AbsolutelyAlexis

Behind the Façade

Behind the Façade:

A Werewolf Role Play

[[This roleplay is still active despite the loss of me, AAlexis, to bad internet and exams. I have not been around recently, and the RP is currently being run predominantly by DragonPelt and PackGoater, who have my full approval in all matters of the RP. Run well, Pack Brothers.]]

The Background

Werewolves have been at war with humans since the beginning of time, an age of Alphas pitted against the rulers of tribes and countries. The human race has had governments for as long as any of the packs can remember. And rumors of conspiracies that grew alongside the power of the governments are founded in the truth.

Although the human race believes that the conspirators are no more than humans fighting for more rights, or for freedom, they are sorely mistaken. Behind the conspiracies the packs are coming together. In the UK and America, the packs are strong behind a façade of humanity. Elsewhere the packs become stronger, more prominent, and they form the beginnings of a universal power.

The packs are moving forward, technology aids the werewolves in the fight to hide their true nature. Supported by this new technology, one Alpha has come closer to the heart of their country than any of them ever dared dream. The Alpha of the pack in the United Kingdom has become the Prime Minister. With his help, and the help of their packs, more Alphas are rising towards the top of the human’s hierarchy.

Do they get to do the cool human-wolf thing?

Of course. Except that it’s far from Hollywood ‘cool’, it’s a long, painful process in which bones change un-naturally, both shrinking and growing. Their muscles stretch and claws grow while fur tears through their skin.

The world is different to a wolf from the way that it is to a human; even when they are able to control the pain, a werewolf may go insane if they change too frequently. This is caused simply by the disorientating changes in their senses – especially scent and sight.

[[Wolves and dogs have high sense of smell, and while werewolves (in human form) have better smell and sharper sight, as well as more speed than regular humans, it doesn’t compare to their senses in wolf-shape.]]

The only time that a werewolf must change is during a full moon, when the knowledge that a full moon is present causes an unconscious change. It is not caused by sight of the full moon but by the draw of the moon at any time of the month that any werewolf can feel which at a full moon is overwhelming. This is known among the werewolves as ‘moon-lust’.

Wait! So what’s there to RP?

The United Kingdom pack have a rough hold on their country, but those playing the UK pack may well have to defend their hold, as well as possibly subduing any humans who find out about them. On top of this, the UK pack may want to help out the other packs and aiding them to gain a hold on their respective countries.

The aim of each pack stands as to keep control over humans and werewolves alike in their country. Both humans and werewolves outside of the packs may easily become the bane of the packs life, but they may choose to aid the pack or packs. You may choose to act in any way towards other characters – there is nothing stopping the past from getting between even the closest of friends or pack mates. Even pack-wolves might be against their Alpha’s plans, and may even be plotting behind their Alpha's back.

Categories:

* Human – In league with the UK/USA Packs

* Human – Unaware of werewolves

* Human – Against the UK/USA Packs

* Werewolf – Rogue, in league with Packs

* Werewolf – Rogue, unaware of Packs plans for the future

* Werewolf – Rogue, against the Pack and/or their plans

* Werewolf – Pack, knows and is happy with all of the Alpha’s plans.

* Werewolf – Pack, does not know the full extent of the Alpha’s plans, and under what they know of the plans they are happy with them.

* Werewolf – Pack, knows of plan or part of plan and is against it, therefore fighting the plans and the Pack from the inside.

* Rogue Packs, defined as Werewolf – Rogue, *insert country here* Pack, followed by same short descriptions as Rogues.

Rules

No Godmoding.

No Cybering. Let’s keep it to hugs and kisses, guys.

Fair length for posts please, where possible. And this is a semi-literate to literate RP, and, though it seems harsh, please don’t join if you cannot hold that standard of writing.

No Cussing [[PG-13 is what we’re aiming for here]]

Let’s see if you’re still reading. The claw-word for the form below is Halcyon, please use this word, or I reserve the right to ignore your post. – Also, the form may be completely ignored, if you are able to write me a paragraph containing all the information, including the Claw-Word.

