AbsolutelyAlexis

Behind the Façade

Kirin was silent for a moment as she thought about all of this... yes Tessa and ptentially Luna could be quite dangerous; but she didn't really like the idea of leaving innocent people to Sylver's questionable mercies. "Seems to me that we need a lan, then,Hmmmm...?" she said after a moment with her eyes sparkling." Alos, I think it best if I l and Jeremiah learn how to fight as werewolves... I realize this may take some time but it may be necessary for our own protection. It will be useful, too." She added. "As for what to do, would it be possible to sneak n, and at least find out what they are up to?"

As Jermiah listened to all of this, he couldn't help but wonder what he had gotten himslef into... it seemed that both he and Kirin had been plunged into the midst of a chess game for their lives.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"I suppose you're right. I think that we should train then, and then go and check things out. I don't want to take the risk of getting either of you hurt, or worse," Adelbrecht responded, looking out the window. "This is all a game to Sylver. For us, it's a dangerous game. A game that will most certainly cost people their lives, though how many we can't be sure. This is a sick and twisted game, the kind of thing that runs in Sylver's mind all the time.

"I still have the key. We can get in," Tioga said, fitting the key into the lock and unlocking the door. The house was mostly steely gray with some blue furniture or things like that. It was nice and comfortable, like the classic kind of bachelor flat. It wasn't to fancy, or nice, but it was a good enough place to live in. "We'll probably stay here while we're in Italy. If that's okay with you, of course. Yeah, I never believed it either. Even more so, I can't believe it's abandoned."

Ziva nodded and then followed him into the house after he put the key into the lock and unlocked it. "It's a very nice place," she said as she looked around before hearing the rest of what he said. "I like the idea of staying here in your old house during the remainder of our stay in Italy and I'm also surprised that it's abandoned," she said in reply to his last few statements before heading towards the empty rooms with her duffel bag. When she found one, she put her bag on the floor, plopped onto the bed, and then fell asleep. She was really tired from the trip and wanted to get some rest before they did anything else.

Kirin listen intently to what Adelbrecht was saying," AND I think it best if we keep ourselves secret... at least until we are ready to make our move," she added once he had said what he wanted.Kirin could have smacked herself for the chess reference and yet it was appropriate... it was sort of a chess game, but one where the consequences of losing qwere far steeper than having you rating drop. She scanned the horizen and her eyes caught sight of a patch of forest near an abandoned old farm " Jeremiah, that looks like a secluded piece of forest... we could train there." sjhe asked, to botht he males, actually.

Jeremiah nodded as she turned to drive over to the farm, "Adelbrecht? Is fighting as a werewolf really all that different from fighting as a human." The look this question got him from Kirin informed him just how ignorant this actually was.

"I've seen a bit of it, though I haven't really used it myself... for one thing a werewolf is a bit stronger, faster and more agile than your average human. Then there is the bit about changing... " Kirins voice trailed off as she became thoughtful, there really was a great deal they needed to learn.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Werewolf fighting is a lot more brutal. You fight to the death, not the knockout. Your instincts will take over and you must learn to control them. It's a lot faster, requires more strength and you must be able to shift in a matter of milliseconds. You must learn to kill and you must learn to deal with killing. You must learn the way a werewolf may move and you must learn where to hit a werewolf," Adelbrecht replied. Kirin and Jeremiah would be a handful to teach, especially since they had a bit of good in them. But what could one do? "I trained Tessa myself, so I know the way she fights. I'll be training both of you to deal with a fighter like her. First I'll have one of you go up against me, just to see what you know so far. I'll be going easy on you. I'm not actually going to fight like myself, yet," he said, getting out of the car as they pulled into the farm.

Tioga nodded and fell asleep on his bed, the room next to Ziva's. It would be nice being at home. maybe they would just stay here, not go back to Dublin?

((

"Oh thanks," Des said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks before kissing him on the cheek. She then pulled away a few minutes afterward as she listened to the rest of what he said. "Well maybe if we just give him a location of where the other wolf might be he might let us go," she said in reply to the rest of what he said. "I don't want to join him either but we may not have a choice." She sighed a little sadly before resting her head on his shoulder while they continued to sit on the hill.

