CowlRaven

Assassin's Creed

~Information~

Outside the Animus

The roleplay itself will take place in the year 2012, in the United States, at Abstergo Industries. Abstergo Industries (AI) is a series of companies that made the most useful technology over the past 40 years and is very powerful. But your character will be inside one large building that is somewhat like a high-tech prison (but you are allowed to roam certain parts, and only when you are let out), and is the descendant of a person from the 15th century. You were chosen by AI to test out a new device, called the Animus, that allows you to relive the memories of your ancestors to try to find the location of a Piece of Eden that the head of AI is trying to find to gain power over the minds of people. Your character is forced into the Animus for days, weeks, even months at a time in an attempt to locate the Apple and you have no way to fight back. The only reason they have not gone insane yet is because they can interact with other people who are kept at AI in and out of the Animus, but there are symptoms to being kept in the machine for so long (vivid dreams/hallucinations, paranoia, enhanced senses).

Inside the Animus

Your character is inside an Animus and they can leave occasionally, but only if you ask me first or you make something happen (like if there was some kind of power outage, a storm that could possibly damage the Animus, etc.). You don't need to write any information for the person in the Animus. All you need to do is mention their real name somewhere in the Character Sheet so I know who you're talking about when your character leaves the Animus.

This roleplay takes place, mainly, in Italy. Depending on your mission you can be sent to Russia, Spain, France, or England (but those are not main places you can go so you can't be in them other than to complete the mission unless you ask me about if your character can stay there afterwards). You can live anywhere in Italy but you need to be in at least two cities away (or less) from the nearest recruit. The year is 1476 (time will pass as the roleplay goes on and your character will have to age!) and there is no Ezio Auditore in this roleplay so don't try to be him or interact with him. For this particular roleplay you can be a descendant (only 3 people can be descendants, and you need to ask me first) of him, but no more than that. The first city all recruits will need to be in is Rome, but you can leave as you wish. If you read this, put 'Leonardo' in the Other section of your character sheet. If it wasn't already obvious, your character's ancestors and another person's ancestors had to have met at some point or another. Otherwise you would be roleplaying with your self, which is ridiculous.

Roles/Playable Characters

You can be an Assassin (recruit), someone who helps the Assassins (ex. Leonardo Da Vinci), or a Templar. No matter who you are your main goal is to find the Apple, a Piece of Eden that can control the will of mankind. Assassins wish to keep this in their hideout and seal it from the world, helpers know nothing about it, and Templars want to steal the Apple and use it to rule the world. Your job is to keep the others from getting the Apple (I'm not revealing the location until the time is right), whatever the cost. If your character gets killed protecting/finding the Apple you can make a new one. But they will be a simple street urchin like in the beginning and they'll have to start all over again. Put 'Caesar' in the Other section of your character sheet if you read this.

Also, Ezio is supposed to be before this time (even though in the game he was still around). I don't want people asking me if they can be him so I made it so that he's dead but has a few descendants.

1476 is the Renaissance, people! If you don't even know what that is, it's basically a time when science and art was really popular and in its "blooming state" or whatever. Need anymore information? Google it.

Assassin Information can be found here if you need to know more: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassins

Templar Information can be found here if you need to know more: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Templars

Any other information people might need can be found at the Assassin's Creed Wiki, Google, or common sense.

~Rules~

1. No God-modding, power-playing, gary-stu/mary-sue characters.

2. No cybering.

3. You are allowed to betray your team (Templar, Assassin) whenever and however you want, but you can't go back.

4. MY RULES ARE LAW. YOU WILL BE BANNED IF THEY ARE DISOBEYED.

5. The only time I will allow super powers/special abilities is if your character finds the Apple. But remember this will cause damage to him/her and might even kill them.

6. At least 5 sentences per post, per character!

7. 6 character limit.

8. You can have all Assassins, all Templars, or half and half.

9. I have the right to make up new rules as I think of them.

10. Put 'Altair' in the Other section of your character sheet if you read the rules.

11. PM me your character sheet.

~Character Sheet~

[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Age:[/b] 
[b]Gender:[/b] 
[b]Appearance (pictures are okay, but include height and weight):[/b] 
[b]Team (Assassin, Templar):[/b] 
[b]Rank (if Assassin)(1-9):[/b] 
[b]Personality:[/b] 
[b]Theme Song(s):[/b] 
[b]What they sound like:[/b] 
[b]Favorite Weapon:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b] 

~Accepted Character~

Name: Antonio Cicirelli

Appearance: x (Guy of course.) Tall for his age. 6'8", weighs 113 lbs.

Team (Assassin, Templar): Assassin.

Rank (if Assassin)(1-9): 5.

Personality: Antonio has mixed personalities. He seems very dark and mysterious most of the time, and prefers to use actions more than words. But sometimes he can be spontaneous and a little ADHD (some people just can't stand being around him when he's like this). He doesn't trust very easily, and can read people's emotions. Having a low self-esteem he prefers to not show much of his past or anything he ever made. But because of this, his goal in life is to be the ultimate assassin, so he spends his free time practicing skills and being silent. The Master isn't very fond of him, since he screws up any plans that the assassins make (which causes him to be left out of them most of the time). The rest of his personality will be revealed during roleplay.