Don’t kill off other characters without their permission.

Take as many characters as you think you can handle, I am not setting a limit.

I, the OP of this RP, reserve the right to request you to edit any posts of your posts made in this RP if I deem them to be over PG-13, or otherwise not really supposed to be here.

Use OOC brackets if you are talking out of character, please. ((These)) [[Or these]] {{Or these}}

Anyone who is playing at the time may authorize new players. New players may start playing once authorized.

Obviously I may authorize new characters.

I’m not going to make a rule of this, but it may well be useful to have specified colors for each individual characters.

Character Sheet

[[Please use one per character.]]

Forum Username:
Character Name:
Using a Color?: 
Category:
Word of Claw:
Pack (if applicable):
Background and Reason for Category:
Appearance (as human [and wolf, if applicable]):
Introduction: [[a paragraph or two to set the scene of what your character is doing]]

Edited by AbsolutelyAlexis

[[Thank you, Khay! Let's start RP'ing this thing.]]

Forum Username: AbsolutelyAlexis

Character Name: Leah

Using a Color?: Yep. (aa11dd)

Category: Werewolf – Rogue, against the Pack and/or their plans.

Word of Claw: Halcyon

Pack (if applicable): N/A

Background and Reason for Category: Leah was bitten in her late teens, and though she has never told anyone who bit her, it is generally thought that she was bitten by a Pack werewolf. She distances herself from the packs as much as possible, visiting obscure, low-ranking pack members only when in serious need of medical treatment and trusts no other werewolves. Leah grew up an only child with a single father, and has always wanted a family of her own, and though she knows that the pack ought to be her family, she cannot turn her back on the human world that she grew up loving.

Appearance (as human [and wolf, if applicable]): As a human, Leah is slender, with small breasts and an almost perfect hourglass figure. Her eyes are slightly too large, making her gaze unnerving. Her nose is well sized for her face, and could be perfect if it wasn't slightly crooked from a broken nose in 10th grade that never aligned properly. Leah's lips are soft and full, the sort that ought to be kissed tenderly - though they never have been. She has pixie-cropped, light blond hair, still tipped with black dye, like she used to have it before she was Changed. At 5'9" she isn't the tallest girl that she knows, but she generally takes advantage of 6 inch stiletos to improve her height difference, especially in social situations.

When Leah changes into her wolf form, she is a small, lythe wolf, with slightly oversized paws and a coat that seems to shimmer between black and gold, catching and stealing light in a blink of an eye.

Introduction: [[a paragraph or two to set the scene of what your character is doing]]

Leah stopped for a moment when she final reached the park that she'd seen on the map. Only a few hours ago she'd been in a little airport in the South of France, waiting to board a small, nearly broken plane. She would have to go into work tomorrow, but managerial work had it's perks, like being able to take holidays at short notice. Not that she'd been in France for a holiday. Leah had been talking to a werewolf. One of the few Pack-Wolves that she could actually trust. She didn't know his name and she didn't care. He'd been running with her, and then dressing her wound, she was still limping a little, but she'd been lucky - Leah knew that she should have known better than to try and take down a full-grown Buck, with antlers and all, between just two slightly tired werewolves. The deer had opened a deep wound in her hind leg, that translated to an awkward slice on the back of her left thigh. But at least she'd made a kill this full moon. It made her sad to think of all the times spent changing alone, even though she ought to like it that way - she didn't want to need the pack.

Slowly, she lowered herself to the ground, ignoring the damp grass that left dew on her skirt, and as she looked around she saw everything she wanted, just feet away from her in the sunshine. Young mothers, old couples, children and most of all, families. Running a hand through her hair, she began to weep silently.

Forum Username: Dragonpelt (DP, Ninja, or any other nickname is fine)

Character Name: Ziva

Using a Color?: yes (#43D58C)

Category: Werewolf - Rogue, unaware of Pack's plans for the future

Word of Claw: Halcyon

Pack: N/A

Background and Reason for Category: Ziva was bitten when she was fourteen years old and ever since that day, she doesn't know who had done it but she thinks a pack member did it or another rogue. She has often thought of joining a nearby pack but she's unsure of them letting her join and if she actually wants to join one or not. She mostly stays in the woods of Ireland, sometimes venturing towards a nearby pack to see what they're up to since she's curious to see what they're up to. She's oblivious to what their plans are and even if she knew about them, she doesn't know if she would help the pack out with the plans or not.

