MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Since we're an AE based site, it's probably allowed due to oversight or because it's only three letters and would too easily interfere with other names people could use. IMO I would say it's an inappropriate name and to report anyone you see that does use it.

K, I'm gonna remove the name from my dragon. Hopefully the name will just be left alone. If someone hadn't taken it until today, I hope that means most users know better than to purposely seek that name. Thanks for the help~

Is the name WOMBS alright?

The dragon I named that has the code VOMBS and womb was the first thing to pop in my head.

Both of the above seem fine to me (wombs and the hot skitty etc).

Aw sweet, thanks ruby

you're welcome

Silverbutts the Swallowtail

Is that fine? I didn't know what to name my first swallowtail that happened to be female, so...xd.png

Silverbutts the Swallowtail

Is that fine? I didn't know what to name my first swallowtail that happened to be female, so...xd.png

Seems fine to me as well.

Is it ok to name a dragon after a real famous person (living or dead)? I was thinking about starting a Nebula lineage dedicated to sci-fi writers. But I've noticed that I've never seen such names on other peoples' dragons. If I name a dragon something like 'Ray Bradbury Nebula' or 'Arthur Clark Galaxy' - is it appropriate?

Is it ok to name a dragon after a real famous person (living or dead)? I was thinking about starting a Nebula lineage dedicated to sci-fi writers. But I've noticed that I've never seen such names on other peoples' dragons. If I name a dragon something like 'Ray Bradbury Nebula' or 'Arthur Clark Galaxy' - is it appropriate?

Why shouldn't it be? Many of my dragons carry names of famous people, mostly alive, but still it's OK. I don't think there's anything wrong with naming dragons after people you look up to or just like, it's just like any other name that could have popper into your head. wink.gif

So I have a Frilled dragon on my scroll with the code fHAK, and I usually like naming via code but... is it kind of too borderline in this case?

Edited by Sapphire Dragon

So I have a Frilled dragon on my scroll with the code fHAK, and I usually like naming via code but... is it kind of too borderline in this case?

I guess that would depend on what name you were actually thinking of. If you mean that you would use "fHAK" just like that in the name, that'd be fine.

I guess that would depend on what name you were actually thinking of. If you mean that you would use "fHAK" just like that in the name, that'd be fine.

Yeah, likely would be same caps and with the surname I give every dragon on my scroll, and the Caveborn thing I put to know what to breed.

So one of these two probably:

Fhak Tarakore - CB

FHAK Tarakore - CB

Would using Bender in my Purple Dorsal names be allowed? I know it's offensive to British people, but I don't want to rename all my dorsals.

The reason I asked about Hot Skitty is because the name has to do with Pokemon Breeding, but anyone who could recognize what I wrote could probrably get the joke.

Bender? I don't quite understand how it's rude to British people......

Anyways this is an american based site, with the site language being primarily english. There are worldwide players here but the majority (I assume) are american or live in North America.

I doubt it will be an issue

i have a pair of magis named 'Foxy Mulder' and 'Damn-a Sculley' (transfers are akin to abductions) and im pretty sure Mulders name is ok but im more worried about Scullys and id hate to split them because of a name violation. They also reside in a group of alien themed dragons

I don't kno much about the British English connotation, but I heard of it after naming my dragons.

Would using Bender in my Purple Dorsal names be allowed? I know it's offensive to British people, but I don't want to rename all my dorsals.

The reason I asked about Hot Skitty is because the name has to do with Pokemon Breeding, but anyone who could recognize what I wrote could probrably get the joke.

I think bender if fine. (I had to look the hot skitty up earlier but did see the reference).

i have a pair of magis named 'Foxy Mulder' and 'Damn-a Sculley' (transfers are akin to abductions) and im pretty sure Mulders name is ok but im more worried about Scullys and id hate to split them because of a name violation. They also reside in a group of alien themed dragons

I think those are fine since damn isn't censored here on the forum.

Edited by rubyshoes

Are drug references allowed? I'm not exactly sure, but I just got the name "Hard H" and I wanted to make sure it's fine before leaving it on my scroll... xd.png

If it's not, I'll remove it immediately~

Okay, I'm considering naming a Pyralspite "Red Light District". What do you think? Is it OK?

Okay, I'm considering naming a Pyralspite "Red Light District". What do you think? Is it OK?

I think it would be ok but I'd also like a few more opinions.

edit: Burning, I really don't know about the drug references so I'd like some more mod opinions on that.

Edited by rubyshoes