AbsolutelyAlexis

Behind the Façade

((I like your signature! biggrin.gif ))

"Ah, but I've got killer personality as well, my dear," he said, checking the time. The plane started to nosedive and he smiled. There was an open plain below them, just off the coast of Italy. Tess was aiming right for it. She pulled up at the last second, smoothly landing. Sylver laughed as a few passengers threw up. Oh, life was good. So, so good.

Annie sighed when she was ignored and just looked out of the window as the plane started to nosedive before smoothly landing on a plain below them. She stood up and got her luggage, making her way to the side door where they were supposed to get out as he heard him laugh. She just wanted to get off of the plane and wander around a bit. She had never been to Italy before and she was eager to see the sights. As she reached the side door, she opened it, and then jumped out before walking away from the plane.

(Thanks, I like to asemble quote I feel are cool, and I know how to make banners quickly and without any stupid 'made by' line.)

Luna snorted and open closed her hand as if it was a mouth "Blah blah, killer personality. Blah." She quickly hoarded all the food off of the cart and swallowed it in two bites. Then she quickly got out and down the plane and lept into the air. "Wooho!! Freedom!!" As soon as she landed, she quickly transformed. Her body turned into rippling silver as she quickly ran away fom the coast, using her nose to look for the nearest forest. She quickly sped up and veered left, soon a few miles away. 'I can't wait to eat an owl. A nice challenge, but very bony.' She thought back to the discarded meat on the body of the second pilot. 'Nah, I never like eating faces anyway. Nor brains for that matter.'

Edited by warewolves

Mewanwhile, back fruther on the plane, Kirin had gone back to her seat, and like expected, recieved a lecturing from Jeremiah... at least at first.

"What were you thinking of... there were obviously armed people up there... you could have been hurt.. or worse." But then Jeremiah noticed that Kirin was obviously shaken by something or other.." What happened up there, Kirin?" he asked, this time more gently... it wasn't often that anything happened that shook Kirin, and the idea worried him.

"There is a wolf up there who is ... well she is certifyable I can tell you that... I won't get into the details, but.. WOW! It honestly makes me wonder how we can survive when... twhen there are wolves out there doing terrible things, and its THEM that seem to be foremost in everyone esles mionds." she spoke this in the tounge of the wolves, so that the other passengers couldn't understand her... but Jeremiah could, and softly enough that they wouldn't overhear her anyway.

"Kirin..." Jereiah started to go to answer when the plane began a rather steep dive to go in for a landing... maybe better to wait until later.

As the plane came in for a landing, Kirin mused about something she had overheard the mad she-wolf say as she had headed back... " it sthe wolf that makes the blood" she thought... as much as she hated to admit it, she could see some truth in it. Alpha blood certainly did have its benefits, but it only could do so much.. a wolf DID neeeed to do for themselves, too. THough what that might mean, what she stood for, Kirin hadn't entirely decided yet.What would she make of HER blood?

Edited by LeopardDragon

Coming into a small forest she slowed down and began to walk. She sighed and closed her eyes. She listened intentl and sighed once. "There's nothing here that I am peckish for. I'll stay here for a while, then head into town." Nodding once she slipped into a trees shadow and layed down to rest. Closing her eyes she would seem to be asleep.

Edited by warewolves

The two of them got off the plane relatively unnoticed and propped the unconnscious Adelbrecht into a comfortable chair at the airport.n Jeremiah, meanwhile had ordered them a rental car... a fire engine red BMW convertible.

Kirin grinned, she wondered what Adelbrecht would think about their choice of a care originating in his homeland. she had decided one thing, from the musings she had done... she emphatically didn't want to be the kind of monster that the humans feared. In fact, she had sworn then and there that she would do her best to stand against any such that she knew of. She needed to learn how to fight, though, first.

Jeremiah glanced at Kiirn as they waited for the other werewolf to come to. Kirin had been qiet... too quiet. "What is on your mind, Kirin?" he questioned after a time. He had to know what was going on in that busy brain of hers.