^for your post as Beck^))

Ziva woke up a few minutes later, feeling a little refreshed as she laid there in bed and stretched. As she continued there, not wanting to get up yet she started to think about staying here in Italy versus going back to Dublin. I think that I would like to stay here, she thought to herself with a small sigh. Although there might be trouble with the pack's leader and that other wolf that she had seen on the plane, she figured that they'd figured out how to get out of any trouble that they come across when the time comes to do so. With another sigh, she got out of the bed and headed towards Tioga's room to tell him what she thought about staying here versus going back to Dublin.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Kirn slipped gracefully out of the car after Jeremiah and Adelbrecht. She could feel her Alpha blood burning in her veins at the thought of a fight. Once again, this worried her. She didn't want to completely lose control... and that was the trick, wasn't it? To USE one's wolf instincts without letting them control you. She could tell from the look on Jeremiah's face that he was thinking more or les the same thoughts.

Jeremiah could feel a fierce energy in him... almost like the feeling he got right before a gmatch against a strong opponant at chess. He looked over at Kirin, that look on her face... he had seen that before, usually. once again at the chess board.

The both of them were reflecting on the fact that in some ways they were probably better siuted to learn to fight as werewolves than your average human just turned would have been... a chessplayer did have to be somewhat ruthless if they wanted to win. Let up for even a moment and your opponant would be quick to take advantage if they knew anything bout what they were doing. This was the same... only one step farther, it was death and not checkmate you were avoiding. Make a mistake here and it was all over, not just a shot at the champoinship lost. This didn't make it easy, but then, it shouldn't be... it was simply a matter of doing what you had to to survive.

Kirin called out that she was ready to test herself. She wanted to be the one to go first.

Edited by LeopardDragon

((well you could just wait patiently or send her a pm mellow.gif))

(That is what I call waiting paitently. A friendly message for them to see when they check the thread.

Oh and I'm not trying to sound snippy.Sometimes people tell me that I sound like I am)

((Gah! Sorry! *feels horrible* D: ))

"So you're with us? For now? And trust me, there'll be plenty of things to kill. Speaking of which," he said, going and picking up the fawn and elegantly taking a bite from it. "Well, are you trained for fight? I think Adelbrecht will be working with his little friends. I need to work with my loyal friends, too," he murmured, smiling and shifting into a massive white wolf. "This is what I was born looking like, just smaller. A wolf, not human. Strange, but it makes sense. Why would werewolfisim only work one way?"

Beck smiled, hugging her. "You're great, Des. They just are blind to it. People need to see you, not your blood or your powers. You, the person you are, is all that matters, because the heart is where strength comes from, not muscle."

Adelbrecht smiled, his eyes narrowing and a cunning expression coming over his face. He shifted into a wolf, one that had a hungry expression, a wolf hungry for the fight. Of course, this was all an act and Adelbrecht had extreme control right now, but they didn't need to know that. "Begin," he said, chuckling as if he were mad. In the best of times, Adelbrecht was a skilled actor. He waited for Kirin to come at him. "You may both come at the same time, if you wish."

(Gah, Luna is the name.

And no probs mate.)

Luna took a few steps back. She smiled and her eyes glinted. "I like fresh meat." And she transformed in one fluid movement as if it was the most natural thing to do. Of course there was the pain, but she didn't even flinch. She bared her teeth and growled. Her eyes grew cold with animal instinct. "Unless you say you Give, don't expect me to stop." And the human was gone. It left behind a big wolf with the instincts to kill and the skill to make it happen. It growled and paced, ready for a fight. Luna was a paitent fighter, waiting for just the right moment. She just attacked when something gave.

