AbsolutelyAlexis

Behind the Façade

"Alright," Des said in reply as she helped him stand up. She helped him walk back to her house and upon arriving she said in reply to all that he had asked earlier while opening the front door, "Her name is Tess and the other one that she was speaking of was Skry. They're both friends of mine or at least the latter one was before he died. I don't know how he died but I'm guessing it had something to do with the soldier that we had in custody. If the soldier killed him, then I'm guessing Tess killed the former and she's really upset about Skry dying. As to why she's good at hurting people, she's just really strong and to your question about everyone here being a werewolf, yes everyone here is a werewolf."

Jermiah shook his head... if his grandmother knew she would probably disown him, but it appeared to be the only way. Kirin had not meant to get him into this, to be sure; she was just as much in this as he was. From what he had gathered she had only been a werewolf herself for a few weeks. Perhaps, though she could still help him throught it.

Kirin looked sadly at Jeremiah, perhaps he would have been better off had she just dissappeared after she had been turned and left him to live his life in peace rather than trying to hold onto the lif she had as a human. She lglanced at Tess, who apppeared to be in a none to great mood... Kirin hadn't realized that she had been that close with Skry. Kirin nodded her head as she miht to an equal, but pointedly did NOT bow. Let Tess gues what she really was... she grinned , or let the Alpha tell her. A pawn had just been promoted and the other pieces on the board better beware! She listened carefully to the arguement that Aldebrecht and Tess were having... it seemed that niether of them was interested in the other as a mate, but from what Adelbrecht had told her, Tess was the Betas choice for Alpha female... this could get interesting.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"You've gotta be KIDDING me! Everybody here? No wonder this isn't on any of the maps..." he said, teal eyes glittering with curiosity. He still felt rather odd in his stomach and wondered if Des had liked Skry. How was Tess one of her friends? Some friend. Kicking the guy she was walking next to. He sighed and shook his head. Maybe he could continue law school... be sick on the day of the full moon or just concentrate really hard on being human...

"Sorry, I need to get some work done at my house. I'll talk to you later, kay?" he said, walking over to where he saw a bunch of cars parked. Over to his left there were average cars.. but here? These were nice cars. A Rolls Royce! That was when he noticed the name hand-painted at the bottom of the car. Adelbrecht Diederich. These nice cars were all his. Beck slowly backed away, turning into a wolf and running out of the city. He blindly ran through the trees, finally realizing he was no longer in the park. But... that was impossible. On all the maps it showed the park ending and then just countryside. This was bizarre. Where was he? Only then did he notice the breath on the back of his neck. His head slowly turned, turning to face a black wolf. It was completely black, not a mark on it. The scary thing was the eyes. Bright gold eyes.

Kirin observed that Tess appeared to be eyeing Jeremiah closly... what was she thinking of?She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. Kirin didn't seriously think that Jeremiah was Tess's type, but she did think that she ought to warn him about her, she admittedly didn't know much about the other she wolf, but what she did know led her to believe that it was best to be cautious around her. She also thoughth that it must take a lot of guts to talk to the Alpha the way Tess was doing, all things considered. Edited by LeopardDragon

"Nope not kidding you," Des said in reply to his exclamation before nodding in reply to his question. She then nodded again when she heard his statement before hearing the rest of what he said. "Alright," she said in reply with a sigh to his question before he left. After he did, she went up to her room to think a bit. She was sad about Skry's death but she had only liked him as a friend and not more than that, though she had hoped that they could more than friends one day.

That wasn't going to happen anyway since she kind of figured that Tess liked Skry that way. Sighing again, she got up and went outside to walk around in the woods to get some fresh air. As she was walking, she saw Beck and a pitch black wolf with gold eyes staring at each other. "I wanted to catch up to you in case you needed help getting back to your apartment," she said to him as she stood next to him but was looking at the wolf and not at him. She was tensed and ready to shift if she needed to, feeling her wolf wanting to get free and protect Beck.

