How should lineages work?  

719 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So did I, but then it might have just dropped under the table. *shrugs*

Can someone fill me in on what nixed means?I also forgot what we were talking about.

Nixed = said this most definitely would not happen.

Also, I think the current discussion is, Ascended dragons should have upgraded BSAs/shorter cooldowns on normal actions/etc., or no?

I don't mind if Ascension was a time-based thing, but I wish there were a little... more? As far as obtaining it went. It wouldn't necessarily have to be luck based but, idk, I just wish it was more than... o hay, you've been playing on DC for howevermany months, yaaaay! nao click and enjoy new dragonz.

Well hat would the spriters feel about this? That's the question. Sprites aren't just made over-night.

Well hat would the spriters feel about this? That's the question. Sprites aren't just made over-night.

They've been working on it for well over a year.

I don't mind if Ascension was a time-based thing, but I wish there were a little... more? As far as obtaining it went. It wouldn't necessarily have to be luck based but, idk, I just wish it was more than... o hay, you've been playing on DC for howevermany months, yaaaay! nao click and enjoy new dragonz.

Exactly - hence my burning desire for a fail rate - even a small one !

I would only ascend a female and a male per breed if it is just a different sprite - however my descision on how many ascended dragons I need will definitly be a differnt one if they have better BSAs - I got myself a red and a pink army after they got their BSA and I guess if anyone of the ascended BSA helps a lot with game play I probably would make an army of that specific ascended dragon as well. xd.png

I had an idea for Ascension, not sure if it's been said before, but meh.

After six months (or whatever time seems appropriate), the dragon gains a new action, Ascend. It has like an 85% chance of working or something, and if it fails, it can be tried again in two weeks time like a Summon.

IF potions are implemented, then potions could be used to let a dragon try Ascending once per potion, early, possibly with a higher fail chance, and then start normal attempts when it reaches the required age., for example. Or one to make it guaranteed on a dragon. Perhaps only one potion could be in effect at once?

Uhm, yeah, that's pretty much what we hashed out in the course of the discussion.

Serious things have come up, I wont be on much at all. So im gonna work on smaller issues for awhile.

Do we agree that if this gets released, everyone starts at 0 months?

Serious things have come up, I wont be on much at all. So im gonna work on smaller issues for awhile.

Do we agree that if this gets released, everyone starts at 0 months?

What? No. Why should they?

Are you suggesting that players who had had dragons for three years have to "pretend" they only had them since yesterday ? I don't think so. Has ANYONE suggested that before ?

I don't think anyone has. And quite a few have stated that a long wait for most players wouldn't mean a long wait at all, as most of their dragons would already be old enough.

I don't see why everybody should start at 0. That would mean that, at the moment the announcement is made, nothing could happen and nobody would be happy... Then it wouldn't be a 'reward' for long-time players either...

Oh good. I was afraid it was just me being mean...

Being a newer player will ALWAYS mean having catching up to do. There is no reason people who have been in ages (and I am relatively new; this is not only self interest! I'm not even sure how many ascensions I would even want - it's the principle !) should effectively be penalised for having played for longer !

Well if there isnt some kind of delay time, everyone could just get a dragon now, and right when it comes out, everyone would ascend making the wait completely pointless.

Well if there isnt some kind of delay time, everyone could just get a dragon now, and right when it comes out, everyone would  ascend making the  wait completely pointless.

That's why I like the idea of a small fail rate. So that it isn't necessarily and universally instant. And a limited number per week - maybe defined by trophy level.

But older players have already been "waiting" - for years in some cases.

Just as when the new limits come in we don't all have to wait again if we already have a trophy. And actually what is so awful about being able to ascend a dragon or few, the day it comes in ? A new player was complaining the other day that they could not breed yet; they had four eggs and what were they supposed to do now ? WAIT.

But - when they have adults - then they will be wondering why the NEXT new player wondering the same thing is making a fuss.

Things do have to happen in order. That's life. You can't be as old as me and qualify for free bus transport just because you want to ! You have to wait. But the day you have been on this earth as long as I have now - you will get the free bus pass ! There's no way to rush it, but the day you qualify nothing can stop you getting it but filling out the form wrong !