"We need to do something", she said," Son't you see... Sylver has to be stopped, I don't hink he will stop until he has killed or otherwise put down anyone that dares get in his way. To say nothing about the innocent humans that will almost certainly be killed in the process." Her concern showed on her face as she whispered this to him in the language of the wolves."Don't you see... its the wolf that makes the blood. What is important is what we do... not who we are."

"I know," Jeremiah whsipered back," And from what you told me, he isn't the ONLY dangerous one. " He sighed" What kind of chessgame have we gotten ourself into, Kirin."

"I don't know," she replied, shaking her head sadly... Oh how she wished that she had never, ever brought Jeremiah into this. But how could she have known about a great many things...." she sighed sadly.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Adelbrecht shook his head, dazed, as he opened his eyes. A very confused look was on his face as he realized he was no longer on the plane. Cocking his head, he glanced at the car he was in. BMW? How nice of them. Giving him a familiar car. He actually had one of these back home...

"Nice choice. May I ask where the heck we are? What happened? What the hell went on when I was out? How long was I out?"

I... stood up to Sylver... though that mad-she wolf was creeping me out." Kirin admitted... she honestly wasn't certain how he would take this." You were out for at least a good few minutes... long enough for the plane to land in Italy and Sylver and his harem of girlfriends to make their escape. Honestly, why do she-wolves seem to be drawn to him like moths to a flame?" True he was physically attractive, Kirin reflected, but the plain fact of it was that Sylver was a manipulative, cruel... she wouldn't even let her brain think half of the words she knew that would be perfectly true and applicable to Sylver.

Jeremiah piped up at this point," she was really bothered by it... worse than I have ever seen her." This fact alone gave Jeremiah pause... if something was that capable of disturbing a tough chess-player woman, then what really did go on up there.

Kirin nodded a little ashamed of the truth. " How can we survive, how can we keep the humans from destroying us all when there are werewolves doing terrible, monstrous things; inevitably they are the ones they see..." She looked sadly at Adelbrecht and then at Jeremiah... " I'm not even sure of who or what I really am, anymore." This was true enough... a great deal of what Sylver had said had shaken her faith in herself, although she knew now what she stood for... equal rights for werewolves and humans.

Edited by LeopardDragon

A howl sounded through the wind. Luna had found a traget. She growled once and was silent as she began the stalking of her prey. It was a small baby fawn, deer. It's leg was wounded and it's mother had already given it up for dead. The least Luna could do was put it out of its misery. She stalked out into the clearing, the fawn trying to stay still and hide from her nose. Closer and closer, luna was almost ready to pounce. Suddenly a shape reared and she dodged back. The mother deer had been hiding in wait so to catch the enemy off guard. Luna growled and her eyes glinted. Now she could have a fitting battle. Food, verses Luna. Lune growled and began to circle the mother deer. The deer watched her with frightened eyes, but stayed in frount of its baby. Luna waited, and was rewarded. The deer struck out, leaving itself open to attack. Luna dodged and jumped through the gap, her teeth locking onto the deers throaght. As she dragged the deer to the ground she became aware of another deer charging at her. She jumped back and watched them get tangeled together. The mother der had had it though, and the eyes glazed over as she dies. The other deer, male this time, snorted and charged Luna. Luna nimbly sidestepped and jmped back as the deer made for her. She sighe, this was getting complicated. There were more deer coming. It was like they were trying to defeat her. 'Alright, that's it' She growled mentally and dived at the deer and tearing out the neck in one swift movement and jumping back. She quickly grabbed the baby and retreated out of the way. The deer sniffed around for her, but eventually gave up. They mourned the loss of the three deer, and then left. As soon as they were gone Luna walked over to the other two bodies and dropped the still alive baby. She began to feast on the father. The baby deer sat there, imobolised by fear.

