MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Disclaimer: I named this dragon Luigi Lombardi after a character from a telenovela (Mexican series) and NOT a political personality. I hope it's OK.

Inappropriate names more refer to adult themes or profanity that should be censored.

Luigi Lombardi is fine.

I'm naked and I love it?

Acceptable.

Cheeto Jesus?

Fine.

Inappropriate names more refer to adult themes or profanity that should be censored.

Ok, Z, Thank you.

I removed the link since this dragon is still a hatchie.

Edited by danicast

Butt is acceptable, so butt sparks is acceptable if you like that sort of name.

Guys, lets try to remember most names are acceptabe unless they are not pg13. If you know the forum censors them as socks posted they are not acceptable. Just use some common sense when naming dragons.

Edited by _Z_

is this dragon's name okay? i thought it was, but i'll change it if not. just being safe ^^ ;

EDIT: i was just wondering, sorry about that! thanks for letting me know it's safe. c :

Edited by gloryKAT

is this dragon's name okay? i thought it was, but i'll change it if not. just being safe ^^ ;

Neither "Fever" nor "Dream" is in any way a swear word, naughty, not safe for work, inapproprioate for children or censor evasion. Why in the seven worlds shouldn't it be OK o_O ?

EDIT: i was just wondering, sorry about that! thanks for letting me know it's safe. c :

Acceptable.

Albany Devils?

That is perfectly fine, and there's no reason why it wouldn't be. smile.gif

Puck Yeah?

I would say no, since that seems like censor evasion.

ETA: Thanks for the correction, Sock, I'll make a note of that for future name checks.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

I would say no, since that seems like censor evasion.

I agree with this.

vv Sounds good to me.

Edited by Earth Gurl

Puck Yeah?

I'm actually going to say this name is fine.

Censor evasion is more using symbols in place of letters in the original word. "Socially acceptable substitutes" are fine for the forum/cave. So I would say "Puck Yeah" or "Fudge Yeah" or "Frack Yeah" are acceptable names.

Neo Cancer?

Acceptable.

I'm considering a new naming scheme with generation tags that are not too obvious, so I've started looking up numbers in different languages. I think there's nothing wrong with these, but double-checking never hurts, right?

ains /aina /ain

twai/twos/twa

threis/thrija

fidwor

fimf

saihs

sibun

ahtau

niun

taihun

erti

ori

sami

otchi

chuti

ekwsi

schwidi

rwa

zchra

ati

satu

dua

tiga

empat

lima

enam

tujuh

delapan

sembilan

sepuluh

(I haven't decided yet which ones to use, so sorry for the long list)

Putting a note in here that the TMB raffle is going to support naming for the current raffle. Here's the ruleset. Feel free to pop over biggrin.gif

user posted image

We're having a raffle variant. This one won't involve breeding, but naming.To enter, post a screenshot of your scroll with the option /show unnamed dragons checked. It should be pretty empty. Growing hatchies don't count against you.

Obviously, some people have special codes they keep. If that's the case, just post and let me know. Now, that does not mean it's okay to have 20+ dragons un-named because "It takes me awhile to pick names" We feel your pain, but that's not going to get an entry.

As far as tickets, this one is you get a ticket in the order that you enter. First to post is 1, etc. 1 entry per person.

Prize! You get to request what Metal gets bred to and you get the egg(s). You get 5 eggs, stopping at your first 2g prize. Refusals and no interest don't count, only eggs. So you could get 4 2g fails and one shiny, but if that 5th egg is a fail you are out of luck and only get five 2g kins. Also, I have to work breedings around the lottery and holidays so it may be fast... or not 8)