Edited by fuzzbucket

Not all "old" player collect dragon en masse. The reason I dont like it is your gonna have a half-year wait, you can't just apply to only 5% of all dc. Also, its only six months, not that long of wait anyway...

Not all "old" player collect dragon en masse. The reason I dont like it is your gonna have a half-year wait, you can't just apply to only 5% of all dc. Also, its only six months, not that long of wait anyway...

Why can't you ? I really do not see that at all. As you say - 6 months isn't long. You have to wait to breed for the first time too...

And what's this about "collecting en masse"? I don't see what that has to do with it. If an older player realises they don't have enough of something to want to ascend - they know exactly what they need to do. OR - unless it is discontinued - they ascend one they have, if they want it sooner, and collect a replacement.

I honestly don't think it's such a big deal to have everybody start at 0. I know I wouldn't care if everybody started at 0. The only trouble I see with that is in an RP sense---the dragon is actually older than six months, yet he has to wait six more to ascend. It just doesn't make sense.

However, starting at 0 may be the only option, depending on how it's coded.

Not all "old" player collect dragon en masse.  The reason I dont like it is your gonna have a half-year wait, you can't just apply to only 5% of all dc.  Also, its only six months, not that long of wait anyway...

I don't see why you can't... The new players still have other things to do, dragons they undoubtedly want to collect. It's the older players who already have reached their goals who can use a new incentive like ascension.

Also, from a RP/flavor perspective (yeah, here I am again...) it makes no sense that a dragon on the scroll of someone who's been playing for 2 years needs to be 2,5 years old before he can attempt ascension, and a dragon on a newer players scroll only 0.5 year...

I'm also not saying this for myself, as I've only been playing a bit over 4 months. And I was pleading for a year's wait at first, for me 6 months is a compromise...

Also, I may have people mixed up, but weren't you one of the people who was pleading for no wait at all? And now you think 6 months isn't that long? I'm confused...

Edited by Fengari

I don't see why you can't... The new players still have other things to do, dragons they undoubtedly want to collect. It's the older players who already have reached their goals who can use a new incentive like ascension.

Also, from a RP/flavor perspective (yeah, here I am again...) it makes no sense that a dragon on the scroll of someone who's been playing for 2  years needs to be 2,5 years old before he can attempt ascension, and a dragon on a newer players scroll only 0.5 year...

I'm also not saying this for myself, as I've only been playing a bit over 4 months. And I was pleading for a year's wait at first, for me 6 months is a compromise...

Also, I may have people mixed up, but weren't you one of the people who was pleading for no wait at all? And now you think 6 months isn't that long? I'm confused...

Excuse me again, my grammar is just getting worse and worse.

Then whats the point of having a longish wait? Barely anyone is going to be waiting, and its not like we're getting overloaded with new players everyday.

In a RP sense..."A dragon has just figured out the true path to ascenscion, everyone must change their ways inorder to achieve this state, older dragons may find it harder to do so having only been accustomed to how they currently live."

Italics=I was being a little sarcastic.

Edited by Kirbyburn

Excuse me again, my grammar is just getting worse and worse.

Then whats the point of having a longish wait? Barely anyone is going to be waiting, and its not like we're getting overloaded with new players everyday.

In a RP sense..."A dragon has just figured out the true path to ascenscion, everyone must change their ways inorder to achieve this state, older dragons may find it harder to do so having only been accustomed to how they currently live."

Italics=I was being a little sarcastic.

We ARE getting LOADS of new players every day. You only have to look at the TLQ thread.

There is no logic to forcing older players to start at the same point as new ones. If there were, then everyone should stay at 0 the whole time, to allow for new new players...

We ARE getting LOADS of new players every day. You only have to look at the TLQ thread.

There is no logic to forcing older players to start at the same point as new ones. If there were, then everyone should stay at 0 the whole time, to allow for new new players...

Loads differs from overloaded, and i already explained the logic above.