AbsolutelyAlexis

Behind the Façade

((If you need help picturing wolf-Kirin click the second link in my charrie form.))

After Tessa had left her; Kirin sat down to take a good look at the map she had been given. Nicely made, and the scenery it indicated was magnificent. In fact, exactly the sort of place for the little outing she had had planned. Finding her way around before she would need it seemed to be the perfect excuse to take a long walk in the countryside, too.

Now, a few hours and a taxi ride later, Kirin was now at a picknic area in the park shown on the map. She passed unnoticed among the humans out enjoying the park. Ah, there is what I am looking for. she thought to herself as she spotted a marker post indicating a hiking trail. As she followed the trail back into the woods, the rich, wild smells of the mountain forestsinvigorated her senses and filled her with unusual energy... and something else. At first, she couldn't place it, but then it dawned on her... her wolf-insticts. Her wolf-instincts were going into overdrive out here, and although she was afraid of "turning" again... Come to think of it, getting used to the idea of "turning" when it is necessary could be useful,she thought. Though, she couldn't be entirely sure whether this was her logical mind talking, or those same instincts.

Finally, once she was far enough into the woods, she decided to reach back into her mind and tap into that instinct, and a yelp of pain escaped her lips as it took control and she changed form from human female into a she-wolf with a shaggy grizzled brown-grey coat trimmed with black, a thickly ruffed neck and brushy tail.With one final glance back down the trail, she trotted off into the woods, on the trail of the many interesting prey scents she could already detect.

Edited by LeopardDragon

((thanks pack happy.gif; @ leopard: once Kirin gets to the camp, or whatever it is for the pack, she could go over to Des and talk to her if you want her to smile.gif...she needs someone to interact with her biggrin.gif))

Ziva was surprised at first when she was suddenly pulled to Tioga but then it faded as she kissed him back. "So you don't hate me or you're not angry at me for what I did earlier?" she asked after she pulled back from the kiss. She had thought that he hated her for what she had done but apparently he didn't. She was more surprised than shocked but that didn't matter right now. What did matter was that he felt the same way about her that she did him.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Gah! You people are too fast for me tongue.gif ))

Nyko sighed before setting off after the boy that he was meant to work with. He could not have werewolves running around town and telling others about what he was doing. His work was strictly confidential, but he seemed to be doing a bad job at restricting his information. He stopped when he saw the boy and the girl he was seraching for both on swings, kissing each other. He decided to let them finish before interrupting them.

"So you found her, good." he said in a flat tone. He hesitated when he spotted the girl that asked for directions earlier. "YOU need to leave..." he said, slowly, hoping that she would go away for good. He was frustrated at her for spoiling his plans.

"I don't think so!" Skry shouted from the undergrowth. He burst out into the clearing before standing in the mix of people on the swings and others standing up. He noticed Tessa there too. He felt lucky to find her, since he thought she would be finding others and "converting" them. Maybe she was drawn to the soldier in the same way he was. The soldier was obviously a threat, and the silver knife he carried could be seen from a mile away. He sensed that the other two are werewolves too, so he wanted to seperate them from the soldier. He knew that Tessa wanted to "convert" them so she could boost up to the rank of Beta soon, but Skry, being the brute he is, wanted the reward for himself. Tessa was far above him in the ranks and he wanted to show the Alpha's that he was just as good as her. He turned to the werewolves on the swings.

"You don't want to be with this man, he wants to kill you!"

"That's a lie! I want to help you two..."

"He has a gun, what do you think he's gonna do with it?"

"Listen..." Nyko kneeled down so that he was level with them. "I know I seem like a jerk right now, but trust me on this. I need you. You need me. I know what I'm doing, so just go with it."

Skry and Nyko both awaited their responses. They also both knew that this could end badly.

