Jump to content
MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

^ Yeah. @Madeira is there a reason you're concerned about those names? Names users are worried about are usually ones that might defy the censor or have an inappropriate theme (like sex) or a more adult theme (like alcohol or drugs). Am I missing a reference for your names or are you just being extra careful? It is fine to name dragons after people. Just be aware that if you choose political names or names associated with negative/dangerous people, some people may not like or be comfortable with the names. ^^

Well awhile ago I named a dragon after Che Guevara and that name got removed, so I just wanted to make sure political names were okay?

Edited by Madeira

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Madeira said:

Well awhile ago I named a dragon after Che Guevara and that name got removed, so I just wanted to make sure political names were okay?

Did you go inactive? A few years ago, if you were gone for a couple months, your names were auto-removed. Or did the name just disappear when you tried it - because that means that the name is already in use by someone else.

Share this post


Link to post

Good evening.

I wanted to be on the sure side with a name. I don't think it will be much of a problem but to be sure.

The Drunken Von Elegance would be an inappropriate name?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DragonNighthowler said:

Good evening.

I wanted to be on the sure side with a name. I don't think it will be much of a problem but to be sure.

The Drunken Von Elegance would be an inappropriate name?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, that's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/4/2017 at 4:39 PM, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Did you go inactive? A few years ago, if you were gone for a couple months, your names were auto-removed. Or did the name just disappear when you tried it - because that means that the name is already in use by someone else.

Weirdly no, I had gone inactive in the past... but like I named this dragon, the scroll took it and then the next day the name was gone?

Share this post


Link to post

I knew that a name like Thunderc-word would definitely not be aloud on DC, but what about Thundercooch? The name was available to use, but I'm not sure if it'd still be inappropriate. 

If it's still too pushy, I'll just stick with Thunder-Couch for now.

 

PS It's for my first CB Thunder Dragon, male. I wanted to have a name that's a bit subtle with a humorous play on the opposite of my hatchling's gender, but nothing that would go too far or offend anyone.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler
Censor evasion removed.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DemiD said:

I knew that a name like Thunder**** would definitely not be aloud on DC, but what about Thundercooch? The name was available to use, but I'm not sure if it'd still be inappropriate. 

If it's still too pushy, I'll just stick with Thunder-Couch for now.

 

PS It's for my first CB Thunder Dragon, male. I wanted to have a name that's a bit subtle with a humorous play on the opposite of my hatchling's gender, but nothing that would go too far or offend anyone.

 

I would suggest you stick with Thunder-Couch.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Share this post


Link to post

Is it allowed to name dragons "Because I'm freaking lazy" and "I think Jesus is mad at me", after a conversation from Golden Sun Abridged? I just loved that exchange.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Beldarius said:

Is it allowed to name dragons "Because I'm freaking lazy" and "I think Jesus is mad at me", after a conversation from Golden Sun Abridged? I just loved that exchange.

 

Yes, those are fine.

Share this post


Link to post

Name: Scandigavian Mountaindweller

Link: https://dragcave.net/lineage/2Zgaf (It''s a CB anyways)

 

So, I wanted to name my dragon as Scandinavian and was told to change one letter just because it's fun. Later I found out it's a name used by fans of one show for a gay couple/ship. I'm not sure if this is enough reason to doubt the name choices, but decided to check since, you know... not all countries accept gays as normal. And it's better to be 100% sure rather than 99% sure, as someone in this thread said.

Share this post


Link to post

The name is fine to me, you are not insulting the community with the name. Then I would find it objectionable.

Share this post


Link to post

Name: Cause there's bugger all

lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/3cqcg

 

After rewatching some Monty Python I'm naming my Nebulas with the lyrics of The Galaxy Song. So I'm checking if that name is okay, 'cause of the historical meaning of the word 'bugger'. That dragon's a name-holder obviously.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm no mod, but if I were, I'd suggest booger instead...

 

Not least because it is JUST POSSIBLE someone going after the site could get TJ for allowing it in its naked form...

Share this post


Link to post

Is " God's Love " okay? It's a pure and pretty name I thought but since there's a bit of a religious reference would there be an issue? I didn't really choose it to reference any religion, I just think it rings nicely.

And since it's such a common phrase I was surprised it wasn't taken so it left me wondering. Sorry to ask, it's been bugging me

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Vixey said:

Is " God's Love " okay? It's a pure and pretty name I thought but since there's a bit of a religious reference would there be an issue? I didn't really choose it to reference any religion, I just think it rings nicely.

And since it's such a common phrase I was surprised it wasn't taken so it left me wondering. Sorry to ask, it's been bugging me

I don't see anything wrong with that name. It doesn't contain profanity or discriminate/promote a certain religion. And, unless the people in Valkemare are different, people have had spiritual beliefs since well before the middle agss. I just checked and names like "Jesus" and "Virgin Mary" and "The Bible" have been taken, so it doesn't seem like this will get you in trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post

I really should have asked this before, but would a name like, DasBoSchitt, be acceptable? (I very much doubt it but I just wanted to make sure before I delete it.)

 

The name's from a YouTuber I enjoyed watching a few year ago and so I thought i'd plaster it to a dragon for old memories. It only occurred to me recently that it might not actually be allowed. 

Edited by lovecats99

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, lovecats99 said:

I really should have asked this before, but would a name like, DasBoSchitt, be acceptable? (I very much doubt it but I just wanted to make sure before I delete it.)

 

The name's from a YouTuber I enjoyed watching a few year ago and so I thought i'd plaster it to a dragon for old memories. It only occurred to me recently that it might not actually be allowed. 

Maybe I'm pronouncing it wrong in my head or something, but I think it's fine. 

Share this post


Link to post

@purpledragonclaw Is Schitt really okay?  I mean, well, if that's no problem, then what about phuck, beetch, bestard, peenas, or anes? 

😉

(I'm gonna get a reprimand for sure...)

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

That's quite clever! Seems fine to me.

 

Oh! Well, if you're sure. :) Thanks for the help, everyone.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.