AbsolutelyAlexis

Behind the Façade

((Thanks))

"I don't know. Our plane boards tomorrow, so I guess we have the rest of the day left to try and NOT get captured by the Pack, right? Sounds pretty boring. Why don't we take a walk, strictly on populated trails that we could blend in on? Sound good? Or we could take a walk as wolves. I doubt they'd recognize us as those."

"If I hated you, why would I be here? Of course I don't hate you. I don't blame you for this. I only blame the pale man. Who is he?" Beck said as he lay on the ground beside Des. He softly licked the tip of one of her ears as if to say it was going to be all okay.

Adelbrecht grinned, flashing definitely-nonhuman teeth at Jeremiah. Being infused with alpha blood, he had special 'abilities'. He was using one now, only changing part of himself into wolf. Most werewolves can't do that, so he figured he was in the clear, not taking to mind he wasn't in a room with average humans. No, he was in a room with chess players of the best kind. He didn't really care anyway.

"So, how do you know Kirin?"

Jeremiah's eyes widened when the man smiled revealing a set of predatory, animal-like teeth. It was as if a little alarm started going off inside his brain... A werewolf... so help him this man was a werwolf... did Kirin know? He had never been one to believe in werewolves or other such things, but Jeremiah didn't know how else to explain what he had just seen. Perhaps the stories his grandmother used to tell him had some basis in truth, after all? He had always dismissed them as out and out fairytailes but ,if they did... He had to think carefully or this situation could quickly turn dangerous, and after a moments thought he decided that the safest course of action was to answer the werwolf's question truthfully. "We've known each other for a couple of years now, "he replied," Ever since she made master rank. She's the most beautiful woman I have ever met, but... I don't think she views me as anything more than a collegue and friend", he confided sadly. "And how about you", he returned, "How is it that you know her?" He watched the werewolf carefully for a response.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Taking a walk as wolves sounds good," Ziva said in reply as she got up and stretched a bit. After she stretched, she shifted to her wolf form, and then went through the dog door at the top of the stairs to wait for Tioga outside. Before she had shifted and gone outside, she made sure that her passport was on top of her duffel-bag so that she wouldn't forget it tomorrow. She wondered if they were going to be leaving in the morning, afternoon, or the evening but then shrugged it off and figured that she'd ask him later about the time. As she waited for Tioga, she looked up at the sky and watched the clouds pass by.

"I guess not and I'm glad you don't hate me," Des said in reply as she felt a bit better than earlier. In reply to his question she said, "His name is Adelbrecht and he's the Alpha of the pack." She felt a little comforted as she felt him lick her ear in order to tell her that it all was going to be okay. "Want me to take you on a tour around the city?" she asked him after a few minutes. "We'll have to stop at my house first to get clothes if you want to do it in human form or we could stay in our wolf forms and do it; up to you."

Beck smiled. He had lived in the city for years now and he knew the city by heart. He wouldn't mind taking a walk with Des though, so he accepted.

"I'd love to," he said, his eyes sparkling and looking like the ocean. "Why don't we do it as wolves?"

Tioga shifted to his wolf form and followed Ziva out the dog door, though he barely fit through. He walked over to Ziva, who seemed to be currently amusing herself by looking at the clouds. He trotted over to her and licked the side of her cheek.

"Lead the way," he said, his gold eyes glancing at a cloud before resting on her.

Adelbrecht practically choked. Wait, so Kirin didn't like this man before Adelbrecht? Did that mean Kirin was seeing someone in private? Whatever the case, he decided he did not like Jeremiah. Jeremiah liked Kirin and he was much more likable, probably better for Kirin and was sickeningly nice, even if he knew the person was A. a werewolf, B. a really rich man who looked like he has people high up and C. Someone who likes Kirin. Adelbrecht found it rather disgusting how polite this man was.

"Waiiiiit. You mean to say Kirin Ashwood doesn't like YOU? And I can't quite remember how I met Kirin," he said, not entirely lying, for he met her on the full moon and no wolf remembers quite what happens on the full moon.