The black wolf turned to Des. His gold eyes locked with hers, familiar gold eyes. They were not yellow, they were not orange. They were gold. A gold that also was in the eyes of a certain black and white wolf currently sleeping.

Beck bristled. He could sense that Des wanted to protect him. He could take care of himself. He wasn't weak. He was strong. He bared his teeth at the wolf, who in turn, smiled. The wolf flicked his ears and about twelve other wolves stepped out of the woods. Their black noses were clearly working, taking in the smells of the two standing before them. They would not forget these two. They would not let them go. The black wolf stood up by Beck, his breath clouding the cold air.

"Where is he? The wolf with black and white fur? And gold eyes? Where is he?" he said in a deep, gravelly voice. His eyes narrowed and the wolves around him bristled. They were ready to take on these two. More than ready. Though the female looked like she could have training...

"So Jeremiah, who do you want to... erm... change you?" Adelbrecht asked, acutely aware of Alpha standing up. Alpha walked over to Tess. She reached down, ruffled his fur, and stared him hard in the eyes. "I'd suggest... he's very dangerous... please don't..." Adelbrecht said, clearly having no control over Tess.

"And who's this? What's his name? Is he a new recruit?"

"My name is Sylver. Not that anyone has bothered to ask, but you," he said, swurprised as his form became more solid, more real. he studied his form, tried to go back into Adelbrecht's head "All... all someone had to do was ask my name?" he barked in wolf, his voice disbelieving.

"Wait- you're not in my head anymore?" Adelbrecht wondered, trying to shift into a wolf. He couldn't. He was human. Pure human. "Wait! No! God, no! Kirin, you have to bite me! Now!" Held out his arm, pushing up his sleeve, showing several scars and bite marks. "Bite me! You don't have to be a wolf, just bite me! Tess. Do. Not. Let. Alpha. Get. Away."

"His name's Sylver, but whatever. I wonder.... could one change a wolf into a werewolf?" she said, shifting into wolf form and bringing her teeth closer and closer to Sylver's flesh.

"Sorry Beck," Des said softly as she sensed that he could take care of himself. In reply to the black wolf's questions she said both honestly and truthfully, "I really don't know sir. I've seen him before but then he got away and I don't know where he went." She saw the other wolves come out and surround them, growling at them. She didn't like being threatened even by other wolves.

"You're coming with me," he said, his voice like two pieces of welded metal being slowly torn apart. He flicked his tail, his teeth showing. There was a strange way he held himself. He seemed to be regal, but there was something wrong about him, like he was sick at heart. His gold eyes seemed to have a sadness behind his sparkling eyes. In a single second the wolves in the trees surrounded Beck and Des, their eyes glittering. The black wolf stalked off, signaling to the other wolves they should guide Des and Beck. He wanted to question these two further. He wanted to know what Adelbrecht was doing right now and how he was doing. Alpha was hard on Adelbrecht. He often cut ties with those Adelbrecht loved or valued. Thats what he did with the black wolf, anyway. No, the old alpha had not died. The old alpha had been outcast by Alpha in Adelbrecht's body.

Des walked with the other wolves behind the black wolf that seemed to be leading them and made no move to escape. She knew that she shouldn't even try to do so because that would result in her getting seriously injured or dead. She did put one of her hands in one of Beck's hands, though but more of a comforting way instead of a caring one. It was both a caring and comforting way but more of the latter instead of the former. She wondered why he was taking them wherever they were being taken to but she didn't ask in fear of one of the wolves or their leader hurting her.

Jeremiah opened his mouth to answer the question that had been put to him... and then promptly shut it again. If the truth were told, he would like Kirin to be the one to do it, but he didn't know if he dared to say so. He was ;ost in his own thoughts on the matter for a few moments, and attempted to answer againHe was then promptly distracted by the commotion that followed.