After some time, Kirin found the meeting place indicated on the map... To a human it would have looked like any other clearing in those woods, but in her wolf form, Kirin's nose told her different. She could smell the wolf scent that was thick in the clearing and the wolf trails that criss-crossed it. Hmmmm..., seems ther was someone else her rescently as she found a fairly fresh scent. I wonder if they are still close by. I hope this is the right place, she reflected; it wouldn't do to be in some otherpack's area... but then what did she really know of such things yet. She sat for a moment to rest in the clearing and to collect her thoughts a bit... being a wolf could still be so disorienting

At that moment, she spotted the other wolf she had smelling. A young woman with jet black hair shot through with red and purple lay asleep under a nearby tree. Another Werwolf? Kirin thought to herself.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Tioga looked at the werewolf and the soldier. He felt he had to trust the werewolf, as he knew the soldier could probably kill him at any moment. The soldier had been in power before, with his gun, but now with four werewolves, they could overpower him.

"Why should we trust you, soldier? All I know is that you pointed a gun at my head earlier. And you're telling me right when my life is so f***ing screwed up that I have to leave the only person who makes life bearable so I can go on a suicide mission for YOU? No thanks," he said, rage suddenly burning in his gold eyes, giving him a haunted look that went hand in hand with the dark circles underneath his eyes. He suddenly wanted to throttle this man. His wolf-him wanted to tear his throat out and his wolf-instincts suddenly rose. Tioga, a seasoned shifter, pushed it back down.

Tessa was relieved to see Skry in one way, but in the other, she wished he wasn't here. Skry was cunning, and she wouldn't put it past him to take all the credit. He seemed to want power as much as she did and she was so close.

"He's a soldier. That alone should tell you not to trust him. Soldiers kill werewolves. And as for you soldier, I'd like to see you try to make me go away. I'd like to see you try," she said, again feeling the rising pain of her dead boyfriend.

This could be the one! This could be the soldier that killed him! No. I'm sure its not. It never is.

Skry grinned slyly. His plan had worked for the boy. An appeal to his emotions was the best way for him to come to their side. He was pleased with himself, and now the soldier was by himself. Who knows, they could all even kill him, which would boost Skry further up the Alpha's list. That is if Tessa did not get in the way. he gave her a quick, mocking glance before turning back to the soldier.

"Listen...I--" Nyko hated to give away his information to so many people at once, but he had no choice. This boy was his only lead for his mission and he could not let it go. "If you need this girl, then she can come too...I just...need you two." he gave a quick look to the dark girl and the large boy to his sides before talking again. "I, personally, have nothing against you. But these people...they are just using you. Now I know you don't believe me, but if you go with me, I assure you I will explain everything." he kept his tone soft, which was ironic for a soldier carrying a gun. "Just trust me on this. I will not harm you, I only want to protect you. The gun thing earlier...I--I just didn't want you to run away." he stood up and hoped that his message sunk in. "And as for you two," he said, glancing at the others. "You must go. Now. I will not give you another warning."

Skry laughed a bitter, mocking laugh. "You...want...us to leave? No no no, I think you should leave. No one wants you here, boy. You can see this one hates you. Tess and I will rip you apart soon. I can't speak for these two, but I'm sure your words are wasted. Tess...I think you know what to do..."

((she's in human form not in wolf form but it's fine since i didn't indicate that she was in either form in my intro post earlier happy.gif...I'll go with it smile.gif))

Des felt someone's eyes on her so she opened one of her eyes and saw someone else there. She opened the other one before stretching and then getting up to get the kinks out of her back (that would indicate that she's in human form). "Hello," she said kindly to Kirin with a smile on her face. "You must be a new recruit. I'm Destiny. What's your name?"

Ziva turned to look at the soldier as well and was confused by what he meant by it being good that they found her. "Why did you need to find me exactly?" she asked softly so that only Tioga would hear. She then turned her attention back to the soldier and the other two wolves there. When she heard what Tioga said about a suicidal mission, she felt rage build up in her so badly that her wolf self began to rise and wanted to tear the soldier to shreds. She pushed it down with some effort but the rage was still showing in her eyes.

Kirn shifted back to human form... this time surpressing the urge to cry out in the pain that racked her body as she did so. At least, this time she had been ABLE to turn back at will... That was more than could have been said for the first time.