Jeremiah was slightly surprised by the werwolf-man's reaction. "No, I wish!" He said with a laugh."Why do you ask?" his eyes narrowed questioningly as he asked the question. A werewolf liked Kirin, but... that didn't make any sense at all... it was said that werewolves HATED humans... He eyed the stranger suspiciously..How was it that he knew Kirin, but couldn't remember from where?

"Hey Jeremiah, we're all signed in we probably should be heading up to the tournament area.." Kirin's voice called. Kirin had been watching the two of them... prepared every second to step in an end the conflict she had been sure, at first, would ccome. When the seconds had passed and it didn't, she had allowed herself to relax a little. She glanced at the Alpha especially... why had he come here; to find out who she had been speaking to on the phone, perhaps, and perhaps he meant to find out what she was truely capable of... she grinned. It was time to put on a show then was it, best not to dissapoint him.

"OK,"Jermiah called back... he glanced back at the werewolf... "Now, if you will excuse me..."he turned to go," Oh and enjoy watching the tournament." He had no doubt that this stranger meant to observe them, and Kirin especially... Who was he and what did he have to do with her... He would have questions for Kirin later... A LOT of questions...

Edited by LeopardDragon

((i meant around the pack city or whatever it's called; not the actual city...oh and I'm drawing Des and Beck in their wolf forms, how they before Des moved to be near her house; like laying down beside each other))

"Okay," Ziva said in reply before licking him back on the cheek and then heading towards the woods furthest from her house. She didn't remember the way to the pack's city but she would definitely not be going there on accident. When she got to the area where they had met the soldier, she stopped, and waited for him. She then just shrugged a few minutes later, figuring that he was behind her and continued to walk. She didn't know how far to go, though but she figured that they would go as far as they wanted before heading back agin.

"You know that I meant the pack city, yes and not the city of Dublin?" Des asked him just to make sure. She figured that since he was new to the place that she would show him around. She probably knew what his reaction had been when he first arrived and saw the crystal houses when Adelbrecht knocked him out. She sighed before getting up to her feet and then starting to lead the way towards the direction that they had left moments before. When she got near her house, she stopped and waited for him.

((Oh, sorry. ))

"Oh, that city. It was... amazing. If that was owned by humans... Well, it'd be the most famous caverns in the world! But I don't think I'm going to be part of alpha. I'm sorry, but I just can't.... I can't do that to people. But I don't suppose I have a choice, do I?" he said, remembering how the Alpha said he'd be a Beta. He wouldn't have a choice. He would be another pawn in Adelbrecht's plans.

Tioga followed her, thinking of how glad he was he got away. He started to think of what would've happened, of what life would've been like. Tioga's life would constantly be on the line and Tioga probably could not date Ziva. He would be forever doing whatever Adelbrecht wanted. He would be another pawn in Adelbrecht's plans.

Adelbrecht thought about the pros and cons about changing this man before him. On one hand, if he changed Jeremiah, he could be of use and plot with Adelbrecht. On the other, if he was turned Adelbrecht would have no excuse to keep Kirin from liking Jeremiah. And he would have to get someone like Tess to bite him so that Jeremiah didn't get Alpha blood. Either way, Jeremiah would play a significant part in Adelbrecht's plots. He might say things that weren't really said, get them mad at each other. Jeremiah could be a human on the inside. He would help Adelbrecht, maybe even be his right hand man. He would be in Adelbrecht's plans for sure. He would play a big part in them, but at the same time, he was not important, he was expendable. He would be another pawn in Adelbrecht's plans.

((it's okay happy.gif))

Ziva continued to walk in the woods, looking around at everything in their surroundings. Her gaze fell on a few beautiful flowers once or twice before it went back to being in front of her again on the path. She enjoyed spending time with Tioga and wondered if they would be officially boyfriend and girlfriend soon if they chose to date each other. She would like to be that for Tioga but wasn't sure if he felt the same way. She sighed softly and continued to walk and look around at everything.

Des looked down for a minute before saying in reply as she looked back up at him and into his eyes, "That's fine. I may not be part of Alpha anymore anyway. Adelbrecht said that he would have to talk to the council about what I did and if they opt to have me be banned from the pack then I won't be part of it anymore. We would be free to live our lives as rogues and not have a care in the world about what's happening in the pack." She had been thinking about running away to Iceland if she got banned and she would like Beck to go with her.