Kirin for her part promptly did what the Alpha asked of her, shifting easily into wolf form and biting down on his arm. Only afterwards did she have time to face Tess. WHAT in the name of all that was holy did she think she was doing. She barked out this question to Tess in the language of the wolves, though she didn't hope for much of a response... She then turned to face Alpha... and found that she could not only HEAR him but understand his speach in this form. She glared intently at the powerful silver wolf that stood before her... unlike when Adelbrecht had turned into a wolf on the full moon, Alpha haad a definite sense of menace abut him that she couldn't shake. "And you, what do tou want", she growled at Sylver, although she was acutely aware that she was doing either a very brave, or very stupid thing.

Jeremiah stood watching all of this in amazement, uncertain what to make of all that was going on... who was this other were-woman and why was she biting the silvery wolf that had , mysteriously found its way into the room? His astonisjment only grew when Kirin complied with Adelbrecht's request and shifted into a wolf and proceeded to bit him on the arm.

Edited by LeopardDragon

((I'll post as Beck in the morning, don't have time now.))

Sylver smiled as Tess bit him. His wolf form contorted into a human figure as he was bitten; apparently werewolf biting worked both ways. Sylver was absolutely breath-taking. He had pure white hair and icy blue eyes. He was handsome but had a cunning look to him. He made you feel like you didn't want to be attracted to him, but you were. He tilted his chin up, clearly approving of his appearance. There was a striking similarity to Sylver and Adelbrecht, something about the Germanic look to their nose. They looked almost like they could be twins. Not identical, but twins.

"Mm. Thank you, Tessa. How kind of you. I will gladly take you as one of my loyal Betas. Adelbrecht doesn't want you as Beta. He thinks you're vile. I see the real you. I see you for the kind-hearted soul for whom which you truly are. I see you for the cunning yet remorseful person you are inside," he said, his eyes quick and calculated. He was easily deceiving Tess, hitting at her weak spots. Adelbrecht had been a consideration for Tessa, a slight crush of hers until she had met Skry. Now to find that he thought her vile? Sylver smiled as she slightly leaned into him. Good, he was winning her over. He put an arm on her shoulder, slightly pulling her closer to him. He glanced wickedly at Adelbrecht, pulling his chin upward and looking down his nose at him.

Adelbrecht smiled as he shifted into a wolf, werewolf once more. His wolf form was beautiful. He was sleek with long flairs of fur on the sides of his face. He was tall and skinny, his ribs visible. He quickly shifted back into human form, not missing the glance Sylver shot at him. Adelbrecht bared his human teeth, somehow making him look more attractive than he already was. He saw Tess hesitate.

"Alph-Sylver, what are you doing? I am the Alpha of the werewolves. I am Adelbrecht Diederich, billionare. You are Sylver, the unwanted wolf. Are you honestly trying to be the Alpha? I may have called you Alpha, but that is neither your name, nor your position. Stand down."

((okay; I'll post as Ziva now))

Ziva continued to sleep a little bit longer before opening her eyes a few minutes later. Her internal clock said that it was 7 in the morning and she groaned a bit, trying to completely wake up. Her eyes were still a bit heavy and she felt like going back to sleep but didn't. She did, however, stay laying down a bit more since she didn't feel like getting off of the couch just yet. After a few minutes of just laying there, she decided to get up and to get dressed into some fresh clothes.

"Tess", Kirin growled at the she-wolf she might once have come to consider as her friend "What are you doing." How could Tess be so easily persuaded to do this... to betray her fellow werewolves... her pack? She glared at Sylver." And YOU", she snarled, "your simply an imposter, that is what you are...a mistake that NEVER should have happened." She looked back at Adelbrecht and saw that he had been turned back into a werewolf once again.True she didn't have Sylver's size or physical strength, but at the moment she was so absolutely furious with him that she simply didn't care... perhaps a mistake; but she guessed that she probably had more speed and agility than the larger werewolf did.