Appearance: As a human she has long jet black hair that she either pulls back into a ponytail or has in a braid that goes down her back. She often keeps it down, though, when she doesn't feel like putting it in a ponytail or a braid. She's 5'3" tall and mainly wears black clothing. Her eyes are blue-gray in color and there can be sparks sometimes in them when she's mad. As a werewolf, she has black fur that matches her hair and her eyes are the same blue-gray color that she has when she's in human form. She's 15 feet long in length and her tail is bushy.

Introduction:

Ziva walked around the woods around Dublin, Ireland, wondering what all she could do that day. She was a bit bored and didn't really know what she wanted to do. She was at an impasse between going to her house to read a book in her room or to go to the local pack's camp to see what they were doing today. She decided on the first option so she ran back towards her house. As she ran, she enjoyed feeling the breeze blow through her hair that was down at the moment. She hadn't felt like putting it in a ponytail or a braid and figured that she would just do it later. When she got to her house, she unlocked the front door, went in, locked the door behind her, and then went upstairs to her room. Upon arriving, she went to her bookshelf, pulled a book off of it, went to her bed, laid down across it, and started to read the book from the beginning.

Edited by Dragonpelt

[Forum Username: Packgoater

Character Name: Tioga

Using a Color?: Yes

Category:Rogue, unaware of Packs plans for the future

Word of Claw:Halcyon

Pack (if applicable):

Background and Reason for Category: Tioga was bitten early on, but always was a loner. He doesn't really remember who bit him. Tioga likes to be alone, only have one or two friends at a time. He has an aggressive personality, which tends to get him in trouble with his used-to-be friends, so they never last long anyway.

Appearance (as human [and wolf, if applicable]): As a human he is pale with black hair and almond-shaped eyes. He is tall (6'3) and well-muscled but is thin and lanky as well. He has fang-like canines, but they aren't sharp enough to puncture skin. His eyes are a golden yellow-orange. As a wolf he looks like this : http://www.wolfsancpa.com/images/family/small/Billy.jpg

Tioga sprinted across the open field, saliva frothing from his open mouth. His nose quivered slightly as he caught the strong, musky scent of a buck. He flexed his claws slightly and used his strong, hind legs to propel him forward. Now a fear-scent mingled with the deer's and the buck came into view. "Call me greedy but I'd rather a strong, healthy buck to a sick, weak one any day", he softly growled. The deer knew it was going to die. It bolted onward, the strength slowly ebbing out of its body, as if Tioga was a vacuum cleaner sucking up lint. Yet he did not give up. They raced onward, Tioga slowly gaining on him. Tioga saw his opportunity and leaped. The movement was agile and graceful. His haunches tensed and pushed him suddenly forward, as if his legs were springs. Tioga dug his claws into the deer's shoulders and pulled himself on. His yellow teeth flashed in the sunlight and the deer fell. Tioga, on the ground beside the deer now, put his head nose to nose with the deer as it's life fell out of the deer's grasp. He stared with intensity and respect as if to say that he was taking the deer's life to help and sustain his own and that he held great respect for his soon-to-be meal. Once the deer's life flickered and finally went out, Tioga dug in, teeth covered in rich flesh flashing once more. ]

Edited by Packgoater

Its supposed to be blue right? f I got it wrong could someone please tell me how to make my pots blue? Please?

((you didn't end the code; it's supposed to end with "[/color]" but you don't have that...also try not to double post and keep all non incoordination stuff in double parens like me happy.gif))

((it's okay and you don't have to put brackets around the form and your intro paragraph but i guess it doesn't matter))

[[sorry that I haven't been here... Physics work pounced on me. Welcome to the RP, Dragonpelt and Packgoater. You have both been offically approved as characters.]]

