MisaTange

Name Check Thread

That one seems a bit iffy to me... maybe I'm too careful then.

Would "Sexy good time" be okay? I had it for a little while but got spooked and changed it. :lol:

2 hours ago, Tish said:

That one seems a bit iffy to me... maybe I'm too careful then.

Would "Sexy good time" be okay? I had it for a little while but got spooked and changed it. :lol:

That one might be a little risky. I would advise not using it just in case :)

Schitt is an actual family name. I am more than willing to have my opinion overturned, given the context of the rest of the name, but I did think it was fine. @jerzeeshadow your other examples look like censor evasion, so I would say no to all.

I would also nix "Sexy good time."

Names containing word "sexy" has been deemed okay in this thread, so is it the context that makes "Sexy good time" not okay?

(If the word itself is a problem, I better go change some names asap. :unsure:)

9 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Names containing word "sexy" has been deemed okay in this thread, so is it the context that makes "Sexy good time" not okay?

(If the word itself is a problem, I better go change some names asap. :unsure:)

Yes, I would say it's the context. Calling something sexy and hinting at sexy activities are pretty different. The word itself is usually okay.

I agree that that name is fine. Schitt is a family name, plus it's not that close to sounding inappropriate. @jerzeeshadow it's all about context with names. None of those names are family names either, just blatant censor evasion. 

2 hours ago, Lurhstaap said:

Wait wait wait. If drug names are okay why is Weed God not acceptable?

Still curious about this too, I've looked through the thread and other drug related names were fine.

Yeah, idk I didn't see the Weedgod one. I have a bunch of druggie dragons. Drug names are fine as long as they don't imply that the user is doing anything illegal or inappropriate. Something like "Weed Dealer" may be objectionable. That name was fine. @Niomedes

Sorry about the confusion!

Edited by Earth Gurl

Are perfectly benign names that are only made absolutely filthy by the dragon's code okay?

28 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

Are perfectly benign names that are only made absolutely filthy by the dragon's code okay?

I think that depends on the code.

It's this guy.

Totally benign name, but paired with the naughty code... Not so much.

I'm considering just leaving him as a code-named dragon and giving the name to his future mate.

36 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

It's this guy.

I'm considering just leaving him as a code-named dragon and giving the name to his future mate.

That is fine. 

1 hour ago, LibbyLishly said:

It's this guy.

That seems okay to me.

Here's a question.  Has there ever been, in the history of Dragon Cave, a dragon which had to be killed because it's code was bad?  And by bad, I mean absolutely offensive to any and all peoples.  (And I guess we'll never know its code on these forums without getting sued.)😆

17 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Here's a question.  Has there ever been, in the history of Dragon Cave, a dragon which had to be killed because it's code was bad?  And by bad, I mean absolutely offensive to any and all peoples.  (And I guess we'll never know its code on these forums without getting sued.)😆

No. Codes are randomly generated numbers and letters. No one is being punished for codes that weren't generated by them. I've heard there are some users who asked to have dragon codes changed due to their offensive nature, but I mean a code is a code, and releasing it is probably the only way of getting rid of it. Also no one on DC gets sued, idk what that has to do with the question. :huh:

@Earth Gurl What I meant was that the very act of mentioning the code would have offended someone to the point of litigation. I guess it was a poor choice of words on my part, sorry.😔

19 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

@Earth Gurl What I meant was that the very act of mentioning the code would have offended someone to the point of litigation. I guess it was a poor choice of words on my part, sorry.😔

As in if it's code is mentioned in the name? I think an inappropriate name is just that, and those can get a dragon killed.

On 13/11/2017 at 1:22 PM, purpledragonclaw said:

@jerzeeshadow your other examples look like censor evasion, so I would say no to all.

I would also nix "Sexy good time."

I am in agreement here. And absolutely opposed to the ones that Jerzeeshadow suggested.

Also Schitt is a surname - so is not a filthy case of censor evasion.

Sexy in its own isn't bad. I have a dragon called Sexyfeathers of Vos -  which is an alt sweetling.  It depends on the connotation's behind it. Sexy good time implies things.

Codes... well codes happen. Its just a (typically) random set of letters and numbers that get mashed together. (sometimes into an unfortunate grouping.) no one is going to get into any sort of trouble for a code - I did speak to TJ about this matter. I think the only problem comes is when the code is used as a name and it straddles the censor evasion.

Edited by Starscream

Frankly, I think the best solution is just to stay out of the "sexy" theme of naming.  And don't use altered bad words and phrases.  In short:  Keep it clean, keep it sweet, and you won't mess your scroll.  (Like I did....)😔

Some silly people like me actually collect naughty codes. Even that is allowed. TJ can't be bothered to program it not to generate such words, so it's not our fault that they exist as codes. We're only liable for names.

Good to hear about Weed God. I was concerned for some of my babies. :P

2 hours ago, Lurhstaap said:

Some silly people like me actually collect naughty codes. Even that is allowed. TJ can't be bothered to program it not to generate such words, so it's not our fault that they exist as codes. We're only liable for names.

Good to hear about Weed God. I was concerned for some of my babies. :P

Yeah, if ya'll are ever in doubt, check out my Sunsongs. XD