"My name is Kirin Ashwood, I guess you can just call me Kirn, if you like" , she replied as soon as she was able. Unlike the werewolf who had approached her in the hotel, this one did not appear to be dangerous... " And yeah, I am new around here, Tessa showed me how to find this place" she said with a mischievous grin and brandishing the map she had been given. "So, what can you tell me about the other pack members, what are they like?" she inquired, both trying to make conversation and because she was genuinely curious It would be well for me to find out all I can about what I am getting myself into here, she thought.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Wait up, Skry. I think I might want a bit of... information from this one before we... deal with him. Think about it, Skry. If we get something useful, it'll put us high up, not to mention taking out one of the soldiers. Think of where it would get us," she said, her eyes slyly on Skry. She suddenly sprung into the air, shifting mid-leap. Shifting didn't hurt so much anymore. She was able to shift now soundlessly. She was now the sleek and dangerous wolf she so loved to be. She hoped she would collide with the soldier. She did mean what she said though. She was only going to knock the soldier out and bring him in for questioning. Hopefully this one didn't have much backbone.

Tioga shoved the she-wolf as she lept at the man. He didn't want this cunning wolf to kill the soldier. He wanted the soldier dealt with, but not killed. That was a bit too extreme. He groaned as he shifted, for his wound made shifting especially painful. He was the brawny wolf that definitely was much larger than the girl's. This shifting showed off what had happened to him, as the bandage slipped off his side to reveal a deep knife wound and blood-stained fur.

He circled the snarling she-wolf, his eyes flashing and daring her to try that again. He walked over to the soldier and stared hard at him. This soldier could not outrun Tioga as a wolf, let alone the she-wolf. Anatomically it just wasn't possible. Four legs were faster than two. He circled both the soldier and the silk-furred wolf, as if forming an intricate dance. He kept his eyes not on them though, but the strong-looking man behind the soldier. Every once and awhile he would break the circle to run to Ziva and lick her hand, his attempt at telling her that he was okay, that his wound didn't hurt, which was a lie.

"Nice to meet you Kirin," Des said in reply with a smile. "You can call me Des if you want." She then listened to her question and said in reply to that, "Well Tessa's alright once you get to know her but Skry is a bit of a brute. If you're out on a mission, like converting more members for the pack so that you can move up in rank, he would want the reward for himself but he is also nice if you get to know him a bit more. The Alpha's pretty cool too." As she said all that she said, she kept the smile on her face since she wanted Kirin to feel welcome. "So were you bitten or were you born to be a wolf?"

Ziva sighed when Tioga didn't answer her question but wasn't mad or annoyed about it since she figured that she would ask it again to him later when they got out of the current situation that they were in. She listened to what the other girl said and watched as she shifted to her wolf form before Tioga did. She knew that he was still hurting from his knife wound since she had seen the pain in his eyes back in the woods where they met the soldier, so every time he came over to lick her hand as if to tell her that he was okay and the wound wasn't hurting she knew that it was a lie but she didn't let him know that. All she could do was just stand off to the side and watch it all unfold. She wanted to shift as well to help out but the soldier still thought that she was a civilian and she didn't want him to think otherwise just in case. Her wound was also hurting but she tried not to let it show on her face, though she did wince a bit when it started to throb a bit.

Edited by Dragonpelt

"I was bitten; believe it or not, I was a human, until fairly recently," Kirin answered," In fact, a few days from now... will be my first full-moon as a were-wolf." She hoped that this wouldn't be a strike against her; if one could be born a werewolf, poerhaps those who were turned had less status that those who were born as such. Kirin desided that Des was nice enough, and Tess she would learn to get along with; she wasn't at all certain how she felt about Skry from what she had heard of him. "And.. you, were you ever a human?" Kirin asked her new friend; hoping that she wouldn't be offended. Kirin pulled out a small pocket chess set and begain to move the pieces around on it, testing several variations as she waited to see if the other wolf-woman would answer.

How much of her story should she tell... Kirin wasn't sure who to trust just yet.

Edited by LeopardDragon

When Tioga felt she wouldn't go at the soldier again, he shifted back to human form, trying to wipe away the pain he knew was showing in his eyes. He stood up and walked over to Ziva to answer her question.

"He wanted to make sure you didn't leak out any information. What these two weres are doing here, it beats me," he said, his voice still half-growl. He glared at the she-wolf who glared right back at him. Suddenly she shifted back to human and was about to strike Tioga when she suddenly hesitated. Tioga stared at her, very confused. He watched her walk over to the other werewolf.