Ziva looked around after the plane landed before grabbing her stuff from the cargo area above her head. "Coming?" she asked Tioga with a raised eyebrow before walking away towards the exit. She then jumped out and went to a few nearby trees that were on the edge of the plain that they were now in before waiting there for her boyfriend. She didn't want to leave him behind and she also didn't know the place as well. She wanted him to lead the way so that they could enjoy the sights together.

Des continued to look around the place that she and Beck were in, waiting for the dark wolf to say something in reply to her statements that he had asked for. While looking around, she tried to think of a way to get away from the strange wolf holding them captive and his group. She wasn't even sure why she and Beck had been singled out in the first place. They weren't that special and she knew for a fact that she wasn't. I wonder why Adelbrecht even keeps me around, she thought sulkily to herself with a small sigh.

Annie had gone into the woods beyond the plane's resting place and was exploring them a bit. As she walked, she wondered where Sylver's pack was going to be. She would find a spot but in order to tell him that she might have found the perfect place, he had to be there with her and he wasn't. She then shrugged, continuing to walk along until she came across a small clearing. She walked towards it curiously, looking around it and thinking that it would be a perfect spot to start a pack in.

"The classic girl. No matter if there is a good-looking guy who also happens to be nice, right in front of them, they always happen to fall for the bad guy. It's like they're attracted to trouble. Women," Adelbrecht responded, shaking his head. "Kirin. You've got something on your mind. Tell me." He now drummed his fingers on his armrest, glancing at the girl he spoke to. She was beautiful and he deeply wished that she could be his, but he knew that Jeremiah was undoubtedly a better choice for her. Turning his head out the window, he glanced at the area they were driving in.

Tioga smiled, stepping off the plane. Coming to stand by her, he put a hand to her shoulder. Walking to a sidewalk, it took him awhile to figure out where they were. They were only a few minutes from the woods he had lived in. Walking over to a road and signaling to a taxi, he gave the driver instructions to his house. Holding the door open for Ziva, he waited for her to step inside the car.

Sylver walked over to Annie, his stride quick and long. Shifting into a wolf, he soon caught up with her, his massive paws pounding into the earth. Flicking his ears towards her, he lightly wagged his tail before letting out a yawn.

"What were you thinking? This place? Nice, though I'll need to hire a contractor to create a building of some sort here. I don't like doing this kind of thing myself," he said in wolf tongue, turning to the girl before him.

The man looked at Des carefully. She seemed to be telling the truth. If she didn't know about Adelbrecht's condition... The man smiled. He would tell her, then.

"Ah... You know naught of Adelbrecht's condition. I suspect he has two personalities, though he tells me nothing of this. If you don't know anything of this, I shall enlighten you. Your leader is unstable and sometimes rash and cruel. Is he not? Tell me I'm wrong. Please, do try and come up with a convincing argument, though. Why don't you join me? Join us. We'd be honored to have you in our company."

Ziva followed after him to the road and then got in after her opened the door for her. "Thanks," she said after she went to the right side of the car. She then looked out the window as she waited for him to get it. She couldn't wait to see his house and the sights of Italy. Coming here with Tioga was the best trip ever, she thought to herself as her eyes sparkled with happiness.

Annie looked down at the wolf Sylver and said in reply in wolf tongue to his questions, "Yes I was thinking this place but if you don't like it we could always look elsewhere." In reply to his statement, she just nodded and walked a bit more into the clearing. She stopped when she was in the middle and looked around, imagining what could go where and how big the places could be. She then shifted to her wolf form to look around the area better with her wolf eyes. Not that it mattered but she just wanted to see what it looked like while in her wolf form.

Des looked at the man and listened to all that he said before saying in reply to his first question, "Yes he is and I'm not going to argue with you on that point since I'm agreeing with you." In reply to his other question and offer she said, "Why should I join you and better yet why do you want me in your pack. I'm not all that special and I'd rather stay with my boyfriend thank you very much." She looked away from the man and to the area that they were in, occasionally glancing at Beck to see what his reaction to what she just said was. She hoped that they could be in a relationship even though she knew or figured that he didn't really trust her since she kind of played a part in his becoming a werewolf.