Kirin nodded, shifting into her wolf form herself. She somehow knew well enough that coming at Adelbrecht head on wouldn't work; more wolf instinct, perhaps. She began to circle him a bit... if she could hit him from the side, or from behind, she ought to be able to knock him off his feet, or so her instincts seemed to tell her. She carefully watched to find an opening that might allow for her to make her move, and also to be sure that her opponant wasn't making any move. Finally, after a moment or two of circling, she struck. Charging in from the side she attempted to slip into human form at the last moment so as to use her foot to focus the impact. Her timing was off, however, and when she made contact it was as a wolf... she then had to shift back, and quickly too, befor her opponant could use that against her. The game was on now... she had seem what Adelbrecht could do, and although she was certain he wouldn't intentionally do any permenant harm, she knew this would challenge her skills, both of strategy and physically. She could have scolded herself mentally for the mistake in timing her shift, but now was not the time... she needed to focus. Something to remember, though... in battle, it seemed, a werewolf's body was a little less willing to make the shift back from wolf form... perhaps because the wolf instincts were more in control then, she mused as she watched Adelbrecht, waiting to see what he would do.

Jeremiah watched the two wolves... it still hardly seemed possible that the brown she wolf he say before him was Kirin. As he watched he learned a bit from watching the goings on... first it seemed that your timing shifting needed to be done carefully or it could put you in a bit of a jamb, also you didn't want to rush in, you had to be a bit patient.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Don't use human you for fighting. Ever. Only if you're in tight spaces. Wolf you is much stronger, plus you're armed with claws," Adelbrecht said while barreling into the wolf's side. Traditionally he would've jumped onto her spine, killing or paralyzing her, but that wasn't the goal of this match. "I could've just made the kill move there. With wolves as large as us, breaking spines is easy. That's what I could've done there. That's what I would've done in real combat. And your shifting time was off. We'll have to work on that. Jeremiah?" he asked, turning to him. "Let's see what you look like as a wolf, eh?"

"Stand down, Luna. Have a bite or two if you must. Are you really asking for a fight," Sylver said carefully, trying to assess her mood. Unfortunately she was different from most werewolves, so he couldn't really tell what her emotions were. He also circled her, finishing off the fawn quickly. "You gave the stupid fawn to me, fool! Stand the hell down! I am your alpha for now. I suppose it's time you learn respect."

Edited by Packgoater

"I will remember that," Kirin promised,"And I guess it surprised me is all... my body didn't shift back as quickly as it normally does",she added after picking herself up; she suspected that she would be bruised and sore, but that was a small price to pay for the lesson she had learned... one which might sometime soon save her life. It was to be Jeremiah's turn, next, she did hope that he had been paying attention and wouldn't nmake the same mistake she had done.

Jeremiah nodded and then shifted into wolf form... the first time he had done so since he had been turned by Kirin. He really did make a handsome looking wolf, though... stron and with a shaggy grey coat, much like the wolves that prowled his ancestral country... only bigger. He had learned a thing or two from watching the first batttle, and circling he attempted to come in from behind and get Adelbrecht off his feet as she had seen Kirin attempt to do, only without attempting to shift back first.

It was Kirin's turn to watch and learn, now... she just hoped that Jeremiah was enough used to his wolf form to be able to manage what he would need to do.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Adelbrecht dodged to the right. He wasn't about to give anything to them. No, before they learned to fight, he must show them what they were up against. Adelbrecht snarled at lept toward Jeremiah's side. If Jeremiah was used to his wolf form he might be able to dodge, but if he was still uncomfortable in it, he'd probably feel Adelbrecht making contact with his side. "Okay, a thing to keep in mind, don't use the same tactics as the one before you. Now this wolf, me, knows what to expect and how to move out of the way."

"Right," Barked Jeremiah in the tounge of the wolves as he picked himself up... his wolf form was still going to take a little gettin used to... he had been somewhat prepared for that bit, though. He turned to see what Kirin would do next... he guess that her clever brain had been formulating an idea while she had been sitting on her haunches watching his attempt.

"My turn again,"Called Kirin with an almost savage gleam in her eyes... she had a plan, this time. She had in mind a fakeout, and without warning she began to come at Adelbrecht head on... perhaps he would assume this a blunder, and perhaps not; either way, at the last possible moment she cut sharply to the side using her wolf reflexes to keep from completeing the appaerant attack. Misdirection was one of a chessplayer's best weapons... get an opponant to think you are doing one thing and they will be unprepared for what you are really up to. She then launched herself over the he-wolf in a powerful leap and came at him again from his other side... if her attack caught him off gaurd, she might just be able to get the advantage. She braced herself for the impact as she closed with her opponant...she guessed that he had more than a few tricks up his sleeve, so to speak,yet.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Luna paused and gazed at the Fawn. Then with a shruig she transformed back and stood up. "Fine. Don't bother me for a few hours unless jimmy is stuck in the well." and she walked into the tavern and began to raid the small town. She walked out and headed for the store, some mead on her lips. She gazed at him for a moment before going inside. She grinned, "A little worried there weren't you mr alpha."