Tessa was about to strike the stupid boy when she thought about the consequences, something the Alphas often praised her for. These two were close and dangerous because of it. Jealousy burned in Tessa, for she longed for a relationship like these two's. They seemed to have known each other for years and were so in tune with each other. She put this at the back of her mind.

She walked over to Skry. She hated to do it, but she decided it would be in her best interests to leave Skry here to take the credit.

"Skry, I need you to watch these three. I'm sure with your skill you can surely keep them in check? I'm going to report these three to Alpha. I want all files on that stupid he-wolf. He needs to be taken down if he does things like this. And I want to know about his girlfriend here. They're tight. If I can get one of 'em, I got the other. Just make sure they don't run away. I don't know if you saw it, but the male is hurt. On the side. A good hit there and he's down. I don't think either of them has had training, but they could be assets. I'm going to check in with Destiny. She should be off-duty now," Tessa said, clapping Skry on his back. She shifted as she raced into the trees, off to their base.

As Tess neared, the smell of dozens of wolves met her nostrils. By now she could pick out each scent as a face of her pack. Except for one. She tried to remember where she had smelled it before. Of course. The chess player. She calmly walked into the clearing, nearly crashing into Destiny.

"Des! You would never guess what happened. Anyway, I need you right now! And I guess you can bring Kirin too," she said, her mouth going a hundred miles per hour. She now addressed Kirin. "Kirin, your first mission. Don't worry, you won't do any dirty work if you don't want to. But we have to hurry. I'll explain later. If you can't see me, just head for the playground swings, the side that touches the forest."

She shifted again and raced off, hoping they would follow, but too centered on getting back to look behind her. Her callused paws scraped the rough forest floor and her neck extended, her face loving the feel of the wind ruffling her silky fur.

These humans don't know what they're missing out on!

"Well I was human before my first transformation but I was born a werewolf," Des said in reply to her question. She had listened to everything that she had said before and was curious to know what a normal human life was like and was just about to ask that when Tess came up. She was about to answer but her friend was talking too fast for her to understand a word that she was saying. When Tess was finally done, all she could do was shift and follow after her. She somehow knew that Kirin would follow but still glanced over her shoulder every now and again to make sure that she was.

Ziva watched Tioga come over to her before listening to everything that he said. "Alright and I wouldn't leak information even if I wanted to," she said in reply before looking over at the other girl that looked like she was going to hit Tioga before she went over to the soldier and the other boy that she suspected to be a werewolf. She picked up on the girl's words and growled softly, not wanting to be in a pack. She was happy as a rogue and wanted Tioga to live with her. She did blush a bit, though, when she heard the word "girlfriend" but it was a light blush so it wasn't too visible on her cheeks.

((I'm multitasking at the moment so if I don't post right away, that would be why happy.gif))

Kirn looked up from her chess set and shut it quickly... that other she-werewolf... Tessa,had come racing into the clearing and had had started chattering about something, amazingly enough, Kirin found that she understood most if not all of. They were supposeed to follow her if they could, or meet her at the playground in the picknic area if not.

"Well, Des, I guess we had best go and see what Tess wants," she said with a grin flicking her travel set sinto a pocket on her shirt. Well, well, my first mission for the pack, Kirin reflected... she truthfully wasn't certain whether she ought to be excited... or nervous. She was mildly dissapointed, though, that she hadn't been able to learn much more before they had been interupted.Welll, here went nothing... and everything...Kirn shifted, careful to grit her teeth to avoid showing any pain to the more experienced wolves.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Tess was relieved to see that the girls had followed her. She was impressed with Kirin. She hadn't shown much pain when she shifted. As she reached the playground she noticed everyone looked to still be intact.

Tioga was surprised about what the girl had said. True, he was very in tune with Ziva, but he had only known her for a few days. How could he be Ziva's boyfriend already? Not that he didn't have feelings for her, and not that he didn't want to be. He couldn't help but think that, while the one wolf girl was pretty, his Ziva was much more so. As Tioga started to think, he was snapped to reality by the incoming presence of the she-wolf and two others. One looked to have red and blue highlights in jet-black fur and the other seemed to be a slender, brown, pretty little thing. Come to think of it, he had never seen Ziva as a werewolf.