Jeremiah, forgotten in the commotion of Tess's biting Alpha and giving him human form, was absolutely dumbfounded. He heard Kirin growl somehing to the she-werewolf, whose name he had just learned was Tessa,and to the silver wolf who was now in a human body, but couldn't understand her.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"I understand his point of view. He had to leave everyone and everything just to be a werewolf and now that's taken away too? He's lost everything, so have I. He lost his life, I lost both my boyfriend and Skry. Everybody hates him. Everybody hates me. Why not? Why not have someone I can trust? Why not?" she said shifting into human form, tears starting to stream down her face. She stiffened as Sylver wiped them away, his cold hands gentle but firm. Tess lifted her chin in defiance, her blue eyes hard and calculating.

"An impostor? A MISTAKE? I'm no more a mistake than you, my girl. You're right, I shouldn't have happened. I should have been a normal wolf. I would rather be a normal wolf. Do you have any idea what I gave up? What happened to me? I had a mate, Kirin. I had three pups. Three. My mate and two of the pups were killed by a human right before I was bitten. Killed for money. For their pelts. What do you think that does to someone? Of course I'm twisted. Of course I want revenge for my wife, my children. I am not impostor. I am no mistake. I happened. I payed for what happened, Kirin. You have no idea what my life has been like and yet you try to throw me under the bus? Really? What kind of person does that make YOU? Are you really so different than ME? Is Adelbrecht? Is Jeremiah?" he said, his jaw locking as he walked away from Tess and stared out at Dublin. They had no idea what he had gone through. Sylver was surprised he had kept his cool. He had wanted to kill her. Wanted to rip her throat out. Even right now his muscles were tensed, ready for a fight. A single tear leaked from his eye, sliding down his thin face. He would not forget the wrongs done to him. He would not forget.

Adelbrecht's jaw dropped. Sylver had a mate? Pups? Sylver had a HEART? Adelbrecht turned into a human, glancing over at Jeremiah. Did he understand any of this? Did he understand what he was getting into? Adelbrecht walked over to Jeremiah.

"Jeremiah, I don't trust Tess enough right now. Kirin will try to turn you. Do not try to fight it though. Let it go through your system. Just be careful. Kirin cares about you, I can't let anything happen to you or I'll never forgive myself. You do know this could kill you, right? You also know what you'll be getting into, is this what you want?"

"Des... what are they doing? What is going on?" he yelped, his ears pressed flat up against his head. He followed the wolves until they reached a large clearing in which wolves by the hundreds gathered around, interested in who these two wolves were. The black wolf shifted into a handsome man, about twenty, with dark skin and a closely shaved head besides one very short mohawk only about two inches high. He had a tattoo on his left shoulder of a Celtic knot which was also faintly visible in wolf form. He looked almost tribal and wore only shorts and a vest. He shouted a sharp command and the wolves pressed closer on the two wolves, suddenly the wolves were people, tying Beck and Des up tight enough if they shifted they still wouldn't get loose.

Tioga yawned, stretching and slowly standing up. The sunlight through the windows and he quickly sat up. He walked over, pulled on some new clothes and walked round the house until he could find Ziva. She was so perfect for him. He wanted to get her something while he was in Italy, something to show her how he felt about her.

"Ziva? Hey, good morning. God, I'm so tired. We've gotta leave here in two hours, got it? I can't wait to show you Italy. Or at least my home."

"I don't know," Des yelped right back at him in reply as she continued to follow the other wolves to a large clearing. "I don't know who they are either or what they want with us." When they were tied up she growled at them. She didn't want to shift back to human form because then she'd be naked and cause them to make catcalls at her. She wished that she had a few daggers with her so that she could cut the ropes when she shifted in order to free herself and Beck.

Ziva was in the kitchen fixing herself a bowl of cereal. She had brought her duffel-bag up from the cellar as well as her passport and put them close to the front door so that she wouldn't forget them when they left for the airport. Now she looked up from her bowl of Frosted Cheerios at Tioga when he came into the kitchen and listened to all that he said with a smile on her face. "Morning yep got it and I'm excited about seeing your home and Italy," she said in reply still with the smile on her face. She then went back to eating her breakfast, eating it slowly so as not to choke on her food.