Theme Song(s): N/A

What they sound like: x

Favorite Weapon: Hidden Blade.

Other: N/A

Edited by CowlRaven

I don't see any problems with this roleplay gramatically. There are a few others though. Does this take place in an animus or in actual real life? It it's in an animus you were right about the Apple hurting you. If this is in real life then the Apple wont hurt you to use it. The reason it hurts you in the game is because the Apple in the memory is messing with the internal workings of the animus. The Apple was so high tech it makes the animus' programming hiccup, causing you to lose syncronization. It isn't noted in the game that this is the cause, but it was said by the programmers that this is the case. Other then that good job, sounds like a keeper of a game. definitely (with an I, not an A) join. biggrin.gif

There are comma errors, for sure, at least. I didn't fully read through this. I'll do a full critique tonight. =)

@Nephil: I didn't notice I forgot to add that until you added the comment, so thanks lol.

@Khay: I WILL HAVE TO MELT YOUR IGLOO NOW

...Whaaaat?

Is this roleplay targeted to Assassin's Creed fans, or would you like other people as well? Because I have absolutely no idea what this is about.

Critique will have to wait until tomorrow. =) However, Soupnazi does have a point. You should try describing the setting more, and making your plot a bit clearer. =)

Dang, all that information is scattered around like a game of Scramble. >.< I need help on organizing it, that's for sure lol.

It's impossible for people to share an Animus; it's made for only one person.

Yes, the people are in both Italy and America at the same time. Italy when inside the Animus, and America when out of the Animus.

Assassins can work together or be on their own, I really don't care. Same with Templars, since a lot of them are betrayed sooner or later (in the game).

I explain enough what's going on. Outside of the Animus the person can either go along with what the workers at Abstergo are doing, silently rebel, or actually try to start a Revolution. I don't care, it could even be a place for characters to get to know each other outside the Animus. And inside the Animus, the character is playing as another person who has come in contact with the Apple at some point or another in their lives (which is why Abestergo is using that ancestor to find the Apple).

Don't you think I would have added rules about violence/gore/romance if I cared?

1476 - Renaissance. People can Google it if they don't know what that is.

Cowl said that since the only way roleplayers can interact with each other most of time is through the Animus, yes characters can meet with each other in virtual Italy.

~

The Animus is a machine that sends you back into the memories of your ancestors, which are in Italy whether they're an Assassin or not. /Your/ character is in/using the Animus so they are seeing into their ancestor's memories interacting with whoever that person interacted with. In this case the other people are the other players using an Animus also. AKA- You kinda have to interact with them to RP.

Edited by Sinder

You kinda have to interact with them to RP.

Which is why it is a valid question, because then you lose that section of the RP.

The animus, from what I get, is the memories of your ancestors, and not yourself. So it is HIGHLY possible your ancestors to never meet. Even then, it is highly probable that they wouldn't even be in the same timeframes.

It's a valid question that should be considered.

Okay, I just have to say that even though it's a valid question it's still obvious that your ancestors had to have met eventually or 90% of the roleplay would be talking to yourself. And that's no fun, so OBVIOUSLY your ancestors and another players ancestors met.

Also, the animus allows you to look through ALL of your ancestors memories. Even those before the ones in Italy. Also, Abstergo could possibly have picked these certain people because their history books say their ancestors interacted. Just adding my two cents...

Sorry guys, I don't mean to sound rude. :P I just talk that way, and I guess it sounds like I'm trying to be mean.

EDIT: See? ShadowDragon understands. :P

Edited by CowlRaven

Also, the animus allows you to look through ALL of your ancestors memories. Even those before the ones in Italy. Also, Abstergo could possibly have picked these certain people because their history books say their ancestors interacted. Just adding my two cents...

Of course. =) Was that explained? Hmmm.

That might be 'cause I play ACII on PS3 and PC and AC:B on PC over and over and repeat...I'm slightly addicted...just slightly obsessed with my posters and my costume and my two action figures...

You could throw it in parentheses up there somewhere. Of course that might be what that link is, am I right?

My bad sending sheet through pm

Edited by luxemis

((I'll wait until someone else posts.. *is slightly unsure what to start with*. Also, I don't see my sheet up there.))

((cowls busy for a few days so she wanted me to tel yu guys that she wants me to approve character sheets, so forwrd them to me and i can approve them kay???))

Edited by Kitsune123

((Are we allowed to go ahead and post? :3 Just asking.))

((I've already been accepted..I just don't see my sheet up there. Oh, and my computer has been sick and my other laptop is buried under boxes so I'm posting this from my phone: I won't be able to post for a little while longer. Maybe another four-five days. So don't think I don't wanna play!!!))

(Cowl's kinda busy right now, just send them to Kitsune. ^^ Cowl'll put the forms up when she's back.)