Leah looked up, her eyes blurred with tears. She was glad that she didn't know anyone here - she would never had been like this in front of the people she lived and worked with. Most of all, she was proud of her strength and peace of mind, and a calm, collected disposition that allowed her to work through anything.

As a Joint Manager of a well respected line of designer boutiques, with stores in London, Paris, Milan and more, she was regarded as a cold-hearted, beautiful woman. And in truth, she was. She had to distance herself from everyone, in the hope that no one would link her with the Gold-Black wolf that runs through the cities where she is sleeping at Full Moon - that no one will know her secret.

She stood up and began to walk north-west. Leah no longer knew where she was going, and she didn't care. She just had to be moving.

((it's okay happy.gif and thanks smile.gif; this is just a warning but i won't always be able to come up with paragraphs that are 8 sentences long...maybe 5-6 sentences at most and if I'm lucky, possibly two paragraphs; just thought I'd let you know that user posted image))

Ziva continued to read a bit more until she decided that she wanted to go out and get some exercise in. She put her book down after putting the bookmark back in there in order to mark the current page that she was on, then got up, put her shoes back on, went downstairs, went out the back door, and then went towards the woods that were in her backyard. She wasn't sure if she was just going to walk or if she was going to run but she figured that she would find that out soon enough. As soon as she stepped foot in the woods, she started to jog down a small trail that was a covered a bit by leaves. She couldn't really see it anymore but it didn't matter. She had it pictured in her head what it looked like before it got covered with leaves and to her, it was a perfect trail.

((I hope I'm correct a werewolf can choose to stay in wolf form if he/she wants unless its a full moon right? If I'm wrong I'll just revise this))

Tioga's belly was now full so he headed off toward some town in Italy. He didn't particularly like Italy, but he tended to like the French. His mother was French. Not that you could tell. Tioga wasn't a particularly French-looking person. However, he never wanted to stray to close to his mother's home town because he knew he definitely would NOT be welcome there.

Tioga's mother, Emerentienne, was disowned by her family after she married Tioga's father, Seth, who had been living off the streets at the time. And Jarra had his mother's dark hair and high cheekbones, as well as her strange, regal, golden eyes. He looked too similar to her.

Not that he walked around as person anyways. He almost always was the white wolf with black markings. He was most comfortable this way, for he could just lets his thoughts wander and instincts take over.

He was the wolf now, leaping over fallen-down tree trunks strewn across the floor as if by a toddler don playing with his toys in his bedroom. Then he heard the people in the neighborhood nearby walking closer and closer.

"This were you saw him Joe?" A husky voice called out.

"Yup. He was over here somewhere, Samuel. I'd swear to it. The white wolf with black markings. And strange eyes. The're all golden-like. I've seen this type before, me being from America. He will be dangerous to our families!" the man Joe said.

Tioga didn't wait to hear anymore. He darted away from the men. This was why he never stayed in a place too long, because someone can easily recognize the similarities between his wolf-eyes and his human-eyes.

Edited by Packgoater

((ooh have him go towards the woods of Dublin happy.gif; that's where Ziva is but you don't have to if you don't want to smile.gif))

Ziva continued to walk along the path, looking around at her surroundings as she did so. She knew that the full moon was a few days away since she could kind of feel her wolf side start rising. Her senses were more clear than usual and somewhat like they were in her wolf form but not as pronounced. She sighed as she walked, thinking about the pain that the change brought to her. I wish that it wasn't so painful, she thought to herself as she shook her head as if she was trying to clear all of the painful memories of the change from her head. She knew that they would always be there but she wanted them to go away, leaving her mind permanently.

Leah was blindly walking through the streets, she didn't even remember where she was now. Her phone beeped once in her pocket - it was the quietest tone that she could find, and with it in her breast pocket it made her ears ring a little. She found her phone, on some kind of auto-pilot, and pressed on the green button, answering the call from her Co-Partner, who she'd left running the business. She heard her old friend's voice, and that finally brought her out of the daze.

