Ninetails

Count till the end of the world gets here!~

Someone tosses their lunch trash out on the side of the road. The wild birds and animals tear through it, looking for food. The sun and weather damage it. The mowers run over it. It gets washed into the waterways. The fish gulp at floating particles. You wonder why they keep saying microplastic is a worldwide problem.

It is a serious problem. Then there are those stupid microbeads they put in toothpaste and exfoliants. Humans can be such idiots.

mondays is a monday, as is either friday or saturday for my retail job

Edited by trystan
forgot to turn the page... again XD

We need to rescue trystan. She's fallen into a tear in the time continuum and travelled backwards.

We need to rescue trystan. She's fallen into a tear in the time continuum and travelled backwards.

I have some rope.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

We used to have millons of red-winged blackbirds (with some opportunists of other species)  travel in together in flocks during the winter months. They could take an hour or more to fly over. Now  we see a a few small skittish groups.

We've lost a lot of our migrant warblers this year, it seems.

Well, Dorian happened. A Category 5 blender. Then more storms stirred up the Gulf/Atlantic.

The hummingbirds left here 2-3 weeks later than normal. I've wondered what they encountered on their way south.

True. Dorian was a nightmare for so many people. Look. Fish. 

Screenshot_20190902-122939.thumb.jpg.681ea99c01cf89c3c22041414fd1e01d.jpg

This is outside someone's living room window in Freeport during Dorian.

😮  That's a well sealed window. That's also a really big hint that the person shouldn't be standing there photographing/filming it. 

Laura was my first experience hearing hurricane wind. A distinctive sound. And my windchimes didn't ring. I think the strongest wind was tree/housetop level, like a tornado what never really touches the ground. It didn't throw much stuff around except leaves, twigs, limbs, and, well, trees.

we've had a LOT of storms and nor'easters here.  one time, in the 80s (or 90s?) the wind was crazy strong and gusty, and twisted our neighbor's house so the second floor was out of alignment with the first floor below it! 😮

44 minutes ago, trystan said:

we've had a LOT of storms and nor'easters here.  one time, in the 80s (or 90s?) the wind was crazy strong and gusty, and twisted our neighbor's house so the second floor was out of alignment with the first floor below it!

Did that make the news? Seems worthy of a news report.

15 minutes ago, trystan said:

i have absolutely NO idea

Right. *headslap*  No electricity. Probably for more than a week.  Spent two seperate weeks in 2020 without electricity and that was luckier than many. And the mosquitoes... there's still too many that have survived despite all the overnight freezes. Outside was not a good place to be when it started getting towards sunset today.

They're annoying. What is the point of a mosquito?