Jeremiah was quiet as he listened to Adelbrecht talk with Kirin... how could he ever hope to cmpare with him.. rich, powerful and far more experienced about werewolves than he was.

" The truth is that Luna... she got to me, Sylver too. like I said. I know that humans hate us... and I see why, what with wolves like that who think nothing of killing and even eating them." A look of horror crossed the sh-wolf chessplayers face as she said this, " I don't want to become... like that." She admitted. "I know in myself that I am capable of as evil of things as sylver or Luna... we all are, so how can we survive when the humans think us monsters? I dont even know if I can trust myself, anymore." Kirin ordinarliy didn't open up this much of her soul to anyone... it was to easy to get hurt, but as uncertain as she still wasa about all that being a werewolf meant.... what she had seen on the plane troubled her.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"You're wrong, Kirin. You're not capable of those things. Anyone is capable of physically harming someone, but the thing that makes us different from them is that we're not mentally capable of that, at least not yet," Adelbrecht murmured, staring steadily at her. "We'll survive because there are some of you who do not want to kill. There are some who don't want to kill the humans, like me," he said, noticeably leaving out werewolves in his last statement. Adelbrecht had no problems with killing someone like Sylver. Adelbrecht was tainted. Jeremiah was still like a human in his thought process. Dealing with Sylver had changed Adelbrecht forever. Tainted him.

"It's fine. What's your human profession? Do you have one? I don't. You know, I originally was a wolf, not a human. Strange how that works, isn't it?" Sylver said, idly pacing and looking at the area. "I'm not very familiar with human ways. Luckily Adelbrecht knew them, or I'd be at a loss. Shame he has a heart. If he didn't, he could be quite useful. A double of me, you could say. Instead we are alter-egos. A waste, really."

Beck looked over at Des. Was she being serious. Well, he'd have to think on this. After all, she had played a major part in his turning. He'd go with it, for now at least. In front of this man, that was. This man scared him, almost. Beck struggled against the ropes and, seeing this, the man snapped his fingers, having two people come over and cut their bonds.

"You're terribly mistaken. I don't really want you. You're not special. I want him, and as I inferred, you two are a package deal. All I need one of you to do is agree and then the other will come around to your train of thought. You just seemed like the smarter one. I wanted this man because he has alpha blood. That's the only reason I'm here, trying to persuade you."

Kirin nodded... she was beginning to calm down a bit and what Adelbrecht was saying made sense." We have to do something to stop them, though." She said after a moment. " We can't let them..." she shook her head." I don't know what Sylver has planned, but I can pretty much gaurentee that it WON'T be anythiong good." Didn't those who still had their humanity more or less intact have a responsibility to protect the humans from the wolves who would destroy them and everything they knew? "My family are all humans... all of them. I do not want for Sylver to take over and mke them slaves to his pack... or worse." Her eyes burned as she said this. "I understand that humans did terrible things to his family; but that can't possibly ever make the hatred he has for them right. He may think himself pretty smart... but I am at least as smart as he is." Sylver seemed to think he knew how to push Kirin's buttons, but he also appeared to have broken the number one rule of chess... or any kind of contest for that matter, NEVER underestimate your opponant.

Jeremiah listened to this conversation, and with much of what Kirin said, he agreed. He might now be a werewolf, but he did think that from what he had seen of Sylver, he was dangerous and ought to be stopped. "Sir," he spoke up " It occures to me... if I were a rogue werewolf inent on striking out at the humans... I would attempt to collect as many wolves who thought as I did as possible and form a pack of my own.

"True enough," nodded Kirin," Which is exactly what he appears to be doing.... now if it were me, I would attempt to find a place to use for my headquarters...someplace the humans wouldn't think to look. Now the question is... where arouund here fits that description. Where could a wolf hide out relatively unnoticed?"

Edited by LeopardDragon

((what about Tioga?))

