognito." Quickly, she sheathed her sword and then proceeded to grab the pole of the halberd, kicked its owner in the gut, and disarm him. After she acquired the rather heavy weapon, in a slightly clumsy manner, she impaled the guard with it. Phoenix then once again unsheathed her sword and continued to take on her next opponent.

Emilio thanked whatever lord watched over them, and unsheathed both his shortswords. He ran up and leaped over the guard captain and rolled in the center of the fray. Immediately blocking an oncoming blade with his right, and stabbed the owner with the other. He was forced to jump again when a spear was thrown at his feet. It was just sturdy enough to stand on. He landed on it and took a second to balance. He quickly disarmed a guard coming at him and slayed him with a stroke to the neck. The swords were sheathed and with finesse he popped the spear out of the ground with his feet and caught it. Aiming he threw it at the guard captain, who wasn't looking and it soared through his head. Instantly ending him. Arming him self with his hidden blade and his knife, he stabbed another guard in his throat. Quickly whipping around he fired his pistol and slashed a guards arm, who was then knocked over a kicked in the groin. Not noticing an archer he took an arrow in the knee. It blunted off the knee-cap, but it would hinder some of his more efficient kills. Deciding it was better to fight in a group than scattered, he made his was to the assassin who was wielding a halberd a second ago. In the process his hood got shot off his head by the same archer. It sailed through the hood and stuck into the ground. He sheathed his knife and once more used his dual swords. He got the sister finally.

"Grazie mille." He said to her.

Edited by Dusset

((Oh, I missed that. tongue.gif))

As the male assassin walked over to Phoenix, his hood was shot off, unveiling the scarred face of a young man approximately the same age as her. She was amazed by his stunning green eyes, a color of eye she had never seen before. Then again, that was coming from the girl with amber-red eyes. Two of the guards took the advantage of Phoenix being distracted and charged at her with their halberds from opposite directions. Just in time, Phoenix ducked and struck the guard to her left with her sword. The guard behind her was then taken out by his ally's own weapon. Before Phoenix could get the chance to talk with the newcomer, the last guard made three swift thrusts at her with his shortsword. Phoenix successfully parried two of the hits with her cutlass, but the last one landed one landed on her right arm, tearing her robe, but not cutting her. She kneed the guard in a place no man should be kneed, and sunk her hidden blade into his neck, killing him. With a sigh, Phoenix swung her sword to the ground to cleanse it of blood, and sheathed it again. "Siete i benvenuti, the name's Phoenix by the way."

Edited by kolodragon

"I'm Emilio." He said. As he did, from his position on a roof an archer fired an arrow at him once more and Emilio dodged it as it flew past him. He sheathed both swords and moved his left hand in a swift movement that seemed as though he was slapping a man. A throwing knife soared from his wrist and lodged itself in the assailant's throat. He turned back to Pheonix.

"Where's your friend?" He asked. "I swore I saw two of you."

He noticed her burn mark, and felt a small throb from the left side of his head. Injuries were a funny thing, they can heal and scar up. But they never truly go away.

Edited by Dusset

((Oops...I forgot you guys amidst the chaos that is my life of art...))

A guard walked up behind Emilio and just as he was about to take off the young mans head, Elena pulled his collar back and brought him to his knees. "Any last words?" The guard didn't have time to answer because Elena didn't give him any as she stabbed her blade down his treachia.

Wiping her hand off on his clothes she then looked up at the other two. "Well you twon know how to steal all the fun." She said, glancing at both of them with hard eyes. She tried to make it seem their fault even though she really didn't care.

"Elena Auditore, but I prefer Hawkeyes." She said, giving a smirk. Without looking away from them she tossed a knife directly above Phoenix's head, just missing her by an inch to hit a guard up on the roof. "Shall we go now?" The sadistic assassin was greatly entertained by other peoples fear and pain, but they probably should go.

Emilio whipped around to see the other girl.

"Well that's answer's my question." He said.

When she introduced herself he paused a second.

"Emilio Moretti." He said. "And yes, we should probably get out of here before more guards arrive. Anywhere in mind?"

He was impressed with both of his sister's skills. They mirrored his own. The one called Elena more than Phoenix. They all were probably within two ranks of each other.

"Perhaps the headquarters. We just have to make sure we're not being tailed, and rip down a few posters as we go." Phoenix said as she fixed her hood. Emilio seemed like another good candidate to bring along on the ambush, he was capable of taking on several guards at once, but it seemed like he had matters to attend to. Now would probably not be an ideal time to discuss her mission, Phoenix decided. She could get the chance to ask him once they were in the vicinities of the base. With a curt wave with two of her fingers, Phoenix signaled for Albion to scout ahead for any Templars or guards, hopefully more guards weren't coming.

"Alright, we need to split up as we go, more targets are harder to follow. Let's make sure we take different routes. I guess I'll meet you there then." He said.

Emilio didn't even wait for the two to start moving. In only a couple seconds he was up the nearest building and bounding towards Insula Tiberina. As he leaped from building to building, he systematically loaded his pistol. He only had two shots left. He made the first count when he passed a poster of himself and blasted it. There was a large hole in it now. Unreadable. The next found it's way into an official.

Elena agreed with them and as Emilio took off she headed through the street, climbing a few boxes to get up to the roof tops. Then she made her way over a clothesline before stopping to take out an archer and pull down a poster.

The assassin jumped into some hay before climbing onto a white stallion. She fed him some hay and he nickered happily. The two headed through the streets secretly, seeming to be average travelers.

Noticing a herald going on about killers in white she hopped down and snuck up behind him. "Speak about something other than the killings." She handed him a bag of florins and then smiled, "Or I'll take my money back..." Then she was gone.

((Where'd Kolo run off to? I was waiting for her to post. But in the interest of something more than a bump...))

Emilio bounded across rooftops. Rolling, jumping and sliding. He made his way over streets and walkways. Taking clothing lines when he had to. Trying his hardest to stay away from guards, if he wanted to keep what ranged weaponry he had left, which consisted of five throwing knives. He chided himself for not buying a cross-bow when he had the chance, but he chose to buy an apartment. Which went under-used as he was never in Milano anymore. Now he was broke. Or close to anyways. With only a few thousand Florins in his pocket. He took work from any source. Except, of course, Templars. In fact, looking back on his recent adventure, he could have talked to someone in the brotherhood about it and got paid. Instead of doing it for no benefactor at all.

Albion returned shortly and circled around Phoenix twice before taking off to the right. He flew up a building and perched himself on the roof as he waited for the assassin to make her way up. Once Phoenix was running along the rooftops of a busier section of the city, Albion let out three curt 'caw's to signal that there were three guards up ahead. Phoenix pulled out her two remaining knives and threw one at the neck of the guard, but missed. With her last throwing knife, she took out the first guard, and jumped from building to building. She leaped off of one houses and air assassinated the second guard in front of her. Using the falling body as a foundation, Phoenix vaulted off of the structure and landed on the last guard, her crimson steel inserted in his neck. Calmly, the white hawk led the assassin through a strong stream of people and to another string of buildings and chirped only once this time. Phoenix made her way up by jumping up three crates, and a clothing line. As her foot make contact with the rusty-orange roof, two arrows made contact with her left shoulder. She bailed off of the house and clung onto the edge of the structure the archer that shot at her was standing on. Looking for where the cloaked intruder had gone, the archer approached the edge and looked down. In seconds, his neck was impaled with the assassin's blade, and he was falling to his doom. Deftly, the assassin continued on her route to the Assassin base, ricocheting from beam, to flagpole, to window.

((Now back to homework~))

Edited by kolodragon