Edited by Dragonpelt

During the course of her match... Kirin's mind kept wandering to Adelbrecht's conversation with Jeremiah. What if he did decide to turn him, or worse...? As she moved her knight, Kirin had a thought, about something the Alpha had told her. He had to be careful who he turned, he had said... That meant that if he did decide to try that, he would likely send another werwolf to do it. With her Alpha blood, she ought to be at least a match for even a well trained wolf of less potent blood.A wolfish smile flitted across her features as she thought of that... she would defend her friends, her human friends from him. She cast her glance back at the chess board... she really needed to focus on her game; the Irishman was proving to be quite a worthy opponant. The Alpha could wait, she grinned again.

Jeremiah sat in the front row watching the tournament. That werewolf... he was not the sort to toy with. What have you gotten yourself into, Kirin, he wondered. He watched as she mmoved her rook to castle... Good greif, he never got tired of watching her play chess. She was truely in her element then, he mused.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Des. I don't have a choice. They will hunt me down if I try to run away. I-I have Alpha blood. I will be forced to work for him. I will be forced. I. Will. Have. No. Choice," he said sadly, coming to stand in front of Des. "I am stronger than a normal wolf. Smarter than a normal wolf. I am more dangerous than a normal wolf. They aren't about to let me go. Don't you understand?" he said softly, his blue eyes scrutinizing the wolf in front of him. "I'm just another pawn in Adelbrecht's plans. I am. I am important, but expendable if nessecary. I am."

"Ziva? I... wanted to ask you something. I was wondering.... would you like to go out with me?" he muttered, his gold eyes slightly wary of the answer. He swished his tail, awaiting a response that he wasn't sure would be satisfactory. He knew how HE felt about Ziva, but maybe she just liked him as a friend...

Adelbrecht closely watched Kirin. She seemed to be distracted at first, but then seemed to get herself together. There was no way the Irishman before her would beat Kirin. He therefore pulled his eyes away from Kirin and looked at Jeremiah. He needed to convince Jeremiah.

"Look. Meet me at the cafe down the street tomorrow. I need to discuss a few things with you. And don't tell anyone. Even Kirin. Or else I turn you AND everyone you love into a werewolf, got it? And don't bother telling the police. They won't find me. Even if they did, they can't kill me. I'm no ordinary werewolf," he hissed to Jeremiah before going back to watch the game.

Edited by Packgoater

Jeremiah could see in the werwolf's eyes that he was deadly serious; the thought of his family coming to any harm was not anything he cared to think about, least of all becuse of him. He nodded the affirmative, he would be there tommorrow, after all, there was no harm in finding out what this man wanted, was there? Even though there didn't seem to be, the chessplayer rather had the feeling he now knew how one of the chesspieces on the board might feel, not knowing whether it was about to walk into a trap... He turned his attention back to the game; HA! Kirin had just taken the Irishman's queen, he observed with some satsifaction.

Kirin had seen the Alpha come up and say something that she couldn't quite make out to Jeremiah... Hmmmm... She really did need to tell him the truth about herself, and soon, too. Ah! She moved a piece, and in the process captured her opponant's queen... your move... and mine she thought with a laugh... Though this game with the Alpha was becoming a bit more personal than she would have liked... Why for the sake of full-moon couldnt't Jeremiah be left OUT OF THIS. What right did the Alpha have...? A growl rattled softly in her throat so softly that noone else noticed it.

"Yes," Ziva said in reply without a hint of hesitation in her voice as she looked over at him with a small smile on her face and as she licked him on the cheek. She then touched her nose to his before looking ahead of them again. Her tail wagged and swished happily as she walked and felt like she was floating instead of walking. She had been hoping that he'd ask her that. She hadn't been sure how he felt about her but now she did.

Des looked down as more tears started to fall down her cheeks. Her ears were flat against her head as she said, "This wouldn't've happened if we never met. You would probably still be in law school and in your apartment instead of talking to me." She looked back into his eyes and added, "I'm not as important as you are and they'd probably just kill me if they found me after I ran away. I'm pretty sure that I don't even have a rank in the pack."

