MisaTange

Name Check Thread

These are two ancestors of a dragon I have, and I was wondering if the names are ok:

meet me at boobies

time to beat up some kids

Neither is very mature, but I don't think they're against the rules.

Not against another mod disagreeing, though!

Neither is very mature, but I don't think they're against the rules.

Not against another mod disagreeing, though!

agree

This name is okay, right? I wanted it to have something to do with its code and V-day, but not have it be too bad.

Thanks, Ruby. smile.gif

Edited by Syiren

This name is okay, right? I wanted it to have something to do with its code and V-day, but not have it be too bad.

Yes. I believe that that is fine ("love hit my butt" is the name linked)

Edited by rubyshoes

Can someone tell me what is wrong with the name "Aolu of Scurra"? i had to rename him, and i don't know why...

i renamed him to "Anraoi of Scurra" now, think this is okay? None of my "of Scurra" Xenos were a problem except Aolu, and i simply don't get it :/

greetings

Can someone tell me what is wrong with the name "Aolu of Scurra"? i had to rename him, and i don't know why...

i renamed him to "Anraoi of Scurra" now, think this is okay? None of my "of Scurra" Xenos were a problem except Aolu, and i simply don't get it :/

greetings

No idea. smile.gif It seems fine to me and I did search to see if the name was in use - it wasn't so I tried naming a hatchling that and it worked fine - I then removed the name from my dragon so that you could use it.

Okay, so this is about names I've not yet actually used.

I tend to work on song lineages a lot lately, and one of the ideas I came up with is probably going to be my longest and maybe hardest, namely because I want to do the whole song as opposed to just doing a verse and chorus as I have done so far. Thing is, the song in question has several instances of swearing (two definite, two I'm not too sure about).

Now I know swearing itself is not allowed, obviously, but what I wanted to ask is this; can I still use the lines in question but censor them by just removing the offending words, or would it be best to cut out those lines altogether? I want to ask before I started collecting CBs for it, in case I end having to scrap the idea of doing the whole song.

These are the offending lines. Censored, obviously, because even though only two are outright curses, I'm not sure about the other two.

Ya don't know what you're dealin' with

No, you never did

Ya don't know what you're lookin' at,

But that's tough censorkip.gif, kid!

Watch me now!

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space and I'm bad.

I'm just a mean green mother, a real disgrace,

And you've got me fightin' mad

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space,

Gonna trash your censorkip.gif

Gonna rock this place,

'Cause I'm mean and green and I am bad

You know I don't come from no black lagoon

I'm from past the stars and beyond the moon

You can keep The Thing, keep The It,

keep The Creature, they don't mean censorkip.gif (this is the only I know would definitely not be allowed)

I got one style, major moves

I got the stuff and I think that proves

You better move it out

Nature calls

You got the point?

I'm gonna bust your censorkip.gif

Edited by CharonDusk

So if you're asking about names, it's best to provide the lines as you would use them. Ie if you're going to just remove the swearing, then remove it in your example above so we can see exactly what you mean. ^^ (As well, some of those lines are more than 32 characters, so it's nice to see how you might split them up.)

Also this comment "(this is the only I know would definitely not be allowed)" kinda confuses me. If anything is censored on the forum, consider it inappropriate for the cave.

In any case, if you just remove the offending words, it looks fine to me.

Okay, so as long as I don't put the words themselves, even in a censored form, it should fine?

I think I can figure out how to work this now. Thank you!

Edited by CharonDusk

I would have to see how you wanted to censor the words to be able to comment on if they were acceptable censors.

Well, I was thinking just not putting the words at all, for one way. For example;

"Ya don't know what you're lookin' at,

But that's tough, kid!""

Another way I was thinking but wasn't sure about was like this;

"You got the point?

I'm gonna bust your b---s!"

The first is fine. The second would be considered censor evasion. While that isn't technically an inappropriate word, I agree in that context, you should remove it or change it altogether to an acceptable substitute.

Yeah, I thought it would be considered evasion.

Okay, now I definitely have a few ideas on how to work this. Thank you! smile.gif

I'm so glad I found this thread. I've been naming my dragons with Latin adjectives for five years now and I've always had fears that someone may misunderstand some word and get my dragons killed...

So I've been meaning to ask - a lot of those adjectives are made up like Latin words and I have some Lunar Heralds with the surname "Futuendus" which is supposed to mean "sexually attractive" in Latin (I really love Lunar Heralds). So is this offensive in any way? It's in a dead language but I still want to make sure.

I also have two Dark Myst Pygmies with surnames "Niger" and "Nigra" since they are a male and a female and this means respectfully "black" in Latin. Would this be considered offensive?

Edited by evinin

All I could find on your supposed "sexually attractive" Latin translation is vulgar words which are definitely not appropriate.

The second two for black should be okay because there is even a country called Niger, but I welcome more opinions.

Part of a song lyric:

"Promise you won't go out"

"and get mugged and murdered on me"

Is this okay?

Part of a song lyric:

"Promise you won't go out"

"and get mugged and murdered on me"

Is this okay?

Probably okay.

Probably okay.

Thanks! If any other mods disagree, please let me know!

(It's also a totally upbeat song, so if context matters it won't be part of some violent, angry lineage.)

I'm pretty sure this is okay, but I want to ask so I'm sure. I named this little guy Wepeed due to his code. Is 'pee' okay in a name? laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure this is okay, but I want to ask so I'm sure. I named this little guy Wepeed due to his code. Is 'pee' okay in a name? laugh.gif

Yes.

so if context matters

Context really only matters so much in the context we get as whatever you name it. xP