MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Is "2016 sucked" okay? (I'm not sure how bad that word is.)

Its acceptable.

Name of dragon: Bipolar Express

Link of dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/YHjST

I thought it might be a nice Christmassy name based on the 'Polar Express' but i'm quite worried it might offend someone.

Thank you, _Z_! laugh.gif

Edited by lovecats99

Name of dragon: Bipolar Express

Link of dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/YHjST

I thought it might be a nice Christmassy name based on the 'Polar Express' but i'm quite worried it might offend someone.

It's acceptable.

is the name "insert 'high' pun here" appropriate, since it refers to drugs?

edit: also check the name "i have smol butt wings"

Edited by Pixelated_Prophecies

Is this the name in question?  "insert 'high' pun here" if so its acceptable, if your requesting me to use my imagination probably not so much.

"i have smol butt wings"  is acceptable.

Edited by _Z_

Is the Name "Ice Mum" Applicable? For a frostbite dragon with the code "**mom"... But worried that it is in reference to an adult theme, drugs? (Not intended, but worried all the same.)

Is the Name "Ice Mum" Applicable? For a frostbite dragon with the code "**mom"... But worried that it is in reference to an adult theme, drugs? (Not intended, but worried all the same.)

Name is acceptable.

Would a name including "Midol" be acceptable? [scroll-specific prefix] Midol is the exact name I'm looking at.

Would a name including "Midol" be acceptable? [scroll-specific prefix] Midol is the exact name I'm looking at.

Acceptable.

Inappropriate names are ones with inappropriate words (good rule of thumb if it is censored by the forum, it is not appropriate in any language) or inappropriate themes (adult content or slurs). Just because a name isn't taken doesn't mean it was inappropriate; it just means it wasn't taken. Naming after songs or drugs or alcohol, names in other languages, etc. are all fine as long as they don't contain censored words or inappropriate content. If you would not post about it on the forum, it's not okay. If you would confidently post about it on the forum, it's probably okay.

Quote from first page. ;3 Bolded for the last few questions.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Question: would the word "frick" count as censor evasion, or do substitute words not count...? (One of my dragons has a particular code and I'd like to give it a fitting name; currently its name is just "Fricks" but I wanted to double-check that that's an okay name.)

Edited by lolahighwind

Question: would the word "frick" count as censor evasion, or do substitute words not count...? (One of my dragons has a particular code and I'd like to give it a fitting name; currently its name is just "Fricks" but I wanted to double-check that that's an okay name.)

"Socially acceptable" subs, such as frick, are acceptable for forum use, so I bet they're okay on the cave. I would personally advise against only naming your dragon a substitute swear and nothing else, but I am not positive of TJ's views on it.

I named my cats Frick and Frack, Wikipedia that.

I'm thinking of using the suffix "Sachs" as a shortening of my scroll name. While I haven't heard it used as rude slang word here in Australia, there's an itch in the back of my brain telling me I may have heard it on TV etc from elsewhere in the world. Just thought I'd check here, and because my curiosity has now started poking me....

I'm thinking of using the suffix "Sachs" as a shortening of my scroll name. While I haven't heard it used as rude slang word here in Australia, there's an itch in the back of my brain telling me I may have heard it on TV etc from elsewhere in the world. Just thought I'd check here, and because my curiosity has now started poking me....

All I know is that it's a German name.

I think this name is fine.

I want to name a dragon using the Almost Cool Code rules. I'm not sure if the code would count as a censor evasion or not. The dragons name would be tShHI Happens.

Edit:

Thank you Sock.

Edited by Wiz

I want to name a dragon using the Almost Cool Code rules. I'm not sure if the code would count as a censor evasion or not. The dragons name would be tShHI Happens.

Name looks fine to me.

Would Errico Malatesta be an okay name for a dragon?

Also Asia Ramazan Antar

Both names seem fine to me.

^ Yeah. @Madeira is there a reason you're concerned about those names? Names users are worried about are usually ones that might defy the censor or have an inappropriate theme (like sex) or a more adult theme (like alcohol or drugs). Am I missing a reference for your names or are you just being extra careful? It is fine to name dragons after people. Just be aware that if you choose political names or names associated with negative/dangerous people, some people may not like or be comfortable with the names. ^^