Edited by Dragonpelt

Beck concentrated his mind on human. How he felt, the memories, the smells. His apartment. His ex-girlfriend. Des as a human. He felt his bones once again contorting, the hairs shrinking back underneath his skin. He felt the wolf him sigh and lay down, disappointed the human him got all the fun. He was human again, and to his embarrassment, rather nude.

"Merde! Dieu, pourquoi le diable est-ce arrivé?" he cursed in French. (D***! God, why the h*** did this have to happen?)

He tried to go back into wolf form, but his mind was more distracted about the fact he was naked. In front of Des. Could it get any worse? Apparently it could. Some female guard saw him and took pity on Beck, gathering a pair of shorts and handing them to him. He pulled them on, his face beet red. He was still rather embarrassed that his top-half was showing, even though he had a hard, well-muscled chest.

Tioga almost leaped with joy. Almost. Not quite. His tail was wagging and he felt almost high. In a sense he was. He was high on the feeling of love. He loved Ziva and he was proud of it. She felt like she was his soul mate, the one meant for him. He had one advantage over Adelbrecht. He was almost certain Adelbrecht would never feel like this. Who could love a man like HIM anyway?

Adelbrecht smiled in saisfaction. Everything would go as planned. He would arrive at the cafe and a 'rouge' werewolf would attack them. Easy. Or... maybe he would hire Kim. She killed a rouge named Mack the other day, after Mack had 1. failed to prove himself to the Alpha 2. Had failed to turn/kill Beck AND 3. Had failed to inform Adelbrecht the other day, had told Adelbrecht that Beck was ALREADY a lawyer. Now Adelbrecht didn't have a lawyer on his side. He grimaced. He would hire Kim and Kim would pretend to swoon over Jeremiah, hopefully kissing him and "accidentally" biting his lip, injecting Jeremiah with werewolf venom. Then no one could say it was Adelbrecht's fault.

Ziva couldn't hold in her happiness any longer so she pounced on Tioga from the side. She licked his face happily and said, "I love you Tioga." She then got off of him and walked along the path again, though she felt like she was floating instead. She continued to walk until she came across a clearing and then sat down to wait for him. She wondered if he felt the same way about her like if he loved her back and waited for his response to what she said earlier when she had pounced on him.

Des watched as Beck changed back to human form and then was surprised when he cursed in french. She then watched as a female guard came over and gave him a pair of shorts before she walked away again. She got up and started to nudge him, trying to let him know that she wanted him to follow her. She walked a little bit in front of him until she reached her house and then sat down outside the front door to wait for him. She couldn't really open the door with her paws so she waited for him to open it for her. Once he did, she would run upstairs, get changed, and then get a shirt for Beck from the basement.

Kirin glanced back once again at the Alpha... at the moment she didn't entirely trust him, and especially not where her human friends were involved. AND at the moment there was a smile on her face that she definitely didn't like; she had seen THAT look often enough... most often when someone thought they had a good move in mind at the chess board.Yes, she would have to keep an eye on him, and Jeremiah... but for now to continue with her match... she cast one last mistrusful glance at Adelbrecht before returning her focus to the board to see hthat her opponant had moved.

((Sorry I haven't been on.. I have a fever and my internet was bad. :/ Waiiiiiiiiiit. What did Ziva ask Tioga? Sorry I confuzed.

If you get what Adelbrecht's section means, or if you want to guess, PM me if you want to guess. If you get it right, good for you. If you don't this'll all make sense in soon....))

Tioga yipped as she pounced on him, his tail wagging ferociously. He ran to catch up with her, his paws feeling as if they were adrift, causing to trip over his own legs a couple of times. He stood up, embarrassed, and bounded over to where Ziva sat. Tioga walked over and licked her cheek.

"I love you too. I could be with you forever and never tire of it, Ziva. I. Love. You. More than anything or anyone in the whole world. More than I ever have loved," he whispered, his muzzle beside her ear, as if he was telling her a secret.