"Hi." She said, her usual bright 'pep' in her voice, finally. The façade that she put on for her peers and workers was back in place for the moment. "No, no, I haven't forgotten that conference. Fax me the tickets tonight. I'll be closest to Milan this evening." Leah laughed. "No! I don't count staying over in a small hotel somewhere in Ireland as 'roughing it'." She listened for a moment the the more organised, more normal, one of the two of them. Listening to her old friend, the one who kept her sane. She smiled one last time, even though her friend couldn't see her and signed off with a cheerful laugh, telling her friend to keep her up to date with the figures.

Turning on her heel, Leah began to head back to the airport that she had left less than two hours ago.

((Okay, Tioga will go to Dublin biggrin.gif ))

Tioga wanted a change. He had lived in Italy for 2 years now and was thoroughly bored of Italy. He had been to Pompeii and all the things an places Italy was famous for. And he wasn't about to go to France. But where else can I go? There is no where to go, Tioga thought to himself. He supposed he could try to go to England. Or Ireland. Or Scotland. Ireland's nice, he thought.

Tioga rubbed his eyes as the alarm clock buzzed in his ear. Then he remembered. He had painfully changed into a human so as to get himself on a flight to Ireland. There are wolves there. I'll blend in. "4:00 AM!" the clock seemed to scream at him. He pulled on jeans and a T-shirt and walked out of the hotel with sleepy, clouded eyes. He walked over to a taxi, told the guy he needed to get to some airport or another and fell asleep in the cab.

"Sir, sir? Sir! We're here. You don't want to miss your flight!" Tioga sat up. He looked around him and then, realizing where he was, said thank you to the cab driver and raced to the airport. When he got in he purchased tickets and boarded the plane. He stared out the window as the plane started to take off.

The man beside him snored terribly. Tioga wanted to throttle him. It was like listening to a tractor-trailer down-shifting. Tioga got no sleep because of the man. He pressed himself against the side of the plane as the man started to drool.

The nightmarish flight finally ended. People looked at him strangely as he walked out of the plane without luggage. He liked the look of Ireland already. The busy streets of Dublin were something else. He especially liked the look of Phoenix Park, just a few kilometers away from Dublin and had tons of trees. It had deer and pheasants too. It even used to be royal hunting grounds.

But now its my home.

Edited by Packgoater

Ziva looked up upon hearing a plane and saw that it was low, thinking that it was going to land at the airport. Curious, she headed that way and towards the park area. When she reached Phoenix Park, she saw a boy there looking around at the area as if he liked it. She wanted to walk up to him and meet him but she was too shy and nervous to do that so she stayed where she was.

She also didn't know if he was a rogue like her or if he was part of a pack that might be here in the Dublin area. Sighing, she walked away from the park and deeper into the woods. If the boy wanted to follow her, that was fine with her but she was still going to be a bit nervous around him.

Edited by SkySong278

As Tioga was looking around he notice a girl with long, black hair and blue-gray eyes. She seemed a bit older than he was, but not by much. He was going to say hi, but she walked off, further into the woods. He let her walk on for a bit and then started to follow her.

"Hey! Hey are you from around here? I just arrived from Italy. My name's Tioga," he said with a deep, rich voice that had just a slight Italian accent. A million questions filled his mind. Was this girl a werewolf? If so was she pack? Or was she a loner?

Ziva looked over at the boy that she had seen in the park and listened to all that he said before saying in reply with a small Irish accent, "Hi and yes I live here. My name's Ziva. It's nice to meet you Tioga." She smiled at him before looking ahead of them again. She had shivered a bit when she heard his deep, rich voice but she got herself under control. She kind of knew that he had a lot of other questions that he wanted to ask so she stayed quiet as she waited for the bombardment of questions.