"No point in keeping secrets now. The she-wolf, I think the male called Skry said she was Tess, already exposed you when she was talking to him. Why don't we have a good old conversation with these guys in our language, so the soldier can't hear us? I have a few bones to pick with these ones," He growled, bringing himself to go through the pain of shifting again.

((actually Des has purple and red highlights, not blue and red but it's fine happy.gif))

When Des arrived at the playground behind Tess, she saw Skry there with a soldier and what she could sense two other werewolves but they didn't smell like pack. Rogues, she thought to herself as she stopped and laid down near Tess. She wasn't tired but she didn't want to sit down so laying down was a safe alternative. She knew that other people in their pack thought her weird because of her multicolored hair and fur but she was used to it so she didn't let it bother her. Now she waited to see what the two rogue wolves would do if they did anything.

"Alright," Ziva said in reply to all that he said with a small shrug before shifting to her wolf form. The pain of shifting wasn't as excruciating as it had been the first time that she did it but it was still a bit painful even with her wound that she had in her side. It wasn't very visible since her fur was completely black but you could still see the blood. She licked Tioga's cheek before going over to where the other wolves were. She wondered what they would talk about but then figured that they would start talking when they had a topic or something to talk about.

Tioga brushed up against Ziva. She was definitly much prettier than the other she wolves, he decided. He walked beside Ziva, his head held high with surprising regality. He looked down his nose at the small brown and black she-wolf Tessa.

"Tessa. I can't let you kill the soldier, you realize that. And you must understand I would never join a pack unless Ziva wished it so, let alone one with you in it. If all the others are like you, I wish they stay away. Loner life is much easier as I'm sure you will learn. What rank are you anyway? Omega" he said in a sneer.

Tessa recoiled as if slapped. She caught the hidden meaning there. He had seen she had skill, he meant that no man or beast would want her. He eyes showed malice as she tried in vain to cool her emotions. She had to belive it was true. She knew she was vile at times and she currently had no boyfriend and hadn't in awhile. Sure, guys drooled over her but none had actually gone out with her. She was crushed. In that moment. All power she had was lost. She was that little girl all alone on the street again. All alone.....

Kirin, having stopped short between Des and Tess, observed quietly, at first. Intersting... VERY interesting... it seemed that these other wolves were not Pack. What was more, they seemed to be at odds with the Pack. What exactly was going ON here... she had definitily not joined the pack to hurt any other wolves if it could be helped.

"Tessa,", she spoke up," Who are these and what exactly is going on here..." She narrowed her eyes at Tess aas if asking for an explaination. I may help the Pack, but I expect to be told the truth... she growled under her breath. She was noone's pawn to be used and thrown away.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Des just laid their quietly, not saying anything as she listened to the conversation. She learned better if she listened and not talked. That's how she became a very good agent within the pack; she went off on her missions, listened to what was being said during them, and then reported back to the Alpha and the other higher-ups present exactly what she had heard. She figured that she would be promoted soon because of that but she wasn't sure. She also wanted to know who the other wolves there were but waited patiently to hear what one of them would say in reply to Kirin's question.

Ziva nuzzled him lovingly before hearing all that he said to Tessa. She was happy to hear that he wasn't going to join a pack unless she wished it and knew that he'd probably live with her at her home. She then looked at the other two she-wolves that were there and heard what the brown one said to Tessa. She knew that the question wasn't directed at her but she said in reply to it anyway, "We're rogues that live in the area." She only replied to the first part of the question and the other part; the part asking who they were but not the other about what was going on. She also didn't say their names.

((How can you people be so fast at posting? I check this a couple times a day and still I fall behind!))

Nyko could not help but be frustrated at the situation. It had all gone so fast. First, someone had tried to hit him, but they were caught by someone else...the boy, he thinks. Before he knew it, the one that had tired to attack him had gone, and the boy was a wolf--an actual wolf--circling him. He needed to take charge and control the situation, like a real soldier would do. Though, it was easier said than done when you are a lone human in front of three werewolves. The worst part of it was that he was shadowed by the large werewolf...Skry. He was the one that was toying with the minds of the others. He had to seperate him from the rest of the group. He gripped a can strapped to his belt and came over to the werewolves he met in the park earlier. He was about to perform a risky move, but he had no other choice. He sighed.