Edited by warewolves

"Be careful Kirin!"Called out Jeremiah with a grin as he saw what she was about to do... if it worked it was brilliant, if it failed, well... At least they were figuring out their mistakes now, rather than when they could actually get them killed, he reflected as he sat.

Adelbrecht smiled. Even if he might guess what was going on, he had to remind himself he was fighting as Tess might, not himself. Kirin sailed over him and attacked him from the other side. Adelbrecht turned quickly around and reared up, his paws getting ready to slam into her. If she went for his belly his front legs would hit her. That would be a mistake. Her only smart move was either to dodge, or to rear up herself and tussle like most werewolves instinctively did. Regardless of whether she did this or not, Adelbercht would have to teach her sometime how. Traditionally werewolves would lock jaws, but as Adelbrecht thought this might look odd, he decided he wouldn't do that. He'd have to teach them that, too though. He'd also have to teach them how to kill.

"A bit. I don't like it when my pack turns on me. It can start a whole uproar," Sylver admitted, nodding. "I wasn't afraid of meeting you in combat, though. I just didn't want to kill you. It'd be a shame. You seem to rely heavily on instinct. It can sometimes be good and bad. Have you ever fought before? Are you any good?" he asked, truly interested. She wasn't like any of his pawns and he liked that. She thought for herself, like Kirin did. Luna was a bit too savage for Sylver's taste, however.

When Adelbrecht turned and reared to confront her, Kirin's instincts told her that the thing for her to do was to reear up on her hind legs and spar it out rather than attempting to go for her opponant's belly as tempting as that option might have appeared at first. She could see that he was ready for that, and she could see that doing so would leave her neck exposed to her opponant's jaws and forepaws... not good. She got her hind legs under her and in an instant she was lock in a tussling match with the other wolf... hopefully his somewhat larger size didn't give him an andvantage overmuch here she thought. She could feel her Alpha blood hummiong ... as if this was exactly the sort of thing that a potential Alpha wolf should do and do well.

Jere miah watched and payed close attention to what was happening. It did disturb him a little how , well wolf-like this tyle of fighting was, but then... if ti came down to defending oneself, you did what you could. In fact, watching Kirin and Adelbrecht battle, one would never guess that they could take human form... though he could see in Kirin's eyes tha she was still 'in there'; she hadn't been fully taken over by wolf-instinct... a very real danger in this sort of situation, he guessed.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Luna shrugged. "I don't just rely on instinct. But I will keep how much education in the fighting arts I have recieved to myself. Let me just say a previous Ex-alpha trained me." She shurgged and sniffed. "This place smells of plenty of deer. I will be staying here for some time."

As she she sparrred with Adelbrecht, Kirin watched for any weak point that she might exploit... but the he-wolf's gaurd was strong. It was going to be difficult to be able to get an attack in anywhere it might be effective. She attempted to swipe at his face with her paws... and prepared to duck or dodge as she was certain he would be ready too do the same. It was a dangerous move but it just might allow her to break free of their tusseling where Adelbrecht had the advantage thanks to his larger size, and allow her to use her speed and agility to come at him again. Edited by LeopardDragon

Adelbrecht blocked her swipes and locked his claws into her shoulders, snapping at her face. He leaned hard towards her, using brute strength and weight to push against her with his forelegs. His eyes had taken on a strange feral glint and his mouth was locked into a snarl. Adelbrecht might look completely lost, but he was all there. He wanted Kirin to feel adrenaline pump through her and he wanted her to think he had lost it. That was on purpose. It wasn't a strategic move, it was a move to get her to fight as if for her life.

"Good. That's good. Then you'll be able to help us fight Adelbrecht, no? let's see what you can do, just try not to go psycho on me this time, okay?" Sylver replied, almost sounding normal. He shifted into a wolf, his most comfortable form, and faced Luna, grinning.