"Alright and I don't have one," Annie said in reply as she looked over her shoulder at him. "I'm a loner as a wolf and a loner as a human." In reply to everything else he said about being a human she just nodded but didn't really know what to say verbally. She just sighed and went up to a hill that was in the clearing and that overlooked it, looking down at everything from there. As she stayed there for a bit, she started to mutter to herself what could go where.

Des was about to cry when she heard all that he said to her and said in reply as she stood up since she was now back in human form, "Fine. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just going to go to that hill over there and think." As she said this last statement, she pointed to the hill that she was talking about and then went to it and sat down on it shortly afterward. As soon as she was sitting down, her tears burst forth and started to fall down her cheeks. Why don't they just kill me then if I'm not really important to them or anyone else, she thought sadly to herself as she picked at the grass around her.

"The woods of Italy, of course. There were some by the landing site, though a good hike away. Most people would get a taxi, though if you're a werewolf, running is fine too. There are a few houses and such over there, as well as a village. Abandoned, mostly. But I'm sure Sylver will take care of the people. That means we need to head over there as soon as possible," Adelbrecht said, his mind already racing. If he was over there, he must have Tess and them near him as always. His protection, shields, you could say.

Tioga closed the door once he was inside of the taxi. They drove for a short amount of time, finally coming to a small village. The houses were quaint and very nice and thick woods surrounded them. For the most part, it was abandoned. But there were still a few people around.

Sylver walked through the woods, exploring, when he came upon a small village. It was perfect. Secluded and not many people around. He'd just have to deal with them. Then he noticed the two people who had been on the plane were here. They would be more difficult to get rid of, as they were werewolves. Of course, they could always join them. That was a nice thought. Except they looked to be boyfriend and girlfriend. All Sylver had to do was convince one of them, but this would be tricky....

Beck walked up to Des, putting a hand on her shoulder and sitting down beside her. She looked really upset and for good reason. There was no way Beck would join if they treated Des like that. He'd decline their offer, though he did suppose the man might kill him. Shrugging, he figured he really didn't care.

"Des, it was wrong how they treated you. You didn't deserve that. I think you're special. You're clearly different than most other girls. I knew that form the minute I saw you."

Kirin nodded," Yes, that certainly does sound like it would be exactly what Sylver would be looking for." She nodded to Jeremiah, who happened to be driving, indicating that he should head in the direction that Adelbrecht had indicated.

Jeremiah saw the look in Kirin's eyes... she had a plan in mind, evidently... though what that might be he couldn't guess... she did have a way of masking her true intent. ' And what of Sylver's wolves? Surely there are more of them than there are of us..." he added, it didn't do to be rash, they had to think this through carefully.

"Tess, if she is here, is the one I am concerned about. She seemed to me a capable fighter. About this new she-wolf that Sylver has taken to hanging with... i can't say about her." Replied Kirin." It occures to me, too that I saw a few other wolves on that flight..." Kirin blushed a little here... surely a she-wolf like Tess would be a much more worthy Alphess than a novice like herself... Alpha blood or no; and what of Jeremiah... he still bviously liked her, and the fact that she was a were-wolf was an obstacle no longer to their being together.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Dragging the live fawn into the village she gazed around and hummed a small tune. She would eat it later. She spotted silver and smirked, approaching him from behind and saying "Well Well, what are you doing here? Are you planning to destroy the village and take it as your own for your pack mr 'I'm so evil'." She snorted and pulled her fawn off her sholder and breathed it in deeply. "Mmmmn, I'll catch you later." And she dropped the fawn and gave it a shove to send it running away. She turned back and smirked "So, you going to tell me about your pack? What's your main goal eh mr 'alpha blood."

Ziva got out of the car with Tioga and looked around the village that they had come across. She thought that it was really nice and wondered if one of the houses that they were seeing right then was Tioga's. She then shrugged a bit, knowing that he'd probably show her his house soon and didn't really wonder too much about it. With a small sigh, she had her attention go back to the taxi even though she felt eyes on them. She tried not to worry too much about it but she felt a sense of unease and hoped that he either would or wouldn't pick up on it.