"You're going to hate me for this..." he said quietly before ripping off the can and throwing it on the ground in front of the large werewolf. What he had thrown was mustard gas. It was very hard to obtain for him, and it had cost him a large amount of money for one can, but it was very useful. Yellow gas escaped from the can with a hissing noise as Nyko swept the two werewolves off their feet. He grabbed one in each arm and started to run away from the werewolf caught in the gas. "Just keep your head low and follow me!" he shouted. He knew that this move would damage the already horrible connection he had with them, but he could not let Skry talk to them anymore. He just hoped that the boy and the girl would forgive him, as he had no intention to harm them after he knew that they were not with the Alpha.

Skry gagged and coughed on the gas. He faintly saw a figure run off in the distance. He collapsed to the ground, nearly throwing up, and closed his eyes. The gas was everywhere. He could feel it tear at his eyes and burn his nostrills and throat. The worst part of it was that he could feel it in his lungs. He hoped that he had not inhaled too much of it to kill him. He gripped the ground and used his arms to pull him away from the toxic cloud. He dragged himself in the direction Tessa was. She was the only one who could save him now, as his world was going black.

Without even a moment's second thought, Kirin moved to block the soldier's escape. As little as she knew about either of these two rogues, she did not wish to see any harm come to them if SHE could help it. With an ease that amazed even her, she circled around and got out in front of the man's path to block his escape back up the trail. I really am begining to think like a wolf, now... she reflected. "Well, check, and your move!" She growled as she made her move. Maybe she didn't have much training as a werewolf, but she knew well enough that sometimes a surprise move could throw your opponant off just enough to give you the advantage; and right now, she thought, they needed to turn the tide of this fight.

She hoped only at this point that one, she had not gotten her self into a situation she couldn't handle and two, that she would not be in trouble for failing to wait for orders.She shifted in front of the human... trying hard to conceal the pain as she did so. She flashed the soldier a wolfish smile, and tried her hardest NOT to shake with fear. Never had she gone up against an armed man before.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Damn it I don't have time for this!" Nyko shouted at the werewolf. He had already made an extreme move by gassing Skry and he was still in the mood to take it further. He let go of the boy and girl, hoping that they would not run away, before aiming his gun and firing into the dirt next to the girl. The gun itself made an extremely loud bang as it fired, as it was an extremely powerful gun. Smoke seeped out of the barrel as Nyko screamed at the werewolf. "Now out of my way!" He hoped that the shot would scare the girl away, as he did not want to get into a fight with her. The gun he was carrying was used for long range, rather than short range. He would be too slow to react if she decided to leap for him, but he always had his knife as a back up. He feared for the boy and girl, too, since they could be attacked as well. They were his only leads and he could not let them dissappear. Edited by earwig

(( Kirin is in human form again... she shifted))

Kirin jumped to the side, clear of the shot... the sound of which was still ringing in her ears. " Now, now...," she chided as mischievous smile played on her face, " Didn't you ever learn that it isn't nice to try to shoot at a lady?" She waved her finger at him admonishingly as she said this..."Look, I have no quarrel with you, but I do request that you release those two. My new Pack seem to think they are important, and they don't like humans. I am not responsible for what they might decide to do if you don't give them up , expecially Skry when he comes to." She said, indicating the two werewolves he had in custody with a flick of her hand. Secretly, of course, her heart was racing- that shot had come darn close-but you never let you opponant see it if you were afraid. Oh, what on earth am I doing... she wondered.

She narrowed her eyes and watched the soldier, waiting to see what he would do next, and already preparing herself to respond.

Edited by LeopardDragon

((My bad, edited.))

Nyko was even more frustrated, and a little scared, about how the girl responded to his gunshot. He felt like ripping his hair out.

"Listen, you are a chess player, yes? The check thing? Well those two--Skry and the other one--they are just using you. And they want to use you too." he said, glancing at the boy and girl at his sides. "You two must come with me, I'll explain everything later. And you," he looked back in front of him. "You don't have to follow orders--the Alpha's--they are the evil ones. Can't you see? I'm just trying to save these people. I don't want to fight you, but I can't let you take them." he said, hoping his words sunk in.

((I'm off for the night now, see you again tommorrow.))