Beck felt Des nudge him and understood what she wanted. He obeyed and followed her, his legs taking long strides to catch up with her. He finally reached her house and opened the door Des sat at. When she went in, he walked inside the beautiful crystal house that seemed to be slightly tinted blue, probably because of the blue lights that hung in Crystal City. He shivered, for caverns are several degrees colder than above ground. He hoped she would turn into a human so he could ask some questions and, hopefully, get some answers.

Adelbrecht didn't miss the glance she gave at him. It stung and he winced. If he wasn't Alpha, if he wasn't trained to not show emotion he probably would've recoiled as if slapped. Even with his training there was no mistaking the hurt in his eyes, the way his jaw was now set, or the way he now nervously chewed on his lip. He hated himself right now. He had everything he could ever wish for besides someone to love, to trust. He would probably never get that person, never get someone to whom which he could share Adelbrecht, not Alpha. But he was Alpha right now. He took a few pills from one of his pockets and popped them into his mouth. He scrutinized Kirin, his cold eyes not missing anything. He looked at Kirin, his warm eyes full of loving pride. Could two be one or one be two? He wondered. He was two in one, he was one in two. This was one thing he could never share with anyone else. It was his secret, his problem.

Ziva licked Tioga back on the cheek before he started to whisper to her. "I'm glad," she said in reply to all that he said as she licked his muzzle before pressing her nose to his. "I think I felt some sort of connection between us when we first met and I wasn't sure what it meant then but now I do." She licked the tip of one of his ears before getting up and walking around again but staying within the clearing. When she came across what looked to be a meadow, she stopped and laid down, sniffing some of the flowers that were in front of her.

As soon as Beck opened the front door to her house, Des went in and ran straight up to her room in her wolf form. As soon as she reached her room, she shifted back to human form, got dressed, went back downstairs with an extra boy shirt from one of the guest rooms for him, and gave it to him. "I sense that you have a few questions for me so shoot," she said as she sat down at the table. New recruits always had questions so she was used to being asked them. I'll have to talk to Kirin later and answer her questions, she thought to herself as she waited for the barrage of questions that Beck had for her.

Tioga followed her to the meadow, awe-struck by the beauty of it all. The grass was just SO green, it was indescribable. He saw Ziva sniffing the flowers and slowly crept around her backside, picking up a few flowers in his mouth, like a bouquet. He walked over to Ziva and gently nudged her with his nose, trying to get her attention to his flowers. He felt high again, he felt high on Ziva and he liked it. He wanted to be high on Ziva for always.

Beck smiled as she handed him the shirt and pulled it on. He sat down at the table she now was at and drummed his fingers on it. His teal eyes lifted from the table to her own eyes.

"So... what's up with this Adelbrecht guy? Why's he like... like he is? And what are they going to do with me? Why did you join them? What did they do to you?" he said, quieting to a whisper at the last question where his eyes betrayed the hurt he felt. Feeling conscious of his eyes he turned away, just making it all the more worse. He grimaced, feeling like he was hurting Des from his hurting. God, why did everything have to go wrong?

Ziva felt his nudge and looked over at him and his flowers. Her tail wagged happily at the sight of them and she said before taking them with her mouth, "Thank you. They're beautiful." She placed them down between her paws before looking back at him and into his eyes. "I'll get them put into a vase once we get back home."

"I have no idea why Adelbrecht is like he is," Des said in reply to his second question before hearing his other questions. "I don't think he's always been this way, though but I don't really remember the way he was before so I don't know. I have honestly no idea what they're going to do to you but there might be a chance that they don't do anything and just let you stay. I didn't really join them; I was born into the pack so I didn't really have a choice either in the matter and basically I'm like you but under a different circumstance. The only thing that they did to me was take my parents away from me by killing them one full moon when they went into a rage."

She then added afterward as some sort of explanation, "You're not fully part of the pack until you transform for the first time on the night of the full moon but if you don't have anyone to help you through it, you could die or even go into Ochi which is a very dangerous state. If you'd like me to, I could help you go through your first transformation." As she said that last part, she looked up from the surface of the table and into his eyes again. She hadn't really noticed that she did that until she was done talking.

Later that evening as Kirin and Jeremiah sat in the hotel lobby after the tournament round Kirin kne it was time for her to tell him the truth... she had, quite frankly, been dreading this... but she was sure that it was the only way she knew of to help him understand. After a moment or two, she had finally got up her courage enough to speak."Jeremiah", she said at last," We need to talk... there are a few things about me that you should know..." She looked at him, hoping he would understand.