"Um.. well... are you... y'know... a werewolf? Not to be nosy or anything. I was just er wondering. And if you are, are you in a pack? Are there many packs around here? Are there wolves in this park? Or are you a rouge?" He said, cracking his knuckles in his nervousness. He hated talking to people. They were so difficult to understand. And if he was wrong about this girl, he hated the reactions people had to werewolves. His golden eyes dared to look up from his scuffed VANS and search her eyes. He shifted his weight so as to be able to run if she was human and he tousled his shaggy, black hair. Tioga was frightened. He was quite embarrassed about the fact, but he found himself frightened by the prospect of this girl being human. Something in his gut told him that she was not however.

"I'm a rogue but there are packs here yes," Ziva said in reply to his questions. She answered his first question by answering his second question. She could tell that he was nervous and she understood why that was. He probably thought that she was a human and she figured that he didn't do well with talking to humans. Well he's in luck, she thought to herself. Because I'm not a human; I'm a werewolf. That meant that he probably was one as well which was good. She also figured that he had just moved here to be with others of his kind which she was okay with and if he was a rogue as well, then that made it even better.

"I'm a rouge too. Never been a pack person. Probably never will be," Tioga said with relief, his eyes twinkling and opening his mouth to a broad smile. "So, whats your name? I gave you mine, but didn't catch yours. Or are you one of those non-trusting types?" He leaned against a broad sycamore tree. Good, she's a werewolf. And a rouge. And fairly good-looking.

((sorry for the late reply user posted image; i was waiting for Alexis to post before continuing but since she didn't, I'll post))

"I like being on my own but I do check the activities of a pack that's nearby occasionally just to see what they're doing," Ziva said in reply to his first few statements. In reply to his questions she said, "No I'm not one of those non-trusting types and my name's Ziva." She also leaned back against a nearby tree for support and then looked him over. He sure is handsome, she thought to herself as she let her eyes rest on his again. I'm glad that he's a rogue like me and that he came here. She didn't really know what else to say so she stayed quiet.

"So... you live 'round here then? Are there apartments anywhere or someplace I could get cash?" he asked. He started looking around where they were. The place was mostly green with a few ponds and tons of woods. He dug his fingers into the wood behind him, his gold eyes now troubled. He had heard the humans in Dublin could be harsh toward werewolves. He supposed he would have to be more careful from now on, if he didn't want to end up a head on someone's wall. "Are the humans here as bad as they say? I've heard they can be harsh in Dublin." He was hungry after the flight too. Maybe a deer would be nice. A cafe? Are there any cafes around here? Maybe Ziva would join me?

Edited by Packgoater

"Yes I have a house in the woods nearby," Ziva said in reply to his first question. "There are a few apartments in the city along with banks and ATM's," she said in reply to his second question before hearing another question and a statement that he said. As she thought about how to answer them, she looked around the park and saw a few kids playing tag and hide and seek. "I don't really know since I spend most of my time in the woods," she said finally as she turned her attention back on him. "However, the few that I have talked to when I go shopping have been nice. I don't know about the rest, though."

Tioga's stomach growled.

"Pardon me for a few moments." he said and went further into the woods. He tensed, letting the wolf instincts in him rise and take over his humanness. His bones constricted and changed shape, fur began to break through flesh and rise. The only things that stayed the same about him were is eyes. He was now a white wolf with jet black markings. He was very large and muscles rippled along his legs as he moved. But the most remarkable thing about this wolf was his claws. They were wicked, curved things, much larger than any normal wolf's. And they had notches in them so that once he stuck his claws in a deer's flesh, it would be hard to come out. They were as black as his fur and penetrated the earth as he slowly raised his head to catch the sent of deer on the slight breeze. There they were, far to the left. There was something wrong about them though. There was an acrid smell of death about them. It was normal if there was a just slight smell of this, for most herds had a weak or dying one. But there was too much of the smell for it to be one of the deer. No, it had to be most, if not all, of them. He walked over to where he had left Ziva, nodded curtly in her direction, and went to check it out. When he found the deer he stopped dead. All of the deer lay on the ground, hacking up bile. Tioga knew that small ruminants only throw up if there is something VERY bad in their stomachs. This could be no accident. Of course, Tioga jumped to the conclusion that humans had something to do with this. He walked over to Ziva, sat down, turned his gold eyes up at her, and whined.