Kirin was surprised... she had never heard Sylver's story. Perhaps she had been too quick to judge him. That didn't excuse the pain and suffering that he had caused to others, but still... it made sense, now, how he was, and to her surprise she actually found that she felt sorry for him. "You are right that you never asked for what was done to you, any more than I did...Perhaps I was too harsh", she spoke more gently now," I never realized..." Here she trailed off. It was here that she reealized that Adelbrecht was speaking to Jeremiah, she wanted HER to turn him..."But will killing humans bring back your mate and pups? she asked Sylver softly, "is that really what your family would have wanted? For you to harm other and cause suffering to the families of many?Not all humans are like that..." She hope she was getting through to him... and she wondered what wolf had done this to him, to Adlebrecht, they had both suffered. She let the sorrow and sadness of what she had learned show on her face. As for Tess... was it really true that ther was noone else in the pack that cared for her... that she cared for? She looked sadly at them... then looked back to her side of the room. She almost laughed in spite of the situation as she realized that it reminded her of a chessboard...king and queenon each side.

Jeremiah nodded, he wouldn't have wanted itany other way , he decided. He trusted Kirin, and that the change could be potentially dangerous he had more or less already gathered from what Kirin had told him. As for ' getting himself into this', it appeared he was involved, now whether he wanted to be or not. He knew what he needed to do, and he wouldn't fight it, when Kirin changed him... He watched Kirin faicing the other two were-wolves... how he wished that he could help her... but those other wolves would easily kill him and from the sound of it, they wouldn't hesitate to do so.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Kirin, do it now. This is what Jeremiah wants. Do it," he hissed afraid that Sylver might do something dangerous now that he was emotional. He was surprised to find it was the morning now, not the evening. He yawned, rubbed his eyes and sat down on his couch. Today was unbelievable. For once he would be himself, not cough up blood while he was doing it and would be able to control what he said. It was surreal. It was unbelievable, a knew freedom so foreign to him it seemed as strange to him as if he had just sprouted wings. Strange, fascinating and wonderful.

The man walked around to the back of his prisoners, glaring at what his people had put them on. He frowned, said something in an unintelligible language and smiled as several chairs made of bamboo were brought over.

"Destiny, Beck, what do you know of Adelbrecht's plans? Where is he? He's supposed to go to Italy today. I wonder why he has not left yet. His jet is still in the airport."

((I'll post more and post better later. Kind of worn out right now.))

Kirin nodded to Adelbrecht and then turned her attention back to Jeremiah... Are you ready? " she asked him, hoping with all her heart that this wouldn't go wrong; if something happened to Jeremiah because of her, she would never forgive herself. But it wasn't as if he had a choice, once Sylver had shown up, all bets were off and he needed all the protection he could get. Oh, how she wished that he could have had more of a choice... still, if it was his decision for her to be the one to do this, then... welll... so be it.

"Yes," he replied, nodding. He knew that what was about to happen would be dangerous, and probably unpleasant, but he trusted Kirin... trusted her enough that, if a werewolf was what he was meant to become, he wanted noone else to be the one to do it.

Kirin shifted back into her wolf form trotted gracefully over to Jeremiah, and she bit the wrist he held out for her... it was done now, she stayed in her wolf form and watched to make sure his change went smoothly.

Jeremiah could feel the change at once, like hot and cold running together through his blood, he remebmbered the Alpha's warning and strove not to fight it as the wolf instict took over and he shifted smoothly into a handsome shaggy coated gray he-wolf of exactly the sort that prowled the forests and steppes of his ancestral homeland pf Russia. he shook his head, the shift had been a little disorienting, dizzying , even. He sat on his hauches for moment to collect his senses.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"I don't know much of his plans," Des said truthfully in reply to the man's question. "The stuff I do know about I'm not sure I understand and I also don't think I can explain them either." In reply to his statement about Adelbrecht going to Italy and his jet still being there and to the question about where he was she said, "I don't know and I didn't know he was going to Italy today. He must be caught up in whatever other mysterious plans that he has." After she said the last statement, she shrugged and looked around the place.