"Sure," he replied with a smile, he wasn't sure what she wanted but if it meant spending more time with her the idea made him happy, "Whatever you want to talk about." He then noticed an odd look on her face that he didn't entirely like... what exactly didn't he know about her?

"Not.. here, though," she said, looking anxoiusly around " There is a park not too far from here..." she said, realizing that Jeremiah might not believe her story unless she could show him... after all it was just too crazy. It would be mostly safe in the park after dark, few people were out there at that time.

"OK Kirin," said Jeremiah with a smile, who despite jis outward calm was actually dying of curiosity What DID she want to tell him that she couldn't tell him here he wondered..

Kirin smiled with relief, glad that he would at least here her out, andhopefully he wouldn't be too wierded out by the truth.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Ah, Kirin. You haven't told him? Tsk, tsk. Surely you might want my company? In case he..." Adelbrecht said as he sauntered over. He had a lopsided grin splayed on his face, a grin most women wouldn't be able to resist. A chess-playing woman who is good at strategy is an entirely different thing, though. He hoped it made Jeremiah uncomfortable that Adelbrecht knew something about Kirin that Jeremiah didn't. Maybe Kirin would want Jeremiah to become a wolf. Than Adelbrecht could turn Jeremiah himself if she so wanted it. He hoped she wouldn't be so mad about it once this was over. He hoped that maybe one day she would see what it took to be him, what a toll it took on one's soul. He hoped maybe she would see the good person in him. Maybe she would grow to love Adelbrecht, though she would always hate Alpha.

Beck relaxed as he realized she hadn't seen the pain in his eyes as he asked his question. He smiled at her suggestion. He'd love to have her with him on a full moon. He'd love to have her with him anytime, really. She was a pretty girl, a good one to be hitting on. He lifted his mouth into a lopsided smile.

"I'd love to," he said in his thick Canadian accent. He smiled, his teal eyes slightly narrowing.

Tioga woofed softly, his gold eyes sparkling with slight amusement.

"Oh, you don't have to do that unless you want to," he said, coming close enough to her that their noses were almost touching. He loved Ziva so much, it was indescribable how much he loved her, there were no words for the amount he relied on her now. "Oh Ziva. I love you so much. I. Love. You."

"Of course I want to," Ziva said in reply as her eyes sparkled a bit as they looked into his. "I love flowers but not as much as I love you." She then leaned in the rest of the way and touched her nose to his before hearing all that he said. "I love you too," she said in reply softly. "Probably more than you could ever know. I feel as if you and I were meant to be together, like soul mates and I also feel as if I've known you for years instead of a week which is crazy I know but that's how I feel."

Des smiled a little bit as she heard his answer to what she had suggested. "I'm glad," she said in reply still with the smile on her face. Then she asked, "Want to have dinner together sometime?" She felt like she and him were a good match and she wanted to spend more time with him before they ever got to the relationship stage. I just hope he feels the same way and I sense that he does but I don't want to assume anything, she thought to herself as she looked into his eyes.

Kirin's eyues flitted open wide, and then narrowed quickly.... how had he found this hotel... right he MUST have known or how else would Tess have found her earlier. How she hated it, feeling so torn... what kind of person was the Alpha, anyway; when he could go from being so normal.. so well.... HUMAN, she chuckled to herself at the thought, to being so not? "I mean too, soon," she told Adelbrecht quickly, with a mischioevous gleam in her eyes, " in fact , we were just about to find a spot where there aren't so many people so we could talk about it properly." Ahe carefully gauged the Alpha's reaction for any signeof annoyance or anything else that might signal trouble for herself or her friends. She could see that the Alpha's presence and their talk was making Jeremiah uncomfortable, and she glanced at him in way that told him it would work itself out.

Jeremiah looked uneasily at the two, but Kirin flashed him a glance which told him that she knew what she was doing, abd this made him feel siomewhat better? And why again, did they need to go someplace where there were no people?And what did all of it have to do with Kirin... her changed behavoir... it was all too strange...