Annie continued to survey the area until she stopped doing that and just sat down on the hill. She was happy that she had helped Sylver find a place that he could start his pack even if he didn't really seem all that enthusiastic about the place. She still felt like she had been helpful and that made her a bit happy. She liked being helpful since it gave her a good feeling even if the people that she was helping were strangers or if she had just met them and didn't know them all that well. She continued to sit there for a little while longer before she laid down on her side and took a nap where she was.

"Special as in you knew that I was a werewolf or something else?" Des asked in reply to his third statement where he had said that he thought that she was special. "And thanks that means a lot to me," she said in reply to the rest of what he said with a small sniff after she had calmed down a bit more. The third statement that he had said caught her attention the most and she just wanted to know what he meant by special. She was happy that he didn't think her unimportant like the man that had taken them seemed to think along with Adelbrecht. She didn't know for sure that the latter thought her unimportant but she was just assuming that he did.

"Yes, Tess is a capable and trained killer. She's more dangerous than any other female Sylver could've taken and he knows it. We'll have to watch out for her. She's been trained in the arts of many types of fighting just like me and Sylver. I'm worried for your and Jeremiah's sake. Why don't we go another time, eh? Then we can go off on foot secretly to confirm if they're there. They might move their base if they- then again, there are human lives at stake... this is a tough decision. This could come down to a fight, Kirin. It's them against us, now. I'm also worried about the feral girl. Not so much the other werewolf couple. They won't be too much of a problem," Adelbrecht replied, nodding in thought.

"Actually, yes. The humans will get in my way, but otherwise this place is perfect. My main goal is to destroy Adelbrecht's pack and, once I've done that, rise to power over the human race and kill anyone who gets in my way. Simple. I'll start with a dictatorship right here, but it'll spread like wildfire. What are you looking for in a pack?" Sylver asked, studying her for any hostile movements. "You also wasted a perfectly good meal there. Fawns are one of my favorites. I prefer it raw, as well. I started off wolf, after all. It is to be expected."

Beckoning to her, Tioga showed her behind the first row of houses. Back here there was a large city, and only then did you realize they had driven onto a large cliff overlooking a dense forest. Tall buildings were built into the stone of the cliff. Going into the mostly-abandoned city, Tioga finally came across his house, a small stone house with lots of windows. "Some of its underground," he explained.

"No. Not the werewolf thing but you. You're special because of who you are, not because of blood, not because of looks. Because of personality," Beck said, smiling. "He's an idiot. I don't think I want to join him, but I suppose we could find the one guy for him. Then he might see how useful you are, or be more eager to let us go."

((Village: user posted image))

Edited by Packgoater

Ziva followed him behind the first row of houses to see an abandoned, or mostly abandoned, city and she looked around it with awe and amazement in her eyes while he led her to his house. "Wow this is cool," she said as she looked at it. "I didn't know that a city like this could exist. Well I thought the same about the pack's city but this is different." She then looked into his eyes and asked, "Do you still have a key to the house so that we can get in or is it unlocked?"

"Oh thanks," Des said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks before kissing him on the cheek. She then pulled away a few minutes afterward as she listened to the rest of what he said. "Well maybe if we just give him a location of where the other wolf might be he might let us go," she said in reply to the rest of what he said. "I don't want to join him either but we may not have a choice." She sighed a little sadly before resting her head on his shoulder while they continued to sit on the hill.

Luna nodded once and mused. "Well, if you do kill any humans bring them to me. And as for the Fawn I could find it very quickly and meat is best eaten fresh." She gazed around the city. "Now for what I'm looking for in a pack? Well not much really. I don't care what your goals are, I don't care what you do. As long as there's plenty of meat and some wolves to fight here or there I'm good. So if you can provide me with those, I'll join ya pack, for now anyway. I can't promise I will stay forever, nor will I trust you. But if you promise me those two things, then I'll hang around for as long as I feel like it."

Edited by warewolves