Sylver turned to Tess. "C'mon, let's get out of here. Adelbrecht's got a plane to catch." He said, shifting into a wolf and trotting out to the elevator. Sylver was going to make a rebel pack, a pack made of hard-core wolves trained for combat and whom were eternally loyal. Tess was a start, and he was sure there would be many more wolves looking for a pack. Kim, for example. (Go to page 9 if you don't remember that reference))

"That's true, I do have a plane to catch. Do you want to come with me? I'm going to Italy. You don't need to pack anything; we can buy whatever you need. It'd be nice. I'm there on a trip looking for someone. Two extra pairs of eyes could help."

Tioga got his stuff, signaled to Ziva it was time to go, and headed out the door. At the airport he noticed a strange jet in the runway. He shrugged and headed for the correct plane, tickets in hand.

Kirin grinned that wolfish smile of hers... a trip to Italy would be fun. "Sure, the tourny here in Dublin is over, and I hear that there are some neat chess clubs in Venice and Rome." She meant to see the sights, too of course, because as a song from a musical she had heard once said " One town is very like another when your head's bent down over your pieces". It was at that moment that she heard Jeremiah yelp in distress... it semed he couldn't turn back from his wolf form! Kirin shook her head, that was exactly the same thing that had happened to her, her first time.... maybe a side effect of the Alpha blood? Who knew.

Jeremiah had paniced when he couldn't shift back... he hadn't meant yelp like that and his cheeks burned with shame under his furry coat, when Kirin looked to see that he had been the one that had made that noise. He thought a trip to Italy would be great, too... he had never been ther and had always wanted to see some of the historical sights, the forum and coloseum in Rome, for example., but first he had to get back to looking human.

Kirin tried hard not to laugh at him," It's alright Jeremiah... it took me a little while to figure out how to change back, too... that is why I disappeared the way I did," she told him calmly, speaking in the tounge of the wolves so that he would be able to understand her." The trick is you have to try to' think human'... something that makes you human, and sets you appart from the common wolf." She hoped he understood, she didn't entirely understand yet, herself and only knew that it worked. What made her nervous, though, was the two that had just taken off... she looked questioningly at Adelbrecht, as if asking him if something should be done.

Jeremiah listened to what Kirin told him... he tried to focus. focus on his family, his enjoyment of c=hess and, most of all on his love for Kirin... in a minute he could fel his form changin shape, once again, and very soon he was ordinary old Jeremiah once more. "Yes, he said, once he had changed form, I would love to go to Italy... and Kirin, thank you."

Edited by LeopardDragon

Ziva nodded before getting her stuff and following him out of the door. When they arrived at the airport, she followed him to where the line was to give the tickets to the person there before they got on the plane. As she waited in line with him, she wondered what Italy would be like. I guess I'll just have to figure that out when we get there, she thought to herself as she looked out the window close to where they were. She noticed the jet there and wondered who it belonged to before just shrugging and turning her attention back to the slowly moving line in front of her and Tigoa.

((Somone should create a new charrie that has something to do with Sylver. Pleasssssssssse? smile.gif ))"Alright, lets go. The reason we're going to Italy is on recruiting business," he said, walking over to the elevator. His shoes clacked against the metal, soon switching to the clacking of claws. Wolf claws. He stopped halfway to the elevator, turning into the closet. he slipped on a chain collar, grabbing a leash in his mouth and tossing it to Kirin. "I'll be posing as your pet husky until we arrive. I need to check the cargo compartment so that's why."

((like a friend from his past or an old girlfriend? also what about Tioga?))

Kirin laughed slightly at the idea... and then she grew thoughtful. An ordinary person might not look twice at Adelbrecht in his wolf form or her claims that he was her pet husky, but if anyone who knew anything about wolves were to see him..." And if someone asks any questions?" she mused aloud.

"I agree", said Jeremiah," While most folks wouldn't notice, somewone who knows animals would be able to see that you are no dog.