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Why don't we go to my office? You've actually never been. It's down the street. Oh, and you, Jeremiah, I sell rare crystals to the cutters. I'm fairly famous, but most don't know m first name. Now you do. Adelbrecht (Adel - BRIGHT) Diederich (Deedrick). Most just know Diederich Crystals. Not even Kirin knew exactly whom I was. Well, now she does too. So, shall we go to my office? I assure you Kirin, there will be no changes to the plans unless you say so," he said, clearly implying that he would not change Jeremiah without Kirin's consent. If Kirin cared about Jeremiah, he could surely not hurt him. He flicked his head to the side, clearly indicating the bright blue 4-seater corvette that was parked outside the hotel doors.

"Nice isn't it? Custom made," he said, clearly showing off his wealth. Maybe Kirin would fall for his money if not for his looks? His more sinister side was quickly beginning to show itself and Adelbrecht had to shake his head in order to get himself together. He would NOT go Alpha right now, he really didn't want that. He wanted to be himself. Looks nor money would get Kirin. Brains and personality might. If he couldn't win her over with her personality, he couldn't win her over at all. Maybe he should just leave Jeremiah to her. Jeremiah deserved her. He was nice, sincere, human, kind, gentle, safe. He was not cruel, a liar, a werewolf, mean, rough, dangerous. He knew her longer. He had cared about her. He obviously loved her. But the Alpha in Adelbrecht was selfish and that was one thing it wasn't willing to let go of. He had to try. He had to get her to at least realize that he was once a human being. Maybe one day he could tell her. He could tell her the real way he was changed, the way it changed him. The thing it did to him. Maybe one day they could at least be friends. He would laugh with her about this moment. About all these moments. About how everything went wrong. How he wanted to commit suicide so badly, but couldn't. How he wanted to die, but couldn't. He couldn't give up while there was still hope. Hope that someone would listen. That someone would bother to hear him out. That someone wouldn't kill him themselves once they knew the truth. Hope.

"Uh, yeah. That'd be nice. So, um. God, why are women that I'm attracted to so freaking hard to talk to?" He laughed as he looked to her. He wasn't one of those men who was shy and couldn't get the guts to tell a girl he liked her. That was more Adelbrecht. Not matter how obvious Adelbrecht made it, he couldn't actually say that he loved someone. Beck didn't care. He'd had enough girls swoon over him that you could say he was almost spoiled. He couldn't imagine a girl resiting him, one of his more vile features. He was a bit pig-headed. Oh yeah, Beck was full of himself and girls practically throwing their numbers at him didn't help.

"There are not more perfect words to describe how I fell, my love," he said, making fun of the cheesy way old actors seemed to always say their romantic lines. "Mm. I suppose we should get back, my Ziva. C'mon then, let's go," he said, picking up the flowers and starting to trot back to her house. He wondered if when he got back from Italy he could move his stuff from the hotel over to her place. He could at least sleep on the couch if not with her. He hoped she wouldn't mind. Her house seemed big enough and he didn't think she would really mind splitting chores with him. At least, he hoped she didn't.

Ziva giggled as she heard what he said in reply and knew that he was making fun of the cheesy romantic lines that old actors said in romantic movies. "Alright," she said in reply as she got up and followed after him and then catching up with him a few minutes later. "What time is our flight tomorrow?" she asked him as she walked beside him on the way back to the house. Once she arrived with him at her side, she went through the dog door that was built into one of the cellar doors, went down the steps, and then got some clothes and headed towards the bathroom. When she was inside the bathroom, she shifted back to human form, got dressed, stepped out, and then got some clothes for Tioga and gave them to him.

"Maybe we could do it tonight if you're interested and I don't know," Des said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks. "Why are the men that I'm attracted to so hard to talk to?" She asked that question kind of in reply to his question. She wanted to have him tell her more about himself but she figured that that could wait until dinner later that night. If he wants to do it tonight and if not then another night instead, she thought to herself as she waited for his reply to her offer about dinner. She didn't really expect an answer to her question from him she had just kind of asked it as a way to tell him that it was hard on her as well to talk to him as it was for him to talk to her.

Edited by Dragonpelt